Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #46
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

Skip,

I had not seen this thread before and was very touched by the story of your Dis name. Congrats on your accomplishment and hope you get your new chair soon!!

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13, DIS Exclusive Viva Italia ABD 9/14
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #47
LSURyan
Mouseketeer

Great story. We've always wanted to adopt a greyhound but have yet to act on it. They seem so regal.
LSURyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #48
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics

Cool

Thats such a cool story!

I joke my cousins are named after our pets. We had a pet sheep (was a lamb that grew up and never left) called Nicky, my aunt and uncle called their first born Nichola). Our dog was called Sam... guess what they named their second born

paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 AM   #49
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Beautiful.

Dogs are angels on this earth, I think.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:24 AM   #50
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I'm glad Skip updated this thread - I had read it before but it had slipped my mind. Val & I are happy to hear that Skip is going to further his education and move into a career that he is eminently suitable for.

Skip - hope that new scooter comes through.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:31 PM   #51
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

I love your story, Skip!

You are an inspiration to all who know you, you help me to realize more and more that nothing is impossible. As a Christian I believe 'All things are possible through Him who strengthens me.'
You hear it and you know it, but until you see people act on it....you just blow me away, Skip.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #52
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

2014 will mark my 20th year as a front line theme park employee. The year also brings with it opportunities to pursue some professional certifications, and opportunities for Taylor Nation Greyhounds. While I am not giving up on the childhood dream of attending UCF, I have decided to wait a little more. This will allow me time to Complete my 20th season at Wet 'n Wild North Carolina, pursue some IT and Travel Industry certifications, grow the Taylor Nation by putting more dogs on the track, and.....ok......yeah, have a little playtime too. I am NOT changing direction, just taking the scenic route to a bright future for me and the Taylor Nation.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #53
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

I look forward to following your adventures Skip :good vibes

Hope that some time in the future our paths will cross. You are an inspiration and my hero

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #54
SamSam

DIS Veteran

I can't believe I've never seen this thread until now! Kudos to you Skip for your pursuits, you are an inspiration to many people.

When you visited the Greyhound Convention in Kansas, you probably weren't far from us. Abilene which is well know for it's Greyhound museum is only about 30 miles from us. Small world!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #55
Justin Jett

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
I can't believe I've never seen this thread until now! Kudos to you Skip for your pursuits, you are an inspiration to many people.

When you visited the Greyhound Convention in Kansas, you probably weren't far from us. Abilene which is well know for it's Greyhound museum is only about 30 miles from us. Small world!
Next Time that I go to Nationals, let's plan to meet up!

The Hall of Fame Museum is awesome.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:27 AM   #56
Justin Jett

Update: I became a resident of Florida in May 2013, but life's path has twists and turns, and I have commuted back and forth between Florida and North Carolina, to help my family. I hope everything works out as planned, so I can decrease the number of commutes.

Update for those who have asked: I have some things to take care of before I enter UCF. I still plan to transfer to UCF in August of 2015. I just have bucket list and other things to do and see before going back to school. This spring, I plan to become Apple Certified and learn the basics of iOS programming. I have not written code since 1993. Full Sail University reminds me of Weaver Education Center in Greensboro, NC. I am very curious about Full Sail, and really enjoy going to the WWENXT shows at the Full Sail Live Arena every month or so. I have always been fascinated with television production as well as WWE. I also admire Vince McMahon. If Full Sail still has the NXT partnership with WWE after I graduate from UCF, I may look into attending Full Sail, and getting involved with NXT for the learning experience. I do promise to complete UCF first. On the Greyhound side of things. There are some Taylor Nation Greyhounds at Roban Kennels. If all goes well, at least one Taylor Nation Greyhound will go to the track in 2015. There are plans for Taylor May Duffy to become a mother. I am still on a path toward UCF. I just need to get the dogs and other things taken care of first.

The Disability Services people at UCF were soooo nice and everything went extremely well. They knew about the DIS, so I found a comfort zone and relaxed. They looked at my history and saw what was not working. For the very first time in my college career, I found people who understand and want to help! Tracey Heinrichs THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!! This is possible!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: