Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #1651
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

The cruise sounds like so much fun and wow! My family would have been happy with that meal, as well!

(And now, I have Jimmy Buffett in my head, as well, making for a great Friday afternoon!)

Old 04-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #1652
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Seemed like you had the perfect event for your group there! I am glad that your last night at Disney ended on a high note! I can't belive that the Disney portion of your trip is nearly over, but I am looking forward to reading about Universal and everyone's thought about that. I wonder wether the teens were more in their element there?
Well we have a full day and night and a morning still so not quite over!

I was interested to see how they did over there as well. Though mind you, Kendall was really fine at WDW, it was Taylor who whined and claimed he was only excited about Universal.

I need to get caught up on yours, I started but then work got in the way. But promise to when I get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'm all caught up (finally!) I love that everything just fell into place that night for the cruise!
I'm very behind on yours Am going to really get on top of things when I get back. It really did fall into place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
What a perfect evening! So glad everything worked out.
The Illuminations cruise sounds absolutely magical.
It was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey! Welcome back! Glad you had a great getaway in Hawaii! Nice update on the trip report, too! The beginning of the cruise seems great, and pizza on the boat also fun! We like the boardwalk pizza! I also agree those photos that the PP photographer took are wonderful! Too many slushies.. hmmm.. yep, AA would be the kiss of death for me too!
I only had one! But, it had been a long very full heat filled day and I think it caught up with me.

I can't wait to hear about your cruise!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Can't wait to hear all about your antics this weekend! YAY!!! you ladies are going to have a great time!
SO excited! Melissa is there, Mary Ellen is in the air, then Jen. I'm on a red eye tonight and Tracy and Christine get in tomorrow. in just over 24 hours we'll all be together!

I have my boarding pass and you'll be happy to know, we ordered the ingredients for those lemon fizzes as part of our GG order...I just picked up the vodka. So you'll be with us in that sense. It's the last thing I have to pack. Or darn close to it lol.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #1653
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Wow. That was a an amazing update, Cynthia. (And welcome back to the mainland, by the way.) The first pictures you posted of everyone getting ready to get on the boat, and then the Photopass pics, really just showed how much you seemed to all be enjoying spending time with eachother. Everyone looks incredibly relaxed and happy. And coming up with the pizza and the wine, not to mention surprising everyone with the ride itself...you seem to have a secret stash of Pixie dust somewhere.
Not sure about the secret stash (though that would be cool!) but things really did work out with a minimum amount of stress amazingly enough. It was just a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
And I completely agree that there isn't much better in this world then walking hand in hand (or slushie in hand ) with your love around World Showcase at night. World Showcase at night is a completely magical place for me. OK, its pretty darn magical in the daylight, too, but those torches really seem to add something.
It is magical at night. And....more so without kids to be honest. Not that I don't LOVE my kids (and inlaws lol) but it was really special, just the two of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Great idea to get pizza, glad you ran into that photopass photographer, he got some really good shots. I have always wanted to go a fireworks cruise but we keep getting conflicting information as to whether Bill could stay in his wheelchair for it. I will just have to go up to one of the boats and see the opening for myself one day .
Good question Tracy, I'm not sure how big that opening is and if there is a place for the chair. I don't recall it as being that big but I honestly have no idea. If you know the width you'd need I can peek at the Marina on our girls trip this weekend. Just let me know, I'd be happy to check! I bet the folks at the little marina office would know off the top of their heads but the boats are right there and I'll be right there so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
It was wonderful you got to have a mini date night, I love grey goose slushies!! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!
It was a lovely date!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I was a a little bit behind and I thank you for the links it makes it so much easier to catch up. What a great idea to have pizza on the boat and it even fixed all your dining credits. Glad to hear you had fun in Hawaii. What a great morning you had with the E's in MK. My dd loved the tree house. We had the whole thing to ourselves for about 30 min when we were there and she had so much fun on it. We never did get over to the island and I know she would love that too.
I'm behind on my linking but will clean stuff up for sure when we get back. How very cool you had the treehouse to yourself! She would love TSI, it was so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Great day!! It worked out so well for you in the end - that must have felt good after the chaos with the dining etc. I could totally go for some pizza and wine tonight!

I'm glad that your camera battery died - not because I didn't want to see pictures (I agree, mine never turn out!), but because you got to truly enjoy yourself and that is worth a thousand pictures!
I was glad it died too! And, the early fiasco seemed fortuitous at the end, for sure.

Quote:
Looking forward to your family's take on WWoHP etc. My DD10 just started reading the HP books and now wants to go there. I told her she'd have to read them all first! She doesn't do much in the way of thrill rides, and I don't want to spend all that much $ if she doesn't get more out of it than one little area of the park.
You'll get our take on it for sure, and given we had so many ages, a lot of different viewpoints. Reading all the books is a good idea. So, honestly, is seeing all the movies. Only 3 of us had but it did really add to our experience compared to the others. I'm looking forward to talking about it finally! But..we still have a day and half before that starts however I'm hoping once I get back, to get back to some more timely updates. I'd like to finish this in time to do a cruise PTR after all.

Quote:
Glad your Hawaii trip was so wonderful - I am so jealous!!! and now the next trip is just around the corner! Have a great time!!
It is TONIGHT! I'm on the red eye. Packed and ready to go, boarding pass printed! Just a lot of work to do first. real work though, not trip work lol. Hawaii was fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
The cruise sounds like so much fun and wow! My family would have been happy with that meal, as well!

(And now, I have Jimmy Buffett in my head, as well, making for a great Friday afternoon!)
DING DING DING someone recognized it! I LOVE that song. I have a whole "beach music" playlist on my ipod that we listened to a LOT in Hawaii. I love that song.

Even though we didn't go on a boat, I figured it worked since we were sitting on our lanai looking at boats, listing to some Jimmy, and drinking rum and coke. Which counts as a boat drink in my book.

I agree, it's a fine song to have stuck in your head on a Friday afternoon.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #1654
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

LOL, I absolutely love Jimmy Buffett--I guess it takes another parrot-head to get it, lol.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #1655
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
LOL, I absolutely love Jimmy Buffett--I guess it takes another parrot-head to get it, lol.
Probably. I was struggling with the title for this one and while red wine, in my book, isn't truly a boat drink...it still worked and made me smile. Which is really what it's all about.

Jeff learned something new about me on our Hawaii trip. I know all the words to all of the songs on the 4 album set Bars, Boats, Beaches and Ballads. And those on the Beach Boys Endless Summer.

It was pretty funny. Or at least he thought so.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #1656
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Have a fabulous girls trip!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #1657
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a great cruise!!! I bet that was so much fun and everyone looks like they are having a wonderful time!!! Good idea to get pizza and wine!

Hope you are having a great girls' trip!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #1658
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Work Drama this week has made me super behind in all my threads!!Next week I am taking some time OFF and will be catching up hopefully!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 04-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #1659
norybell
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful night! I'm dying to go on an Illuminations cruise.
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #1660
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Your cruise sounds wonderful! every one just hanging out, enjoying munchies and a beautiful evening boat ride.

and I am so jealous of your date night with hubby. Our DD is far too young to be alone, even sleeping, for us to do this. sigh. some other time. but it sounds awesome!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #1661
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Hi everyone! Hoping to do some catching up this weekend but just wanted to say HI! Back from our Flower and Garden girls trip, we had a blast and a LOT of laughs. And as Jennifer so aptly put it on FB...Happy HOURS.

I do like the one day back and work and then it's the weekend factor.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #1662
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Cynthia. Can't wait to hear all about it.

RIP Genie
Old 05-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #1663
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

WELCOME HOME, Cynthia!!! OH goodness! I can't wait to about everything!!

Old 05-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #1665
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Cynthia! Can't wait to hear the details of your trip!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: