Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #1681
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I’ll admit, the interior, for whatever reason (heat, who knows) didn’t hold anyone’s interest for all that long once we finished with the froggy dudes. Not sure why ,as interestingly enough 2 weeks later the zoo is where Eric wanted his birthday party and to me, this felt like I was a the zoo in many ways. It was crowded though and we were all a little impatient. We knew our time in AK was drawing to a close and this adventure had taken more time than we'd estimated but...we didn't want to rush the kids either.

Heading outside, we checked out these guys

And got a little personal with some

It was now noon. We were supposed to be in DTD btw 1:30-2 and we had Kali FP’s burning a hole in our pocket. Our plan was to hop the train, refresh ourselves on Kali (which would make me NOT so lovely for the tea but I was so hot I really didn’t care) and then get to DTD as fast as humanly possible, which we figured would be by cab or bus, whatever we saw first, from AKL. Fortunately the rest of our gang was running late, laundry taking longer than expected (while K swam lol) and so they'd be there closer to 2 as well.

Which, we realized was pushing it.

As we walked up, a train left. We hung out, checking out the waiting area.
We found a hidden Mickey

Honestly, there wasn’t all that much to take pictures of!

Soon…we heard this

“Train service has been suspended due to a medical emergency

Guess what? Conservation Station is a one way route. Train in. Train out. No other options.

Last edited by eandesmom; 05-21-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #1682
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

that is one of hte biggest frogs i have ever seen.

and i bet you guys freaked out and took of running down the tracks.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #1683
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Oh my, what a cliffhanger!!!

Yeah, I don't mind skipping Rafiki's these days. It was fun when we had tots who wanted to pet a goat, but other than that....

At least you got to see some of the Tree of Life, and "It's Tough to Be a Bug".
Old 05-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #1684
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

OOOH NOOOOOO!!!!!

What's that they say about the best laid plans?

Even when they're not the best laid out, they seem to go awry!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #1685
KatMark
DIS Veteran

What is with everyone on the DIS lately and cliffhangers? Cynthia, I can't wait to hear what is next. We've not been on that train ride in probably ten years and I haven't missed it one bit.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #1686
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Stranded at Rafiki's Planet Watch ???!!?!?!?!?!

Oh that would have made me antsy, plans at DTD or not. Just not having a way back gets me twitching.

Obviously you got out but that is one story for the TR.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 05-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #1687
MEK
DIS Veteran

Are you freak'in kidding me?????? Now that stinks, big time (I had originally written something else but decided I didn't want to be censored).

Can you say, "UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I have been to Rafiki's once, but it was on a very cool day. I can't imagine being there in the summer heat, stuck, and very much wanting to go on Kali RR.

Please tell me you made it to Kali and just skipped DTD. I certainly hope so.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #1688
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Great cliffhanger! Cannot wait to see what happens. Thanks for sharing your pictures of Planet Watch. Even given your experience, I think its a must-do for us on our next trip. Max loves trains. Great picture of Devine, too. I've yet to see her. I did, however, get to see FOLK and we loved it. But again, that's why there will always be more trips!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #1689
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Okay, now I've answered my question from my TR - you have already been to HI. I see you came back while we were gone! I don't know why we're not friends on FB, but I friended you, so I can 't wait to see your pics! Glad you had a good time. Then we missed your DL while we were cruising!

Your Illuminations cruise turned out perfectly! I love the pizza on the boat idea!
Oh No! I think RP is such a waste of time - especially the time it takes for the train - and now you are stuck! Probably an emergency because someone got heat stroke - they don't have enough to drink in AK and it gets so hot!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #1690
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Mary Ellen took the words right out of my mouth! "No freak'in way!!!"

Stuck there would have been my worst nightmare- until I actually found some fun there. But then again, my idea of fun is off the beaten path sometimes. Hope you get to that tea!!

Old 05-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #1692
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
that is one of hte biggest frogs i have ever seen.
Isn't he something else? I admit, I didn't remember the frog AT ALL until I saw the pictures when writing the update and went HOLY CATS that's a fat frog! He's like something out of a movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
and i bet you guys freaked out and took of running down the tracks.
Somehow I don't think that would have gone too well but we did re-look at the mpa to confirm there was absolutely no way we could just walk back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oh my, what a cliffhanger!!!

Yeah, I don't mind skipping Rafiki's these days. It was fun when we had tots who wanted to pet a goat, but other than that....
It was cute. Good to know what it is I guess as it could be decades before I go back as the kids are getting too old for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
At least you got to see some of the Tree of Life, and "It's Tough to Be a Bug".
That we did! I admit that Jeff and I were feeling a bit thwarted at that point, having wanted a nice AK morning and approaching noon feeling like we'd actually done next to nothing and certainly nothing that had actually been on our list. Actually I think Jeff was more peeved about the fact that he'd been railroaded into the Rainforest Cafe lunch by a 17 year old and grandma and it would cut our time significantly short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
OOOH NOOOOOO!!!!!

What's that they say about the best laid plans?

Even when they're not the best laid out, they seem to go awry!
Isn't that the truth! Though more often than not, it really works out in magical ways. Or at least I tell myself that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What is with everyone on the DIS lately and cliffhangers? Cynthia, I can't wait to hear what is next. We've not been on that train ride in probably ten years and I haven't missed it one bit.
Yeah, I won't miss it for at least 10. Maybe 20!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #1693
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Stranded at Rafiki's Planet Watch ???!!?!?!?!?!

Oh that would have made me antsy, plans at DTD or not. Just not having a way back gets me twitching.

Obviously you got out but that is one story for the TR.
Twitchy is a PERFECT way to describe how Jeff was handling it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Are you freak'in kidding me?????? Now that stinks, big time (I had originally written something else but decided I didn't want to be censored).
no joke. wish it was. though I'd love to know what you originally wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Can you say, "UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I have been to Rafiki's once, but it was on a very cool day. I can't imagine being there in the summer heat, stuck, and very much wanting to go on Kali RR.

Please tell me you made it to Kali and just skipped DTD. I certainly hope so.
We shall see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Great cliffhanger! Cannot wait to see what happens. Thanks for sharing your pictures of Planet Watch. Even given your experience, I think its a must-do for us on our next trip. Max loves trains. Great picture of Devine, too. I've yet to see her. I did, however, get to see FOLK and we loved it. But again, that's why there will always be more trips!
Tina, I think Max is at the perfect age for it actually, I know our perspective on it, had we done it when the boys were younger would have been vastly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Okay, now I've answered my question from my TR - you have already been to HI. I see you came back while we were gone! I don't know why we're not friends on FB, but I friended you, so I can 't wait to see your pics! Glad you had a good time. Then we missed your DL while we were cruising!
Hi friend!

Quote:
Your Illuminations cruise turned out perfectly! I love the pizza on the boat idea!
Yeah, not sure why I vetoed that thought when I booked it. It did cross my mind and I think I was apalled at the pizza prices, or thought it would be bad pizza, or just really wanted proper use of dining credits, not sure. I'd do it again in heartbeat.

Quote:
Oh No! I think RP is such a waste of time - especially the time it takes for the train - and now you are stuck! Probably an emergency because someone got heat stroke - they don't have enough to drink in AK and it gets so hot!!!
you might be onto something there...
Old 05-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #1694
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Mary Ellen took the words right out of my mouth! "No freak'in way!!!"

Stuck there would have been my worst nightmare- until I actually found some fun there. But then again, my idea of fun is off the beaten path sometimes. Hope you get to that tea!!
Well...you'd have to get out of line to be off the beaten path so that did pose a wee bit of a challenge

Though I dunno...."the laughing place" song OVER and OVER and OVER while stuck on splash, in an odd way, made us a bit more tolerant of the delay than we might otherwise have been. At least we weren't trapped in a log next to a frog that wouldn't stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Zach really enjoyed going out to Planet Watch this year & recongnized that fat frog in your TR!

I hope you guys didn't get delayed too much...
How funny! That frog was crazy.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: