Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Pastamom
DIS Veteran

Best Product to keep free of Blisters!

We just got back from the world. I am always getting blisters from just about any shoes that I wear all day. I tried Friction Block by Band Aid - found it by the bandaids for about $4. I put it on in the morning and had no blisters the entire trip. I also carried it with me and used it on a few sore spots in the parks.

If only I could find something to eliminate my sore feet
Pop Century 2005; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007; Disney Wonder 2008; All-Star Sports 2009; Disney Wonder DD 2010; PO Riverside 2011;Coronado Springs 2012; Disney Dream 2012; Art of Animation 2013; Dolphin 2013
Pastamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer

Great idea!! I will try this. One thing I have tried for tired feet Is 'Shea it isn't So" foot cream, it is at Bath & Body Works and it has eucalyptus mint in it and makes my feet feel so good! I put it on when I go to bed and wake up and my feet feel great! Try it and if you don't like it they have a 100% guarantee just take it back for a full refund!

I Believe In Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

I'll have to look for that, we always buy Body Glide and it is $8 a stick, but Dh uses it on the inside of his legs where his jean shorts rub, not his feet. Do you think it would work for that?

Suzanne
Old 03-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Maybelle
I rode my inch worm down the street

Bodyglide and moleskin are a must, especially during the summer!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
shortbun
Peacenik

I very lightly spray antipersperant on my feet and carry a change of socks so I always have dry feet. I get a pedicure before so no nails rub toes. I carry moleskin circles with me and neosporin. I make sure I clean and dry them morning and night. I have very tender feet and to be blister free one must be diligent.

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
casjen
DIS Veteran

I LOVE moleskin. I carry it into the parks with tiny manicure scissors (security has been o.k. with it). If anyone feels a hot spot on thier feet we stick it on and stop the blister. It is so thin and smooth and rarely peels off.
casjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

dr scholl's has moleskin in a dispenser now that cuts itself to your length. I carry it everywhere i travel.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
maux
Mouseketeer

I use Bodyglide on my feet and the BandAid Blister band aides on my baby toes (I have oddly shaped toes). Happy to say I've been blister free for the past 6 years. Heard about both here on the Dis boards!

maux
maux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #9
dyna
DIS Veteran

Monistat smoothing gel is GREAT stuff an much cheaper than the body glide. Odorless, colorless can be used any where on body for chafing an blisters by both sexes.

I use the monistat smoothing gel all over my feet between toes bottoms top love this stuff. It lasts all day even in the hottest weather in July an Aug unless I go swimming then I reapply. Use on the insides of my legs in case the pants start rubbing me raw.

It also makes a great primer under foundation much cheaper than primer for under foundation. The foundation goes on much lighter an smoother.

The smoothing gel drys to a slick powder feel. It is not often I find a poduct that I brag on but this is 1 that I really like.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #10
luckyfin
Coming out of hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I'll have to look for that, we always buy Body Glide and it is $8 a stick, but Dh uses it on the inside of his legs where his jean shorts rub, not his feet. Do you think it would work for that?

Suzanne
It will also work for that area, which I affectionately refer to as where I get chub rub when its super hot.
POR 2011 DD's 1st Trip Pop 2012 POFQ 2013 Offsite 2014 POR 2015
luckyfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #11
Pastamom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna View Post
Monistat smoothing gel is GREAT stuff an much cheaper than the body glide. Odorless, colorless can be used any where on body for chafing an blisters by both sexes.

I use the monistat smoothing gel all over my feet between toes bottoms top love this stuff. It lasts all day even in the hottest weather in July an Aug unless I go swimming then I reapply. Use on the insides of my legs in case the pants start rubbing me raw.

It also makes a great primer under foundation much cheaper than primer for under foundation. The foundation goes on much lighter an smoother.

The smoothing gel drys to a slick powder feel. It is not often I find a poduct that I brag on but this is 1 that I really like.
I use it on my face too - never thought of it for my feet - my toes were feeling a bit "sticky" at the end of the day.

Maybe we should call it the "miracle" cream!
Pop Century 2005; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007; Disney Wonder 2008; All-Star Sports 2009; Disney Wonder DD 2010; PO Riverside 2011;Coronado Springs 2012; Disney Dream 2012; Art of Animation 2013; Dolphin 2013
Pastamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #12
mafibisha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casjen View Post
I LOVE moleskin. I carry it into the parks with tiny manicure scissors (security has been o.k. with it). If anyone feels a hot spot on thier feet we stick it on and stop the blister. It is so thin and smooth and rarely peels off.
I've used BodyGlide but moleskin sounds interesting! Can you explain exactly how it works, please?

we Disney:

DH Me

and our fur baby

Thank You, maggiew!
mafibisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #13
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

moleskin is a very light soft flannel type of bandage that is sticky on one side. It stays on really great, it comes in squares ( not sure exact measurement but approx. 4X4). You cut it to the desired size or shape. Unlike bandaids or gauze that might move, slide or bunch up, moleskin doesn't even when wet. It doen't hurt when you take it off.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CHsQ8wIwAA
Old 03-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
Disney_Freak56
DIS Veteran

I use stick antiperspirant deodorant and rub it all over my feet, bottoms, tops, in between toes, etc. Then I use sport socks, they have an extra cushion. Have never had any more blisters since I started this routine. I buy cheap deodorants like Suave, etc.

Have never tried Body Glide -- others swear by it. Have never liked moleskin. But that's just me.

Disney_Freak56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #15
cjdj4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastamom View Post
We just got back from the world. I am always getting blisters from just about any shoes that I wear all day. I tried Friction Block by Band Aid - found it by the bandaids for about $4. I put it on in the morning and had no blisters the entire trip. I also carried it with me and used it on a few sore spots in the parks.

If only I could find something to eliminate my sore feet
Friction Block is awesome
2010 April - All Star Music, July - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, December - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
2011 February - All Star Sports for Princess Half Marathon, April - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, September - Corando Springs, November - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 March - Summer Bay, July - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
2013 July - Grand Cypress
2014 July- Wyndham Bonnet Creek
cjdj4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: