Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #1801
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I've been waiting months for the next part of the report because you made a comment on Facebook during that time that had us all wondering what was happening. Of course I can't remember the exact comment but it was something like..."oops....didn't plan for that" something to do with the kids.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #1802
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

There sure were lots of things to say goodbye to....how cool that Mr. Squirrel came out to wish you well.

A nice ending to the Disney portion of the trip. I'm looking forward to the rest.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2011, 09:28 PM   #1803
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a wonderful final morning. I think a character breakfast is a great way to end a trip. Your parting pictures have gotten me very excited. You got some great shots of the BC, as well as SAB and the private entrance to EPCOT. I cannot wait to hear about your trip to the Dark Side, your stay at the Hard Rock, in particular.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 05-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #1804
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Somehow I did not realize/remember that you had this "bonus" portion to your trip so I am looking forward to hearing about "the dark side."
yep, it's like the energizer bunny of trips. It keeps going and going and going...

Quote:
Your goodbyes have me thinking of the book Goodnight, Moon. Loved that book. But hate saying goodbye to my beloved Beach Club and Boardwalk area.
Oh I loved that book too! It makes me smile just thinking about it. It was nice, I felt like the YC got a proper goodbye, though I admit to sweating like a you know what rushing back with 6 lunches to make our towncar time.

Quote:
Cape May looks fun. With all my stays I still haven't done a character breakfast there. The characters look so cute with their beach outfits. Oh well, there's always next time!
It is fun and it's decent food. I admit though, I am really glad we had our change in plans on the girls trip. I'm sure we would have enjoyed it but I wouldn't give up what we did instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Cynthia, what a great way to end your Disney stay with breakfast at Cape May (it is our second favorite character breakfast); I think we had our best CM there ever as well -- they just seem to LOVE their job.
It was a perfect end to the trip. Everyone got into it.

Quote:
Your pictures of the details of the Beach Club (I really want to stay there), the Boardwalk and Yacht Club are great.
Thanks! It's a slippery slope Kathy...you may never want to stay anywhere else.

Quote:
Can't wait to see if Jeff flies, Taylor skates and you guys get pool time at Hard Rock.
we shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Awesome ending to your Disney vacation !!!Are we gonna find out about The Dark Side ??? I am planning a Free Trip there next year
Dark side very very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck, we are in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Great last morning!

Cant wait to hear about the dark side!
It was a great last morning. Dark side is coming up soon!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #1805
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

I gotta tell you, Cynthia...that is EXACTLY what I'm afraid of!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 PM   #1806
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

I'm not worried about that. I refuse to ay the prices except for a day or two and am quite happy at our moderate. But the BC is the only one besides AKL (which, as you kow, we are trying September) I want to try for a coupole of days and your pictures just made me want to do it sooner rather than later (hopefully next year).
Old 05-30-2011, 10:30 PM   #1807
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Such a fantastic ending to a Disney vacation!
I agree that the vibe at the BC is totally different than the YC. But both are so wonderful.
SO different but not in a bad way and interestingly enough, the Villas were kind of their own animal as well, not the same vibe as the hotel (to me) but that was in a very very good way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Can't wait for the Dark Side portion of your tr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Katharina and I will end our Disney vacation with a breakfast at Cape May as well. Sounds like a wonderful plan and I hope we will get the same CM you had, she sounds wonderful!
It was a perfect ending!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
And I am nearly as excited about reading about Universal as you were going there. The Hard Rock Hotel sounds like a wonderful place and I am looking forward to read your opinion!
It was really fun to compare the 3 hotels. All deluxe but all SO different from each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Well I for one think your Disney leg of the trip was great! I loved the hip hop from one resort (wilderness) to Yacht Club... I think that is a great combo, and then like you said to keep going by way of the big bad US, well, that certainly kept your vacation mojo going, I agree!!! I have to decide what order we are doing things, too... mostly b/c we are doing one leg with my parents, and one just us -- But I think we will be staying on property at Disney the whole time... not sure what that is going to look like quite yet, which is WHY I am so excited to keep reading YOUR TR!!!!!
It really did lessen the pain of leaving, knowing we were off to somewhere else that wasn't home! The trifecta of resorts was fun and the differences really fascinating. Not sure I'd want to do it again just because you do lose a day with the travel to the next place but even our travel days were quite good. I'm not opposed to a split stay mind you, but probably wouldn't do 3. I think we will be at Disney the whole time next time though I worry about lines as we'll have at least one day on the dark side. Too early to say though for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post

Great photos, btw.... It is nice not to be completely bummed by the departure. I agree!
Thanks! It was nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Great ending to your Disney part of the vacation. You have some wonderful pictures of the resort, espeically of SAB. It's nice you got you use all of your credits on food for the road.
We were NOT leaving credits on the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
I was laughing as I pictured you loading up your ride. I always say that with the mountain of baby stuff we used to need for Dylan, I felt like a very un-organized traveling circus. Your rock star vs. Clampetts comparison was awesome.
It was comical...but not really. I mean here we are at these deluxe resorts and for the most part, looking pretty presentable and then we have a bazillion bags...lots of them either the to go bags from the bakery...or the dry cleaning bags from our rooms!

Which can leach color onto wet clothes but I'll save that info for another post. I was mildly mortified as we rolled up to the desk at the HRH.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:53 AM   #1808
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm excited to have breakfast at Cape May in November - I loved looking at your pictures.

It's a fun breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I can't wait to hear about the Universal portion of your trip since we're probably going to do a dark side excursion in April.
I think everyone on this thread is planning a dark side trip in the next year, how fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You got some great pictures on your last day. I especially like the first one that says, "Bye Bye SAB" (I am just to lazy to cut and paste it).
it was Sad to say bye bye SAB

Quote:
I feel sad to see your YC time come to an end. The YC quiet pool does look nice.
It's very quiet! Except when it's not

Quote:
I can't believe you had that many credits left on the dining plan. Wowsa - they must have been some very full lunch bags. I love CMC breakfast, too. The characters are some of my favorite because of their festive attire.
It was crazy! We had several thanks to the rainforest lunch but somehow still extra on top of that. Partially due to Sandie and Paul's aborted first day of the plan but somehow we still had 2 extra on top of that, not sure how that happened.

Quote:
So, I am a tad curious to see what's gonna happen with the sea plane and the skate park. Bring on the Hard Rock! I love the guitar theme there. It's perfect.
Jeff was definitely trying to work out some logistics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I'm very excited for your last meal on property- how nice that you were sent off with such a great CM; the fact that they LOVE their job always seems apparent within, ohhh... the first 20 seconds.
yep, that's about it 20 seconds!

Quote:
Hmmmm? Will they fly and skate---- looking forward to that!
will they?

Quote:
Lovely exit photo-montage. Lots to say good-bye to this time around.
There was, I cannot express how much I loved staying there.

Quote:
HA! I love your description of loading up like the Clampetts. LOL! That must have been so funny with your plethora of stuffs.
and slightly mortifying. We had a VAN and could barely fit in. Stuff on our laps, under our feet, it was obnoxious really.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:55 AM   #1809
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Like C said I don't think it registered with me that you were going over to the "dark side" LOL!!!

WOW that's a lot of credits to use up!!! You probably had enough food to feed you guys for awhile!!!

Loved your pictures!! That area is so pretty! I have to say I'm interested in Periwig's Salon I'll have to look into that a bit more!!!!!

Can't wait to see how things go over at Universal (oops am I allowed to say that LOL)!!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 05-31-2011, 05:03 AM   #1810
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Absolutely awesome update!!! I loved the way you said goodbye to YC/BC. What a great morning!

Cape May breakfast- so fun! Yummy food, really cute outfits on the characters, and you had a great CM

Beautiful photos of SAB- BTW, may I "steal" your hot tub photo for the FAQ thread? This is the best one I have seen. (I am already using your YC quiet pool picture on the thread).

Cute squirrel in the topiary. I'm glad he didn't leap out for an upclose and personal farewell. Goodbye BC. Hello rabid squirrel. Hello ER. That would have made for an interesting update!

Nice job using the CS credits up! How did you do with your snack allotments?

Put me on the "Eagerly Awaiting the Dark Side" list.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #1811
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I've been waiting months for the next part of the report because you made a comment on Facebook during that time that had us all wondering what was happening. Of course I can't remember the exact comment but it was something like..."oops....didn't plan for that" something to do with the kids.
VERY good memory Heidi!!!!

And I remember the exact comment

All shall become clear fairly soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
There sure were lots of things to say goodbye to....how cool that Mr. Squirrel came out to wish you well.
He was too funny, poking out of the butterfly like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
A nice ending to the Disney portion of the trip. I'm looking forward to the rest.
It was a nice ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Sounds like you had a wonderful final morning. I think a character breakfast is a great way to end a trip. Your parting pictures have gotten me very excited. You got some great shots of the BC, as well as SAB and the private entrance to EPCOT. I cannot wait to hear about your trip to the Dark Side, your stay at the Hard Rock, in particular.
We really did, it was a great way to end our stay but also a great way to start the day. We were excited for the Hard Rock. We actually visited all 3 US hotels so will report on all as we go.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #1812
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I gotta tell you, Cynthia...that is EXACTLY what I'm afraid of!

Quote:
I'm not worried about that. I refuse to ay the prices except for a day or two and am quite happy at our moderate. But the BC is the only one besides AKL (which, as you kow, we are trying September) I want to try for a coupole of days and your pictures just made me want to do it sooner rather than later (hopefully next year).
Well, I wouldn't do it at rack rate but then again I won't stay anywhere at rack rate!

For me, I prefer YC over BC on the hotel side but I did love the villas and would gladly stay there again!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #1813
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

I just love reading your updates Cythia! We got a sneak peek at your luxurious private entry when we went from Kouzzina to Epcot one night. Now THAT is incentive to stay...and I am mighty interested in that big pirate ship!

I wondered if they closed the IG...how neat would it be to stay at Epcot after everyone else was gone? sounds you were pretty close to that though you were hustling.

Your wrap up photos are great. Looking forward to the next chapter....Tales from the Dark Side

BTW now I have to go back and see all your Tom Sawyer's Island pictures because we did not make it there. darn it. oh well at least I consoled myself with having your pictures to view as long as i can find that post!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #1814
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Like C said I don't think it registered with me that you were going over to the "dark side" LOL!!!
Probably because this TR has gone on forever...

Quote:
WOW that's a lot of credits to use up!!! You probably had enough food to feed you guys for awhile!!!
or at least for a lunch

Quote:
Loved your pictures!! That area is so pretty! I have to say I'm interested in Periwig's Salon I'll have to look into that a bit more!!!!!
I always think I'd love to just get a polish change somewhere on a trip at a place like that, but never do. The concept of an actual cut though scares me.

Quote:
Can't wait to see how things go over at Universal (oops am I allowed to say that LOL)!!!!!
yes, you can say Universal. I can't wait to see what you thought of Cape May, that was an uber cute pic of the 3 of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
196]Absolutely awesome update!!! I loved the way you said goodbye to YC/BC. What a great morning!
Thanks! It was a perfect last morning

Quote:
Cape May breakfast- so fun! Yummy food, really cute outfits on the characters, and you had a great CM

Beautiful photos of SAB- BTW, may I "steal" your hot tub photo for the FAQ thread? This is the best one I have seen. (I am already using your YC quiet pool picture on the thread).
Of course you can

Quote:
Cute squirrel in the topiary. I'm glad he didn't leap out for an upclose and personal farewell. Goodbye BC. Hello rabid squirrel. Hello ER. That would have made for an interesting update!
LOL! That didn't even occur to me but you are right, that would NOT have been good.

Quote:
Nice job using the CS credits up! How did you do with your snack allotments?

Put me on the "Eagerly Awaiting the Dark Side" list.
We used them all up, maybe 1-2 on a last bag of goofy's candy for the E's friends but used them all up. Not sure if Sandie and Paul did to be honest. I don't think, in the future, the dining plan is for them.

Then again, though it was really fun, I don't really see doing this kind of trip with them again either given that K & T are getting older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I just love reading your updates Cythia! We got a sneak peek at your luxurious private entry when we went from Kouzzina to Epcot one night. Now THAT is incentive to stay...and I am mighty interested in that big pirate ship!
It's the best way to enter, SO fun and you are just right THERE in the WS, it's pretty magical!

Quote:
I wondered if they closed the IG...how neat would it be to stay at Epcot after everyone else was gone? sounds you were pretty close to that though you were hustling.
Sounds like a plotline for the Kingdom Keepers. Or Nory if she's reading!

Quote:
Your wrap up photos are great. Looking forward to the next chapter....Tales from the Dark Side
Tales from the dark side, I love it!

Quote:
BTW now I have to go back and see all your Tom Sawyer's Island pictures because we did not make it there. darn it. oh well at least I consoled myself with having your pictures to view as long as i can find that post!
Oh we had so much fun over there! But it is hard to carve out the time as it does take a chunk. Next time!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #1815
manntra
DIS Veteran

I didn't know you were going to the dark side either?!!! Can't wait to hear about your last venture!!
Love all of your good byes and the squirrel picture cracked me up....don't know why!! Great last meal at CM....we have dinner there before MNSSHP but may add breakfast as well
Well if C and I decide to test the IG closing we will have my niece to pull us along in a wagon so we'll be okay

Tracy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: