Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #1906
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Having melted, we needed to make another stop on the way out

Hey, it was still happy hour and you just can’t beat a half price house margarita! Besides, we were walking right past it to go back to the hotel. We poked our heads into the main Margaritaville first though to see if they had happy hour, since I hadn’t seen it the night before

Music was playing

But the bar was a little quiet

The parrots were hanging

Red neck parrot picture

No happy hour in the bar so back to the Lone Palm for our margaritas. They really hit the spot after getting so overheated at the Agro Circus. Dinner wasn’t until 8:20 so even though it was now 4:30 we still had time for a swim and shower. We would have had time to take the E’s back to the park if they really wanted but everyone had had enough for that day, knowing we still had two more days of parks and preferring to spend our last evening with Sandie and Paul just enjoying each other at the pool and at dinner. And so we did. I didn’t take any pictures of the pool time but recall it as being absolutely perfect. refreshing and not rushed at all

Dinner was at the Hard Rock Café. I did buy the token souvie picture as we didn’t have much of the entire group.

And I tried to take some pictures inside but the lighting and my camera…well, you can see the results

We were seated in here

Kendall got a fancy dinner

And I’ve no idea whose this is

Dinner was fine, about what I expected. Nothing earth shattering, just overpriced for what it is, just like every hard rock café I’ve ever been to. It is VERY cool inside though, supposedly the biggest HRC (maybe in the US? I forget) but it's really really cool, I mean just the suspened pink cadillac was cool!. Though overpriced for what it is, we did have a secret weapon, the All Access Card and that did give us a 10% discount on our entire dinner and then in the store. We eyed items in the store and considered what we might come back later and get, but wanted to see what was at the hotel store first.

After that, I gave up photo taking for the day, save for this last night shot, walking back, our hotel glowing and lighting our way “home”.

Highlights of the day were definitely the WWOHP, Spiderman, Hulk, getting soaked on Jurassic and the Lone Palm Airport.

Lowlights were the Agro show, Posiedon’s Fury and having to wait that long for our lunch reservation. Not to mention the WWOHP crowds, though I’d expected those.

Tomorrow we’d say goodbye to Sandie and Paul and hit Universal Studios. As I mentioned before, none of us had been to the FL version and CA was so long ago that we remembered bits and pieces but that’s about it. We were going into it almost completely clueless, which was weird, but oddly exciting at the same time. And I think, smart. If you have no expectations, it’s much harder to be disappointed!

next, Where are my shorts?

Last edited by eandesmom; 06-25-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #1907
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Loved the Update !!I want to try Mythos for the Decor !!The menu doesn't look that great , but the Theming is worth it !!Afraid if the Family ever goes the Motorcycle show will be a MUST for Kyle !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #1908
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Loved the second update too!!! Judy would LOVE HRC as she is HUGE fan of PH!! She usually spends most of the time walking around looking up !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 06-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #1909
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

gotta love the margaritaville...and good pics of the plane

never had fish tacos, but yours look pretty good...might have to try them sometime.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #1910
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love margaritaville! I have th cutest pictures of Nick and Brian in there when they were about 7 and 8. Pre digital and I'm not into scanning, but take my word for it.

to 1/2 price margaritas.

Well, you know I'll be back to look at the pictures. Can't wait.

Sounds like a pretty perfect, very full day. Sounds like the pool was glorious and yeah to all the 10% off discounts!!! Just think how many ritas that will buy!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #1911
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Wow! You got a lot done that day. The Lone Palm looks cool, even if I don't quite "get" Jimmy Buffet. It was also kind of cool that you all got some time for Taylor to do something he really wanted to do, even if it wasn't as much fun for you. Sounds like a super successful day and I'm looking forward to hearing more. Also, beautiful dress you wore for you HRC dinner picture. Beautiful colors.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 06-20-2011, 08:16 PM   #1912
natebenma
DIS Veteran

OK- I just LOVED this update!!! Mythos- yum and intriguing. And Jeff's adoration of the Hemisphere Dancer cracked me up! Awesome family photo at the Hard Rock!

What a great afternoon and evening!

We will be at US/IoA in 3 weeks!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #1913
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Cynthia. Love Holy Moly - he is adorable.

Evan sure did look like he enjoyed his meal (too bad about the wait though).

You guys sure accomplilshed quite a bit during the day.

I always find my sundresses in Florida...I have a hard time finding them cheap in Chicago.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #1914
MEK
DIS Veteran

Great pix. Love the pix of.....

Kendal & Holy Moly - too cute!
The Boys at lunch
The inside of Mythos
Jeff and the plane
The group shot - especially Taylor with the guitar.

Great pix!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #1915
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Okay, hands down my favorite part of your afternoon was hanging out at the Lone Palm Airport and drinking margaritas! That's the perfect way to spend a hot afternoon!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #1916
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Nice way to get out of the heat.

Can't beat a AAA discount and 10% from the pass.

Interesting show and yup just for the boys.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #1917
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Loved the Update !!I want to try Mythos for the Decor !!The menu doesn't look that great , but the Theming is worth it !!Afraid if the Family ever goes the Motorcycle show will be a MUST for Kyle !!
The food was good, I think you will enjoy it. As long as you don't go in the summer, the show wouldn't be nearly so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Loved the second update too!!! Judy would LOVE HRC as she is HUGE fan of PH!! She usually spends most of the time walking around looking up !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
gotta love the margaritaville...and good pics of the plane
you can't go wrong with Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
never had fish tacos, but yours look pretty good...might have to try them sometime.
fish tacos!

Almost had them for lunch today but decided it was too messy to eat in front of a client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love margaritaville! I have th cutest pictures of Nick and Brian in there when they were about 7 and 8. Pre digital and I'm not into scanning, but take my word for it.
I believe you!!!

Quote:
to 1/2 price margaritas.
I'd love one of those right now, just got back from getting a cast put on Evan's hand. Happy first day of summer!

Quote:
Sounds like a pretty perfect, very full day. Sounds like the pool was glorious and yeah to all the 10% off discounts!!! Just think how many ritas that will buy!
It was wonderful all around (except for the melting at that agro circus show)
Old 06-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #1918
cdotla
Trish

Finally caught up! phew!

HP really does look cool. We probably won't be there for a couple years...we had a special family screening through work of the last HP film and I took Katie, even though neither of us had seen any of the other films. She didn't even last 15 minutes. We had to make a quick exit once the snake slithered onto the table to presumably eat the woman laying on it. After that, Katie has absolutely no interest in anything HP!

It is interesting seeing inside another Park. But do you keep comparing it in your head to Disney?

I really enjoyed seeing Sea World again in 2008, as I hadn't been there in about 20 years. However, the entire time I was there I just kept comparing it to Disney. Most of the times it came up short, except when comparing crowds.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #1919
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Wow! You got a lot done that day. The Lone Palm looks cool, even if I don't quite "get" Jimmy Buffet. It was also kind of cool that you all got some time for Taylor to do something he really wanted to do, even if it wasn't as much fun for you. Sounds like a super successful day and I'm looking forward to hearing more. Also, beautiful dress you wore for you HRC dinner picture. Beautiful colors.
That's ok on Jimmy, I won't take it personally It's just fun fun summer music to me, like vacation in my mind when I hear it. Add a margarita and

Thanks on the dress, that's my cheap sundress I bought at the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
OK- I just LOVED this update!!! Mythos- yum and intriguing. And Jeff's adoration of the Hemisphere Dancer cracked me up! Awesome family photo at the Hard Rock!
What you may not have noticed is that in the plane pictures he is wearing a Hemsiphere Dancer Tshirt that I designed for him as an xmas present and then in the HRC dinenr picture, a different one that he bought the night before at Margaritaville. Evan's wearing a Buffet shirt too...which reminds me I've not seen that one, or his Hard Rock one in a while....hmmn.

Mythos was a fun lunch, I'd do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What a great afternoon and evening!

We will be at US/IoA in 3 weeks!
It was a great day all around.

for 3 weeks! Hopefully I'll get through both parks and the other 2 hotels before you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great updates, Cynthia. Love Holy Moly - he is adorable.
He was cute, the last one too.

Quote:
Evan sure did look like he enjoyed his meal (too bad about the wait though).

You guys sure accomplilshed quite a bit during the day.
we did, it was a good day!

Quote:
I always find my sundresses in Florida...I have a hard time finding them cheap in Chicago.
Makes me wish I'd bought a couple more

Quote:
Great pix. Love the pix of.....

Kendal & Holy Moly - too cute!
The Boys at lunch
The inside of Mythos
Jeff and the plane
The group shot - especially Taylor with the guitar.

Great pix!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #1920
MEK
DIS Veteran

A Cast?????? How LONG is that gonna be on? I hope it's off before cruise time....or at least changed to a water proof cast. I guess it could be worse - it could be a leg.

What happened?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: