Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2010, 10:24 PM   #31
jillyb
DIS Veteran

I've just finished reading and I just want to say you're an amazing woman! I'm so glad that you and the kids are taking this trip.

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
jillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #32
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm sleepy, but I couldn't let the 30 day point pass without putting something on my PTR.

Today is October 21st. This time next month, we'll be sleeping (hopefully) soundly in our room at All Star Movies after getting our first taste of WDW parks at MK. Hopefully I'll fall asleep with a vision of my daughter's various expressions of joy from the day.

Had a threat today at work. The project I am working on through no fault of my department is in a real crunch. Upper management has stated they are not approving any more vacations because there is a deliverable at the end of November. One lady on the team is currently on vacation and the manager asked if she should be called back into the office.

When asked if anyone had plans for next month, I reminded my manager of my dates. She asked had the vacation been approved. I guess she forgot signing the request. It was nearly 2 months ago.

When I said, it was approved 2 months ago, she said vacations plans already made may need to be tweaked a bit. Now she is not aware of exactly what I have planned, just knows I plan to be out of the office. She didn't officially ask. I'm betting she won't. I told the project lead, who will be providing my manager with recommendations on needed resources that there is no messing with my vacation, that I had dropped a bundle on it, had purchased plane tickets and my trip insurance would not cover, "Oh, I have to work instead."

And believe me, if they somehow got me to cancel my trip and work, I think they'd regret it later. I booked ADRs before getting the trip approved, but got the days off approved before booking the actual vacation.

This will be my 3rd set of holidays at this company and I have never taken off any days other than the ones the company was closed. Looking back, since dh worked for the Post Office and only had the actual holiday off for Thanksgiving and Christmas I always work.

So what happened today that was trip related...I got up at 5am as usual and for kicks (or so I thought) logged onto the Disney Website. Low and behold, there was availability at Crystal Palace for 3 people on the day we plan to be at MK. It's at 3:35, which isn't an ideal time and means we'll probably have to take our 2:00 break very close to the restaurant or be blocked from getting there by people viewing the parade, but we'll make it work. We'll either share a light lunch at 11:00 or get snacks and then snack later that evening. Might work out better...can probably get over to DHS before they turn the Osborne lights on.

So, I'm down to 2 ADRs that are still for 2 people. One of them I am very concerned about, Akershus. I have had the CM I get on the phone check the entire week for any meal before 7:00pm and nothing. I'm going to keep trying, but considering a CC hold is required for this reservation I don't hold out much hope of people cancelling. They pretty much know they want it when they get it I imagine. They might want a better time, but it's booked pretty solid at this point. I guess someone might cancel if they get CRT instead, but when I had the CM do the same search for CRT, nothing.

I think before I change dd's clothes or even tell her about the meal, I'm going to try to talk to whoever is checking people in about our chances. Just in case, I have the princess line in my touring plan for Tuesday. I have also begun to practice eating with ds in the Ergo. I'm getting pretty good with it. I can get him in and out without even undoing any of the buckles.

Parent/teacher conference went well..A's and B's. Teacher did say dd seems to decide when she wants to put forth extra effort...that she is obviously very smart and turns it on and off. She had major trouble reading and it has gotten so much better. She does need more practice hearing phonics sounds correctly.

Ds has developed his own crawling style (both knees at once) but manages to get pretty much anywhere he wants to go. He is also pulling up and has begun self-feeding for snacks.

Cheerleading shoes must have been thrown here because they were on the porch when I got home. Got here before the Crocs which were ordered days before. Crocs should be here tomorrow though.

Got the ziplock bags today. Picking up the suitcase this weekend and some jeans. Hope to finish the memory books as well.

Hooray for 30 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #33
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
I've just finished reading and I just want to say you're an amazing woman! I'm so glad that you and the kids are taking this trip.
Thanks, and I am really really glad too. I'm looking forward to getting away. I hope to experience the feeling of being out of the real world other people talk about. Fighting traffice everyday I go to work, I'm looking forward to Disney transportation. 6 days without getting behind the wheel or having to yell GET IN THE VAN!!!!!!!!!

I hope you and your family are well.

Under 30 days. Yeah!!!

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685

Last edited by luvmy2babies; 10-22-2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #34
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneBanks View Post
I just found your PTR and it's been a pleasure to read! I am truly sorry for your family's loss and I am SO glad that you are taking this wonderful trip with your children. It is definitely deserved.

I can't wait to read what's coming next!! Subscribing!

Its so close!!!!
Thanks for your kind words. I am really looking forward to going. Maybe once we are on the plane, I'll stop saying "I can't believe we're going."

Old 10-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #35
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Woohoo!!! You're in the 20's now!!!

Not sure if I read this right but Akershus doesn't require a CC. CRT, however, does.

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #36
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Woohoo!!! You're in the 20's now!!!

Not sure if I read this right but Akershus doesn't require a CC. CRT, however, does.
Hmmm, then which restaurant was that I gave CC information for? I know it was one of them. I couldn't get CRT. It wasn't pre-paid, like CRT is, but I know I gave CC information for one of my reservations for a hold or maybe in my excitement I thought I did.

Someone else had to cancel an Akershus breakfast during that week, (unfortunately had to postpone their whole trip I think due to a child's illness) but it is on the same day as our Chef Mickey's breakfast and since I did get Chef Mickey's modified, I didn't try to get it.

I'm going to keep trying. And I usually check for any availability for CRT during the call. I'm willing to take any meal, that doesn't have us out too early or too late. I am glad I haven't gotten a repeat CM on the phone who might say "Her again?" Hopefully they are used to it. I've read posts where people got a princess meal even days before so even though I didn't want to be thinking about ADRs this late in the game, I'm encouraged. I guess I should just be grateful that I can see all my reservations online. I see a lot of people can't.

I can't believe how fast this thing is approaching. This time next month we will be in Magic Kingdom.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #37
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
Hmmm, then which restaurant was that I gave CC information for? I know it was one of them. I couldn't get CRT. It wasn't pre-paid, like CRT is, but I know I gave CC information for one of my reservations for a hold or maybe in my excitement I thought I did.

Someone else had to cancel an Akershus breakfast during that week, (unfortunately had to postpone their whole trip I think due to a child's illness) but it is on the same day as our Chef Mickey's breakfast and since I did get Chef Mickey's modified, I didn't try to get it.

I'm going to keep trying. And I usually check for any availability for CRT during the call. I'm willing to take any meal, that doesn't have us out too early or too late. I am glad I haven't gotten a repeat CM on the phone who might say "Her again?" Hopefully they are used to it. I've read posts where people got a princess meal even days before so even though I didn't want to be thinking about ADRs this late in the game, I'm encouraged. I guess I should just be grateful that I can see all my reservations online. I see a lot of people can't.

I can't believe how fast this thing is approaching. This time next month we will be in Magic Kingdom.
Well I hope that it was just your excitement that made you think you were using your CC!

Hope your Magic Kingdom day is magical!

Oh...could you do list what park you're going to be in and what day you'll be there and where you're eating on those days? I've tried to go back through your posts to figure it out but I'm just not with it this morning! LOL

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Last edited by jillyb; 10-22-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #38
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

It is probably kind of hard to tell my schedule because my plans changed from the beginning of the report.

Sunday

This is our arrival day. Plane lands at 3:25 and we're taking DME. Hoping to go over to MK to at least see the castle, check out the decorations, eat QS and just let it sink in that we are actually there. How much we do will depend on how we feel and what time we are actually able to get over there. I didn't want to take a chance on trying to make a reservation for this day since we have an afternoon flight.

Monday

We will try to make rope drop at MK. Have a very early dinner reservation at Crystal Palace at 3:35. But hey, it was available for 3 so I took it. We love these characters. Even ds loves Pooh and Tigger.

Sometime around 5 or 6 depending on how things go, we are going to hop over to DHS to see the Osborne Lights. These things look amazing on video. I can't wait to see them. That's all we're going over there for though so we won't be there long.

Plan for Monday is Adventure Land, Fantasy Land and meeting Tiana and Naveen.

Tuesday

8:40 breakfast at Chef Mickey's, then over to MK. Plan for Tuesday is Toontown and Fantasy Land.

Around 3 or 4 depending on whether dd wants to stay and see the parade since we might miss it on Monday, we're going over to Epcot. Plan for the evening is Living Seas/Nemo ride and some other things outside WS and QS at Sunshine Seasons.

Wednesday

Breakfast at the resort unless by some miracle I get a breakfast reservation at Akershus. Then World Showcase. Our reservation at Akershus is for 5:30. None of the CMs I have spoken with believe we'll get turned away, but may have to wait longer. I just called a little while ago and the guy said that day is blacked out. I'm hoping to be able to ask before I change dd's clothes.

Thursday

DHS. 8:30 at Hollywood and Vine. My children love Handy Manny and Agent Oso. Dd hasn't seen the Little Einsteins in a while as the show comes on at a weird hour now, so I will be interested to see how she reacts to them. When Jo Jo was still there I asked her if she remembered Jo Jo and Goliath and she didn't. This was one of her favorite shows. And how does ds know who these characters are, you ask? Well, he has to do something while I'm getting dressed. He can be playing and if dd is watching and he hears Manny, he will stop what he is doing. I got him a Handy Manny shirt to wear that day. Hope he likes him.

5:30 at 1900 Park Fare. Still debating on changing at DHS or at the Grand Floridian. Got dd an adorable Cinderella dress.

Friday

AK. Hoping to get there for the (now) 8am opening. We have Tusker House at 9:40. I swore I was making it for 8:40, but guess I had a not so good moment. We'll have to get a snack at the resort or in the park after we get in to survive with no meltdowns until then. Just tried to change this one and it is booked solid as well.

Hoping to finish up with the evening at MK since this is our last park day.

Saturday

Travel home. Flight is at 12:05, so DME will likely pick up at 9:00. We'll have breakfast at the resort.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #39
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

This time next month is Thanksgiving. We'll be eating breakfast at Hollywood and Vine and spending the day at DHS, catching some shows. Will we even attempt to ride the mighty TSM?

Really, it's doubtful, but we'll see how Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin goes over. This is one of the areas where our trip being a surprise and dd not knowing much about WDW comes in handy. We can skip this and it won't be a big deal. Now if we miss the princesses, ds and I might need a separate plane to get home, so in the unlikely (according to every CM I have spoken to) event we do get turned away at Akershus, I'll be doing my best to make sure she meets them between our 2.5 days at MK.

Dinner that day is at 1900 Park Fare. I got dd an adorable Cinderella dress. I got it on sale shortly before it reverted back to the original price and I was really happy about that. I ordered two tiaras today from flowergirldressesforless.com. The location of the comb on the Disney Store crowns (on the sides pointing down) makes wearing them painful for dd. Unfortunately I have fallen a bit behind on doing the extra stuff. Having trouble finding ink for my printer. But it will alll work out, hopefully without me being up late the night before we leave.

So at this point in our trip we will have hopefully done the things I consider things we really need to do-the things that were the biggest motivators for the trip in the first place-riding a boatload of rides together and meeting the children's (and my) favorite characters at least once.

I'll be letting out a big sigh of relief once we meet Tiana, which is first on the list after Dumbo on Monday…and first if we get to Dumbo and it is too close to 10am (Tiana's first scheduled appearance). I don't want to be running back and forth over there all day to catch her. I'm using that as extra motivation to get dd up for rope drop.

A confession to make: I'm hoping dd either won't notice or won't want to stand in the Fairy line. I hear it gets dreadfully long, really fast and is easily 3 times as long as the princess line. I'm sure because they don’t appear elsewhere.

Of course my main goal is that we enjoy ourselves…all of us including ds. Even at his age, he has things he likes to do more than others. He loves being outside…always has. His daycare started taking them out for walks when he was under 4 months old and even they commented on how happy he seemed outside. He had his feet dipped in the ocean for the first time at 5 months old and he loved it. Seemed to hate it the 2nd time, but it turned out he needed a nap. He conked out under the tent for 45 minutes while dd and I played in the waves and he woke up loving it again.

A week with no carseat will probably be like a vacation to him. He doesn't hate it. He just grunts when he's buckled in and as soon as it's unbuckled it's "get me outta here." If I hesitate after I have unbuckled him, he starts to whine. It could be the process of getting strapped in he doesn't like. Once he is in, he sings and "talks" or will fall asleep if he's tired. He loves his stroller and the Ergo. He loves the carousel at the mall (we sat on a bench that rocked while dd rode a horse close by) and he loved the train at the zoo.

One reason I want to take this trip is because there are so many more things we can all do than there are at any other place. I've been asked if I should bring someone with me so dd can do bigger rides (she's 48 inches tall). But no. She'll be scared for one and really, by the time we do all the stuff we can all do together, there'll be no time for stuff ds can't do. I'd be spending money to bring someone so I can come home with dents in my arm from dd's grip.

Now, if I'd had the money and we weren't going over a holiday, I would have invited dd's sitter. She's their Godparents' daughter. Mainly though she loves the children and they love her and I know she'd love to go to Disney..huge Tinkerbell fan and loves Pooh and she and dd go to the same school so she'll be on break that week too. I couldn't afford it though and didn't feel right about taking her from her family over a holiday. And even though I know she wouldn't mind, I'm not sure she'd want to spend the break doing all this little kid stuff. I'm thinking I'll invite her when I take them on a Disney cruise…that way she can go off on her own when she wants but dd won't have to spend all her time in the splash area because ds can't go in the regular pool.

Yes, I'm already thinking about the next Disney vacation.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #40
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

This day next month will be our final park day.

We will start off at Animal Kingdom, hopefully have breakfast at Tusker House if ds doesn't create a fire code violation, but I'm going to get us there early to go through Camp Minnie Mickey anyway. I'm going to get dd a safari journal to do the activities. That will be a nice souvenir from there and make things more interesting, not that she won't find that park interesting. She loves animals. We're doing the passport at World Showcase, then I read about the safari journal and thought it was cute and I know she'll enjoy it. It will be a good way to keep her moving too.

I think AK is the largest park, so I'm glad it is opening early at 8:00.

Hoping to finish up at MK that evening. The only way to end the vacation to me is to see the castle one more time. I so wish the fireworks were before 10:00. I'm still considering perhaps staying in Epcot on Tuesday night to see Illuminations since we're only doing World Showcase on Wednesday.

I know I'll feel a bit of sadness when we walk out of MK that night. Hopefully dd won't be too upset. When we took our vacation in June, she did express some regret about going home on the last day, but I told her it wouldn't be our last vacation and she was okay. I know even if we can't stay as long, I want to go to Disney at least one more time while ds is still young enough to get in for free, so that combined with my vow I won't go in the summer, doesn't leave a lot of time between now and another trip because he turns 3 January 9, 2013.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #41
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Sounds like ya'll are going to have lots of fun!

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #42
jason4024
DIS Dad #541
I am sure you will get your fill of man things to do around these parts

Location: Coaldale, PA - 1,068 miles north of the happiest place on Earth

Thanks!

I want to start by saying thanks for reading/commenting my trip report. I cant believe how similar our trip plans are. Even down to adding the extra day and savign money. I was very touched by your story fo your husband. My dad passed away when I was 18 and my brother was 9. I know what it has been like on us, I couldnt imagine being as young as your children. You are a very strong mom and you and your children definitely desrve this trip.

Enjoy your vacation!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #43
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4024 View Post
I want to start by saying thanks for reading/commenting my trip report. I cant believe how similar our trip plans are. Even down to adding the extra day and savign money. I was very touched by your story fo your husband. My dad passed away when I was 18 and my brother was 9. I know what it has been like on us, I couldnt imagine being as young as your children. You are a very strong mom and you and your children definitely desrve this trip.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you for your kind words. I wish our trips had one more thing in common. I would love to go to MVMCP, but I'm guessing because of the holiday they are not having it the week we are there. I am super excited though about being there to see the Christmas decorations, especially the Osborne Lights at DHS. I wasn't aware they'd be up during our trip until after I booked.

Can't wait.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #44
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Well, this time next month our dream vacation will have come to an end.

We'll likely be either on the DME bus headed for MCO or in the airport cherishing our memories. I hope I don't cry. Guess I'll just have to comfort us by coming home and planning the next one.

Three and a half weeks out, it is almost scary how much I still have left to do.

Need jeans or I'll be wearing my office clothes all week.
Need SD cards for the cameras and the camcorder
AA batteries for dd's camera (giving her my old digital since I got a new one)
still need to make the t-shirts
packing, packing, packing
Garden Grocer order..thinking I'm going to do this Thursday night.

Working on tweaking my plans so our journey through the airport goes smoothly. I'm thinking the 3-1-1 deal is going to be tossed aside since I'll be carrying ds' carseat. I'm going to bring what I need that doesn't have to be in one of those bags, ds' milk, food, Tylenol and Zyrtec and dd's Motrin and Pediacare and put all our toiletries in a gallon sized ziploc bag and check them. I'm sure they'll be a place to buy toothpaste at the resort if our bags don't arrive by bedtime. I just hate pulling that little bag out. No way I'm going to multiply that inconvenience by 3.

Dh hated it too. He always put his toiletries in his suitcase when we flew. Of course it didn't make getting through security any easier for him. I laugh about it. Every single time we got on a plane, it was something. Once he even tried to walk through with a pocket full of change.

Won't get a thing done this weekend. It's Homecoming at Carolina and we'll be headed to Chapel Hill Friday after I pick them up. It's only 45 minutes away, but we'll get a hotel so ds and I can hang out on campus Friday evening while dd goes to Carolina Kid's camp. She went 2 years ago and had a ball. When I asked her if she wanted to go again, I wasn't sure she'd remember, but without hesitation she said, "Oh yes, that was fun." Then we can sleep in a little on Saturday morning before we head to campus and check in for the Band Alumni Reunion pre-game meal.

Yes, I was a band geek. Looking foward to seeing some college friends and their children. One of my friends has a son born within hours of me having dd. They came within 1 hour of having the same birthday as dd was born at 11pm. I haven't been back to campus since I had ds, but we usually have season tickets to women's basketball games and dd loves going there. When we went last time after the game, dd was on my shoulders screaming "GO TAR HEELS!" at the top of her lungs. We couldn't get out of there for people coming up to us telling me how adorable she was. Not getting that long legged 55lb child on my shoulders anymore, but I'm looking forward to a great time.

Sunday we have church then from 3-6 Halleleujah Day. Our church's youth department puts this on annually for an alternative to Halloween. There's hay rides, games, a costume contest and of course plenty of candy. Dd loves this as she is frightened by the traditional Halloween stuff. Her only condition was that I not put her in an angel costume again.

So she is going as Tiana.

Last edited by luvmy2babies; 10-27-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #45
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Okay, Mickey Mail Redo???

I got a 2nd packet today. It was the packet with the luggage tags and coupon vouchers again. I looked at the photopass card inside and they had different numbers.

I also though have 2 of everything else, Planet Hollywood vouchers, Arcade cards, etc. and they all have different reference numbers and barcodes.

Oh well, the extra luggage tags are nice and it can't hurt to have 2 photopass cards. Other than the arcade card, I wasn't going to use the other stuff.

Put away with the rest of the Mickey Mail.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: