Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #46
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfanatic316 View Post
That lamb wrap looks delicious, and I've never even had lamb! Maybe I'll have to give that a try in Nov! Keep the reviews coming!
I don't tend to eat lamb and I was going to get the chicken wrap - but I was soo glad I did. I'm craving it right now. I forgot to say how nice the staff were at Tangierine Cafe. They were getting some stick from two women in front of me but managed to keep their cool - they were very pleasant when I got to the till and apologised for my wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw View Post
Subbing. I'm looking forward to seeing you and your family eat your way through WDW :D
We ate so much food! We were almost defeated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeesknees View Post
Yum! We've never done Goofy's, but after seeing your creation, I think I am persuaded to give it a try. Looking forward to your Sci-Fi review - I have a reservation there for our next trip, and it will be a first for us.
I really enjoyed watching the server make them. She took the pretzel rods and dipped them in the milk chocolate. Straight away then she plunged them into the various toppings and kind of left them hidden in there for several minutes. She wandered off to start someone else's order - I was quite panicked - would she be able to find my pretzel rods again?? Of course she did, and then drizzled the dark chocolate over them before putting into the fridge to set. It was agonising to wait for them! But well worth it. I believe they had some ready made snacks at the counter but I enjoyed the fun of designing my own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgof View Post
Yummm...that salad at WPE looks delish! what's in it? I love WPE we always stop there at least once a trip.
It was rather tasty - apparently it had in it: fresh asian vegetables, sliced, pan roasted chicken breast, crispy wontons, and a honey mustard dressing. I believe mine also had cashew nuts on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
love love love goofys candy co. I either get the pretzels or the marshmallows -yum. That lamb wrap at tangeriene looks great. I love gyros but have picky eaters in my group so we haven't gone there yet. May have to send those picky eaters over to the american pavillion while i eat there! Love wpe too - i always have a hard time deciding between earl and wpe when we go to dtd.
That sounds like a good plan - I really wanted to go back to Tangierine cafe but we never got the chance.

We didn't get to EoS this time! We really missed those delicious sandwiches!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #47
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

You're reviews and pics are fantastic ! I'm enjoying it so much and can't wait to read more. You're girls are just adorable...it looks like you had alot of fun on your trip!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #48
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
You're reviews and pics are fantastic ! I'm enjoying it so much and can't wait to read more. You're girls are just adorable...it looks like you had alot of fun on your trip!!
Thank you so much! We did have a great time - we feel very sad to be back home!

I've started back at work so I haven't done an update today but I'll do my best to get cracking tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for reading and your kind comments
Old 09-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #49
jess20k
DIS Veteran

I am so loving your reviews and pics! Thanks so much for sharing them. I can't wait to read more!

jess20k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #50
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess20k View Post
I am so loving your reviews and pics! Thanks so much for sharing them. I can't wait to read more!
Thank you! Hopefully another review will be coming right up!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #51
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Saturday 14th August

We had a little lie in today and breakfast at the villa. At noon we all caught the bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Today was the day of the Last Tour to Endor Star Wars Party (Simon obviously hadn't had enough Star Wars excitement yesterday!)

To fortify us for the coming party we had a lunch ADR at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. We ate there in 2008 and really enjoyed it so we were looking forward to going again.

We checked in (it was quiet in the small foyer) and got seated almost immediately. We were in a six seater car and we had a couple of hitchhikers. We tried to make them welcome but they kept themselves to themselves so we left them alone.

Our server was Marsha - who thoroughly approved of my selection of the Marsha's Martian cocktail! She told me it was named after her but I'm not so sure.

Sarah and Kate were in the front seat:

Whilst Simon and I cosied up in the back:

Marsha was a great server - she was really chatty and interested in finding out about us and she was also very helpful and efficient.

We got some lovely, crispy onion rings to start:

These were soooo good and gone very quickly! Marsha offered to bring us some more but we wanted to save room for the rest of our food.

Simon and Kate had the cheeseburger:

And Sarah had a turkey sandwich - no pic, sorry!

I decided to try something light - so I went for the beef and blue salad. A wedge of iceberg lettuce with bacon bits, tomatoes, blue cheese dressing, with slices of beef. And these were not little delicate slices of beef - oh, no! These were humungous wedges of meat! This salad was very tasty - I love blue cheese sauce and the beef was quite tender. The wedge of iceberg could be a bit awkward to tackle and the bacon bits were a bit hard on my poor old teeth. But overall, I enjoyed this dish and it was quite tasty:

The hunks of meat are hidden by the lettuce!

We were getting full as we enjoyed watching the old B-movie trailers and commercials (such fun and very relaxing after a hot day in the park!) but we decided we had to try and eat some dessert. Sarah and I had the peanut butter chocolate cake:

This was delicious - the lovely peanut butter frosting and the melting centre alongside the crunchy topping and the creamy ice cream - very nice!

Simon had the apple crumble (makes a change from something chocolatey!) and he said it was delicious:

Kate had a sundae and I didn't hear any complaints from her!

As I mentioned before, I had a Marsha's Martian cocktail (mmmm...Baileys!) and Simon had an oreo alcoholic cocktail. Both came with a flashing glow cube (haven't you worked out by now what big kids we both are??) I loved the fact that because we paid OOP for our alcoholic drinks that Marsha gave us a bottle of water each as part of the DDP - 'It's very hot out there today!'

I can't find the receipt saying what it would have cost us, but on the DDP plan it cost us $54-27 for the onion rings, two cocktails and the tip.

We really enjoyed this restaurant once more. The food is good and the atmosphere is brilliant. Having a good server made it even better.

I love the way they give you the bill with the words 'parking violation' stamped on it. Sarah and Kate were very pleased with their driving licenses too!

Crumble rating: 7 out of 10

After lots of fun in DHS (including an impulsive trip on Tower of Terror for me!) the Star Wars party started to get going. We were given wristbands and the general public were shepherded out.

Outside the ToT what was this I saw? A Star Wars cocktail stand? Yes please! They were serving Podracer Punch and Lightsaber something so we got one of each to try:

They were very refreshing and icy but very large! No wonder my legs began to feel a bit wobbly (actually I blame ToT!)

This cocktail kept us going through all the Star Wars fun and games until quite late in the evening (the party went on till 1am) we decided we were peckish.

We headed to Backlot Express for some quick comfort food. We were not disappointed. It was fairly quiet in there and it was nice to have a sit down. Although it was strange to eat surrounded by storm troopers and Luke Skywalkers.

I was too tired to take pictures at this point I'm afraid. We shared some nuggets and Simon had a cheeseburger. We also shared a cheesecake and a parfait. I had a nice cup of hot tea to try and revive me. Good, basic counter service food.

Coming up: Sunshine Seasons and our first signature restaurant - hit or miss?

Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #52
merrymouse1
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=mamaboogie;38015098][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Indigo"

Thanks to the free dining we paid $75 - 31 for the Lapu Lapu, a beer for Simon, the sticky wings, the pot stickers and the tip.

Thank you merry mouse! CHH is a very nice counter service option - it's a bit more civilised than some of the others can be. The Lapu Lapu was $13 dollars - and worth every cent! One of my goals this trip was to try as many cocktails as I could. I did pretty well

Im such a goof....I saw how you put your prices $75-31 meaning $75.31 and I took that as $31 for one drink! Don't mind me...I've been a little slow on the uptake lately Still loving the report Thanks!
merrymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #53
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the reivews! Isnt WGPE great?

Will be at Sci Fi soon ate there in 2003 and loved the atmosphere taking DH he hasnt been but loves Reubens and well Sci Fi! LOL

Cant wait for more!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #54
kimgof
DIS Veteran

My family loves Sci Fi....it was voted a must do for our next trip.

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:18 AM   #55
Bookstamper
Mouseketeer

Great dining reviews, I've really enjoyed your report so far! Glad you had a great time at Sci Fi - that's a must-do restaurant for us - I just love the movie roll: attack of the 50 ft woman cracks me up every time! Looking forward to reading more!

From England to Endor via WDW - 2010 TR
Bookstamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #56
CatLeah1917
Earning My Ears

Next please!!! As we have no booking for WDW (we're hoping to go back within the next 18months...) I am living procariously through this trip xxx
CatLeah1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #57
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Yum! I can't wait to have one of those Sci-Fi burgers.

Did you notice if they still had the melon salad as on option instead of fries? I've noticed it is missing on some of the online menus, and I love that stuff.

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #58
PChef
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying your reports, thanks for sharing!

Beach Club/HRH/Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010
HRH/OKW August 2014

PChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #59
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Orbiting Oreos! Mmmm mmmm good!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #60
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=merrymouse1;38072472]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Indigo"

Thanks to the free dining we paid $75 - 31 for the Lapu Lapu, a beer for Simon, the sticky wings, the pot stickers and the tip.

Thank you merry mouse! CHH is a very nice counter service option - it's a bit more civilised than some of the others can be. The Lapu Lapu was $13 dollars - and worth every cent! One of my goals this trip was to try as many cocktails as I could. I did pretty well

Im such a goof....I saw how you put your prices $75-31 meaning $75.31 and I took that as $31 for one drink! Don't mind me...I've been a little slow on the uptake lately Still loving the report Thanks!
No - I realised that I didn't make it clear enough! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Enjoying the reivews! Isnt WGPE great?

Will be at Sci Fi soon ate there in 2003 and loved the atmosphere taking DH he hasnt been but loves Reubens and well Sci Fi! LOL

Cant wait for more!
More coming up as soon as I recover from my first week back at work!

I was sad we didn't get back to WGPE - it really is a nice CS option. I said to Simon if we were ever on the CS dining plan that I would go to Downtown Disney lots to eat there! Lots of choice.

Sci fi is good fun. I think it's becoming a bit of a 'must do' with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgof View Post
My family loves Sci Fi....it was voted a must do for our next trip.
Yay! A really good, fun family meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstamper View Post
Great dining reviews, I've really enjoyed your report so far! Glad you had a great time at Sci Fi - that's a must-do restaurant for us - I just love the movie roll: attack of the 50 ft woman cracks me up every time! Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you! I've just read and really enjoyed your trip report! Lots of Star Warsy goodness!

Sarah and Kate's favourite was 'The Amazing Colossal Man' especially the line 'I don't want to grow anymore!' - that became our holiday catchphrase and I'm thinking of using it for my TR title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatLeah1917 View Post
Next please!!! As we have no booking for WDW (we're hoping to go back within the next 18months...) I am living procariously through this trip xxx
Don't worry Cat - we've got lots of juicy details for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Yum! I can't wait to have one of those Sci-Fi burgers.

Did you notice if they still had the melon salad as on option instead of fries? I've noticed it is missing on some of the online menus, and I love that stuff.
Simon and Kate really love those Sci fi burgers. I didn't notice the melon salad but that doesn't mean it wasn't there! Melon is one of the few things I don't eat so I might have tuned out to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PChef View Post
I'm enjoying your reports, thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Orbiting Oreos! Mmmm mmmm good!
Yes, Simon really enjoyed it. They know how to do good cocktails at Sci fi!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: