Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #751
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

We tried the same thing with the tickets back in December, Joe and my FIL went ahead of our group, to grab FPs for Soarin'...of course it didn't work, and no pixie dust on a nice CM either! Some of us never got FP's that day. All well - the in-laws got to ride and that is what mattered!

I tried the Writer's Stop this past trip as well and I loved it! The coffee was YUMMY and I agree with you-it's just adorable inside. I had no idea it was to represent something from a show, very cool info!

on your TSM score! It's better than what I usually get!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #752
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

FastPass Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
We tried the same thing with the tickets back in December, Joe and my FIL went ahead of our group, to grab FPs for Soarin'...of course it didn't work, and no pixie dust on a nice CM either! Some of us never got FP's that day. All well - the in-laws got to ride and that is what mattered!
Just so you know all of the tickets that you are using for FastPass must go through the turnstiles at the front of the Park. At one point when they first came out with the FastPass system you could use tickets that were not scanned into the park, but now the system will not recognize one that isn't.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #753
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Hey guys! I'm alive and here! Between Halloween, my mom having hip surgery, a truly frightening school project for Eric, a business trip, trade shows and division playoffs for HS soccer and a school musical performance plus my dinner club, I haven't had time to breathe! So I'm a bad Diser! But I really REALLY hope to get caught up this weekend and an update up!

And...K's team won their division and are the #1 seed for State! Exciting stuff.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #754
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Please. You don't have to tell me about busy real world and no time for DISing!!! I get it! I had to go on vacation to catch up

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 11-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #755
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Just read your recent update and I loved it! My sister just sent me some notes on her planning for our upcoming trip and she had marked down the Writers Stop. So I really enjoyed your thoughts on it and seeing the pictures.

I wanted to ask you about your Photopass session with a photographer. I am going to go find it in your PTR, but I really want to do that with our family on our trip. I am thinking Christmas card photos. Can you give me a little background (do you make an appointment? how long did it take? ect). If you want, you can send me a PM so that it doesn't disclose anything from your TR. My trip is in 2 weeks and I want to get it arranged, if it is possible. Thank you for your help!!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:26 PM   #756
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Please. You don't have to tell me about busy real world and no time for DISing!!! I get it! I had to go on vacation to catch up
LOL! I have "vacation" next week but given that it's with Jeff's dad and his wife I doubt I'll get any DIS time. I was hoping to just lay by the pool for 3 days but it sounds like we are fairly scheduled. If only it were a real one with just the 2 of us! Oh well, we do have a date "day" next Sunday, our only touch choice is the Picasso exhibit versus the Symphony.

LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Just read your recent update and I loved it! My sister just sent me some notes on her planning for our upcoming trip and she had marked down the Writers Stop. So I really enjoyed your thoughts on it and seeing the pictures.

I wanted to ask you about your Photopass session with a photographer. I am going to go find it in your PTR, but I really want to do that with our family on our trip. I am thinking Christmas card photos. Can you give me a little background (do you make an appointment? how long did it take? ect). If you want, you can send me a PM so that it doesn't disclose anything from your TR. My trip is in 2 weeks and I want to get it arranged, if it is possible. Thank you for your help!!
Oh no worries, I don't think the details will spoil anything for the TR.

I need to double check the pricing, I think it was $99 but it might have been $125. There is a number to call to book it, or you can arrange it with the PP people at the resorts, I think most of the deluxes have a PP "kiosk", I know there is one for YC/BC and one at WL. I had to reschedule mine while there and it wasn't a problem (push it back a little, an hour I think). You do want to consider time of day for lighting, that's the only realy scheduling thing I'd consider (and I didn't at all lol).

It's 20 minutes, 4 locations. Which doesn't sound like much but for us, it was an amazing amount of shots, 135 I think. Individuals, groups, different poses at the same location, etc. Included in the price is one print package, all your shots on a CD and then the session itself. The packages are decent, I think we got 2 8x10's and 3 5x7's for ours but there were other options. On the prints you could pick whatever pose you wanted so each could have been a different pose if you wanted. While we printed more once home, it was nice to have the prints there to give some to Sandie and to have to frame right when we got home. I still have 4 that need to go in frames (need new frames).

I was REALLY REALLY happy with the shoot, some outstanding shots, especially individuals of the kids. Reviews are mixed from people who have done it, and it will vary by photographer but we loved ours and I thought for what we got, it was an incredible value and am so so glad we did it!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #757
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

That's great about K's Team!!! But I"ll bet it means a big time committment (even more so that already!) for you and Jeff. Glad to see you "on" - that means you finally get some downtime!!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #758
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
That's great about K's Team!!! But I"ll bet it means a big time committment (even more so that already!) for you and Jeff. Glad to see you "on" - that means you finally get some downtime!!

hope so, feel like making muffins but the recipe I'm looking at seems off. Trying to decide if I go with my gut or follow the recipe
Old 11-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #759
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Finally caught up! I confess, I used your links! I know I cheated but I think I might be here another week if I went through all the banter! I have trouble keeping up normally let alone after a trip!

I LOVE your review of Raglan! I'm realllllllllly excited to try it now! Wooo hoo! I have to checkout the kids menu though! My kiddos are not adventurous eaters and there is no way they would eat shepherds pie! Those desserts sound, and look, amazing!

Oh my goodness with the doh moment! I'm glad the CM gave you the FP! You had good intentions!

The Writer's Shop sounds great, I have that on my list of eventual stops!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #760
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Popping in to say Hi!!!Life has been sooo busy lately I can'r keep up with all my threads so am using the FALL back hour tonight to catch up a little !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #761
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I've been busy and haven't had much time for the DIS. Time to relax today
Have a great Sunday!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #762
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Popping in to say Hi!!!Life has been sooo busy lately I can'r keep up with all my threads so am using the FALL back hour tonight to catch up a little !!!
Hi rosie! I hope to use that hour sometime today, hasn't happened yet but crossing my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I've been busy and haven't had much time for the DIS. Time to relax today
Have a great Sunday!
Me either! I hope to as well, through I'm not sure trying to fix the dishwasher counts as relaxing.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #763
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Lights, Motors, and...rain???

It was now about 9:15. Amazingly in less than an hour wed managed to ride TSM twice, get the boys some muffins that were as big as their head any myself a much needed second cup of coffee. All things considered a darn good start to the day.

Jeff and Kendall were supposedly done with their workout, off to the showers and then would be and making their way to the park, along with Taylor. What to do next? When would they get there?

We decided wed stroll for a bit, no one really had a pressing idea or plan.

We considered traveling the world but, were pretty content with where we were.

Eric really wanted to ride the subway, but wasnt sure exactly where it was going.

The library was closed, which really bummed him out

I tried to get Evan to take a picture here, figuring hed be up for a nice martial arts move, given that he does have a black belt but he wanted nothing to do with that idea, at all.

He did kind of like the phone booth.

Eric thought this looked really far away

And Evan was just happy it really wasnt raining!

Although it was only 9:23, it was HOT already. Really hot! The boys were pretty happy that this truck had crashed through the building and could mist them. I checked out the line for the backlot tour, something wed never done and filed it away as a later in the day possibility.

The coke bottle misted Eric, which made him happy, and made me think that Id be reapplying sunscreen earlier than Id expected! I was ever so grateful Id just gotten up and tossed on my hat and left, it really helped keep me cool that morning and came in handy later in unexpected ways. Evan decided he wasnt wet enough and went back for more.

Right after TSM the boys had REALLY wanted to do pressed pennies. There were two problems with that idea. One, I didnt have any on me and two, I needed coffee. After getting our treats, I had some change and though it wasnt really on the way to anything we decided to go back over there and crank the wheel.

A little green men penny and a squeak penny later, we were good to go.

I admit, I dont have a clue what we did for the next 20 minutes! I know there was some shopping, or really looking. Evan saw at least 3 shirts he wanted at the TSM dump shop and its entirely possible that we went into more shops than that. Im guessing there was also a bio break by TSM as its rather a lovely spot to hide from the heat and take care of business. I do know that we were getting texted with from Jeff progress and it was sounding like soon theyd be heading down to the bus. I was most impressed with them, they might actually make it to the park well before 11 (which had been my prediction, 10 had been Jeffs goal).

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 11-13-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #764
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

We slowly made our way to the front, doing whatever it is that we did for 20 minutes until we ran into the PP guy and got a few shots.

I have NO idea what that last pose was supposed to be!

About 5 minutes after the last shot, I got the text. Their bus was pulling up! We headed out of the park to meet them at the turnstiles, do the park ticket hand off and then all traipsed back in. I updated Jeff on the TSM fast past saga, he was pretty thrilled it had worked out as by now, 10:15 am the return time was something insane like 3pm! We decided that the first order of business would be RRC fast passes, followed very closely by a cup of coffee for Jeff. After a quick swing by the RRC FP machines it was, you guessed it, back to the writers stop. An iced mocha for K&T, coffee for Jeff and another one for me and we were good to go. Taylor pronounced the frozen cappuccino from Typhoon Lagoon as being far superior, but this one was “ok”.

We had a little time to kill before our FP’s were ready so it was off to do another never done, one that would also be shutting down for rehab in a couple of days. If we didn’t do it now, it most likely wouldn’t happen on this trip.

Finally, on my 5th trip to the world, I made it to….One Man’s Dream.
We LOVED it! I have to admit, I wish I’d read the first Disney after Dark book before visiting it, I might have looked at a couple of things a little more closely but having been there, and then reading it (ok, not stellar writing but it is cute) it made that part of the book that much more interesting to me.
Exiting, feeling like we knew a little more about Walt and Roy we decided to meander towards a date with a speeding Limo. On the way we were thrilled to find some Streetmosphere!

The kids loved this one, especially the nerdy assistant who turns into the star of the show. It was funny, later on the trip in a different streetmosphere set (I don’t recall which one but it will probably come to me when I get to that day) they were able to recognize the CM’s in different roles, different outfits, I got a kick out of that. I didn’t get any pictures at RRC. I think b/c the rest of the gang had just joined us, I was focused on just enjoying being together. I was also focused on some clouds that looked to be rolling in. Either way, not much in the way of pictures.

I have to say, I came off that ride with the biggest darn grin! I forgot how much I love love love that ride. SO much fun. Thankfully (and surprisingly) no one was interested in the dump shop which was a good thing, as we were now short on time.

Here is where I get frustrated with myself. I don’t take trip notes. I often mean to, and may for a couple of days but then I stop and forget and rely on the camera time stamps. Of course, my camera is set on PST, we were traveling on EST and so I have to adjust. Pictures taken with my phone, or from PP are on actual EST and the end result is a folder of pictures for any given day that isn’t exactly in order! My planning notes say that LMA was scheduled to be at 1:20 and I know that originally I’d assumed we’d try to hit it later in the trip, that this day we’d go until about noon and then head back for the pool. My camera doesn’t agree with this. It seems to think that we saw some streetmosphere around 11:50, after which I think we rode RRC and then I know we hustled over to try and make LMA. Jeff and I had seen it in 2004 with the E’s but were positive they didn’t recall it and K&T had never seen it. Jeff really wanted to hit it so off we went.

And it started to sprinkle

And dribble

And then rain a little harder

Pretty soon, it was a deluge.

LMA isn’t exactly around the corner from RRC and I’m not sure we took the best route, in fact I’m pretty sure we didn’t. Either way, we found our selves running from the raindrops and worrying someone would bite the dust. It was kind of funny though and we both expected we’d get there and the show would be canceled anyway but…what the heck, might as well try.
Arriving at LMA, soaked and laughing (and VERY happy I had my hat on) they were still letting folks in. Apparently rain is ok for LMA…just not lightening. Which surprised, and pleased us.

There was, however, a rain “delay”. So, let’s look at the rain, the clouds and the wet back for a couple of E’s.

People came and went, some not sure if the show would actually go on. For those of you who haven’t been in the LMA theater when it rains let me tell you this. You really can’t find a totally dry spot to sit, but some parts are worse than others. Despite our close to showtime start arrival and a relatively full crowd, w were able to slowly migrate to seating that was less drippy, breezy and seat puddle soaked.

And we waited.

And waited.

Would we get a show??????

After about a 10 minute delay, rain never letting up, we found out…

Yes!

Yes we would!

They had to check things out of course

And the host needed her sassy red rain jacket (of course)

Continued in next post
Old 11-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #765
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

But the real star, needed no such protection and he brought a respite from the rain and with it, our hostess lost that jacket.

As we watched cars race through semi’s, spin around, jump over other cars and even be controlled by remote, we looked at the clouds in the distance, wondering what the rest of the day would bring.

And then we heard it. And saw it.

CRACK!

Bolt lightening.

Rain is one thing, lightening another and despite the lovely blue sky we could see peeking through the distance the show was over. Once again we would not see LMA, or at least not in its entirely. Still wet, watching the mass exodus around us and a little bit bummed the question was…what now?

Last edited by eandesmom; 01-02-2011 at 03:34 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: