Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #91
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Wow.

That's all I can say.

Okay, I lied. You are a planning genius to keep this all straight and pull off a trip with such a large group.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #92
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Um, I'm dizzy.

Wow.

Just wow.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #93
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Rockstar.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #94
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Wow - I wish I could have gone on your vacation!! Can't wait to see how it all actually turned out!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 08-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #95
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:06 PM   #96
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Well, I work at a high school, that is why I was curious. We have something similar called College Connections, but it is only open to Seniors. I agree with you. It makes me sad that kids really do miss out on their senior year of high school. But you are right...there are some kids that are just ready to move on. And you can't count out the fact that they are getting part of college for free.

I wonder how he will react to being back in more of a high school setting after distancing himself last year. Maybe it will be a lot better, considering he will have experienced what else is "out there" and he will be able to handle it better.
I really hope so! Most, actually ALL of his friends graduated last year so I hope he can reconnect with guys actually his age. And yes, it is free, if they actually transfer depending on what you decide to do. I guess in his case, if the AA is out, than it doesn't matter as much if they transfer but still, if it shaves something, that would be cool. Jeff is more worried about him actually getting in and going to college at this point more than anything, it could be a rather stressful year on that front. The SAT has been abysmal to say the least and we are getting zero support from his mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
You are right. When you have your whole planning journey listed out the way that you did, it's not as hard to follow. In the middle of watching you plan it though, my head was spinning. It's all that fuzzy Disney math. By the end of it, you are always going "Did I do that right? Did I totally screw it up?"

You did a great job planning it!! I can't wait to hear the details.
Thanks! See, I don't think it looks all that confusing laid out.

there was a LOT of FDM and yet it still cost an arm and a leg, I must be bad at math. Or quit early in HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT! I'm here! Can't wait to read all about this trip! I'm off to catch up!
Jen's here! WOOT!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #97
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Old 08-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #98
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Now I finally understand the title of your PTR! Thanks for posting the overview, I only was part of the last changes - but remember the drame well! I am all dizzy now...
How funny is that, it seems like you were along for the whole ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Cynthia, my head is spinning from reading how your plans came to be. Anxious for the next update.
well, it wasn't boring that's for sure. It was kind of wild that things were booked, I'd planned a rather leisurely booking process and instead it had some serious fend for yourself moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great recap of the BFP!!! Wonder how close you stayed to it??
well now, you'll have to wait and see won't you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
OMG, that was to funny reading it!

I swear, I was getting dizzy reading all of the changes and it was completely entertaining! Thanks so much for that--it's by far one of the best posts ever!
And it was your idea! I confess, when you first proposed it, the idea overwhelmed me but as I wrote out a departure day update it occurred to me that I hadn't quite set the stage...

So thank you and I"m so glad you were entertained!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #99
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Wowza... a lot of planning went into that Big Fat Plan! I'm exhausted just reading it. I'm sure that it all worked out for the best other than your BIL not able to join the crew. I am so very anxious to hear about all of it but especially interested in hearing about the Wizarding World whenever we get to that point.

We will get to Harry and the gang (and butter beer and so many many other things) but it will be a bit as it's towards the end of the trip. I have a LOT to share on it...I know it's the dark side and all that but....

Things ALWAYS work out. That's just a general life philosophy for me. We did miss Doug. He must come next time I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm very dizzy now but very interested to see how things played out.
hopefully not too dizzy! it's a bit much to take at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well, thanks for that because now I finally understand all your revisions and how they came to be. NOW it all makes sense, but wooooooooh.....that's a lot of changes. I was never quite sure how you ended up staying at WL, but now I finally understand.

So I'm curious. How did everything go with your departure flight? I'll tell you why I ask, but later. Now who's keeping who in suspense?
well there were a couple of factors beyond what was in the update. First being the mods were doubles so those were out and Jeff REALLY wanted to stay at WL. So that's what happened.

Departure to MCO, the red eye? I think that will be 2 updates away....I may have to PM you! Or I can PM you my email addy oh miss antiFB. LOL. What specifically is the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Oh, Cynthia! I missed a few (ok, maybe more then a few) of your changes on my dis hiatus! WOW!

We really are long lost planning sisters

I'm sure everything worked out wonderfully and it was all worth it in the end!
OMG I was reading your GRAND update and seriously, I think we are. though you are going to beat me in the surprise and over the top category, by a landslide!

Though I still chuckle when I think of the "Long Beach, NY" aspect of the Cali trip surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I have notebooks with all my different trip planning options that look similar to your v. series. Wait until I post the different point options for the various DVC options. It'll make ya dizzy.
So funny, I was looking at point charts all night tonight.....I think I have at least 3 different DVC spreadsheets going at the moment.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #100
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
WOW! But, believe me, I totally appreciate how much plans can change. I also like your husband's thinking about plane fare...I'd much rather spend the money on another night at Disney than on plan fare, which is how we ended up adding an extra night to our trip. Can't wait to hear more, especially since I got in on this close to the beginning.
I'm so glad you are here! And REALLY glad he took that spin on things, we needed those days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Wow.

That's all I can say.

Okay, I lied. You are a planning genius to keep this all straight and pull off a trip with such a large group.
awww, thanks LL. it was worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Um, I'm dizzy.

Wow.

Just wow.
Nah, not so much. it might sound really really odd but this is kind of the normal modus operandi around here. It's a lot of planning with 4 kids and the blended family and well, I like planning. So thankfully, it's a good thing. The Sandie Paul factor was high maintenance at times but other than that, not more complicated than daily life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Rockstar.
LOL! Hardly. and YOU were a huge huge help in so many ways!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #101
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Wow - I wish I could have gone on your vacation!! Can't wait to see how it all actually turned out!
Hi and ! it was a great trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
LOL Camille

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
oh please! really? I think it's just the FDM that makes you faint, I'm not buying more than that.

Red.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #102
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Thanks for typing all that out. Our PTR has been a huge mess with all the changes we have had and now I see I am not the only one with multiple changes. It helps me see that everything will turn out ok with our trip, so thank you!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #103
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Hi and ! it was a great trip

LOL Camille

oh please! really? I think it's just the FDM that makes you faint, I'm not buying more than that.

Red.
Actually, it was from my complete lack of sleep last night! Added to plans I still can't wrap my wee little brain around, and I'm toast- and it's not Tonga.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:36 PM   #104
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post

Thanks for typing all that out. Our PTR has been a huge mess with all the changes we have had and now I see I am not the only one with multiple changes. It helps me see that everything will turn out ok with our trip, so thank you!
It really really does! And you are far far from alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Actually, it was from my complete lack of sleep last night! Added to plans I still can't wrap my wee little brain around, and I'm toast- and it's not Tonga.
no, cuz that would have BANANAS!

I'm glad you guys had so much fun at the meet! SO wish I could have been there!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:25 AM   #105
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

I remember reading all of this as it was happening, but Gosh! When you put it all together on one page.... WOW!

It's a wonder you didn't lose your mind.

All I can say is, "You go, girl!!"

Kathy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: