Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #76
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

Yum! Love the pictures! I am drooling all over my keyboard!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #77
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Beautiful family, awesome reviews and amazing pictures!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #78
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
Absolutley loving your review. Your Artists Point meal looks fabulous I'm trying to make up my mind betweeen a few signature restaurants and that's one of them. Your review on Sci FI sold me I want those onion rings.
Thank you so much! AP is great - we've had lovely meals there. Sci-Fi is loads of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeesknees View Post
Yum! Love the pictures! I am drooling all over my keyboard!
I do that quite a lot! I want to lick the screen sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Beautiful family, awesome reviews and amazing pictures!
Awwww! Thank you! I have read all your reviews and really enjoyed them.
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #79
DjdBrit
DIS Veteran

Subing

Hi from an Ex pat living in the US, can't wait to read more.

Beach Club 2014, Yacht Club 2012, 2011, Animal Kingdom Villas 2010
Saratoga Springs 2009, 2008, Off site 1993
DjdBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #80
mcrabeck
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your trip report- Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Next Trips:
Halloween Trip WDW -Oct 2013
Spring Break-April 2014

mcrabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #81
MamaPotts
Mouseketeer

I kept an eye (and an ear) out for you and your family our entire time at OKW and didn't see you once! What's up with that? Just not fair!

Thanks for your lovely dining reports... we ended up cancelling lots of our ADRs (we weren't on the dining plan) because it was just so hot and large meals were just not on my list of things to do. Glad you were up to the challenge though... I'll just live vicariously through you.

MamaPotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 AM   #82
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I'm loving your report! Getting lots of great ideas for our late 2011 trip!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #83
ellie0311
Mouseketeer

Great report so far!!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #84
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

Really enjoying your reviews..a little too much maybe as its making me rethink all my ADRs Looking forward to more

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:15 PM   #85
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjdBrit View Post
Subing

Hi from an Ex pat living in the US, can't wait to read more.
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to read - lots more good food coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrabeck View Post
Really enjoying your trip report- Looks like you had a fabulous time!
We really did have a brilliant time - partly thanks to the food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaPotts View Post
I kept an eye (and an ear) out for you and your family our entire time at OKW and didn't see you once! What's up with that? Just not fair!

Thanks for your lovely dining reports... we ended up cancelling lots of our ADRs (we weren't on the dining plan) because it was just so hot and large meals were just not on my list of things to do. Glad you were up to the challenge though... I'll just live vicariously through you.
I know! I was sad not to bump into anyone I 'know'! It was really hot wasn't it? Everyone we spoke to said it was unusual even by Florida standards. I was really pleased that us brits coped so well with it - we certainly aren't used to it!xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
I'm loving your report! Getting lots of great ideas for our late 2011 trip!
Thanks! I read so many food reports before I went. It really does help to get an idea of what's out there and what you like the look of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie0311 View Post
Great report so far!!
Thanks Ellie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz13 View Post
Really enjoying your reviews..a little too much maybe as its making me rethink all my ADRs Looking forward to more
Choosing ADRs is soooo hard! You don't want to miss anything great but it's hard to fit everything in. Thanks for reading!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #86
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Monday 16th August - shopping day!

Today was our shopping trip to Florida Mall. To fortify us for the task ahead we had booked an ADR at Olivia's for breakfast.

It was quiet in there and we were seated once more in a booth (ooh, I love booths!)

We all tried different things - Sarah had the pancakes with bacon and maple syrup - this came with three huge pancakes that filled her plate! Kate had a cheese and ham omelette breakfast and Simon had the full Olivia's breakfast. I only took one picture and that was of my breakfast - the poached eggs with hollandaise over sweet potato hash with a buttermilk biscuits:

The eggs and the hollandaise were delicious and I'm seriously addicted to buttermilk biscuits (we don't get them over here) but I wasn't too keen on the sweet potato hash. There wasn't anything wrong with it but it just wasn't to my taste for breakfast.

But we really enjoyed this breakfast and it set us up for the day! We decided to pay OOP for it as we realised that breakfasts aren't always a good use of a DDP table credit.

It cost $63.06 including tip.

Crumble rating: 6 out of 10

Then it was on with the shopping adventures!

In previous years, we'd stopped for lunch in the Florida Mall food court. Sarah had always enjoyed going to Chick-Fil-A for a milkshake and some waffle fries. Remember this?:

Quelle horreur! We got to the food court only to find that Chick-Fil-A was no more! And in it's place was the decidedly less appealing 'Chicken Now'

Simon and I had something to eat from there (it really wasn't worth writing about - you know when cheap food actually tastes cheap? Yuk.) but Sarah wouldn't be unfaithful and went for a sandwich somewhere else.

To cheer myself up, I later bought myself a Bailey's haagan daz milk shake which was all creamy and delicious!

I also stocked up on lots of hersheys chocolates to enjoy later - yummy!

After exhausting ourselves shopping, we went back to OKW to prepare for evening ADR at Sanaa.

I was really looking forward to this meal (yes, I know I say that about most meals!) - we'd heard some exciting things about this new restaurant. It was also a chance to have a nosy around Kidani Village - which was totally beautiful!:

It was a lot quieter than Jambo House and had a lovely atmosphere to it. We went down to the restaurant to check in - early again! We were seated almost immediately. The CMs at this restaurant were all amazing polite and friendly.

Our server was called Mary - Mary rocked. She was informative and friendly - yet never intrusive. She looked after us so well that we wanted to take her home with us (I wanted to take most of the Sanaa staff home with us - they were all brilliant.)

We were seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant, which I don't normally like. But it didn't feel cramped or crowded or in the middle of the thoroughfare. And we could still see out into the savannah.

Apologies in advance about the photo quality as the restaurant was quite dimly lit - but the tables were well lit so you could see your food perfectly.

Mary recommended the bread service - I told her I had heard about it and we were keen to try it. We chose naan, paratha and paneer paratha along with cucumber raita, coriander chutney and mango chutney (sorry - they were gobbled up before I could even reach for the camera!)

The breads were delicious and it was nice to have small tastes of different things. The dips were good too and Mary left them so we could have them with our main courses - fantastic!

I needed to up my cocktail quota so I ordered a Kande coconut cooler - this drink was simply outstanding! I loved it so much it was probably my favourite drink of the holiday:

Kate's mango lassi smoothie is on the left. Simon had a Tusker beer and Sarah stuck to sprite.

For main course, both Simon and Kate got the tandoori chicken:

I had the tandoori shrimp:

These portions look quite small but they weren't. The dishes were beautifully flavoured and all our plates were cleaned.

Sarah, bless her, struggles with food that is at all spicy. She chose from the vegetarian sampler:

I think this was the stir fried green beans and the lentils. I think it was a bit spicy for her but she made an effort with it.

During dessert, Simon and I decided to try some of the pressed pot coffee - now this was amazing, rich coffee. And all the better when we realised that it didn't cost us anything - Mary put it down as our DDP non-alcoholic drink. It was a huge pot of coffee too!

Sarah has recently started drinking tea and she decided to try a pot of the vanilla rooibos tea which she really enjoyed. This was also 'free'.

Kate and I had the dessert sampler:

Left to right - chocolate cake, chai cream and kulfi. Each of these little desserts were gorgeous!

Simon had the chocolate cake by itself:

And Sarah had the mango pudding:

Here are a couple of pictures of us enjoying the evening:

On the DDP this meal cost us $62.74 - this includes the tip, bread service, my cocktail and Simon's two beers.

I'm having to check the bill twice - $62.74 for a simply amazing meal in a wonderful restaurant.

Crumble rating: 9 out of 10

We all loved it here and it is definitely top of our must do list now. Even the bathrooms are amazing.

Some of the signature restaurants need to sit up and take notice of Sanaa. We had a brilliant meal. For the first time ever we plucked up courage to mention how great Mary had been - and they had us fill in a little slip to make note of it.

My final thoughts on this evening - GO. TO. SANAA.

Ok?

Old 09-08-2010, 04:30 AM   #87
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Oh Sanaa does look good!

I LOVE chick fil a myself.. Great now I want Chick File A at 530 in the morning! LOL
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #88
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Oh Sanaa does look good!

I LOVE chick fil a myself.. Great now I want Chick File A at 530 in the morning! LOL
Sanaa was amazing! I want to go back right now!

We really missed Chick-Fil-A!!

Thanks for reading!
Old 09-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #89
Krissalee
DIS Veteran

I have really been enjoying your reviews. I keep thinking about Saana, but then always change my mind. Your review has moved it to the top of the list for me!
Past Trips: 10/13 BWV (15th Anniversary) 9/13 BWV (Krissy's first solo trip), 11/12 OKW, 10/11 BWV (13th Anniversary), 2/11 SSR (Mom & Dad's 40th Anniversary) , 10/10 SSR (12th Anniversary), 1/10 BWV, 3/09 BWV, 10/08 SSR (10th Anniversary), 10/07 BCV/SSR (9th Anniversary), 10/06 BWV (8th Anniversary), 10/05 BWV (7th Anniversary & Hurricane Wilma), 10/03 BWV (5th Anniversary), 12/02 AKL/YC (my 30th birthday), 3/02 ASM, 10/01 WL (3rd Anniversary), 1999 CBR (Craig's first trip), childhood trips late 70s/early 80s
Krissalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #90
ChristyWI
Earning My Ears

Great report so far, thanks!
ChristyWI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: