Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #331
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Perfect MK morning!
I think my nephews will have to try MSB next summer.
They would love it! Best tip is to go early when there isn't a line yet as it is a first come first serve place. The fact that we were able to just walk up shocked all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
NEVER would have guessed the MSB was going to be your first stop!

Another People Mover fan. Great attraction! Love the Tomorrowland Tour.

Thank you, seriously, for the tip about the conveniently located bathroom. I can see where this would come in handy for other family members to accomplish something during mandatory waiting period. I have one of those someones too who can move into a restroom.

I noticed the PTR promo! Congrats!
Thanks on the PTR, we are so excited! That bathroom is the best, now that I know about it, we made good use of it more than once this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great first day Cynthia !!! How much are the Haircuts at MSB!!!!!???? I think Kyle might like that!!!
$14!!! it's a great deal and a ton of fun. And a really really good haircut.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #332
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Yeah, at that age, the barber isn't going to check with mom to make sure it's ok, are they? Evan got his a lot shorter last year than this but still within decent limits. Did they ask for it to be shaved?

good thing is it does grow fast!

Well, the first time it happened I wasn't on the trip. I had just started a new job and couldn't get off. My husband wnet ahead and took the boys because his oldest son (my step-son) and his family were going at the same time. My step-son is in the Navy and keeps his head shaved all the time. My youngest decided he wanted to do that, so my husband took him in and let the barber shave off all his thick black hair. I could have cried So the next year my middle son wanted it done, but we never managed to get to the barbershop when it was open and not packed. I thought I was home free - then the next year came and he still wanted it done . They didn't shave his completely off to razor stubble like they did my youngest, but left maybe 1/4 - 1/2 of hair. Not much....especially on his odd shaped head And the sneak - I made a deal with him - he could shave his head if he got a Mickey painted on the back. He agreed, but once he was in the chair and his hair was gone, the barber asked if he wanted a Mickey ay nd he said "no thanks" Of course she wasn't going to hold him down and paint it on him anyway just because his mom said so. He wanted it done again this year - and he promised me he would get the Mickey this time, but again we were never there at a good time. I've given up. I personally think my youngest looks better with his hair longer, but he keeps it really short all the time now - not completely shaved - but crew cut-ish. My middle has gone back to an average length. He does't like it to get too long - and I don't either. My oldest - you never know what he will do. I've quit looking. He never grows it long, but sometimes its spikey, other times he highlights it......I figure whatever he does, his attention span is short and he will change it soon.

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #333
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3sonstt View Post
Well, the first time it happened I wasn't on the trip. I had just started a new job and couldn't get off. My husband wnet ahead and took the boys because his oldest son (my step-son) and his family were going at the same time. My step-son is in the Navy and keeps his head shaved all the time. My youngest decided he wanted to do that, so my husband took him in and let the barber shave off all his thick black hair. I could have cried So the next year my middle son wanted it done, but we never managed to get to the barbershop when it was open and not packed. I thought I was home free - then the next year came and he still wanted it done . They didn't shave his completely off to razor stubble like they did my youngest, but left maybe 1/4 - 1/2 of hair. Not much....especially on his odd shaped head And the sneak - I made a deal with him - he could shave his head if he got a Mickey painted on the back. He agreed, but once he was in the chair and his hair was gone, the barber asked if he wanted a Mickey ay nd he said "no thanks" Of course she wasn't going to hold him down and paint it on him anyway just because his mom said so. He wanted it done again this year - and he promised me he would get the Mickey this time, but again we were never there at a good time. I've given up. I personally think my youngest looks better with his hair longer, but he keeps it really short all the time now - not completely shaved - but crew cut-ish. My middle has gone back to an average length. He does't like it to get too long - and I don't either. My oldest - you never know what he will do. I've quit looking. He never grows it long, but sometimes its spikey, other times he highlights it......I figure whatever he does, his attention span is short and he will change it soon.
UGH, that's the thing with a buzz cut like that. You need a nice shaped head to pull it off. It works on some and others....not so much.

Evan can actually pull it off and look really good, but the rest of them? Ick.

The Mickey on the back is the best, I loved Evan's last year and missed it this year.

It will level out as they get older, I remember my brother at that age going through some crazy hair stuff so we try to just bite our tongue with Taylor. Who just got a great cut this week, out of the blue and looks his age again. I need to take a pic before he grows it back out and turns all scruffy again.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #334
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Breakfast at WCC sounds sooo good. I've never eaten there.

And I'm with you on the MSB. The best haircut my DS ever had was there, it grew out so evenly and was done really well. Plus they're great at distracting the little kids too, they covered him in stickers, it was a riot.

Who can resists a little Tom Morrow?

Did his party from Saturn arrive?
Old 09-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #335
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:

I knew I liked you. OMG you have NO idea what you are in for with the HS girls soccer. Add an hour to Gabby's pre-game ritual for primping.

I cannot even imagine! Right now there are a few girls who are way into boys and it's so funny to watch them attempt to stick out their non-existent chests and non-rumpy bootys.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 09-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #336
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I cannot even imagine! Right now there are a few girls who are way into boys and it's so funny to watch them attempt to stick out their non-existent chests and non-rumpy bootys.
Count yourself lucky. Danielle is only 11 and has a chest.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #337
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, just you wait until you read my MK update in a couple of weeks!!!

I will tell you that Charles had the same CM as Eric -- her name is Mary -- and he declared it was the best haircut he had ever had, too.

I have a Barber Shop Pole picture if you want it...unless you wanted your boys to pose with it in which case I can't help.

Riding POTC while escaping the deluge was perfect! I love the smell of the queue and the ride! It screams Disney to me!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #338
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Breakfast at WCC sounds sooo good. I've never eaten there.
It was good! I could have gone for some of those biscuits, gravy and scrambled eggs today! You'll have to go there next time as it couldn't be more convenient!

Quote:
And I'm with you on the MSB. The best haircut my DS ever had was there, it grew out so evenly and was done really well. Plus they're great at distracting the little kids too, they covered him in stickers, it was a riot.
Oh how cute!

Quote:
Who can resists a little Tom Morrow?

Did his party from Saturn arrive?
Why yes, I believe it did!

Quote:
And they roll up the soccer shorts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Ugh, that's no fun. Stressful at that age actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, just you wait until you read my MK update in a couple of weeks!!!
I can't wait!

Quote:
I will tell you that Charles had the same CM as Eric -- her name is Mary -- and he declared it was the best haircut he had ever had, too.

I have a Barber Shop Pole picture if you want it...unless you wanted your boys to pose with it in which case I can't help.
Yeah, I did want them with the pole lol! We got one last year and it's a favorite shot. Oh well. I think it's so cool Charles went there!

Quote:
Riding POTC while escaping the deluge was perfect! I love the smell of the queue and the ride! It screams Disney to me!
It does just scream Disney doesn't it!
Old 09-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #339
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:

I am sorry. G will be 14 in Feb, and I am sure she would LOVE me talking about her chest on the DIS, but is still pretty flat. I got my girls the summer between 7th and 8th grade. Not sure what the hold-up for G is.

Quote:
And they roll up the soccer shorts....

Yup, I have seen that too!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 09-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #340
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
I am sorry. G will be 14 in Feb, and I am sure she would LOVE me talking about her chest on the DIS, but is still pretty flat. I got my girls the summer between 7th and 8th grade. Not sure what the hold-up for G is.

Yup, I have seen that too!
They just get rolled shorter, with a lot more makeup! Be glad G is flat, easier with soccer for sure, it can be a real pain. Literally.

K is not exactly well endowed but I don't really expect that to change much between soccer and heredity. Of course she's on the young side for 9th grade, she just turned 14 last month. I didn't develop until later too....not that it's relevant for K.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #341
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Why can't they stay little girls?

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #342
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

all i can say is i cant believe that was your first ride on TTA, it is slow but ohh such a classic.

glad you guys liked it.

hope it becomes part of your routine on future trips

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 09-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #343
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!! Am I enjoying my DAY off NOOOOOOOO!!! Kyle is home from school supposedly sick !!!

Oh well he did wash my car and find someone to put air in my tire !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #344
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Why can't they stay little girls?
Oh I don't know, there is an awful lot I like about this age too! If nothing else I get my vampire fix between tv, books and movies that we can share together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
all i can say is i cant believe that was your first ride on TTA, it is slow but ohh such a classic.

glad you guys liked it.

hope it becomes part of your routine on future trips
It was actually our 2nd, Buzz was first. TTA will probably be part of the routine but not necessarily a destination for the first ride.

Quote:
Hi Everyone!! Am I enjoying my DAY off NOOOOOOOO!!! Kyle is home from school supposedly sick !!!

hmmn, that doesn't sound very sick!
Old 09-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #345
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

He washed your car, but he is sick?!?!?! That sounds a little fishy to me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: