Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #1636
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great update Cynthia!!! The Illuminations cruise looks like a wonderful way to spend an evening!! YAY for Pizza and Wine!!!! I love being able to see fireworks in new and wonderful ways so I will have to think on this as it looks SO much fun!!!!!

YAY for a date night!!! EPCOT at night is just beautiful!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 04-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #1637
manntra
DIS Veteran

The cruise sounds like such a great idea...glad everyone was surprised and felt special
Good job putting the Captain right to work! She is very multi-talented
Too funny that you fell asleep in AA (another never seen confession ) Must be something about America, air conditioning and naps!

See ya real soon!!

Tracy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #1638
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

What an amazing evening, the cruise looks incredible and how fun that your dinner plans being canceled worked to your advantage.

Can't wait for more
Old 04-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #1639
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Ahhhh, what a perfect night!!! I'm so glad it all worked out so wonderfully! And yes, you have officially got me on wanting a fireworks cruise.

I agree with you on the tuna sandwich too-SO GOOD! I wonder if that recipe is out on AllEars...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 04-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #1640
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Seemed like you had the perfect event for your group there! I am glad that your last night at Disney ended on a high note! I can't belive that the Disney portion of your trip is nearly over, but I am looking forward to reading about Universal and everyone's thought about that. I wonder wether the teens were more in their element there?
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 04-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #1641
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I'm all caught up (finally!) I love that everything just fell into place that night for the cruise!

Old 04-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #1642
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
That cruise sounds like it was a lot of fun!!!!! How cool that you could just walk down to the pier and board the buses, that must have saved a lot of time! Nice that the weather didn't go bad on you guys as well, that could have been sad . I also find it entertaining that you also refer to universal as the "Dark Side" or at least i'm guessing that is what you are talking about. My family and I called it "The Place that Must Not Be Named". We called it that because of the fact that they now have the Harry Potter Land (Our only reason to venture over there).
It was lovely to just walk out our back door and straight to the marina, literally 5 minutes from our room!

The fact that we were staying at the YC was a huge part of why we chose the cruise over some other "special" options that were on the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Awesome Cynthia! What a great idea to get pizza for the boat ride. It solved so many issues.

Your night sounded fantastic. Now I might have to think about doing that!
I was SO grateful they could do it. Obviously we could have gotten it to our room on that short notice but as it technically fell into catering and they'd been so insistent on deadline I was really worried. You guys would LOVE the cruise!

Depending on where I was staying, I'd consider the Wishes one. Not sure which resort would do catering for it but it really was fun having more than just chips and soda on the boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Cynthia, what a terrific update. The cruise sounds absolutely awesome and it looks as if hte kids really enjoyed it. I really need to look into that for Mark and I one of these days. The photopass pictures are really good too.
Thanks!

I can't recommend it enough, it was absolutely magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
What a beautiful ending to a simply perfect day!! Everything about it, from the pizza straightening out the credits, to the rain holding off at a distance- it was just great! I love how you captured the essence of the evening for us and that it was one of your best highlights of the whole trip! Those memories last a lifetime.
It really was a perfect day! From the beginning with and the boys having a magcial breakfast on main street to a romantic end to the night holding hands and sipping slushies strolling around the world...perfect.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:20 PM   #1643
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

What a perfect evening! So glad everything worked out.
The Illuminations cruise sounds absolutely magical.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #1644
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey! Welcome back! Glad you had a great getaway in Hawaii! Nice update on the trip report, too! The beginning of the cruise seems great, and pizza on the boat also fun! We like the boardwalk pizza! I also agree those photos that the PP photographer took are wonderful! Too many slushies.. hmmm.. yep, AA would be the kiss of death for me too!

Can't wait to hear all about your antics this weekend! YAY!!! you ladies are going to have a great time!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 04-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #1645
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Wow. That was a an amazing update, Cynthia. (And welcome back to the mainland, by the way.) The first pictures you posted of everyone getting ready to get on the boat, and then the Photopass pics, really just showed how much you seemed to all be enjoying spending time with eachother. Everyone looks incredibly relaxed and happy. And coming up with the pizza and the wine, not to mention surprising everyone with the ride itself...you seem to have a secret stash of Pixie dust somewhere. And I completely agree that there isn't much better in this world then walking hand in hand (or slushie in hand ) with your love around World Showcase at night. World Showcase at night is a completely magical place for me. OK, its pretty darn magical in the daylight, too, but those torches really seem to add something.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 04-28-2011, 01:13 AM   #1646
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Great idea to get pizza, glad you ran into that photopass photographer, he got some really good shots. I have always wanted to go a fireworks cruise but we keep getting conflicting information as to whether Bill could stay in his wheelchair for it. I will just have to go up to one of the boats and see the opening for myself one day .

It was wonderful you got to have a mini date night, I love grey goose slushies!! Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #1647
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I was a a little bit behind and I thank you for the links it makes it so much easier to catch up. What a great idea to have pizza on the boat and it even fixed all your dining credits. Glad to hear you had fun in Hawaii. What a great morning you had with the E's in MK. My dd loved the tree house. We had the whole thing to ourselves for about 30 min when we were there and she had so much fun on it. We never did get over to the island and I know she would love that too.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #1648
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hi!

Sorry I've bene so MIA lately. I have lots and lots of catching up to do, but I just wanted to say hi, I'm still here.
You have VERY good reasons my friend!

I'm hideously behind everywhere (as usual lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
the cruise does look like a lot of fun, i might have to check into that for the next trip.
Oh you guys would love it! It's a splurge, but great with a group. Boat seats 9....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Cynthia - I did not realize the cruise was a surprise. Nice!

And - it just occurred to me that you probably don't need a park ticket to do the cruise. That is definitely a thought for my December trip. What a surprise that would be if I planned it without Denny and Nick knowing.

Hmmmmmm - something to think about. I really like that idea.
Nope, you wouldn't need park tickets. That would be a great surprise!!!! I'm not sure if the Wishes one can leave from WL or if it's GF only but that's close to VWL so could be a cool option for that trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The picture of your captain opening the bottle of wine cracked me UP!

Oh - and way to rock the photopass pictures. I love, love, love the one with tinkerbell.

I hope you don't mind, but I am really looking forward to hearing about the dark side. Nick really wants to go to Universal if we don't buy a Disney park pass (which I don't think we will). I think two days at Universal would work out really well for us and I really want to know how to work the whole Harry Potter thing.
Now why would I mind? I will freely admit that we loved the dark side. There, I've said it.

She was SUCH a great captain, really loved her job.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #1649
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great day!! It worked out so well for you in the end - that must have felt good after the chaos with the dining etc. I could totally go for some pizza and wine tonight!

I'm glad that your camera battery died - not because I didn't want to see pictures (I agree, mine never turn out!), but because you got to truly enjoy yourself and that is worth a thousand pictures!

Looking forward to your family's take on WWoHP etc. My DD10 just started reading the HP books and now wants to go there. I told her she'd have to read them all first! She doesn't do much in the way of thrill rides, and I don't want to spend all that much $ if she doesn't get more out of it than one little area of the park.

Glad your Hawaii trip was so wonderful - I am so jealous!!! and now the next trip is just around the corner! Have a great time!!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #1650
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a great update Cynthia!!! The Illuminations cruise looks like a wonderful way to spend an evening!! YAY for Pizza and Wine!!!! I love being able to see fireworks in new and wonderful ways so I will have to think on this as it looks SO much fun!!!!!

YAY for a date night!!! EPCOT at night is just beautiful!

It was really really special, I highly recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
The cruise sounds like such a great idea...glad everyone was surprised and felt special
Good job putting the Captain right to work! She is very multi-talented
She rocked! We all felt special, it was really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Too funny that you fell asleep in AA (another never seen confession ) Must be something about America, air conditioning and naps!

See ya real soon!!

Tracy
I know, I felt extremely unpatriotic at the end of the day. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
What an amazing evening, the cruise looks incredible and how fun that your dinner plans being canceled worked to your advantage.

Can't wait for more
It worked out really really well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Ahhhh, what a perfect night!!! I'm so glad it all worked out so wonderfully! And yes, you have officially got me on wanting a fireworks cruise.
It was magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I agree with you on the tuna sandwich too-SO GOOD! I wonder if that recipe is out on AllEars...
Mnn! Sounds good right now actuall!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: