Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #121
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Dr. Doom and Green Goblin tend to alternate with the Heros in Marvel Island. Their times are not listed in the park maps, but I see them out regularly.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #122
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

I tried to meet ParaNorman on Wednesday and was told he is only out Thur-Sat in the late afternoons (which are when I work). It was a bummer - hopefully he'll be out more frequently as it gets closer to the movie!

I can confirm that Dr. Doom was out Wednesday.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #123
rabbitroger
Mouseketeer

Looking at the pictures is it just me or does Betty Boop look really wrong as a real person?

It would be so much better if she was in a full body suit like Jafar or Smee at Disney.
rabbitroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #124
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

We have never been to UO before. I love your website and pics, but is there a list anywhere that shows WHERE in UO/IoA these characters usually can be found? Specifically the Simpsons, Sponge Bob, Despicable Me, Hop, Scooby Doo, and Marvel Superheroes?

We are debating whether to do the new Superstar breakfast one morning. Has anyone here been? What did you think? My triplets are 12 and love getting pics made with the characters.

Thanks!
triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #125
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefigs View Post
We have never been to UO before. I love your website and pics, but is there a list anywhere that shows WHERE in UO/IoA these characters usually can be found? Specifically the Simpsons, Sponge Bob, Despicable Me, Hop, Scooby Doo, and Marvel Superheroes?

We are debating whether to do the new Superstar breakfast one morning. Has anyone here been? What did you think? My triplets are 12 and love getting pics made with the characters.

Thanks!
The super heroes stay in Marvel Super Hero Island. They come out throughout the day. Check the park map when you're there for times.

The other characters you mentioned can usually be found around the front areas of the Studios. Mostly near E.T. but they do tend to wander around. Photo ops are not difficult to get and the characters enjoy meeting their fans.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #126
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
The super heroes stay in Marvel Super Hero Island. They come out throughout the day. Check the park map when you're there for times.

The other characters you mentioned can usually be found around the front areas of the Studios. Mostly near E.T. but they do tend to wander around. Photo ops are not difficult to get and the characters enjoy meeting their fans.
Thank you! Any special tips for 1st time visitors?
triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #127
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thank you! Any special tips for 1st time visitors?
Just keep your eyes open...the characters could pop up anywhere.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #128
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have never been to UO before. I love your website and pics, but is there a list anywhere that shows WHERE in UO/IoA these characters usually can be found?
It tells you where above the image:
Universal Studios, Hollywood (November 2011)
Park, Location (Date Photo was taken)

Outside of Toon Lagoon, most areas are small enough that you can just stand in the middle of it and see the characters. The areas are specified on the maps.

Unlike Disney, which has specific meeting areas off to the side in the shade with organized queues, Universal's characters are out in the middle of everything.

The only 2 characters that have "organized spaces" are Spiderman and Spongebob.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #129
slbgnb
Mouseketeer

Is there a list of which characters actually sign? Also, are there ever Madagascar characters around?

Thanks!
slbgnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #130
rabbitroger
Mouseketeer

Heres an interesting factoid i just picked up, one of the girls who plays Olive Oyl (the girl pictured below) also currently plays Claire Lynch in TNA, also being filmed at Universal Studios.

rabbitroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #131
truck1
Growing older but not up.

I knew most of the Actors/Actresses have several roles, (ie, in Beetlejuice, weve seen the characters move around from 1 show to the next.Weve seen Frankie and Wolfman swap, as well as Hip and Hop, and Bride any number of occasions.) and that some even work at multiple parks. I never would have made that connection.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #132
atlfan4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
I tried to meet ParaNorman on Wednesday and was told he is only out Thur-Sat in the late afternoons (which are when I work). It was a bummer - hopefully he'll be out more frequently as it gets closer to the movie!
Any word if he is out more often now? I gotta think those characters are an obvious one to have out during the Halloween season, right?

Thanks!
atlfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #133
AnjieNet
DIS Veteran

Went to IOA/US on 10/21 & 10/22 and met many characters and got their autographs. We saw Hogwarts Express Conductor, Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Captain America, Spiderman, Dr. Doom, Popeye, Olive Oyl, and Betty Boop at IOA (didn't make it to Suess until after the characters left for the day). At US we met Curious George, Woodie and Winnie Woodpecker, Scooby, Shaggy, The Simpsons (Bart, Homer, Marge and Lisa), Shrek and Fiona, Lucille Ball, Marilyn Monroe, Men in Black Agents, Dora, Diego, Boots, EB, Pink Berets, Phil, Carlos, Spongebob, Squidward and Patrick. Despicable Me characters were there as well but we didn't do a meet and greet though DD danced with a couple of Minions.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #134
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Christmas Characters

Does anyone know if any of the characters will be out in Holiday outfits this year. I know last year they had some out at KidZone after the Star Toons show, but was unsure if anything like this would be happening again:

Has anyone seen any characters (besides those at Seuss Landing for Grinchmas) decked out for the Holiday season yet?
meeko_33785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #135
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Im probably going 1 day this week, and if no one else gets there first, Ill look. The last time we were there on the 2nd I hadnt noticed any of the characters with Christmas clothes, but I wasnt really paying attention either.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autographs, characters

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: