Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #1771
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Great update, TOOO funny about the gate closing! I mean, well NOT at the time of course Just the reaction you all must have had!!! yikes trying to go down all those steps at the restaurant!! I would have lost it trying to get down those!! Well, dinner seems to have been a great end to your Disney trip, and I love that you all had a table to yourselves, as a group that must be nice. I also love the oragami artist visiting you... neat!

FUN end and I can't wait to see the next bit!

A treehouse would be a great place for a family reunion! Love it! Are you getting excited for your cruise??!! School ends in three weeks for us, too... SO much going on until then!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 05-28-2011, 04:22 AM   #1772
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Great dining reveiw from your last Disney night! The food looks fantastic and it seems that everyone had fun playing around. The pictures of the grilled veggies is making me drool!

TE has long been a favorite for my husband and me- I think we went on our first trip, and several subsequent solo trips as a couple. This was back in the day when you made dinner reservations on the morning of your trip by talking to someone through a tv screen.

Took the kids and the family we traveled with in 2004 and the kids enjoyed it but we haven't done a hibatchi type experience since then until we were in Mexico in February. Go figure!!!

I spend lots of time on the Beach Club FAQ thread, and I have never seen a mention that (or when) the IG closes at night! Heading over there know to instill some panic!

To be so close, yet so far!!!

I wonder if there still were cabs at the front of the EPCOT? I would have done that and put up a holy stink about the fare when I got back into the lobby if I had to do that to get back to the resort.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #1773
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm glad i know about the IG closing! Although the likelihood we'll ever be there that late are slim to none. Just wondering if you think Teppan Edo is worth it. We have some good hibachi places around here now and I just wonder if Teppan Edo is all that different. But Max likes it, so... Thoughts?

I can't believe that your Disney time is coming to an end. It will be interesting to hear about your time on the other side.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 05-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #1774
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I've never heard of the IG closing! That is so different from an experience at Hollywood Studios a few trips ago. They did ask how we were getting home but only to make sure they could accommodate. I may have to test the theory in Oct.

Teppan Edo is somewhere I'd like to try some day!

Have a fun holiday weekend!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #1775
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Your tea looked so nice! I would love to do that one of these days...next time I go with my mom, it's definitely happening!

I had no idea that they close the International Gateway! That's kind of obnoxious, really.
Well and who knows when they really do. I mean it makes sense, they have to close it at some point but who really thinks about those things. The manager was a bit fuzzy on the timing, just that it can and does close at some point and we were cutting it close.

Tea with mom would be perfect, I'd love to do it with mine and hope to on the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Sounds like a great time was had by all for your last meal. I am looking forward to the "Dark Side."
It really was! We were excited for the dark side as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Cynthia the very fist restaurant Kyle asked to go to again was TE or the Volcano restaurant as he calls it !!Everyone agreed with him!!Also went with the consumers on my Free Trip and it was the most popular one for everyone !!!2 of our party got the Chef's hats too and a candle in their desserts !!!So yes it is for birthdays !!I sure hope they do the origami for the kids this August!!
The origami was a ton of fun, I hope they do it for you as well, it really added to the evening. It's good food that pleases almost anyone so great for groups.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:39 AM   #1776
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Add me to the list that had no idea they closed the IG. Makes sense but I guess I never gave it much thought.
We didn't either! It does make sense and I don't know what the timing really is but it would be good to find out the "official" time for future reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Great update, TOOO funny about the gate closing! I mean, well NOT at the time of course Just the reaction you all must have had!!! yikes trying to go down all those steps at the restaurant!! I would have lost it trying to get down those!! Well, dinner seems to have been a great end to your Disney trip, and I love that you all had a table to yourselves, as a group that must be nice. I also love the oragami artist visiting you... neat!

FUN end and I can't wait to see the next bit!
Oh those stairs!!!!!!!!! I forgot about that part The origami was really cute, the kids got very into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
A treehouse would be a great place for a family reunion! Love it! Are you getting excited for your cruise??!! School ends in three weeks for us, too... SO much going on until then!!!
Very excited for the cruise!!! We are telling the boys soon...not sure if my FE will get here in time for it or not but am excited to tell them. We're doing a character call for the reveal which should be cute. I do wish we had our stateroom assignment though, I check daily! A little under 2 weeks and I can book excursions, very happy about that. Less happy about some of the food reviews of the early cruises but am really hoping things improve by ours.

The pictures though, are just stunning. SO glad we went for a verandah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great dining reveiw from your last Disney night! The food looks fantastic and it seems that everyone had fun playing around. The pictures of the grilled veggies is making me drool!

TE has long been a favorite for my husband and me- I think we went on our first trip, and several subsequent solo trips as a couple. This was back in the day when you made dinner reservations on the morning of your trip by talking to someone through a tv screen.

Took the kids and the family we traveled with in 2004 and the kids enjoyed it but we haven't done a hibatchi type experience since then until we were in Mexico in February. Go figure!!!
That's funny! I the veggies, probably my favorite part. I do think we will skip it on the next trip but am sure it will make it back into the line up on the trip after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I spend lots of time on the Beach Club FAQ thread, and I have never seen a mention that (or when) the IG closes at night! Heading over there know to instill some panic!

To be so close, yet so far!!!

I wonder if there still were cabs at the front of the EPCOT? I would have done that and put up a holy stink about the fare when I got back into the lobby if I had to do that to get back to the resort.
Well don't instill too much panic but I'd be curious to see what Tina has to say about it. The manager was fuzzy on the time window, just that at some point it DOES close.

Are there cabs in front of Epcot? I didn't know that.

Either way it would seem to me that the WS TS locations could easily communicate with the IG and it NOT close until all restaurants are empty to be safe.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #1777
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Well, I'm glad i know about the IG closing! Although the likelihood we'll ever be there that late are slim to none. Just wondering if you think Teppan Edo is worth it. We have some good hibachi places around here now and I just wonder if Teppan Edo is all that different. But Max likes it, so... Thoughts?
At Max's age I might worry it's a bit of a long meal but it is good and the kids meal is GREAT as it's not normal Disney kids meal and a great amount of food, either teppan or tempura. If he's been before then he'd know what to expect so you'd be fine.

I wouldn't say the food is better or worse than a local place but certainly equal and with a good chef, immensely entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I can't believe that your Disney time is coming to an end. It will be interesting to hear about your time on the other side.
Amazing huh, 9 months to write about 9 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I've never heard of the IG closing! That is so different from an experience at Hollywood Studios a few trips ago. They did ask how we were getting home but only to make sure they could accommodate. I may have to test the theory in Oct.
That's the funny part to me, I'd have thought after checking how we were getting home they'd just radio the IG or something...not send us into a full fledged panic. I'd tell you to test it but man I wouldn't want to have to figure out the back up plan if you really got locked out as I'm thinking it might involve climbing over fences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Teppan Edo is somewhere I'd like to try some day!

Have a fun holiday weekend!!!
It's a ton of fun with a group but also fun with the random people you can be seated with. I did like the Mt. Fuji quite a bit and the swordfish was a really nice change from the steak which is what I usually get. It was a nice last dinner at Disney.

Have a fun holiday weekend too!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:53 AM   #1778
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Great dinner at Teppan even though the chef wasn't as funny as they normally are! Love that they came and made origami! What a fun touch! My kids would love that!

I never even thought of the IG closing! Wouldn't that have been horrible!?!?

Onward to Universal and Harry Potter!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #1779
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Great dinner at Teppan even though the chef wasn't as funny as they normally are! Love that they came and made origami! What a fun touch! My kids would love that!

I never even thought of the IG closing! Wouldn't that have been horrible!?!?

Onward to Universal and Harry Potter!!!
The origami was such a great surprise. It really would have been a nightmare if it closed.

Onward very very soon, one last Disney morning
Old 05-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #1780
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

We have never eaten there because neither of us really care for seafood and I am not really a red meat eater (other than hamburgers). It always looks like a lot of fun though. We recently ate at a Kobe Steakhouse, which is very similar to it though and we had a lot of fun watching the show. I had chicken, so I didn't stretch my comfort zone too far. Dylan really enjoyed all the fire & watching the guy flip all the food. Maybe we will try that place some day, since it has the Disney twist to it.

I am loving your TR and I can't wait to hear about the dark side too!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #1781
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
We have never eaten there because neither of us really care for seafood and I am not really a red meat eater (other than hamburgers). It always looks like a lot of fun though. We recently ate at a Kobe Steakhouse, which is very similar to it though and we had a lot of fun watching the show. I had chicken, so I didn't stretch my comfort zone too far. Dylan really enjoyed all the fire & watching the guy flip all the food. Maybe we will try that place some day, since it has the Disney twist to it.

They do have Chicken !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #1782
MEK
DIS Veteran

Note to self: DO NOT make 9pm ADR when the IG closes at 11pm when staying at the Epcot resorts. Darn good thing someone told you! That would have been terrible. I guess you would have gone to front of the park and done the taxi thing.

I can't believe its finally time for the Dark Side. Is it wrong to say that I have been looking forward to this?

But I gotta tell you - last month I was totally ready for a non Disney park trip, but I realize there is no way I can do it. I guess we will all have to get APs in December and then go again in the summer AND F&W 2012. How convenient!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-30-2011, 01:55 PM   #1783
ARmom30
Mouseketeer

Hi! I've been lurking through your trip report and have really been enjoying it! I can't wait to hear about the "Park that must not be named."
Old 05-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #1784
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post

The chicken is quite tasty and the veggies are so yum!!! The kids love watching them cook that's for sure.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #1785
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
They do have Chicken !!!
and it's quite tasty too huh Rosie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Note to self: DO NOT make 9pm ADR when the IG closes at 11pm when staying at the Epcot resorts. Darn good thing someone told you! That would have been terrible. I guess you would have gone to front of the park and done the taxi thing.
It's funny, I thought about it as I was writing this, that totally could have happened to us at La Hacienda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can't believe its finally time for the Dark Side. Is it wrong to say that I have been looking forward to this?

But I gotta tell you - last month I was totally ready for a non Disney park trip, but I realize there is no way I can do it. I guess we will all have to get APs in December and then go again in the summer AND F&W 2012. How convenient!
Not wrong at all, we were too! And somehow..... I'm not surprised. VERY convenient I'd say!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: