Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #1726
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

It looked like you had a really nice time at tea. That shot of Kendall that you have framed is really nice.

And I'm glad you made it to the pool!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #1727
cdotla
Trish

Finally all caught up!

I have to admit...you have me thinking twice about that Illuminations Cruise. If money were no object, and time limitless, I would have done this by now. But in my head, I always felt I could have a better view standing around World Showcase, while at the same time soaking up all of the atmosphere I so love around WS at nite. And totally FREE to boot! Now you have me thinking and second guessing....hmmmmmm. You have made a rather convincing case to maybe give this a second look.

Kudos to you for thinking to ask the photopass photographer for a few pics! But tell me...how did you retrieve the photos afterwards?

Just so I am clear...you are thumbs down on the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch, right?

Sounds like a perfect afternoon splitting up for some boy time and girl time. The tea is such a fun girlie thing to do, isn't it?

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner at Teppan Edo. We are looking forward to dining here in October.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #1728
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

What an awesome last day you guys had, the tea looks amazing. I haven't heard that much about this and was happy to hear you guys gave it such a positive review.

Hopefully Teppan Edo did live up to the hype and I can't wait to hear all about it
Old 05-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #1729
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

All of the self-protraits from your tea were hilarious. It's funny how many times you have to try to get one that looks good. I love the picture of the table that is all set up & empty. It is beautiful!

My mom really wanted to do that tea on our last trip, but I had not read anything about it, so we let the idea go. After seeing your review, I know she would have loved it. We will have to remember for next time.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #1730
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Cynthia, the GF Tea looks wonderful... I will certainly have to make plans to do it sometime! You three "proper ladies" look like you're having a practically perfect time!

Kathy
Old 05-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #1731
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great update Cynthia! I love reading about your tea. You may recall that Laura & I had a reservation for tea last fall but didn't make it out of DTD in time! I'm a little sad that we missed it... I'll have to see about trying it out on my next girls trip.

Alex got that same brown ESPN shirt in March. He wears it all the time.
I do remember that! We thought about doing it on our girls trip, some of us had done it, some not, and it really would have been fun. We decided on a different big "extra" instead but it would be lovely with a girlfriend.

I love that shirt, Evan wears it quite a bit too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
It looked like you had a really nice time at tea. That shot of Kendall that you have framed is really nice.

And I'm glad you made it to the pool!
Thanks! I love that picture of her and I'm glad I got to finally go on the slide, even if it was only once. Now I can at least say I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Finally all caught up!

I have to admit...you have me thinking twice about that Illuminations Cruise. If money were no object, and time limitless, I would have done this by now. But in my head, I always felt I could have a better view standing around World Showcase, while at the same time soaking up all of the atmosphere I so love around WS at nite. And totally FREE to boot! Now you have me thinking and second guessing....hmmmmmm. You have made a rather convincing case to maybe give this a second look.
Well, once you split the cost with someone (in our case, Sandie) it's not nearly so painful. I really had the same feeling you did about it, she was far more sold on the idea than I was but I am SO glad we did it and it really was such a different perspective. Absolutely magical and something we will all remember long after the trip.

Quote:
Kudos to you for thinking to ask the photopass photographer for a few pics! But tell me...how did you retrieve the photos afterwards?
I had my card with me so he just scanned it like a regular PP guy would.

Quote:
Just so I am clear...you are thumbs down on the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch, right?
ya think?

Quote:
Sounds like a perfect afternoon splitting up for some boy time and girl time. The tea is such a fun girlie thing to do, isn't it?

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner at Teppan Edo. We are looking forward to dining here in October.
The tea was just wonderful and it sounds like the boys did very boy appropriate things. A good day was had by all.

Teppan will be fun with your large group in Oct, good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
What an awesome last day you guys had, the tea looks amazing. I haven't heard that much about this and was happy to hear you guys gave it such a positive review.

Hopefully Teppan Edo did live up to the hype and I can't wait to hear all about it
It was really fun, I'd read a couple of reviews on it and knew Sandie would like it but wasn't sure if K would get into it or not. I may try to add this in if we do our huge family trip in dec of 2012 and take my mom, sisters and niece. That would be really cool!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #1732
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Loved your "TEA" update !!I am pretty sure Christine and I are doing that in December 2012 !! I have never done it although have been to a few locally and of course do my own version for the Consumers at leat twice a year !!! I love the pretty cups and the elegance of GF !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #1733
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

The GF tea looks lovely! It seems like such a relaxing way to spend the afternoon.

Looking forward to your report on the dark side.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #1734
MEK
DIS Veteran

Well - you look pretty darn good for being drenched right before tea. It looks like a lovely way to spend the afternoon. The food looks delish. So glad you all had a good time while the boys were off eating and shopping. Now there's a switch - the boys shopping and spending.

Great pictures!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #1735
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I agree with Mary Ellen - you look good for a "drowned rat!" I'm so glad you all made it where you needed to be and got to enjoy some nice time together. I really want to take my girls to tea, but they are a little young and I am not sure they'd appreciate it that much yet. Maybe in a couple years...
Great pictures - the rose Kendall shot is beautiful!!

I can't wait to hear how Teppan Edo went! We had so much fun there!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #1736
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Great photos from your tea! It looks like it was so much fun to have some girly time.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #1737
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Cynthia. It looks as if the girls had a great time at the Tea...and I love the photo with the rose.

Great t-shirt...and I agree, sports needs more characters...at least characters of that type.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #1738
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay! I did it! I caught up! Two posts and some conversation! OH, and BTW, those Fizzes are originally named such b/c they are modified from Ramos Fizzes, which are gin based and have an egg white in them! My uncle changed the alcohol to vodka. AND you are right the total is for two blenderfuls.... so mix it all up, cut it in half with ice and blend, TWICE!!! Once you fill everyone's glasses, of course!!! Not pink lemonade, though! I wondered how that tasted!!!??? I bet good?

So the train that left you deserted! Oh man, I would have been worried! But you always seem to just roll with these things, but I guess in that situation what could you do!! You know we have never done that train, etc. Always other things we are doing want to do, etc. GLAD you got to do Kali, though, and you don't look worse for it at your Tea!! SO Much fun.. I would love to do that one time, but alas with my boys, not a chance!!! DH and I did Tea at the Ritz on our honeymoon in London. It was quite an affair! I would totally do that again, and with Mrs. Potts, why not!! Champagne was definitely a must!

Great photos of you all....

Can't wait to hear about Teppan Edo...one restaurant we have not been to... I can't get past Tokyo Dining!

I can't believe you are leaving Disney I am sure your trip felt longer than the posts!! Or maybe because I am reading them all together!! LOL! But, it sure seems like you got your R & R and family time in even still, and just had a nice time... The illuminations cruise does seem like a wonderful way to celebrate together.. CANNOT wait to hear your take on the next leg of your trip!!! That is our destination in 2012!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 05-23-2011, 01:43 AM   #1739
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Cynthia! I'm glad to see you finally got rescued from your stalled out train! Now, I would not have felt so smug, as I and my nephew nearly succumbed to heat stroke on our 2007 trip. It was the first truly hot day of the year, and we went from cart to cart and stand to stand all day trying to get something to drink. The computers kept shutting down due to the heat and the carts were closed. It was really difficult to get a drink. I finally had to throw a fit on the steps of one snack stand that was closing, and the manager let me in. Bad Form, Disney. The hottest park in the World, and no drinks to be had! sorry, this is just a sore spot for me

Your tea party was so special! It is wonderful to see the 3 of you having so much fun together! I'm glad you had such a perfect afternoon together - AND you got some pool time in too! Looking forward to your Teppan Edo dinner!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #1740
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, I am really loving your TR! I am still in awe about how you managed that large and diverse group... And wow, a trip with your side of the family! It sounds like it would be a very fun event!! I will be looking forward to that report, especially since I have met a few of the cast in person!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: