Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #76
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janell View Post
Anyone attempting to do WOC on New Years Eve? What are your strategies?
WoC is only 6 months old so nye is unpredictable...
Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #77
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Just a bump so people can use the information in this thread tonight.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #78
jls886
DIS Veteran

Here is my question:

My mom uses an ECV to get around Disney as she can only walk very short distances. She also cannot stand for longer than a minute or two at a time. Does anyone have any experience viewing WOC with a handicapped member in their party? It sounds like we'll still need to try our luck with the fastpasses, or else do the dining package, but any other advice would be much appreciated!
jls886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #79
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls886 View Post
Here is my question:

My mom uses an ECV to get around Disney as she can only walk very short distances. She also cannot stand for longer than a minute or two at a time. Does anyone have any experience viewing WOC with a handicapped member in their party? It sounds like we'll still need to try our luck with the fastpasses, or else do the dining package, but any other advice would be much appreciated!
You will still need to get a FP through one of the various methods. Each color zone has a HA area inside it where she can view from either on the ECV or if you get there on a bench that the ECV can be parked behind. You can see these areas on the map on the first page of this thread.

There are stairs down to the viewing areas so the ECV will want to enter in the red and go across to the correct viewing area. These areas do get crowded too, so plan to show upjust like if you veiwing without a GAC.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #80
jls886
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
You will still need to get a FP through one of the various methods. Each color zone has a HA area inside it where she can view from either on the ECV or if you get there on a bench that the ECV can be parked behind. You can see these areas on the map on the first page of this thread.

There are stairs down to the viewing areas so the ECV will want to enter in the red and go across to the correct viewing area. These areas do get crowded too, so plan to show upjust like if you veiwing without a GAC.
Thanks for the info!!
jls886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:08 AM   #81
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=skiingfast;39214050]You will still need to get a FP through one of the various methods. Each color zone has a HA area inside it where she can view from either on the ECV or if you get there on a bench that the ECV can be parked behind. You can see these areas on the map on the first page of this thread.

Does just the member of your party with the GAC sit in the handicapped area or do they let your party stay together? Anyone know?

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:16 AM   #82
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
Does just the member of your party with the GAC sit in the handicapped area or do they let your party stay together? Anyone know?
They let my party of two (me on the ECV and my friend with her kid) stay with me.

The second night we went a large group of 8 people turned up and all were allowed to stay in the handicapped (preferred dining) section, although the section was quite full. So I wouldn't say you will have much of a problem.

Last edited by Vala; 12-14-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #83
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColtonsMom View Post
A GAC is good for your party up 6 people, or maybe it's 6+GAC holder. PP suggested that 8 people went in. Either somebody made an exception or the WoC crowd control didn't know how the GAC cards work. Of course it may of been a group with more than one GAC.

The GAC is to help the park assist guests with special needs, not to separate families, so you should be fine.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #84
princess lovers mom
Life is just a bowl of cherries; don't take it serious; life's too mysterious

preferred dining spot help please....
so we are going the week after Christmas - expecting HUGE crowds - springing for the dinner package -preferred veiwing spot...I will find where the line is forming and WILL be there very early in hopes of getting right in and to the front railing ....BUT if something happens and everyone else has the same plan where should my second choice be??? this still confuses me even with looking at all the pics

I would have gone to the spot that is labeled bad view as it looks the next best to me - and now I have read why that is a bad view....so where is second best in that section if I can't make front row railing????

thanks, from an obsessive planner hoping to make this trip PERFECT for the family
Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #85
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess lovers mom View Post
preferred dining spot help please....
so we are going the week after Christmas - expecting HUGE crowds - springing for the dinner package -preferred veiwing spot...I will find where the line is forming and WILL be there very early in hopes of getting right in and to the front railing ....BUT if something happens and everyone else has the same plan where should my second choice be??? this still confuses me even with looking at all the pics

I would have gone to the spot that is labeled bad view as it looks the next best to me - and now I have read why that is a bad view....so where is second best in that section if I can't make front row railing????

thanks, from an obsessive planner hoping to make this trip PERFECT for the family
Other than the very from and the area labelled best a lot of people have tried the area just above the PD marking. It's on the edge of the stairs next to the best spot. The reasonaning is that a lot of people end up on the flat area marked PD where the fountains are behind the #1 spot. But the stairs behind give you some vertical advantage. I believe from a number of posting if the PD area wasn't marked Best and then 1, but 1-2 like the other areas this would be the 2 spot.

Also remember while you go early to line up, there is not really a line. So try to figure out where the gate will open and jocky around to that area.

I just wanted to add, that a lot of people who have seen it twice know that planning makes a big difference. So having a plan where to go is half the battle. Enjoy the show.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #86
Vala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A GAC is good for your party up 6 people, or maybe it's 6+GAC holder. PP suggested that 8 people went in. Either somebody made an exception or the WoC crowd control didn't know how the GAC cards work. Of course it may of been a group with more than one GAC.
There was an ECV involved. Maybe that was coincidence, but when I used an ECV no one ever asked for a GAC. Granted that may have been because I always had crutches with me too, but that's my experience.

In that case I mentioned my money is on crowd control being asleep though. There were numerous issues with that group in the end which crowd control happily ignored.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #87
princess lovers mom
Life is just a bowl of cherries; don't take it serious; life's too mysterious

Quote:
Other than the very from and the area labelled best a lot of people have tried the area just above the PD marking. It's on the edge of the stairs next to the best spot. The reasonaning is that a lot of people end up on the flat area marked PD where the fountains are behind the #1 spot. But the stairs behind give you some vertical advantage. I believe from a number of posting if the PD area wasn't marked Best and then 1, but 1-2 like the other areas this would be the 2 spot.

Also remember while you go early to line up, there is not really a line. So try to figure out where the gate will open and jocky around to that area.

I just wanted to add, that a lot of people who have seen it twice know that planning makes a big difference. So having a plan where to go is half the battle. Enjoy the show.
thanks for the tips...
Old 12-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #88
prov3v56
Blessed in more ways than I can count!

This may have been asked before, but I didn't see it. Is it possible to get more than one fastpass for WOC? For example, can I get a fastpass when the park opens, wait two hours and then get another one? During our trip, WOC is playing 3 times a night and we may want to see it more than once.

Thanks!

prov3v56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #89
TheColtonsMom
DIS Veteran

Has anyone ever watched it from the area around the golden zephyr how is that view? Due to reading the posts here and elsewhere on the board I am leaning toward skipping this "adventure" all together during our trip. I have no desire to be trampled to see anything nor to have my 6 year old seperated from me in the crush. If we do see it I will get our fast passes and wait until after the crush to enter and take whatever we can get as far as standing room or try the spot by the golden zephyr as a second possibility. Also how long is the actual show? Long periods of standing still aggravates my knee problem and wonder if I should get a GAC specifically for this event. Also anyone know what you need for a GAC for example Dr's note etc

My 2010 Christmas TR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2613318
My 2011 Halloween PTR is at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....613318&page=29
Me Sherri , DH Brant ,DS6Colton
TheColtonsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #90
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov3v56 View Post
This may have been asked before, but I didn't see it. Is it possible to get more than one fastpass for WOC? For example, can I get a fastpass when the park opens, wait two hours and then get another one? During our trip, WOC is playing 3 times a night and we may want to see it more than once.

Thanks!
Only one regular WOC FP per day per person. In September I got a WOC FP and also had a WOC picnic and thus got FPs for two shows on one night.
DLR 07/2014 (DLH), 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: