Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

Poo, vomit, and needing Tinker Bell dust- May/June

HI!

We're back and we had so much fun!! Lessons were learned and are gearing up for more Disney vacations in the future!!

The cast;
Me- Mommy/ the Disney Planner
Grasshopper- Daddy/DH
Biscuit- our soon-to-be 13 month old baby boy
Dates May 31-June 4
Where: Carribbean Beach- Aruba- Building 53

We left on May 30th. No that is not a typo- we decieded to fly out of a different city because Grasshopper hadn't seen his friend who lives in that city in another state in over a year. So we decieded to leave an extra day so he could spend some time with his friend. Its only about 3-4hrs away so it wasn't too far.
He was eagered to get on the road during Biscuit's afternoon nap and I was doing last minute things. Then I said "I can't go until I have some Tinker Bell dust for our trip!" (you know-- a little joy) I logged on to the Disney account and saw- our trip reservation and was excited!!! It was really happening!!!

"Was that the dust you were looking for?" Grasshopper asked---
"Yep" Finally we were on our way!!

We stopped at a rest stop and DH taught our son how to climb up the slide!!
(I'll include pics later)

Then we met his friend at Outback Steakhouse and had a lovely time.

Then we went to Super8. We asked for a pack'n play and had to pay $12 for it. He didn't even sleep in it. He would not lay down and finally I just took him to our bed and he pushed Grasshopper out of the bed twice!! Now Grasshopper says we should have said "Keep the P'P" Oh, well. We got up early and made it to our airport.

DAY 2 May 31- Check in/Downtown Disney

We got in line and our ticket person said one of our bags barely makes it to be a carry-on. YEA!!!!! So we only had one checked bag. We made our way to the gate/security. I had Biscuit and the diaper bag, and Grasshopper had his laptop and the two carry-ons.
The line divided into a 'Y' so it was confusing for me. The TSA guy came over and I just looked at him and said, "I'm so confused."
"Don't worry, we all are" he said Then he stands there watching me...

So I'm putting Biscuits blankets and my flip-flops in the tray and the agent comes over and takes my diaper bag from me. I started to panic!!! Oh- here it starts! I thought!!!

"Do you have any liquids in here?"
"um- yes, his juice" I pulled it out of the side pocket and both Gerber juices were still sealed and he just handed them back. (Surprise here- I actually forgot to put them in a bag!) Then he opened up the big zipper compartment. AND again I forgot to put his baby benadryl in a baggie. (bad mommy)
"Oh, I forgot to put this in a baggie! Here, I guess you'll have to take it"
" No, we'll just put that back right here" he whisphered.

Then I got Biscuit out of his stroller and the TSA took it from me and folded it up for me!!! Then (there were about 15 people in line at this point) he pulled me out from the line- I was so scared. My horror was happening- being pulled out of the line for a patdown. Grasshopper was still putting things in his tray and putting carry-ons on the belt. (He also wore shoes, so that took some time to get those off because he unlaces them.) He had no idea what was happening.

There was another TSA who was a female and she was on the other side the the decetor and just kept saying "Don't put the baby down, just walk over to me."
I know I must have had a confused look on my face!! The other male TSA came over with the stoller and had it ready to go! I turned around to see where Grasshopper was. He was still there waiting his turn; and I was the only one who went through that line. I'm guessing they didn't see me as much as a threat!!! He (TSA) also handed me my blankets and bag.

I just thought I share my story with TSA- they were very kind and helpful.
So that's it for now...
Old 06-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
jessidoll
Second Star To The Right And Straight On 'Till Morning.

Location: Either at Hogwarts causing some mischief or in Neverland fighting some pirates.

I'm in!!

Isn't it always?
Consilium non umquam.

I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

DAY TWO continued

I know I said I'll post pics- I will I promise!!!
I just wanted to finish up with the airport bit before I went to bed.

Well we got boarded first and learned we had a full flight which meant that we would share our third seat with someone Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sharing at all- I just feel sorry for the person sitting next to a baby. We both didn't know if he would sleep or cry the whole time.

During takeoff, Grasshopper held on my hand so tight!!! Biscuit just slept WHOLE TIME!! (until 15 before we landed). DH calmed down and we just chilled.
Biscuit woke up and was so happy- screaming at everyone. Yes, my son screams.

LOUDLY.

Then the eyes rolled in the back of his head.
All moms out there KNOW that look.

:::Insert dramatic pause here:::

His mouth opened and he threw up.

ON ME.

At first I'm thinking 'Its not so bad; its just a little bit.'

Before I could even react to the first emesis.

He did it again.
This time it was much more.

Grasshopper gagged.
And the sweet girl seating with us did so well and didn't even complain. At this time everyone around us is putting on the air full blast.
Poor Biscuit. He looked so miserable.

The stweardess happened to come by at the time and saw the mess.
We cleaned him up the best we could there, then Grasshopper took him to the bathroom to clean him up with water. I FORGOT to pack an extra outfit for him, but he was wearing a shirt and a onsie. So we just had him in his onsie.
He also threw-up on his blankets.
While they were gone, I tried to clean our area up. Now mind you, he slept the whole time until this point- so I didn't give him anything to drink. I think it was the bouncing around. I would go into detail about the vomit, but I think I'll spare you.

When we landed my shirt and my pants were soaked.
I'm not exaggerating here. I stunk. I didn't even like me.

Luckly I learned to pack, growing up to always put an outfit in your carry-on, and in other peoples carry-on. (This was way back when- when airliners famously would loose your luggage.) I happened to have Grasshoppers- the smallest and told him to forget it I'm not waiting for the ONLY family restroom to open up. I left him with everything and our messy boy.

When I emerged I was as fresh and clean as I could get (and YES I was that person who rinsed out my clothes in the sink).

They were gone.
Where did they go??? I just waited and searched the crowds. How hard is it to see a grown man with a baby??

Then the door opened up behind me.
Grasshopper was there with Biscuit. Apparently right when I entered the girls bathroom the family rest room opened up. BUMMER!!!
Grasshopper did so good! He cleaned him up in sink and got a new onsie on him.
Biscuit looked a lot better. This was all before 12:00pm!!!

We landed in FL and had a better flight- no vomit this time!!!! I knew to look for the wicker chairs from reading other TR- and there they were!!!!

We went to Disney Express and the workers were SO HAPPY. DH said, "Now its real."
And so our Disney adventure officially began.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

Sorry test

This is my first time posting a picture.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

rest stop pictures

Biscuit was trying to drive the car!! I had went in the gas station to get some milk and there was Biscuit out of his carseat.

Biscuit and Grasshopper's friend had the same look!! It was so funny I just had to share!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

DAY TWO continued

Yea! readers!!!

Here ia a pic from our 2nd flight from GA to FL.
He just loved looking out the window!! we both are wearing new outfits. I wasn't looking forward to doing laundry right when I got to Disney. Especially vomited stained.

On the bus. All ready to go to CB!

Biscuit in his rental stroller:

Now notice he is in a different outfit than the brown one he was in when DH changed him at the airport. I'll tell you about that later.
So we got dropped of the CB first!!! and.... our room wasn't ready. That's okay. we left our carry-ons with the custom house and we went exploring. I loved that we got to do that. We didn't even have enough time to explore all that we wanted too!!!

Biscuit took ahold of my flip-flops and found a new toy.
Later when our room was ready, I was unpacking and setting our room up and I turned around and found this:

Both of my men were sleeping. So cute.
If anyone has not been to CB it should be a must do! I really liked the whole place!!! Grasshopper even said that we didn't get to see everything about it!!!
ta-ta for now!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

I almost forgot to tell you!!!

Okay so when we landed in GA, Bicsuit fell asleep when the plane started to take off. Okay we thought- we're in the clear. BUT not really. Biscuit well- he pooed. Of course we thought. So we were faced with a dilemma. Do we wake up the baby and incure the wrath? Or do we deal with the smell?
Well we decieded since the plane had NO changing station and I didn't want to put my baby on the floor; we would just deal with the smell.

What a way to start our vacation.
Plane 1: vomit
Plane 2: Poo

Then when they woke up from their short nap. A smell reached our noses. Biscuit pooed again!!!!
So I started to change him and stopped. He had poo UP his diaper!!! What do to? I pretty much almost lost my senses!!

"Take him to the bathroom, take him to the bathroom" I shouted.
Since he had poo all over his body- front and back, I grabbed the legs, Grasshopper took his arms and we put him in the tub.

Thats when we put him in the blue onsie.

Our room wasn't the far from laundry and I went to see how much detergent cost. (I forgot to write down how much- SORRY! I think it was a dollar.) In the corner was a change machine so you don't need to bring quarters. The washer/dryer work well enough. Took out the vomit stain. So- our next trip I will be doing more laundry than this time- less clothes I have to bring!

We walked over to the bus stop and waited for our bus to take us to Downtown Disney!!!

Notice he is wearing his hat.

Didn't last long.

After this picture he ripped it off his head. We tried in vain to get it back on with no success. We also bought sandals. Nice one too.

Yep. same results. Off they went.
We lifted the white flag- you win this time Biscuit.

One last pic before I leave today. This picture we thought was a cute "joke".
NOPE- it was very true in all of the parks. It was like parting of the Red Sea. People moved for the mama duck and her ducklings. It was very cute.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
Melknor
Mouseketeer

I feel your pain with the vomit on the plane! Our trip last year, my DS was sick and threw up several times. He was 4 so he was able to use the vomit bags, but it was still a mess. Luckily I had a change of clothes for him handy and I had brought a large size ziploc to put his blanket in that got hit as well. Unfortunately I got sick the second night at Disney, so it was a 24 hr bug that hit us.

I can't wait to read the rest of your TR!

April 2010 TR - Aloha Adventures with Stink-eye, Chunk Hurling and Pixie Dust 4/21 - 4/27
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post36477614

May/June 2011 - Off Site - Indian Creek

July 2014 - Disneyland - 1st Trip!!

Me , DH , DS9 & DS14
Old 06-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melknor View Post
I feel your pain with the vomit on the plane! Our trip last year, my DS was sick and threw up several times. He was 4 so he was able to use the vomit bags, but it was still a mess. Luckily I had a change of clothes for him handy and I had brought a large size ziploc to put his blanket in that got hit as well. Unfortunately I got sick the second night at Disney, so it was a 24 hr bug that hit us.

I can't wait to read the rest of your TR!
OH my gosh- your poor child!!! Yes- I did the same thing. I brought ziploc bags and DH was like "Why do we need those?" Well now he knows and swears he won't do any traveling without them!!!
Any Dis'er reading this and you have a young child please bring ziploc bags!!! they are a life saver!!
Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #10
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

Finally Downtown Disney!

We got off the bus and Grasshopper had to be reassured-

"Are you sure we don't need park tickets to get in?"
"Yeah, yeah, just trust me." I pushed the stroller inside, I was eager to start our shopping!

Once we got inside I saw the Disney decor. Grasshopper was impressed.

We went into the Christmas store!!! It was Heaven.
We got Biscuit his stocking and ornament. We also got my mom her ornament (the 4 parks). We wanted to get Biscuit one last year on the online store, but they didn't have many options. We chose the Pluto for him. The ornament was the Tigger on Pooh with the ornament hanging on the side. So cute. We did site seeing and had to stop and see the legos. We continued and had to pick up Grasshopper's jaw along the way.

Grasshopper found that Stitch sprayed water and allowed Stitch to spray water on Biscuit's feet. Biscuit thought that it was so funny- he was laughing! I'm sure people watching us thought we were awful parents... oh well what ever makes him happy!

Our 2nd meal. Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the first meal.
Grasshopper went up a second time for "coke".
"Back again?"
"Yeah, its a little watered down."
"Well, it is a family function"
LOL I'm sure they must get 'tipsy' people from time to time!!
We ended our day by having supper at "House of Blues" We went in around 4pm and didn't have to wait. Sorry- I forgot to take a pic of that as well! I really don't remember what I had- ribs I think with grilled corn. All I remember was it was DELICIOUS!!!

After we ate we hopped on the boat and took it across the pond. (I wore flip-flops and we were still waiting for our luggage from ME- which had my shoes. My flip-flops were hurting my feet so bad- I was tempted to go bare-foot and even looked at buying some at Downtown.) By the time the boat landed at the other dock I had time to look at my feet. Both of them had BLISTERS!!!

We decided to go back to our resort; but we forgot to get milk- oops! So Grasshopper and I split up. Grasshopper wanted me to take the stroller but I said no. Handling a baby, buggy, and a diaper bag- no way! So he took the stroller and went to the giftshop.

Once I got off the bus- off went the flip-flops!!!! I almost threw them in the trash- but I didn't. we were going to go swimming sometime and I would need them then. sigh. Should of worn my older pair. Lesson learned.

Biscuit and I went back to our room and finished doing our laundry and unpacking. We waited a long time. I did his bath, I tried to stall as long as possible.

9:00pm rolled around... Biscuit and I heard the 'wishes'.... no Grasshopper.

Where was Grasshopper?

Finally he came back in time for Biscuit to be put down.

He waited for the bus and it didn't arrive, (I'm guessing he didn't wait long enough) so he and another dad; who also went on a milk run decided to walk back.

Well- Grasshopper got lost. I laughed so hard I had tears!!!!!

He also got strange looks because: here is a guy, pushing an empty stroller at night!

"Where's the baby?" people asked. "did you lose it?"

"No, his with his mother- I'm just pushing an empty stoller for fun"

We went to bed exhausted.
Tomorrow- ANIMAL KINGDOM!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #11
cam&phoebsmom
counting down the days until our next trip...

Looks like you are off to a great start! We stayed at CBR on our last trip in the pirate rooms. I loved the resort-I actually fell asleep in one of the hammocks on the beach one afternoon.

Falling asleep in a hammock in January is heavenly!

Come check it out!
Pilgrims On The Move-A Thanksgiving Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2764939
Old 06-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
Melknor
Mouseketeer

Oh that margarita looks good!!!! I had plenty of them on our trip! YUMMY!

Can't wait to hear how your AK day went.

April 2010 TR - Aloha Adventures with Stink-eye, Chunk Hurling and Pixie Dust 4/21 - 4/27
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post36477614

May/June 2011 - Off Site - Indian Creek

July 2014 - Disneyland - 1st Trip!!

Me , DH , DS9 & DS14
Old 06-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #13
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

Animal Kingdom

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days!!!
Here is part one.
Okay. I wanted to get up and get there early- not really to see rope drop; but early enough to beat the traffic.

The alarm woke us up around 7ish. We turned it off. I really wanted to sleep and same with Grasshopper. Bicsuit even slept in. I really don't even remember what time we actually got up...
We had breakfast and it was delicious!!! (sorry- I forgot to take a pic... again.) I had the adult breakfast platter and shared it with Biscuit. Grasshopper had something else. To be honest. All three of us could of shared that one plate. (Grasshopper doesn't eat b-fast normally).

We went over to the bus stop. And waited. And waited. Bus after bus. We saw a lot of MK buses.... but no AK. A little boy asked us which bus we were waiting for and he said just as we were coming there the AK bus took off. Bummer- we missed it!!

Oh, well. Finally our bus came; and we met two little boys with their parents going to the water park. He had a Stitch stuffy and numbers written on their arms. They were very proud of their numbers and showed them to us.
I asked them "Is that in case your parents get lost?"
Grasshopper smirked and same with their parents. But the boys practically leaped from their seats.
"Oh, NO! In case I do. These are their phone numbers."
Then he rattled them off. so cute.

We were loaded off and a bit confused where the park entrance was. We just followed the mass herd of people. (We got there around 10:00)

Once we got there I was impressed. This was my first time there and I was truely loving it.

We took our time and took photos of the Tree of Life and had the Disneyphoto pass take our pictures. A must do!!!

We rounded the corner and saw STITCH AND LILO characters!!! Grasshoppers first Disney movie he saw was Lilo and Stitch-- I'm not kidding--- and it is his favorite. Biscuit fell asleep and they were so good to him!!!!

We went over to the Mickey and Minnie Camp. I had no idea what to expect. If this is your first time- its a place where Mikey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald did autographs. Some other characters came out as well.

We did Donald and Goofy, and I think Minnie and then---- the rain came.
For the next 2 hours we were over by the bathrooms with 50 other people. (Okay, not that many- we were practically rubbing behinds with eachother.) My memory is a bit hazy during this time because at one point we did leave the bathrooms- only to come back. Why, I don't know... We were confused.
We were like do we leave and come back? or should we stick it out?
I think we left to go eat and then we came back to get Mickey's picture. So here is a lunch pic. Grasshopper got food and I left to go get a table.

Since this lunch we did this at every meal time. He would go get the food and I would get a table. This is what we had. Success!!
I remembered to take a PIC!!!!

It was really good. I don't remeber what is was called- some kind of a Pizza Place.
Bicuit even loved his food.

Notice his disposible bib. And his placemat.

After just 3 meals, he learned to yank and pull them off himself and the table. I wasn't going to fight it. Not worth it. So I just packed extra clothes for the other parks.

After we ate the sun came out and the storms had passed. I'm glad we waited.

We made a loop with the park and forgive me; I don't have a park map with me. Biscuit is sleeping right now and my maps are in his room. (sorry) so this will be a quick part 1.

Okay. I decided to try the safari ride. We went over to it and a line- BUT it was moving very fast. Oh, looks are so misleading!! We decided instead to do the zoo. If memory serves me correctly, we saw the other half of the line and it was LONG. So glad we didn't do that. We also didn't think Biscuit would stay put in his seat. We'll just have to do that next time we are able to come.

I loved the zoo and same with both of my men. We had so much fun just walking around that bit. Of course we wished we could have seen the tigers; but only one graced us with his presence. The rest were hiding. I also skipped the bat house.
Grasshopper, of course, just had to see them. Bats, freak me out. (Grasshopper sometimes does his "public service" and helps people with bats in their homes). He said it was nice to see them hanging; but wished I could have seen those bats fly like the ones at home....
I told him "No, thanks". Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Then we took the train. Forgive me again- I think it was the "Rafiki's Planet watch?" You could only take the train there.

It was nice seeing the backside the magic. And finally we made it to our destination. I saw these 2 elephants and just had to get Biscuit's picture.

Then is started to RAIN. again!!! WHAT?!

We tried to hurry to- well, hurry to something- we didn't really know what we were looking for. We knew there was going to be a building so we just wanted to get there. We tried to hurry; but people who- were covered in rain gear, who were prepared unlike us; who didn't wear raincoats- Took. Their. Time.

Okay I know, its my fault for not wearing anything but WHITE. And didn't buy anything in the giftshop when we had the time.... but still it was somewhat comical so see two people with a buggy trying to get around the group in front of us.
Whenever we moved to the left- they did has well. Same if we went to the right.

Finally we got to the building.

And here is a tip. In nearly all building they do not allow strollers inside. Makes sense- who wants to clean up muddy carpets and a room full of strollers.

We went inside and the walls were covered with artwork! It was beautiful!!!
The bathrooms were very clean by the way. Just thought you should know.

We went around the corner and WOW. A nice place to get out of the rain. A Castmember said that the Petting Zoo was closed because of lightning in the area.

We had fun and here is a pic with one of Biscuits fav. character from the trip. I shall end this post and continue with a map in front of me- TTFN!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #14
butterflyjo
Earning My Ears

part 2 and some corrections

Okay, I left off telling you guys that I didn't have a map in front of me and I was going off of my memory-- Sooooo, DH looked at the last reply and corrected me.
So now I have my map.
We saw the hippos and gorillas in the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail; and the bats were in the Maharajah Jngle Trek. We went on the PFET first then the train. Now that I have straigthen that out. Lets continue.

After the train and going to the Conversation Station- a must do by the way- We needed to stop to feed and water Biscuit; well, give him milk. Has I was doing that Grasshopper went back up to the train station to do my penny press.

I took and idea/tip from another Dis'er and used a Mentos gum container. It worked very well, thanks for the tip.

While he was doing the press he was asked by a castmember "Do you have enough money for that? There are over 300 machines throughout all of Disney."

HOLY-MOLY!!!

After he got those pennies for me we zipped into a gift shop and bought a few souveniors. We got a t-shirt for Biscuit (Pooh looking at a tiger and asking, Is that you Tigger?) and a penny press holder (around $7, not a bad price I thought).

We walked over to Asia and gasp---- if we had blinked we would have missed it- a character!!!!!

We saw Turk!!! If you look at the map of AK there is Mickey hand right by the 'L' , below the bathrooms sign, and above the parade route. However Turk was a little higher up on the trail that goes above the parade rout; at the first corner.

We almost missed him because we were trying to miss all the people for the parade and took a "path lest traveled" and quite literally ran into him. I didn't even see Turk. He was very well hiddened.

Biscuit just loved all the characters!!! He always tried to put his hand in their mouths and grabbed at their fur.

We went over to Asia and saw that part of the 'zoo'. I just loved looking at the pictures they tried to make 'old'. I feel sorry for the person who put all that time and energy into it; just to have it be partly destroyed to make it look old.

Oh, well. It looks good and the bird houses did as well.

Grasshopper wanted to see the Expedition Everest, and oh, my goodness that thing is huge! We didn't go on it. We just wanted to look at it.

We were done for the day. We took a trail and missed the Dinoland completely, but we did stop to take a picture of Disney's best pet; so says the castmember we talked to.

We did go back to Camp Minnie-Mickey to see if we could get some more autographs- which we did. Then we headed back to our resort.

All and all it was a good day. We would have seen more had we not been holed up for two hours in the bathrooms because of the rain.
BUT it was okay.

We went back and changed into our swimming suits. Grasshopper was excited to go swimming and I was too!!!

We ate outside and poo- I forgot to take a picture of what we ate. I don't even remember now.

I do remember that Grasshopper bought a cookie for Biscuit!!!

Biscuit did okay but has soon as the bucket filled and dumped water- he was done. Here are the really cute pictures we got.

Yep, he is smiling; but as soon as we got him in the water- he pitched a royal fit. We went swimming a few months previous- so, I don't know, maybe it was because here we made him wear a life-jacket? This was the first and last time we went swimming while at Disney.

We went back to our room and Biscuit decided to pack himself in the suitcase. So cute!!!

We went to bed, excited for our day to begin tomorrow.

I shall go now- Biscuit is trying to help me write this!!! LOL TTFN

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: