Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 11:36 PM   #106
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Wow! That is a ton of changes in such a short amount of time!!! And you called Disney on each of those changes too??? Or were they just on paper each time?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #107
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Hi and Those pics are actually Wallace Falls which is a bit closer to us but it does look similar. I'd have a hard time living in the SW. I love it to visit but I'd miss the green, it would be hard. Bellingham is great, Western is (right now) where Taylor is targeting for college.
I haven't heard of Wallace Falls, but maybe someday I'll get to explore the NW. I've been a few times, but not enough to really know the landmarks.

I think you have OCPD (obsessive compulsive planning disorder)! But I do commend you on organizing such a long trip for so many different people and their schedules. Great job! I am in suspense to see if all the changes beforehand keep you from having too many changes once you're there. I didn't get much further than which park on which day (with no more than one meal planned each day) and I still had to scrap the plan by day 2!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #108
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Okay, I will admit it - I got dizzy around V04 I'm glad you managed to get a plan together with all you had going on, and it sounds like you had a geat trip!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:54 AM   #109
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Departure to MCO, the red eye? I think that will be 2 updates away....I may have to PM you! Or I can PM you my email addy oh miss antiFB. LOL. What specifically is the question?

OK - My question is this. I figured out by process of elimination which delta flight had to be yours. It sounds like I am a stalker, but I have this nifty flight tracker widget and I rarely get to use it. After following your PTR for so long I felt compelled to see you land.

So I Used the widget when Brian flew to and from Nashville and it worked like a charm. Your flight was on the books at night, but GONE in the morning. I could not find it enroute in the morning so I didn't know whether it was a glitch with this fight tracker or whether the alternative had happened - flight cancelation! You know I usually check the boards around 6am EST, so I checked your flight instead and it had disappeared. I was quite disturbed by this at the time and thought perhaps I had the wrong airline or departure city.

Oh - I just read your anti miss FB. Good one! lol! I am not anti, rather I know if I set up a FB account I will spend even more time online than I currently do. I know, I know - I have to do it sooner or later. Maybe 2011 will be my year!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #110
natebenma
DIS Veteran

GREAT UPDATE (pre-date?)

I wouldn't want to be your travel agent, but would you be mine?

Although I wasn't around for the real-time pretrippie changes, I do remember you planning the WL-BC checkin leg of your journey and it is now great seeing the background that led to it.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:48 AM   #111
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm late, Cynthia, but I'm finally here!!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 08-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #112
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I remember reading all of this as it was happening, but Gosh! When you put it all together on one page.... WOW!

It's a wonder you didn't lose your mind.

All I can say is, "You go, girl!!"

Kathy
I lose my mind over a lot of things but this wasn't one of them. That first month was crazy but it was SO far out I knew things would work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Wow! That is a ton of changes in such a short amount of time!!! And you called Disney on each of those changes too??? Or were they just on paper each time?
Well no. I actually used a TA this time. Who is also a friend. I don't think I will do that again, too much to put someone else through and I just felt like the middle man which drove me nuts. Originally I was trying to do her a favor and save myself phone time but at the end of the day I'd spend as much time trying to explain what I wanted and why, as I would have on the phone. I feel bad saying that and I know she worked hard but, just easier to do it myself in the future I think. Not sure. She did get us an upgrade on a couple of other trips, indulging DCA but for FL I usually felt like I knew more than she did.

We would do some 1 week holds while we sorted stuff out, otherwise Disney makes you cancel and rebook (as does Universal) so it's really kind of a pita on the deposit side. In some cases she'd call them more than I wanted, in others not enough. Kind of wacky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
I haven't heard of Wallace Falls, but maybe someday I'll get to explore the NW. I've been a few times, but not enough to really know the landmarks.

I think you have OCPD (obsessive compulsive planning disorder)! But I do commend you on organizing such a long trip for so many different people and their schedules. Great job! I am in suspense to see if all the changes beforehand keep you from having too many changes once you're there. I didn't get much further than which park on which day (with no more than one meal planned each day) and I still had to scrap the plan by day 2!
OCPD. Most definitely! I feel very lost without something to plan. My mother is far far worse. It's funny though, last year I tried to be more flexible, with deliberately unscheduled time and everyone was like "I don't know, what do you want to do" and they'd stand around staring at each other, lost and I knew with the addition of Sandie and Paul if things weren't planned, that part would be worse, times a factor of 10!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #113
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Okay, I will admit it - I got dizzy around V04 I'm glad you managed to get a plan together with all you had going on, and it sounds like you had a geat trip!
Thanks Tammie! It was a great trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK - My question is this. I figured out by process of elimination which delta flight had to be yours. It sounds like I am a stalker, but I have this nifty flight tracker widget and I rarely get to use it. After following your PTR for so long I felt compelled to see you land.

So I Used the widget when Brian flew to and from Nashville and it worked like a charm. Your flight was on the books at night, but GONE in the morning. I could not find it enroute in the morning so I didn't know whether it was a glitch with this fight tracker or whether the alternative had happened - flight cancelation! You know I usually check the boards around 6am EST, so I checked your flight instead and it had disappeared. I was quite disturbed by this at the time and thought perhaps I had the wrong airline or departure city.

Oh - I just read your anti miss FB. Good one! lol! I am not anti, rather I know if I set up a FB account I will spend even more time online than I currently do. I know, I know - I have to do it sooner or later. Maybe 2011 will be my year!
LOL! We use that tracker widget, or more accurately Jeff does, it's cool! We landed around 7:10 am, 15 minutes earlier it was an uneventful flight so that's wierd! Were you looking at the Delta number or the Alaksa?

Not stalkerish at all, I think that's cool you were tracking it!

True that on FB although it mellows at and it's not so bad. Good for keeping an eye on what your kids are posting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
GREAT UPDATE (pre-date?)

I wouldn't want to be your travel agent, but would you be mine?

Although I wasn't around for the real-time pretrippie changes, I do remember you planning the WL-BC checkin leg of your journey and it is now great seeing the background that led to it.
And their lied the problem with using one! Yes, you got to read about my check in angst for the YC. What I don't mention in the prequel here is that Sandie and Paul were flying standby so we really didn't know when they'd get in, or when we'd get access to that 2nd room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Sorry I'm late, Cynthia, but I'm finally here!!
All that matters is you are here Carissa!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:22 AM   #114
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

HI! I've come out of the lurking closet, I couldn't help it, your TR is awesome! I'm all subscribed up and will go back to read the others! What a beautiful family you have!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #116
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Well no. I actually used a TA this time. Who is also a friend. I don't think I will do that again, too much to put someone else through and I just felt like the middle man which drove me nuts. Originally I was trying to do her a favor and save myself phone time but at the end of the day I'd spend as much time trying to explain what I wanted and why, as I would have on the phone. I feel bad saying that and I know she worked hard but, just easier to do it myself in the future I think. Not sure. She did get us an upgrade on a couple of other trips, indulging DCA but for FL I usually felt like I knew more than she did.
I completely understand. I used a TA once - I didn't know her - and while it was fine, it was a bit frustrating as well. She wasn't speedy to reply, I had to call Disney several times to get what I wanted because she would try once and tell me there was no availability....I did NOT like being that middle man either....and I felt like I knew more than her as well.

Now perhaps for a future DCA/DL vacation I would use one. We'll see!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #117
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:

And make it you did, barely, but you did! Well done Dan, well done. Have fun camping this weekend!
thanks we had a good time, sunday was nice because it was enough of the in laws and time to leave, but always good to be with them.

now the whole planning dates in the PREtr were confusing me then and did i get it the second time around in the cliffnotes version.

nope not at all, way to confusing for me still.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #118
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I completely understand. I used a TA once - I didn't know her - and while it was fine, it was a bit frustrating as well. She wasn't speedy to reply, I had to call Disney several times to get what I wanted because she would try once and tell me there was no availability....I did NOT like being that middle man either....and I felt like I knew more than her as well.

Now perhaps for a future DCA/DL vacation I would use one. We'll see!
She had some great ideas for the DCA trip and the whole leaving Evan off the reservation thing for the YC thing came from her so I will use her again for sure, just maybe not for WDW. I'm sure she'd be relieved. On one of the changes I realized my PIN wasn't calculated right and realized that was the case for some time. It was just the POP night and so it wasn't much but you know, she should have caught that the PIN hadn't been applied, it was the public discount and I shouldn't have had to call her out on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
thanks we had a good time, sunday was nice because it was enough of the in laws and time to leave, but always good to be with them.

now the whole planning dates in the PREtr were confusing me then and did i get it the second time around in the cliffnotes version.

nope not at all, way to confusing for me still.
good thing that part is over huh! Glad you had a good time camping, it sounds fun.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #119
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

I'm here Cynthia! Geesh, page 8 already. Can't wait to hear the next installment.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #120
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Wow...I am super impressed with your planning!!!! Geez girl!! lol!

Oh, and I love the pictures made of you! Usually when my hubby or someone get a picture of me and I am not ready or making a face...it gets deleted!! lol! But yours are too cute!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: