Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #151
Granfan
DIS Veteran

Thank you for such a great review!! So helpful as I'm going to several of those next week and really needed the detailed information.
Granfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:51 AM   #152
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granfan View Post
Thank you for such a great review!! So helpful as I'm going to several of those next week and really needed the detailed information.
It's great reading reviews of places you're going to - isn't it? I remember being addicted to food reviews before I went. You can pick up lots of tips and hints by reading them. Also - you can see all the delicious food so you can decide what you like the look of!

Thanks for reading!
mamaboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #153
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Sunday 22nd August

Today we went back to Hollywood Studios. For a little snackette we went to Starring Rolls Cafe - we had never been there before and I wish we had discovered this place earlier! I'm afraid I only have one picture:

The chocolate peanut butter cupcake. This was totally yummy and great value at one snack credit. The others got various cookies and drinks - the receipt says a Napoleon and a Strawberry parfait. I had a coffee with my cupcake. I'd love to go back here and try some more of the delicious menu.

The weather turned quite stormy later in the day so we decided to check in early for our ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe:

Big mistake. It was sooooo busy in there, we didn't have anywhere to sit in the bar/lounge. We ended up waiting 40 minutes past our ADR time - not good! But at least it was dry in there - there was an incredible downpour outside.

Luckily, once we were called through from the chaos of the bar, things were very much improved.

We were seated at a nice table with a TV right next to it:

Sabrina was our server and she was such good fun. She made us say hi to people at the nearby tables. There were groups from Ontario and Michigan and the atmosphere was good.

I decided that after such a long wait I deserved a cocktail:

A magical star cocktail - very nice and refreshing! We enjoyed watching all the old TV clips as we waited for our main courses.

Simon and Kate both had the fried chicken:

Sarah had the tuna pasta:

And I had the pot roast:

This was very tasty - the mash was smooth and the meat was very tender. I'm not sure whether it was nicer than the Liberty Tree Tavern pot roast but it was still very good.

Simon got into trouble for not eating his veggies - you can't get anything past Sabrina - look! Here comes the little aeroplane:

We decided that we just about had room for dessert. Kate and I shared the brownie sundae:

Yummy! This was great! But too big for one person. I'm glad we were sharing it.

Simon had the apple cobbler:

He really enjoyed this - it was almost worth the mouthful of sweetcorn!

Sarah had the Boston Cream Cupcake:

How gorgeous does that look?

We really enjoyed this meal, it had been worth the wait. This restaurant is a whole lot of fun and the food was tasty. I think we'd go again. And by the time we came out - the rain had stopped! Result!

The cost without the DDP would have been $137.29

We paid $40.04 for a Budweiser, my cocktail and the tip.

Crumble Rating: 7 out of 10 (would probably have been more if we hadn't had to wait so long!)

Coming up: Bubba Gumps!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #154
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

Great reviews, Shari! If your server at Narcoossee's was the same Rita that I had a year ago, I feel your pain! She was an absentee server and that's being polite!
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #155
Minnie J
Disney isn't ready for Minnie J Baby!!

Apple cobbler looks soo delicious!! Yummy!!
Old 09-27-2010, 03:48 AM   #157
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such great reviews!!!! They are brilliant and as a result of your report I've changed some of my dining plans for our trip!!

Looking forward to Bubba Gump review as that is on our current list for Universal.............

Debsx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #158
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

great reviews! Thank you so much for sharing. I could go for a cupcake right now!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #159
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntfrannie View Post
Great reviews, Shari! If your server at Narcoossee's was the same Rita that I had a year ago, I feel your pain! She was an absentee server and that's being polite!
Yes - we didn't feel the love from her! She wasn't awful - she just didn't care - which I think is a bad quality in a server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie J View Post
Apple cobbler looks soo delicious!! Yummy!!
Yes, Simon really enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oooh cupcakes and cocktails
Inspired by you Linda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs Hill View Post
Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time and trouble to write such great reviews!!!! They are brilliant and as a result of your report I've changed some of my dining plans for our trip!!

Looking forward to Bubba Gump review as that is on our current list for Universal.............

Debsx
Thanks for reading Debs - Bubba Gump coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
great reviews! Thank you so much for sharing. I could go for a cupcake right now!
Me too! Thanks so much for reading.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #160
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Monday 23rd August

Today we went back to Universal. It was very hot and very busy and we had a lot of technical problems on rides.

So we were glad when it was time for lunch and we headed to somewhere we'd been longing to try for a while - Bubba Gumps!

We were taken through to the restaurant by some very friendly servers. A lot of the restaurant was empty and they were seating everyone in one area, near the bar. The film Forrest Gump was playing - good job we like the film!

We were seated in a booth (yay!) and our server (Mary) soon came to take our order. We decided to try some onion rings and cajun shrimp to share as starters. Here are the onion rings:

Fabulous! Even with 4 of us sharing, these onion rings nearly defeated us! I don't have a picture of the cajun shrimp but it was really tasty and a bit spicy.

I carried on the cocktail tradition with a Louisiana Lemonade:

This came with a free glass which we collected later - and actually made the journey back to England in one piece!

For main course Sarah had the dumb luck coconut shrimp:

While I had Mama's fried shrimp:

Oh, my goodness! This was so tasty! And so much shrimp!

Kate had a burger - sorry, no photo.

Simon had a cajun chicken sandwich:

All the food was absolutely delicious. It was nice to have a sit down amongst the chaos of the day. Our server was very efficient. She asked us some Forrest Gump trivia questions and I think she surprised that we got them all right. We were too full for dessert!

Before we left Islands of Adventure that evening (after much Harry Potter mayhem!) we stopped at Starbucks in citywalk. It was almost empty, and it was really nice to sit down with a coffee before it was time to go back to OKW.

The total cost of Bubba Gumps was: $122.39

Crumble rating: 7 out of 10

Coming up: EPCOT and celebrating exam results at California Grill!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #161
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Okay, how can you tell, that I neglected the Food Board for quite a while?

I missed the start of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I am here now - I was only able to read Bubba Gump and Prime Time by now, but I will go back and read it all tomorrow (and maybe the day after! Two long days at school).

By the way ..........

Here's a photo of the Cajun shrimp - they do have quite a kick, but we love that kind of food!

Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #162
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Okay, how can you tell, that I neglected the Food Board for quite a while?

I missed the start of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I am here now - I was only able to read Bubba Gump and Prime Time by now, but I will go back and read it all tomorrow (and maybe the day after! Two long days at school).

By the way ..........

Here's a photo of the Cajun shrimp - they do have quite a kick, but we love that kind of food!

Thanks Karin! Oh, I want to eat that right now!

I thought about you so much at Bubba Gumps - I was going to get the dumb luck shrimp, but then Sarah wanted to order it so I went for Mama's fried shrimp - there was so much choice on the menu.

If we ever get back to WDW we would definitely go back to Bubba Gumps - we all loved it!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #163
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaboogie View Post
Thanks Karin! Oh, I want to eat that right now!

I thought about you so much at Bubba Gumps - I was going to get the dumb luck shrimp, but then Sarah wanted to order it so I went for Mama's fried shrimp - there was so much choice on the menu.

If we ever get back to WDW we would definitely go back to Bubba Gumps - we all loved it!
Glad I could help out!

You WILL get back to WDW and you WILL eat at Bubba's again ........ I am pretty sure of that!

Everything is so good at Bubba's! We only got one chance to eat there this summer and guess what I had? ........ The Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #164
Minnie J
Disney isn't ready for Minnie J Baby!!

Very great looking food at Bubba Gumps and very funny name Great reviews ladies
Old 09-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #165
mamaboogie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Glad I could help out!

You WILL get back to WDW and you WILL eat at Bubba's again ........ I am pretty sure of that!

Everything is so good at Bubba's! We only got one chance to eat there this summer and guess what I had? ........ The Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp!
Thanks for the positivity Karin! We really need it right now as we are very sad that our holiday is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie J View Post
Very great looking food at Bubba Gumps and very funny name Great reviews ladies
Thank you for reading!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: