Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #16
weswife
DIS Veteran

Looks good too! I love the drink! I will have to try that next trip!!!!! We always go to the Poly for breakfast but we will try it for dinner next trip! Great pics. too!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #17
merrymouse1
Mouseketeer

I've never tried CHH but it looked decent and I already have an ADR for dinner at the Kona Cafe and your review got me super psyched! Everything looked yummy but $31 for a drink is a bit steep Can't wait for more of your report its great
merrymouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #18
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

So glad to read another good review of the tuna oscar. I am dying to try it!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
DLo
DIS Veteran

great start. we like chh bt love kona cafe. this year we are trying o'hana for a change - hope it will be as good. looking forward to more!
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #20
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

count me in please!

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #21
raniroo
If you look like your passport photo you need the holiday!

I am in....your desription of the meals are awesome.....I am heading there in a few weeks and staying at OKW (I was upgraded!) and so looking forward to it....

Raniroo's Magical First Disney Paris Trip
Raniroo's solo dining review with a bottle of antacid - Pretrip Raniroo's solo dining review with a bottle of Antacid
Raniroo's Solo Disneyland Trip 2013
Game: Guess the Dish and Restaurant?
raniroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:02 AM   #22
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Shari, loved your reviews of CHH and Kona. We love CHH and haven't been the last two years but plan to be there in 20 days. We've never done Kona, but your pictures look awesome and I love me some pot stickers. I think we'll have to add Kona on our next trip (we're trying their breakfast for the first time this trip). Looking forward to your review of Yak & Yeti (I won't tell you our thoughts...yet).
Thank you! Yes, we would like to try Kona breakfast in the future (if that ever happens...sob!) we went back to Ohana breakfast this trip - a review of that coming up soon. Those pot stickers were heavenly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
Looks good too! I love the drink! I will have to try that next trip!!!!! We always go to the Poly for breakfast but we will try it for dinner next trip! Great pics. too!
Yes - this was our first Poly dinner and we weren't disappointed. I think you can always hear differing opinions on the WDW restaurants but sometimes you've just got to give it a go and make up your own mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymouse1 View Post
I've never tried CHH but it looked decent and I already have an ADR for dinner at the Kona Cafe and your review got me super psyched! Everything looked yummy but $31 for a drink is a bit steep Can't wait for more of your report its great
Thank you merry mouse! CHH is a very nice counter service option - it's a bit more civilised than some of the others can be. The Lapu Lapu was $13 dollars - and worth every cent! One of my goals this trip was to try as many cocktails as I could. I did pretty well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
So glad to read another good review of the tuna oscar. I am dying to try it!
I wasn't disappointed -it was great! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLo View Post
great start. we like chh bt love kona cafe. this year we are trying o'hana for a change - hope it will be as good. looking forward to more!
Yes, we couldn't decide between Ohana and Kona - we plumped for Kona but I bet we would have enjoyed Ohana too. We just love the Poly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
count me in please!
Certainly gardengirl - you are most welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniroo View Post
I am in....your desription of the meals are awesome.....I am heading there in a few weeks and staying at OKW (I was upgraded!) and so looking forward to it....
I am jealous - we loved OKW and are missing it like mad! Thank you for reading!

I'd better get on with some school work now - but I hope to post another update later tonight!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #23
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

thanks for a wonderfu update.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #24
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

Yay! Your back! I remember your awesome reviews from a couple years ago and it looks like you're off to a great start with this one. Thanks for sharing

butiflfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:57 PM   #25
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

I'm here - better late than never!
Looking forward to hearing more, just 25 days for us now!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #26
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
thanks for a wonderfu update.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Yay! Your back! I remember your awesome reviews from a couple years ago and it looks like you're off to a great start with this one. Thanks for sharing
Awww! How kind! It's great to relive all those delicious meals with like-minded people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
I'm here - better late than never!
Looking forward to hearing more, just 25 days for us now!
Hey Meryll!

We saw some hallowe'en stuff in the shops on the last day - 25 days! How exciting!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #27
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Thursday 12th August - Animal Kingdom

For lunch today we had an ADR at Yak and Yeti. We'd tried the counter service last time and we fancied having a meal at the table service equivalent.

We'd heard some good reports of this place and we were intrigued to try it for ourselves.

It was a particularly hot day so we were glad to shelter in this cool restaurant - which is beautifully themed.

We soon all got refreshing drinks:

I decided to have iced tea instead of continuing my quest for cocktails - it was a bit too hot outside to drink too much alcohol. But I do regret not trying a Yak Attack.

Trisha was our server and she was really perky and chatty. She was very helpful and could not do enough for us.

We decided not to have starters and went straight for the main courses. Simon tried the steak and shrimp:

He really enjoyed this - I tried a bit of the steak and it was delicious.

Kate had been eyeing up the Mahi Mahi and she was not disappointed:

She hoovered this up - it was an enormous piece of fish and she loved it.

Sarah went for the crispy honey chicken:

This was just Sarah's perfect type of food. I tried a piece of chicken and the honey sauce was lovely.

I was tempted by the steak and shrimp but I decided to be impulsive and try the maple tamarind chicken:

I did not regret it! This was wonderful - the chicken was very moist and the flavours were delicate. I also loved the rice it came with.

Sarah was too full for dessert, Kate had the chocolate cake and Simon had the sorbet which was very light and refreshing after a big main course!

There was only one thing I wanted to try - and Trisha also recommended them - the fried wontons!

You know when you read about something so much, and so many people say how wonderful something is and that you must try it? And then you go and try it and it's a disappointment?

Well........this was not the case at all! These were AMAZING! Probably my favourite dessert of the whole holiday. They were just heavenly. I particularly loved the vanilla honey drizzle, the wontons were deliciously crisp and the fried cheese went perfectly with the drizzle. Add to that lovely fresh strawberries and delicious, creamy ice cream. I was sold!

Seriously, we all really enjoyed our meal at the Yak n Yeti. The food was delicious and the service was great. We would definitely go back.

Without the dining plan it would have cost: $143-49

We paid $28-49 - for one of our drinks and the tip.

Crumble rating - 7 out of 10

That evening we went back to MK and ended up eating in Pecos Bill's for the first time. I tried a taco salad which I enjoyed, Simon and Kate had burgers and Sarah had a chicken caesar salad. The food was good but it was very busy in there and we were feeling quite tired after a busy day.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #28
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Oops! Forgot to post this pic of Kate with her fortune cookie, which we all recieved at Yak n Yeti:

Old 08-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #29
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Great start!

I started reading ..stopped in my tracks when I saw an english breakfast and scrolled back up to see you were english.

We're flying from Manchester to OKW in October. Currently debating Olivia's or CS for the first night.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #30
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Great start!

I started reading ..stopped in my tracks when I saw an english breakfast and scrolled back up to see you were english.

We're flying from Manchester to OKW in October. Currently debating Olivia's or CS for the first night.
Ha ha! Yes - definitely English! That breakfast at Manchester airport was really good.

Olivia's was really good for the first night - gave us chance to catch our breath. I never tried the CS at OKW but Simon did and said it was good.

We loved OKW!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: