Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 07:06 AM   #31
disneydreamer1970
Loves planning surprise Disney trips!

I'm in! Your PTR looks great! Oh and my little guy had a baby power incident a few months ago...only he sprinkled it all over his bedroom. I don't think any of it made it on himself. That stuff is hard to get off of windows, walls and doors.

I am looking forward to reading more!

Trish

disneydreamer1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #32
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Great job getting somewhere to stay free!!!!

I love your autograph books, I'm not creative so I just buy them at the park but Donatalie has great stuff!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #33
DisneyCP08
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~W. Disney

all though the one-site perks are great, finding a place to stay for free during Christmas is a great deal. I love the autograph books
Graduation Trip Port Orleans 2006, DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Spring '08, 1st Disney Cruise- Wonder March 2009, 21st Bday at Disney Saratoga Springs June2009 , Disney College Program Reunion All Star Movies May 2010, CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY Polynesian Resort December 2010 , Spring Break at Disney March '11 at Port Orleans, College Graduation & site visit All Star Sports Aug 2011, Thanksgiving and Wedding Planning Session November 2012, 4th of July 2013,

DisneyCP08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #34
Cherry Limeade
Earning My Ears

The Great T-Shirt Debate

What to do, what to do.

Back in February, when I was suffering from a lack of sunshine and deep-seated hatred of cold weather, the thought of making 7 custom t-shirts for each day of the trip made perfect sense. I mean, really, it's 49 shirts. How bad could it be?

As the trip has drawn nearer I (obviously) started questioning my decision. Just the expense alone made me do a double take, add to that the one-time-wear of so many iron-ons and the cost of ink and the time involved?

So, I waffled. I thought about it. I wondered if the entire trip would hinge on the matching shirts. Could we possibly be happy in Disney World wearing non-matching shirts?

Then I started thinking about the weather. I know December weather in Florida is up in the air, much like here at home. We may be wearing shorts and t-shirts, or we may be bundled up and braving freezing temperatures. There's just no way to know! And how disappointed would I be if all of my hard work was covered in layers in an attempt to stay warm?

So, I think I will hit up the Disney Outlet store and buy each person a couple of shirts. They won't match, but they'll be Disney and can be worn in the park. And if they get covered with a jacket, so be it.

One less thing to worry about.

So, what have I done this morning?

I made pressed penny money tubes:

And I made custom crayon boxes for the kids:

These will go in their travel day gift box. Since we leave so super early on Christmas morning that's what Santa will be bringing. It will also have a coloring book, small toys, snacks, and any other little special things that Santa can find. They get to open that Christmas morning and pack it in their airplane carry-ons.

My mom and dad will be getting a Disney Survival Kit for Christmas. Each will have chap-stick, hand sanitizer, travel size OTC meds, blister band-aids, and other stuff that might come in handy. Mom is also getting the Hidden Mickey handbook, cause I think she'll enjoy that.

I have to go research more Christmas gifts and get started on that shopping. I want to be done before Thanksgiving so I can spend December doing the final prep on Disney without distraction!

Up next - The great flight frustration.

January 27 - February 2, 2010
December 25, 2010 - January 1, 2011

Going back in 2015!
Cherry Limeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #35
Cherry Limeade
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
subbing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamer1970 View Post
I'm in! Your PTR looks great! Oh and my little guy had a baby power incident a few months ago...only he sprinkled it all over his bedroom. I don't think any of it made it on himself. That stuff is hard to get off of windows, walls and doors.

I am looking forward to reading more!

Trish
Yeah - the powder was a huge mess and I still see some of it in cracks and corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Great job getting somewhere to stay free!!!!

I love your autograph books, I'm not creative so I just buy them at the park but Donatalie has great stuff!!
Thanks! When I started making these I wasn't sure about the timeline and I didn't want to use valuable park time tracking down albums. This seemed easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCP08 View Post
all though the one-site perks are great, finding a place to stay for free during Christmas is a great deal. I love the autograph books
Thanks on both counts. I couldn't believe our unbelievable luck!

Going back in 2015!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #36
DisneyCP08
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. ~W. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Limeade View Post
The Great T-Shirt Debate

What to do, what to do.

Back in February, when I was suffering from a lack of sunshine and deep-seated hatred of cold weather, the thought of making 7 custom t-shirts for each day of the trip made perfect sense. I mean, really, it's 49 shirts. How bad could it be?

As the trip has drawn nearer I (obviously) started questioning my decision. Just the expense alone made me do a double take, add to that the one-time-wear of so many iron-ons and the cost of ink and the time involved?

So, I waffled. I thought about it. I wondered if the entire trip would hinge on the matching shirts. Could we possibly be happy in Disney World wearing non-matching shirts?

Then I started thinking about the weather. I know December weather in Florida is up in the air, much like here at home. We may be wearing shorts and t-shirts, or we may be bundled up and braving freezing temperatures. There's just no way to know! And how disappointed would I be if all of my hard work was covered in layers in an attempt to stay warm?

So, I think I will hit up the Disney Outlet store and buy each person a couple of shirts. They won't match, but they'll be Disney and can be worn in the park. And if they get covered with a jacket, so be it.

One less thing to worry about.

So, what have I done this morning?

I made pressed penny money tubes:

And I made custom crayon boxes for the kids:

These will go in their travel day gift box. Since we leave so super early on Christmas morning that's what Santa will be bringing. It will also have a coloring book, small toys, snacks, and any other little special things that Santa can find. They get to open that Christmas morning and pack it in their airplane carry-ons.

My mom and dad will be getting a Disney Survival Kit for Christmas. Each will have chap-stick, hand sanitizer, travel size OTC meds, blister band-aids, and other stuff that might come in handy. Mom is also getting the Hidden Mickey handbook, cause I think she'll enjoy that.

I have to go research more Christmas gifts and get started on that shopping. I want to be done before Thanksgiving so I can spend December doing the final prep on Disney without distraction!

Up next - The great flight frustration.
49 shirts is def. alot. I am making a couple sweatshirts and t-shirts. I am hoping I don't wait until the last minute. We are trying to not go too crazy with the gifts, so I already started shopping on our trip in May. Love the crayon boxes.
Graduation Trip Port Orleans 2006, DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Spring '08, 1st Disney Cruise- Wonder March 2009, 21st Bday at Disney Saratoga Springs June2009 , Disney College Program Reunion All Star Movies May 2010, CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY Polynesian Resort December 2010 , Spring Break at Disney March '11 at Port Orleans, College Graduation & site visit All Star Sports Aug 2011, Thanksgiving and Wedding Planning Session November 2012, 4th of July 2013,

DisneyCP08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #37
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

I'm trying to figure out t-shirts right now as well...and with time running out, it may be a Disney Store trip.

Congrats on the free place to stay. I know you wanted to stay onsite, but you can't beat the price of that. I'm sure it'll be great.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #38
Cherry Limeade
Earning My Ears

Alright folks. Today is a super exciting day! It is oficially 100 days til Disney. Which is exciting caus etomorrow we're in the DOUBLE DIGITS!!!

And even better? The kids got a letter from Mickey Mouse!

Dear MOTS, Hollywood, & Captain Chaos,

Donald Duck just left my office after telling me that you guys are coming to my house in just 100 days!

I can hardly believe that you will be here so soon! Donald, Daisy, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and I are so excited to get to see you again and hope that you are super excited to come stay at my house for a whole entire week at Christmas time!

Speaking of Christmas, I called my good friend Santa and let him know that you are going to come to my house for Christmas and he agreed to make sure that all of your gifts get delivered here so you can open them when you get here.

You better start counting down the days! Christmas will be here before we know it. I will be sure to send you more mail between now and when you get here. I can hardly wait!

Love,
Mickey Mouse

Good thing he told them to count down the days cause we'll be making our countdown calendar tomorrow!

Anyway, after tha letter came I got all kinds of questions about how Mickey knew we were coming and how many letters must he mail out, etc. It was so fun to see them all excited about the Mickey mail...

Going back in 2015!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #39
Cherry Limeade
Earning My Ears

So, we are 10 weeks out!

75 days!

I am busy gathering little Halloween things for a "package" from the Haunted Mansion on Halloween.

Other than that I haven't done much. I did manage to get the rental car (minivan) reserved. I will be ordering tickets sometime soon, probably November.

I still need to do the Epcot Passports. Need to get on that one!

I will be honest that I am a little nervous about being there Christmas week, but am hopeful that going in with a plan we will get to do what we want.

Going back in 2015!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #40
mom0299
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Limeade View Post

I will be honest that I am a little nervous about being there Christmas week, but am hopeful that going in with a plan we will get to do what we want.
Don't get yourself worked up about the crowds. I think you are going to be fine. Yes, there will be a lot of people there, but you have a plan and most of those people don't. Just be sure to get the parks for rope drop and hit your "must-dos" first. Relax and enjoy your trip. Don't get stressed out. As much as my kids LOVE WDW they still love to go to the pool while we're there. Take your cues from the kids and don't stress. You'll have a great time!

Disneymoon @ Dixie Landings - 1993 Family Trip @ CR - 2004 Family Trip @ CSR - 2006 Family Christmas Trip @ All Star Sports - 2006 New Year Grand Gathering @ Pop - 2007/2008 Family Christmas Trip @ CBR - 2010 Family Trip @ POR - 2013
mom0299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #41
Cherry Limeade
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom0299 View Post
Don't get yourself worked up about the crowds. I think you are going to be fine. Yes, there will be a lot of people there, but you have a plan and most of those people don't. Just be sure to get the parks for rope drop and hit your "must-dos" first. Relax and enjoy your trip. Don't get stressed out. As much as my kids LOVE WDW they still love to go to the pool while we're there. Take your cues from the kids and don't stress. You'll have a great time!

Thanks for that. I think I will come back and read this post at least once a week from now until Christmas!

Going back in 2015!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:20 AM   #42
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Great PTR, really looking forward to hearing about the rest of your plans as they happen!

We're going 17th-31st December and staying offsite too...
Christmas week does tend to be busy, but don't worry about it - you're in Disney! Just enjoy the magic!

Love all your creations too - I was going to make autograph books and passports, but I'm gonna cheat and buy them... or get DBF to buy them for me!

xxx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: