Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #1066
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamouse1 View Post
As ttig34 mentioned... this clearly is a loose policy as many people are reporting getting biscuits as their appetizer. Sounds like you drew the short straw on servers
We, also, had the biscuits as an appetizer without any problems. Also, the WOC meal plan seems to be based on money spent, not actual items ordered (i.e. total cost vs. 1 app., 1 entree or 1 entree, 1 dessert). We didn't follow the general menu plan, but our total was high enough that our server gave us the WOC FPs without hesitation.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #1067
Royal Consort
And I thought a Park Hopper was just a Kangaroo in a native reserve.

We're going to WOC for the first time at the end of the year. We had planned on eating at Carthay but not because of the WOC FP, just because we thought it looked worth doing.

From this discussion it seems my best bet is to pop a blue FP in the morning and line up approx 90 mins before the show to get a decent view near a rope.

Does this sounds like a better plan than the Carthay FP strategy?
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #1068
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Consort View Post
We're going to WOC for the first time at the end of the year. We had planned on eating at Carthay but not because of the WOC FP, just because we thought it looked worth doing.

From this discussion it seems my best bet is to pop a blue FP in the morning and line up approx 90 mins before the show to get a decent view near a rope.

Does this sounds like a better plan than the Carthay FP strategy?
Will you be at the parks for several days? If so, and if you were planning to eat at CCR anyway, why not do both and compare views? WOC is a great show and worth seeing more than once.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #1069
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeDarkstar
so now to be up front its blue not green or yellow so I can get blue fp and get right up front right? By being there hour in half early or so
That is what I saw on Aug 21 -- a blue pass let you go all the way to the front center wet zone.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #1070
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

thanks
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #1071
AndyR
DIS Veteran

Here's the vid from my P&S from Friday's show from the CCR Preferred railing viewing spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPLUZ35tYmc

Andy
2008 Mar DL Repo Mini Meet, Aug Captain Jack's Panama EB Repo
2009 Feb Contemporary (DSIL gets's married @ Grand Floridian), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Mar - Disneyland, Jul - Boardwalk
2010 Mar AKL - Sept Grand Californian, Nov Grand Californian
2011 Jan Boardwalk & Dream Maiden Voyage, DL March, Apr GCH, June, GCH, Aug - Bay Lake Tower, Oct Wonder 7nt MR
2012 June - Panama Pirate Reunion on Fantasy - There's the Jack I know....
2013 April - Tokyo Disney, August - Aulani, Sept - Disneyland, Oct - Disneyland MHP, Dec - Grand Cali.
2014 Mar - GCH, July DCL Alaska, Oct DCL Magic B2B Southern & Repo

AndyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #1072
chickyann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR
Here's the vid from my P&S from Friday's show from the CCR Preferred railing viewing spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPLUZ35tYmc

Andy
Beautiful, thanks for sharing
Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #1073
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

I thought I would let you know of two experiences we had at WOC last week.

First and you would have to know my ex to know he was not doing this for extra privileges, he got separated from us a week ago Wednesday late afternoon, we was on the pier and sitting in woc seating. When they tried to move him out because they were preparing for the show, he asked to stay, they said no he would néed a woc FP ticket and get in line. He had a fast pass but had no idea what for so he pulled out his wallet and out came his 100% disabled vet and purple heart, the cm apologized and told him thank you for the service and feel free to just sit here and watch the show. I thought that was extra magical, he texted us and told us to go home without him he was staying for the show since he got his fast pass, his fast pass was for a ride not the show by the way.

Second, just to let those with disabilities that have the hand held device, I used it for woc on Thursday. I went to guest relationship and asked for the device and fast pass tickets. We waited until everyone else went in and then walked up to our yellow pole, but again with my ex's cane and me with dog they asked if we wanted to sit, we said yes, they took us middle second tier, don't know if that was still yellow or not but it was close to water. The kids sat against fence, we sat on bench, was not crowded at all, with the device I could hear the discribtion of everything going on and being up close I could see the different colors coming up. It was great, could still be a little better but for the most part it was great and being able to sit with the dog and device in a not so crowded place was a special treat, I could concintrate on the show and not my feet, or being knocked over, or having someone step on the dog and all those other things.

My ex loved both the shows and Thanks the cm who allowed him to sit both shows.
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #1074
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

Oh by the looks of the post showing colors we would have been seating in the preferred seating right up front and center. We where in front of the circle part, there were a few people down a step in front of us and then it was us up a few feet and sitting on a bench with just a few w/c people around us. Maybe because it was a very slow day at the park but these were perfect seats, even for the blind.
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #1075
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

I think my head is going to explode!
I tried reading the whole thread but kinda pooped out.

Let me see if I got this straight.

There are 3 sections now. Yellow, Blue and Green.

Blue is good, and you can get a FP for that section at 9am (we are staying at the GC)
Yellow can be good too, and you don't need a FP for that.

Green comes only with PD....

Right?

DS 10 DS 7

jkstewart1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #1076
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
I think my head is going to explode!
I tried reading the whole thread but kinda pooped out.

Let me see if I got this straight.

There are 3 sections now. Yellow, Blue and Green.

There are 3 sections: Blue, Yellow, and Preferred Dining. There is no Green section (the green is used to highlight Preferred Dining on the map).

Blue is good, and you can get a FP for that section at 9am (we are staying at the GC)
Yellow can be good too, and you don't need a FP for that.

A FP is required to view WOC from the Paradise Park viewing area in any section. You will not be allowed into the viewing area without a FP. Think of the FP as your ticket to the show.

All sections have good and bad viewing. There is no one section that guarantees good views for everyone.

Green comes only with PD....

Again, there is no Green section. Preferred Dining is its own area and has been broken down into WCT lunch, WCT dinner, and CCR. Disney appears to be working this out on a daily basis. Read through the last few pages of this thread to get the latest info on which Preferred Dining FP goes where.

Right?
Hope this helps! Don't get discouraged or overwhelmed -- WOC is a great show and worth the effort!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #1077
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
Hope this helps! Don't get discouraged or overwhelmed -- WOC is a great show and worth the effort!
Thanks!

Okay.. so Yellow, Blue and PD.

I don't want to do the PD route. And we are staying at the GC... so my best bet is to get a FP (showticket) as early as possible and then get in line as early as possible for either the blue or yellow section.

Can kids be on shoulders? at WDW there is a huge debate about this for parades. How do kids see if they are not in the front row at WOC? and How would/do adults see if there are kids on shoulders?

There really isn't a 'better bet' with either blue or yellow? Are there different FP arrival times? Like... they start letting people in before other people?

Thanks in advance!

DS 10 DS 7

Old 09-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #1078
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstewart1800 View Post
Thanks!

Okay.. so Yellow, Blue and PD.

I don't want to do the PD route. And we are staying at the GC... so my best bet is to get a FP (showticket) as early as possible and then get in line as early as possible for either the blue or yellow section.

When are you visiting? Depending on the time of year, you might not need to line up so early for WOC FPs. During Thanksgiving or Christmas holidays, yes, better safe than sorry. But during an off peak time, there could be FPs available into the afternoon.
The more time you give yourself to wait for a good spot, the better your chances. Plan on 60-90 minutes, depending on the crowds. The second show (if there is one) can be easier for finding good spots.

Can kids be on shoulders? at WDW there is a huge debate about this for parades. How do kids see if they are not in the front row at WOC? and How would/do adults see if there are kids on shoulders?

If you don't have to put your child on your shoulders, don't. It really creates a viewing block for those behind you. If you put your child on your hip, his/her head should be about level (shoulder level or higher) with yours. If you can see, the child can see. Of course, the view will be better if you are right at the front or right behind a railing with no one in front of you, but even if you are not right at the front, putting the child on your hip or having them stand on their stroller should be fine. Being considerate of those around you will go a long way toward building good will and sharing good vibes (remember, you're going to be next to these people for a while).

There really isn't a 'better bet' with either blue or yellow? Are there different FP arrival times? Like... they start letting people in before other people?

It really depends on your preference. Blue has the bridge (which people like because you can be right up at the railing), but it is a side view overall. Yellow has the largest section, so there are more spots to choose from. When we've seen the show, the sections went in at the same time. But, since the areas are roped off, you can only go into your specified area. This prevents mass hysteria with all sections mixed together. I've read that the picnic FPs (yellow) are allowed in their section before the regular FPs, but I have not experienced this firsthand.

Thanks in advance!
I know this thread is LONG, but just make sure you really read the first post carefully. It has lots of really good info and will be updated soon, so keep checking back.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #1079
jkstewart1800
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know this thread is LONG, but just make sure you really read the first post carefully. It has lots of really good info and will be updated soon, so keep checking back.
I read the first 5 pages... but then jumped ahead and got myself all confused.

We are going the 3rd week in may. TP says its a 3... so hopefully it won't be too bad.

I will keep reading other material too about this... and maybe at a better time of the day than the middle of the night! LOL

Thanks!

DS 10 DS 7

Old 09-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #1080
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyR View Post

Andy
Thanks Andy! That's great!

Quote:
If you don't have to put your child on your shoulders, don't. It really creates a viewing block for those behind you. If you put your child on your hip, his/her head should be about level (shoulder level or higher) with yours. If you can see, the child can see. Of course, the view will be better if you are right at the front or right behind a railing with no one in front of you, but even if you are not right at the front, putting the child on your hip or having them stand on their stroller should be fine. Being considerate of those around you will go a long way toward building good will and sharing good vibes (remember, you're going to be next to these people for a while).
So, strollers are allowed in the WOC viewing area? I was assuming we'd have to park outside.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week

Last edited by poohj80; 09-21-2012 at 05:57 AM.
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: