Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #1006
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

the cruise looks like fun, i take it from the video that it is part cruise/part train ride?

i didnt see anything about E not being on the reservation what happened with that?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #1007
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

When did they refurb the Yacht Club? I like those linens so much better than what was there the last time I went, very nice!

I'm glad you got sprinkled with some pixie dust at check in. That's a lot of stuff you need to have fall into place, eh? I'm anxiously awaiting your next update!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #1008
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I'm glad everything went well at the YC. It's such a beautiful resort. And the CMs there are super nice.
So, adding a child at check-in wasn't a problem?

Can't wait for your next update

Old 01-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #1009
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see your pictures of Germany, Cynthia! Glad you are recovering from any jet lag although my neck is twinging in sympathy.

An Alaskan Disney Cruise is going to be so much fun!!! I am super excited for you! What an experience that is going to be! Loved little Donald running around and having fun -- hopefully you will not meet up with a bear like he did. LOL!

Hurray for such a stress-free check in to the Yacht Club. What a gorgeous room and perfect view!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #1010
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Very nice view from your room at the YC. Glad that all worked out for you.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #1011
norybell
DIS Veteran

How exciting about the cruise! I love cruises -- they're so relaxing! -- but I doubt I'll ever be able to talk DH into one.

And what awesome room luck! I love the YC -- it's tied with the Poly for my 2nd favorite WDW resort (1st place is the GF).
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #1012
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

The room looks awesome and a great view!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #1013
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

As a DISer, my first thought upon reading that your room was ready was: "I'd love that....I could get room pictures without kids and luggage and other clutter!"

Wow, you have quite a morning planned. But I think you'll make it.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #1014
manntra
DIS Veteran

Wow you are superwoman this morning!!! The rooms look very pretty....have never stayed there although I have been in the lobby etc. Love the beds/headboards....

I have faith in you and think you will get everything done Well..maybe you will have some missing kids but most of you will be there

Tracy
Old 01-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #1015
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Since you are checking out of WL...I have to ask - did the safe key ever turn up?? Maybe you already answered that and I missed it....

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #1016
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I'm on the edge of my seat.

Glad the YC was able to restore your faith in Disney check in magic.
It was an amazing morning, I was positively giddy with how well it went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
They are! But there are some AMAZING excursions for the Alaskan cruise. Someday I will get there.
Amazing is right. It's like extreme cruising! kayaking, float trips, float planes, deep sea fishing, helicopters to glaciers, zip lines, hikes, bikes...

Quote:
Gorgeous!
Aren't the rooms beautiful!

Quote:
Aw girl! That is a serious cliffhanger! You better not leave us hanging too long!
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Cynthia! I'm glad you are back safe and sound and had a good trip!

I'm for your new ticker! I know we spoke about it on Liesa's thread, but I'll be excited to be bringing your ship to you! We won't be in your cabin - maybe neighbors? We are in 6014 - It was a cat 8 prior to their re-categorizing - deluxe oceanview. Now it is a 9 something? We booked on points and just chose the type of cabin that fit the number of points we needed to use! IKWYM about the balcony - this will be our first non-balcony cruise, but it will be a cold one, so I don't picture myself out there much anyway.
We seriously looked at cat 9 and for our week would save quite a bit if we did it, but a week earlier it would have been the same price as what our cat 6 ended up so that's how we justified the cat 6. It will be cold but then again, we are from Seattle so we figured we'll still be out on that balcony regardless. 50 and windy? no biggie. And if we are lucky it will really be 60's... not any different than sitting on the deck at our cabin which we love to do and just dress appropriately!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Your YC room looks beautiful! Great location and connecting, too! I am to see how you pull off your Amazing Race this day!
Amazing Race, I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Whew! I know what a stress the YC room/check-in thing was for you prior to that morning. So glad it worked out so wonderfully!!
It really couldn't have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Oooo...another great Cynthia cliffhanger! Can't wait 'till you write a book. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Beautiful room....just showed your pictures to my husband and said, "Hey, we don't have to do the Cape (Cape Cod, MA) this summer...we can just stay at the YC!"
Exactly! I LOVE those rooms. Everything about them. If the YC had DVC we'd likely not be going on a cruise. I'll speak to this more later but it's really amazing the difference between the YC and BC. Totally different vibe and energy and of course the decor. And...the ages of the kids staying there. It was a perfect fit for our group.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #1017
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
I am going to guess that yes you did get everything done! It seems to be going swimmingly so far.

KIM
LOL! Everyone seems to have a lot of faith in me. It really was going perfectly wasn't it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
the cruise looks like fun, i take it from the video that it is part cruise/part train ride?

i didnt see anything about E not being on the reservation what happened with that?
No, the train is actually one of the excursions you can choose. Not sure yet if we will do the train, there are so many wonderful things to choose from. And of course since a lot of folks get to book before we do, certain things may be gone by the time we can book, as first time DCL cruisers, we are at the bottom of the booking food chain, not until June 9th!

Evan was not on the reservation and here is why. We got 9 day park hoppers at check in at WL for our group and had the DDP over there as well.

Sandie and Paul wanted to do a package with DDP and park hoppers. If Evan would have been on their reservation, he'd have ended up with another 6 day ticket, not something he needed or I wanted to pay for, and I didn't really want to buy him the DDP at the adult price.

So, based on CRO advice, we left him off. We had the rest of us on one room and had to get one day base tickets to get the DDP but the savings by the child rate on Eric for the DDP plus wierd Disney package math that had those 5 tickets running quite a bit less than if purchased by themselves it made sense to do it. So now I have 5 base 1 day tickets that will be used on future trips and upgraded at the time. One of them for the May trip!

That meant we needed to add Evan at check in so that he'd have access to SAB. One other stress I forgot about was that I was really worried that they'd assign Sandie and Paul to a King Bed room sine there were only 2 on the ressie and we REALLY needed a 2 queen room, preferable one with a daybed.

Thankfully at check in, not only did the magical CM hold a connecting room, he held one with the 2 queen configuration! And at that point I was so grateful I didn't press for the daybed in the 2nd room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
When did they refurb the Yacht Club? I like those linens so much better than what was there the last time I went, very nice!
It it quite recent, within the last year and was a big part of the reason we chose the YC. I love the new look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I'm glad you got sprinkled with some pixie dust at check in. That's a lot of stuff you need to have fall into place, eh? I'm anxiously awaiting your next update!
It was a lot, so much I forgot about the potential bed drama until Dan asked why Evan wasn't on the ressie. We really lucked out, major pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I'm glad everything went well at the YC. It's such a beautiful resort. And the CMs there are super nice.
So, adding a child at check-in wasn't a problem?
I couldn't add him, Sandie would have to so I really had no idea at that point if it would be a problem but they were able to tell me that 1) there would be a second bed in the room so at least we were covered there and 2) that he would need a room key to get into the pool so it would have to wait until they arrived. Which was not a surprise....but still a bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Can't wait for your next update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Can't wait to see your pictures of Germany, Cynthia! Glad you are recovering from any jet lag although my neck is twinging in sympathy.
feeling much better today, I felt ok yesterday and kept normal hours, but wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders.

Quote:
An Alaskan Disney Cruise is going to be so much fun!!! I am super excited for you! What an experience that is going to be! Loved little Donald running around and having fun -- hopefully you will not meet up with a bear like he did. LOL!
I imagine the bear is highly unlikely but hopefully we will see one! I'm much more interested in seeing a whale though.

Quote:
Hurray for such a stress-free check in to the Yacht Club. What a gorgeous room and perfect view!
The rooms are to die for, honestly and I was so shocked to get my actual view request I couldn't believe it. I really thought we'd be looking at the parking lot. Which would have seriously bummed me out for the price of staying there, even on a 40% PIN!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #1018
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Very nice view from your room at the YC. Glad that all worked out for you.
It was! It had some pro's and cons that I'll talk about later but it was exactly what I'd asked for and I was THRILLED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
How exciting about the cruise! I love cruises -- they're so relaxing! -- but I doubt I'll ever be able to talk DH into one.

And what awesome room luck! I love the YC -- it's tied with the Poly for my 2nd favorite WDW resort (1st place is the GF).
I'm not sure it will be as relaxing as a warm weather one but it will be totally different for all of us and that's exciting and I hope, give Jeff and I some decent adult only time which is unheard of on a family trip.

I the YC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
The room looks awesome and a great view!!!
It was, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
As a DISer, my first thought upon reading that your room was ready was: "I'd love that....I could get room pictures without kids and luggage and other clutter!"
It is so true! I actually felt bad for not taking more pictures but...I was in a bit of a rush. However at least I got some, as compared to the WL where I didn't, for exactly the reasons noted above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, you have quite a morning planned. But I think you'll make it.
I did! We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Wow you are superwoman this morning!!! The rooms look very pretty....have never stayed there although I have been in the lobby etc. Love the beds/headboards....
I love the rooms and the beds are to die for! Every bit as luxurious as they look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I have faith in you and think you will get everything done Well..maybe you will have some missing kids but most of you will be there

Tracy
Who us? Interesting that you mention missing.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #1019
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
Since you are checking out of WL...I have to ask - did the safe key ever turn up?? Maybe you already answered that and I missed it....
I did not already answer that, good catch! We were not yet checked out....

In theory the gang was up and starting to pack while I was doing this and the tour...

So you'll have to wait and see!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #1020
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

thats right i remember reading that a while ago i just forgot about it...thanks for writing it again and explaining it to me.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: