Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #361
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Nice view after all!! It's fun to swim while it's raining (as long as there's no lightening, of course ) Sounds like a full fun day!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 09-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #362
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I've never even really considered Auntie Gravity's. Now I may have to....a cappucino smoothie sounds wonderful!

Bummer about the rain on your pool time, but it sounds like you rolled with it.

I'm a little worried that you may not make it to your 8:55 ADR time. I suspect that "the wall" is fast approaching.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #363
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Wow you have really packed a lot into this travel day! Way to work the plan!!
Shocking really that we actually stuck to the plan, it was rather ambitious! The nice thing was is it felt natural and not like power touring or activities, it was a good pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Your view is just lovely!

I'm glad you got to relax by the pool even though it was soggy. It least it wasn't too hot.

I hope you made it to dinner. I really want to get a review of Sanaa.
It really was lovely. I really wanted to go to Sanaa but tried hard not to have an opinion and let the kids pick based on the 2 food choices and the timing. The late dinner worried me but ALL of them wanted the late dinner and the E's and Jeff really wanted Sanaa.

Evan's theory was that going on rides before dinner would wake him up if sleepy.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #364
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Nice view after all!! It's fun to swim while it's raining (as long as there's no lightening, of course ) Sounds like a full fun day!
Lightening is a major drag. I didn't mind the rain except for maybe once on the trip and we had plenty of it. The lightening was a totally different story.

It was a lovely view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I've never even really considered Auntie Gravity's. Now I may have to....a cappucino smoothie sounds wonderful!
We'd all give a huge thumbs up! I think it has become a permanent tomorrowland must do.

Quote:
Bummer about the rain on your pool time, but it sounds like you rolled with it.
Oh my goodness it was POURING while we were trying to eat, it was funny to watch all 6 of us try to scoot in under the umbrella and then just give up as your back was getting soaked no matter what.

Quote:
I'm a little worried that you may not make it to your 8:55 ADR time. I suspect that "the wall" is fast approaching.
The time was a concern to me when it was initially discussed, and certainly more so at 6:30 when I took that balcony picture! While my (strong) preference was Sanaa, I really thought that the 7:35 dinner was probably the smarter choice, not to mention the resort versus in-park dinner logistics.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #365
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I too was hoping SM wouldn't be so jerky (for sure that is not for Mark thsi year). You had a great room location. Those pizzas do sound good (and I don't do Disney pizza). Sorry about all the rain that first day...hope it goes away soon for the rest of the trip. And I'm glad you got an update in before I go.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #366
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I too was hoping SM wouldn't be so jerky (for sure that is not for Mark thsi year). You had a great room location. Those pizzas do sound good (and I don't do Disney pizza). Sorry about all the rain that first day...hope it goes away soon for the rest of the trip. And I'm glad you got an update in before I go.
I'm glad you could read it before you go!

Sadly it was just as jerky, if anything, more so. The pizzas were good, probably because they were flatbreads not "Disney" pizza.

I do wish the resort CS locations had a better selection of sides, especially the chips. They need to expand their options. I had a hard time filling the order and avoiding sweets. We didn't do it so often that it was an issue but it would keep me from eating lunch there on a regular basis. Enough to choose from on the entree side for a few meals but the side options were boring! Good if you wanted cookies or a giant brownie though but I'm not a sweets person.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #367
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

your rum got me thinking, im assuming that said rum in update was packed in your checked luggage.

but those little single bottles of booze the little 1 ouncers you can get for a few bucks, can you take those on your carry one, to mix up a few drinks on an airplane?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 09-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #368
manntra
DIS Veteran

Ahhhhh the first official drink of the trip. Pure bliss!!
I think you ended up with a great view

I think they recently changed the music for SM also Definitely darker! I bet there are a lot of purists out there who would have spoken out against major changes.

to all of your energy for the day!!!!

Tracy
Old 09-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #369
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
your rum got me thinking, im assuming that said rum in update was packed in your checked luggage.

but those little single bottles of booze the little 1 ouncers you can get for a few bucks, can you take those on your carry one, to mix up a few drinks on an airplane?
Said rum was in the checked luggage. A big bottle of gold and a little one of coconut rum just for me. Kind of interesting, I could get pints and the big bottles in plastic, but not a fifth. Go figure.

That's a good question on the 1 oz bottles. I mean the "rule" is a 3 ounce liquid right, so theoretically....I'd think so.

So funny, I bought one the other day to cook with (apple tart, needed 1T of rum for my glaze) as I just didn't want to buy a full bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Ahhhhh the first official drink of the trip. Pure bliss!!
I think you ended up with a great view
It was bliss! We'd avoided it by the pool initially as we didn't want to make ourselves sleepy! So we had some straight caffeine first. Or in my case the really yummy iced tea they have. I foget the name of the flavor I liked though.

Quote:
I think they recently changed the music for SM also Definitely darker! I bet there are a lot of purists out there who would have spoken out against major changes.
They may have. I can't say I've ever even noticed the music, isn't that funny?

Quote:
to all of your energy for the day!!!!

Tracy
I was really pleased with how well everyone was holding up! Definitely exceeded the expectations given that no napping had taken place.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #370
TrayRene
Mouseketeer

I am in awe of everything you have managed to do on your first day!!

It must have been rather surreal to have been in the WCC when you were all still half asleep!!

What a great way to start the trip off - haircuts at MSB! What great haircuts!

Love the pic of the pool with the rain falling down - the kids must have loved swimming (and eating!) in the rain!

Can't wait to see if you all manage to stay awake for the rest of the evening's plans!!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #371
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Not that I'm looking for any readers or anytyhing, but I thought you might want to know, I started the TR- HERE. See you over there.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #372
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrayRene View Post
I am in awe of everything you have managed to do on your first day!!

It must have been rather surreal to have been in the WCC when you were all still half asleep!!
Surreal is very apt! So surreal I keep remembering things I fogot to put in my recall of what happened...like leaving out being greeted by flying straws!

Quote:
What a great way to start the trip off - haircuts at MSB! What great haircuts!
It was perfect!!! I hate to get them a trim, it will mean we've been home too long.

Quote:
Love the pic of the pool with the rain falling down - the kids must have loved swimming (and eating!) in the rain!

Can't wait to see if you all manage to stay awake for the rest of the evening's plans!!
Swimming in the rain is fun. Eating in it when the pool is warmer...not quite as much.

Ah yes....did we stay awake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Not that I'm looking for any readers or anytyhing, but I thought you might want to know, I started the TR- HERE. See you over there.
Whew, thanks for the heads up! Or you would have been in BIG FAT TROUBLE!

Old 09-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #373
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

You guys keep going and going! MK, unpacking, the pool, AK and an ADR! I'm in awe!

I hope your room worked out just fine - the view is really very nice! But too bad it was the OPPOSITE of what you wanted and that your TA tried to take credit for the upgrade. It sounds like it worked out just fine though - we were in a similar location at the WL - just on the back wall, floor 3 - and I loved it! We watched the EWP almost every night.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #374
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
You guys keep going and going! MK, unpacking, the pool, AK and an ADR! I'm in awe!
Well the plan really was to keep going. We had warned the kids up front about that and we were pretty united in our stance. Our feeling was, if we stopped, we'd all pass out, take a nap, wreck the time zone change and it would all be downhill from there. Not that we were paranoid or anything.

Thankfully and most surprisingly, it was easy (till that point) to keep everyone going, there wasn't a single cattle prod involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I hope your room worked out just fine - the view is really very nice! But too bad it was the OPPOSITE of what you wanted and that your TA tried to take credit for the upgrade. It sounds like it worked out just fine though - we were in a similar location at the WL - just on the back wall, floor 3 - and I loved it! We watched the EWP almost every night.
It was a great location. I have no idea what my problem was. And really, saying it was a problem is an overstatement, more likely annoyed for no good reason as I was operating on fumes at that point and just really wanted to be unpacked. For some bizarre reason I really thought there would be noise and that freaked me out. There really is nothing worse (for me) than Jeff not sleeping.

I will say this about the Disney Deluxe resorts, or at least WL and the YC. If that balcony door is closed, you don't hear ANYTHING from outside.

Unlike another hotel I won't mention.

Hallways are of course an entirely different story.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:19 AM   #375
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Great update! I think you got a wonderful view! And I love being in the pool in the rain, so your afternoon would have been perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
I remember someon on the restaurant board once posted about how their liquids on the plane were a plastic bag full of 1 ounze bottles for mixing drinks during their trip at WDW.

But I think most airlines actually have rules that you are not allowed to drink any alcoholic drink not served through them while on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I will say this about the Disney Deluxe resorts, or at least WL and the YC. If that balcony door is closed, you don't hear ANYTHING from outside.
The same thing holds true for AKL. I had a pool view room there twice and even in the afternoon, as soon as you closed the balcony door, you could not hear a thing from the pool.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: