Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #391
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Morning Cynthia !!!! You too Marv!!!
Morning Rosie!

However Marv won't get your message, he has yet to (AHEM) make an appearance over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Well, I'm glad your rooms ended up working out so well in the end!! Your view is pretty!!
LOVED the view. It was like being home to be honest, they did a great job with the theming in the pool/courtyard area, but in a really nice way.

Quote:
I'm a full unpacker too! Of course, I also pack the kiddos stuff in labeled ziploc bags! Yes, I'm a tad OCD! I can't stand the idea of living out of a suitcase! It would be way to stressful!
You know what's funny is I do make sure the kids are packed by outfit and confirm that there are multiple outfit options with what they chose and will veto/trade out as needed. They have definite opinions on what they want to bring. I'm of course only speaking for the E's, the big kids pack for themselves. But the whole ziploc thing has always bugged me from a waste standpoint, I just couldn't stand the idea of the empty bags after unpacking, it's bad enough with toiletries! The OCD in me wouldn't want to reuse the bags for something else, some wierd cross contamination thing in my mind.

Plus I figured I'd bring more clothes if it was really an outfit a day versus 4 pairs for shorts for a 2 week trip. On the other hand I overpack for myself so much I could probably ziplock a months worth of outfits!

Not really, I did MUCH better on this trip with only one exception. Maybe two. And I knew it (well, suspected anyway) when I did it, and did it anyway.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear how you liked Sanaa! We haven't been there yet but we'll get there at some point!
It's not exactly easy to get to so I can see why a lot of folks don't make it there.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #392
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

You know what's funny is I do make sure the kids are packed by outfit and confirm that there are multiple outfit options with what they chose and will veto/trade out as needed. They have definite opinions on what they want to bring. I'm of course only speaking for the E's, the big kids pack for themselves. But the whole ziploc thing has always bugged me from a waste standpoint, I just couldn't stand the idea of the empty bags after unpacking, it's bad enough with toiletries! The OCD in me wouldn't want to reuse the bags for something else, some wierd cross contamination thing in my mind.

Plus I figured I'd bring more clothes if it was really an outfit a day versus 4 pairs for shorts for a 2 week trip. On the other hand I overpack for myself so much I could probably ziplock a months worth of outfits!
I'll admit that I hate to waste all those bags but the OCD in me has won out time and time again! When we out our owners locker in Oct of last year I reused some of them to store toiletries and stuff in!

I'm admitting way to much here BUT I know you'll appreciate it! I pack the first few days worth of clothes in the bags and label them. Then as I move from day to day throughout the week I write on the bag something like "Day 5, Tee goes with shorts from Day 2" One of the benefits of DVC that I love the most is that the shorts from Day 2 were washed either after pj's were put on day 2 or before left on day 3
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #393
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Just stopping by to say See you in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:53 AM   #394
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I'll admit that I hate to waste all those bags but the OCD in me has won out time and time again! When we out our owners locker in Oct of last year I reused some of them to store toiletries and stuff in!

I'm admitting way to much here BUT I know you'll appreciate it! I pack the first few days worth of clothes in the bags and label them. Then as I move from day to day throughout the week I write on the bag something like "Day 5, Tee goes with shorts from Day 2" One of the benefits of DVC that I love the most is that the shorts from Day 2 were washed either after pj's were put on day 2 or before left on day 3

I have a feeling you do laundry more than I do!

Though I have to say, a primary attraction for me with DVC is the washing machine, especially after this trip.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #395
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
However Marv won't get your message, he has yet to (AHEM) make an appearance over here.

He isn't on my TR either, even though I included some German lessons especially for him...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 09-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #396
nodnol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
He isn't on my TR either, even though I included some German lessons especially for him...
Well that's something then! complaining about too few people follwing his PTR, in fact begging and whining so much that I made my way over there, and now I read THIS?!

Old 09-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #397
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have a feeling you do laundry more than I do!

Though I have to say, a primary attraction for me with DVC is the washing machine, especially after this trip.
I never thought I'd do laundry on vacation! I used to overpack just so I wouldn't have too! But, having the ability to do it in the room makes it sooooo much easier! I'll admit to going home with a bag full of clean clothes too
Old 09-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #398
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I think we should officially make this "abuse Marv" day. Specifically on threads he isn't on.

Guys, are you in? Dan, it might be a nice change for you

See maybe if we do that he will make is way over to both our threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
Well that's something then! complaining about too few people follwing his PTR, in fact begging and whining so much that I made my way over there, and now I read THIS?!
me too!

Hmmph.

Quote:
I never thought I'd do laundry on vacation! I used to overpack just so I wouldn't have too! But, having the ability to do it in the room makes it sooooo much easier! I'll admit to going home with a bag full of clean clothes too
When we stay in condo's we go home with clean clothes as well. Given the length of our trip we did have to do laundry, which ended up with it's own story...

I didn't overpack to avoid laundry though. Shoes (of course) are a given but I overpacked on tee shirts thinking I might wear some (versus sleeveless tops) but it was so hot I think I wore 1 or 2 for a couple of hours in the room and then for the plane ride home, that was it! And I brought several.

I had a feeling I wouldn't need them but then got paranoid at the last minute and tossed in way too many.

They didn't take up much space though.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #399
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we should officially make this "abuse Marv" day. Specifically on threads he isn't on.

Guys, are you in? Dan, it might be a nice change for you
Sounds good to me! Hows this?:

Quote:

Quote:
Enjoy it while you can.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #400
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Good Gracious. I did not realize I had not checked in since before I left.
all caught up now.
Great idea to have the "wake up " breakfast to get going after a red eye.
Can't wait for more.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #401
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Sounds good to me! Hows this?:

Enjoy it while you can.

Dan seems to get abused most....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Good Gracious. I did not realize I had not checked in since before I left.
all caught up now.
Great idea to have the "wake up " breakfast to get going after a red eye.
Can't wait for more.
Ooh! Looks like you started a TR...going to pop over.

I think breakfast after a red eye is the only way to go! If you go to sleep it defeats the whole purpose and it definitely worked better than a big meal in the middle of the day as in the am we were still sort of with it and it energized us versus slowing us down.

And welcome back!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #402
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He's not on mine either.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #403
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:

Ahh, a very nice view after all!

Looking forward to finding out if the bionic hearing could pick up any pool noise!!

Kathy
Old 09-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #404
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
He's not on mine either.
is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Ahh, a very nice view after all!

Looking forward to finding out if the bionic hearing could pick up any pool noise!!

Kathy
Ah, the bionic hearing....
Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #405
norybell
DIS Veteran

Love your view (and usually I hate pool views)!

Quote:
It was a beautiful view. I can't imagine not using the balcony but it was suprising how few people were out every time we were on it. Guess they were just escaping the heat and staying in their rooms, or everyone was at the parks. Just seemed odd that we rarely saw anyone on their balcony and supposedly the hotel was full.
I have always wondered about this. In all my trips to WDW, I've so rarely seen other people on the balconies. What's up with that?
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: