Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #31
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperPrincesses View Post
Great trip report and you got to be in a parade...wow I am hoping for that pixie dust on our trip.
It's really one of those 'Once in a lifetime/ I can't believe this is happening moments' that you want to share with everyone! Hoping you get lots of pixie dust!

Day 5 Aug. 18 ~ Today is a water park day so not many photos. We decide to go to Blizzard Beach as we’d never been there before.

DS comes to conclusion that ‘he’s not quite ready’ to ride Summit Plummet, which is fine as Mom is not quite ready to ride it either. We spend a fun few hours there and head back to the camper at noon.

After lunch DS and DH go off to do a little fishing in the canal by our loop. I watch for a little bit (I left my pole at home.) but it’s really hot and I am distracted by the ducks that seem to think I am going to feed them as they waddle up to me. I go back to our cool camper and the boys return in a little while having only caught one fish. DS is pretty happy with that result though and he says he is ready to go to the Fort’s pool. Great pool and slide but the water is hot. We play for about 15 minutes and decide to go to Typhoon Lagoon.

Love TL, it’s our favorite water park. We ride everything and can play in the surf pool for ages.

Back at the Fort we decide to check out the other loops. I love the 800 loop. Shaded and there was only one camper in there so we really got to check out the sites. I think we’re going to try and get a site there next trip. We also see this:
My son loves this RV! (I’m hoping it’s okay that we took its photo Miss Disneylitch.) We go to bed early as we are going to attempt the MK rope-drop once again in the morning.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #32
kampfirekim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Michele* View Post
DS comes to conclusion that ‘he’s not quite ready’ to ride Summit Plummet, which is fine as Mom is not quite ready to ride it either. We spend a fun few hours there and head back to the camper at noon.

After lunch DS and DH go off to do a little fishing in the canal by our loop. I watch for a little bit (I left my pole at home.) but it’s really hot and I am distracted by the ducks that seem to think I am going to feed them as they waddle up to me. I go back to our cool camper and the boys return in a little while having only caught one fish. DS is pretty happy with that result though and he says he is ready to go to the Fort’s pool. Great pool and slide but the water is hot. We play for about 15 minutes and decide to go to Typhoon Lagoon.

Love TL, it’s our favorite water park. We ride everything and can play in the surf pool for ages.

Back at the Fort we decide to check out the other loops. I love the 800 loop. Shaded and there was only one camper in there so we really got to check out the sites. I think we’re going to try and get a site there next trip. We also see this:

My son loves this RV! (I’m hoping it’s okay that we took its photo Miss Disneylitch.) We go to bed early as we are going to attempt the MK rope-drop once again in the morning.
One is never ready for summit plummet. You just have to go for it!

The last time I rode was a lonnnggg time ago and I screamed the whole way down. My mom went down after me. She said that when I started screaming the CM said, "That's what happens when you don't keep your legs crossed!" ....

We checked out 800 loop too. It was a very nice loop.

Love the RV pic. I've only seen the little small version of it. Very cool!

Enjoying your TR! It really shows through that your family had a blast!

More please.
kampfirekim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #33
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekim View Post
One is never ready for summit plummet. You just have to go for it! Maybe next year. Maybe...

The last time I rode was a lonnnggg time ago and I screamed the whole way down. My mom went down after me. She said that when I started screaming the CM said, "That's what happens when you don't keep your legs crossed!" .... That would be me! And, I know how badly the bottom of my swimsuit rides up on the smaller Humunga Kowabunga at TL, I can only imagine how bad it is on SP.

We checked out 800 loop too. It was a very nice loop. I liked that it seemed so shady, but DH may want one on the canal, so we'll see.

Love the RV pic. I've only seen the little small version of it. Very cool! It was so neat to see it in person! It's a bit like seeing a celebrity.

Enjoying your TR! It really shows through that your family had a blast! Thanks! I'm trying to see when we can get back. I'm trying to convince DH that we really need APs.

More please.
I'll try to get my last entries done soon.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #34
SC DAD of 2
Fortketeer

MICHELE great TR. Nothing like great family fun at WDW and it looks like fun

was had by all. Thanks for sharing.

More please.

By the way....I Love the Fort.
SC DAD of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #35
jsmla
DIS Veteran

I'm usually just a lurker here but I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying your reports! I love your go with the flow style

Jennifer
Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #36
DaveInTN
I'm Not The Castle Guy

Great report. Awesome to be in the parade! But the puking stinks. But hey, it's Disney, so even the puking doesn't sound that bad.

Keep it coming...
DaveInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #37
LONE-STAR
1000 miles to far from Disney
We just get drift wood and use it

LONE-STAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #38
Cockburn Family
FW Forever!!!

great stuff so far...

Cockburn Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #39
DebbieT11
Waiting to go back......
Wait. Isn't that the *marines*????

Loving your TR..... and I agree about feeling like you've seen a celebrity, I've seen Shan-man by surprise, and the mouse-ke-tab and got all excited telling TheBigGuy "Honey! there's some of my imaginary friends!!"

He didn't quite get it...lol.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #40
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

Thanks eveyone for such nice comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmla View Post
I'm usually just a lurker here but I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying your reports! I love your go with the flow style
Jennifer
Thank you! It only took our family four years to figure the best way for us to 'do' Disney, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInTN
Great report. Awesome to be in the parade! But the puking stinks. But hey, it's Disney, so even the puking doesn't sound that bad.
It really wasn't too bad and DS recovered quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieT11
Loving your TR..... and I agree about feeling like you've seen a celebrity, I've seen Shan-man by surprise, and the mouse-ke-tab and got all excited telling TheBigGuy "Honey! there's some of my imaginary friends!!"
He didn't quite get it...lol.
ROFL!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #41
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

Day 6 Aug . 19 ~ We get up early and leave the camper by 7:10 thinking that we would have plenty of time to get to MK. We of course immediately drive right past the Ticket and Transportation Center turn and have to go all the way around the park. We pass Space Mountain I'm fairly sure we end up in areas we are not supposed to be in. I'm laughing and am no help to DH at all, lol! Finally make it to a parking space and walk over to the monorails just to see the huge line of people and we end up on the third train that comes by. We go through the gates of MK at 8:10. OK, rope-drop next time for sure!

DS and I have never ridden Space Mountain (I have no idea why I’ve never done so!) so we head to the ride. It’s only a ten minute wait so we get in line. Fun ride but I thought it was a bit “jerky”. From there, we head to Thunder Mountain, grab a FP and get in line. Another short wait! Take the train to Toontown and ride Barnstormer, the speedway and Buzz Lightyear. (Maybe we're just used to the crowds in June, but we were loving the lines in August!)

On the way back to TM we watch the Hall of Presidents show and visit the Haunted Mansion.

One last ride on Thunder Mountain to say goodbye to MK.

We hop in our truck to head back to our camper and our battery is dead! (Two of us in the truck knew it was going and had mentioned it would need to be replaced soon. The other person in the truck may have ignored the other two because it wasn't "dead dead", whatever that means. Men…) Thankfully, the Security Patrol was right there and we literally were on our way in under 10 minutes. We drive to the AAA center, but they don’t have our battery in stock. Off to Walmart we go! This actually turns out to be a good thing as we’re able to pick up a few affordable souvenirs there.

Finally get back to the camper, have lunch, chat with the neighbors and chill.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #42
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

In the late afternoon we decide to go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios . We go right to Star Tours

(I love this AT-AT. I will never get tired of seeing it!) and there is no one in there. Our simulator wasn’t even close to being filled. I told DH and DS they could ride it again, but I can only take that ride once due to a slight motion sickness problem. (Meaning I can only ride those kinds of rides with my head down and my eyes closed, LOL!)

We just kind of meander around, we don’t really have a “must do” this year, and then I see the Animation Courtyard. We’ve never been in there so we go to check it out. We just miss the start of the tour but a CM waves us over and says Rafiki from Lion King is all alone and would DS keep him company.

DS has a blast with Rafiki and they play until the elevator near him opens and a bunch of people exit. We’re not interested in the character lines until I see Lotso (Lots-O'-Huggin' Bear)! I love Lotso! (I know he’s mean, but I can’t help it! He’s pink and smells like strawberries!) I force DH and DS to stand in line with me so I can hug and smell him. (Even the character smelled like strawberries!)

Animation Courtyard seems like a really neat place and I definitely want to make the effort to explore more of it on our next trip.

We watch the Muppet film and, as we have the munchies, split a pizza meal at Pizza Planet.

The boys play a few games and we walk over to the American Idol Experience. We’ve never done this either and it was actually better than I thought it would be. A nice place to cool off and be entertained.

DH wants to ride Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, and on the way there I debate on going to Fantasmic. I hear the CM say there is standing room only at 7:50pm for the 9:00pm show, so we decide against it, lol. DS had no desire to ride RnRC so DH hops in the single rider line and DS and I find a great seat on a bench in front of Sweet Spells where we have a good time people watching and playing ‘I Spy’. (And, after watching Tower or Terror, deciding that we probably will never, never ride it!)

One more day and our trip comes to an end.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #43
kampfirekim
DIS Veteran

More great stuff. Really enjoying following along!!!!
kampfirekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #44
*Michele*
Mouseketeer

Day 7 Aug . 20 ~ Our last full day at Disney. We had asked DS if there was anything he wanted to do that we had missed. He mentioned ‘Soarin’ so Epcot it is! We arrive there shortly after opening and follow the mass of people to the ride. Even with what looked like tons of people in line we decide to risk waiting as the time posted said 20 minutes. It was a good risk because we were on the ride within 15.

Head to The Land that has no wait at all, we have a “private” boat. I love The Land, I find it so interesting. On a future trip I definitely want to do the Behind the Seeds Tour. Leaving the pavilion, we go to the Nemo ride (love the silly seagulls, they will always make me laugh)

and then on our way to the exit, ride Spaceship Earth.

Just as we’re about to leave we see a huge line for a character (I think it was Daisy Duck, I can’t seem to remember right now, lol) and no line for Stitch. We walk right up to him for hugs, photos and an autograph. A lovely way to say goodbye to Epcot and the parks!

At the camper we start cleaning and packing up a bit. We are not towing our camper back to Savannah as we are allowing friends of ours to use it the next week when they are at Disney. (Our friends were going to tow their RV from Minnesota, so we offered ours up to them to make their trip easier.)

After lunch we visit Downtown Disney so I can pick up some ‘Disney Family’ decals for our camper. Check out a few shops (This is the Harley store)

and then let DS play at the Lego store for a while. Every year love seeing what sort of new Lego creations the store has displayed! This year we see Woody!

It’s super hot today and for some reason DTD is quite crowded, so we go back to the Fort to relax, play with our dog and do a little laundry. We end our day with one last visit to the campfire.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #45
jsmla
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=*Michele*;38096050]

I love this picture!

Jennifer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: