Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #91
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of the resort in the early morning sure are pretty and peaceful looking. I can't believe that somebody was about to go swimming at 7:00 a.m.

One of these days, I am going to book a breakfast ADR just so I can get into the Magic Kingdom early. We aren't big breakfast eaters so I haven't been able to justify the cost yet. But, every time I look at pictures of a near-empty park, I want to do it anyway.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #92
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

We love Crystal Palace. Looks like you had a great time there. We can't wait to go back in June!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #93
Rozz
DIS Veteran

You got the best photos of ToT! I love the one taken during the ride!

Great report and great trip - I'll be checking back for more!!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 10-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #94
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Joining in

Awesome report and pictures.

Looking forward to more
Old 10-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #95
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Your pictures of the resort in the early morning sure are pretty and peaceful looking. I can't believe that somebody was about to go swimming at 7:00 a.m.

One of these days, I am going to book a breakfast ADR just so I can get into the Magic Kingdom early. We aren't big breakfast eaters so I haven't been able to justify the cost yet. But, every time I look at pictures of a near-empty park, I want to do it anyway.
Actually, I think my DD would be in the pool that early, if she were a morning person at all. We're not huge breakfast eaters normally, but on vacation -- yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brae's Mom View Post
We love Crystal Palace. Looks like you had a great time there. We can't wait to go back in June!!!
We love Crystal Palace. And everything seemed just right this time. We had a wonderful breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
You got the best photos of ToT! I love the one taken during the ride!

Great report and great trip - I'll be checking back for more!!
Thanks! I had fun taking the pictures. Trying to time the one during the drops was the hardest part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Joining in

Awesome report and pictures.

Looking forward to more
Thanks!! I'll have another update up soon.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 10-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #96
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Travel Day 6 - Saturday, May 15th continued

When we last left off, we had just finished up a wonderful breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It was just about park opening time. We headed out to hit a few rides! First up, we came to the Jungle Cruise. This was a walk-on. DH went with us on this one.

Look! It’s the backside of water!!!

After our cruise on the world’s rivers, we took another cruise – with the Pirates of the Caribbean! DH also rode this one with us.

We stopped at the restroom after this ride. I had to take a picture of it – an EMPTY women’s restroom!!! You very rarely see that at Disney World.

Our next stop was Splash Mountain.

Another walk-on. DH did NOT join us here.

Going up the hill before the big drop.

Just before the big drop.

Me, after the big drop.

Our Rednecked ride photo.

continued in next post -- too many pictures.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

Old 10-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #97
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post.

Then we hit Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We had to wait for one train. Gotta love hitting the park early.

Not the best shot, but I love this one.

DH doing his people-watching while we were on the ride.

It’s now about 10:30 am, and we’ve done four rides in an hour and a half. Not too bad, really. It was starting to get a bit warm, so we decided that maybe a nice air-conditioned show was in order. We stopped in to see the Country Bear Jamoboree. It was being refurbished the last time we were here.

After the show, we wandered over toward the Haunted Mansion.

It was a walk-on, basically.

It was now about 11:30. We walked around toward Fantasyland.

Oh.

Oh. My.

I'm cruel, but we're gonna stop here for now.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:35 PM   #98
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

First off, I hope the "Oh. Oh my" wasn't a bad thing.

I can't believe now much you've gotten to see and do in so little time. The wait times are great.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #99
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
First off, I hope the "Oh. Oh my" wasn't a bad thing.

I can't believe now much you've gotten to see and do in so little time. The wait times are great.
Well.... I'll get into that "Oh My" shortly.... We really did get a lot done in the morning. Our wait times were little to none - and we LOVED it!!!

Old 10-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #100
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

When we last left off, we had spent a nice morning in Magic Kingdom with very low crowds. Then we rounded the corning into Fantasy Land.

Oh.

Oh My.

It wasn’t a quiet morning anymore. We found CROWDS!!!

We decided to watch Mickey’s PhilharMagic. We waited about 15 minutes. Boy, did they pack us into that waiting room. Wow. We had to keep a tight grip on each other in order to not get separated when going into the theater. They had us packed in the waiting area pretty tightly, and when they opened the doors, people felt the need to rush and push to be the first in. Grr. Once inside and seated, though, we loved the show. We loved it last time, and we still love it.

It was beastly hot, so we stopped and got a couple of drinks at the Enchanted Grove. DH didn’t want anything, Mom and DD each got a Lemonade Slush and I got a Raspberry Lemonade Slush. Total cost here was $11.79. Expensive for three drinks, but so very worth it. They just hit the spot!

I have no idea what was going on at the Magic Kingdom on this particular Saturday afternoon. We expected busy, but WOW!!! We decided to head back to the resort for a while, since it was so busy. Look at the mob we encountered! Not sure why so many people were coming into the Magic Kingdom at once…

We did find out that there was an Iron Man competition (triathalon or something) happening at Disney World this day, but I’m not sure that quite explains the HUGE crowds coming into Magic Kingdom around noon on a Saturday. Just weird.

We stopped at a couple of shops on the way out, partially as a way to avoid the crowd on Main Street. I bought a Mickey glove oven mitt as a gift for DH’s mom, a Mickey head cookie cutter for myself, a bag of hard candy for DD, and a large rice crispy Mickey head for all of us. Total here was $38.13. Hmm. Apparently I only took pictures of the candy and rice crispy treat…

From the shops, we headed to the bus stop. I don’t have any pictures here, but the CROWDS COMING IN!!! OMG – they just kept coming! I think that every single bus available in Disney World just dropped full loads off at the Magic Kingdom! We had to fight against the crowd to leave! We finally made it to our bus stop and we waited. And waited. And waited some more. We saw three buses come and go for the stop next to ours, and four came and went for Port Orleans Riverside. If I had known that it was going to take SO long for a French Quarter bus to come, we would have jumped on one of the buses for Riverside. Once a bus finally came for us, we went back to our room and just vegged for a while. DH and DD went to the pool, but Mom and I stayed in the room. I caught up on some of my pictures and such while Mom napped.

We went off-site again for supper. This time to Sizzler. Nothing special here, but the food was good. DH had the sirloin, I had Malibu Chicken (chicken breasts with cheese, bacon and a sauce). Mom and DD just had the salad bar. I have to say that the entrees DH and I ordered were very good. The salad bar offerings were also pretty good, and it was really pretty clean. A lot cleaner that the buffet restaruants in our hometown. Our total here was $54.28

After eating, we stopped at a gift shop on Apopka-Vineland Road. I bought DD a dragon necklace, two bumper stickers, and a straw hat for myself. I had sunburned the top of my head something horrible. I hadn’t realized it until that evening. My hair is thick enough that I don’t usually burn the top of my head. But I did this time!! The straw hat was enough to keep the sun off while still allowing air in so my head wouldn’t be too hot. Total cost at the gift shop was $27.65.

From there, we went on to Walmart. DD was still having trouble with shoes. We had gotten her a pair of water shoes, but they were just not comfy for wearing in the parks. We found her a pair of fairly good sneakers on clearance. Gotta love clearance. We picked up some snacks and drinks, as well as some socks to go along with those new sneakers. I also picked up a bottle of Solarcaine gel for my poor sunburned head. Total cost here was $41.73.

It was right around 9:00 pm when we were heading back to Disney World. Mom doesn’t like the traffic here, either.

This little guy was exploring! He was on the railing on the second floor.

DD just had to play around with the new hat I had bought.

We were all pretty much pooped and hit the beds in fairly short order. All in all a good day – even with the mega-crowds at Magic Kingdom, since we had done a lot of what we wanted to in the not-so-busy park in the morning then enjoyed a lazy afternoon.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #101
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Wow those crowds are crazy...lucky you guys were able to get everything done earlier when you did.

Looking forward to more
Old 10-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #102
ilovepete
DIS Veteran

Enjoying reading your report.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #103
debf
Mouseketeer

the crowds. You guys got a lot done in such a short time.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #104
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Thank you so much for posting this picture. Bill is unable to ride Splash Mountain and it is so great for him to get to see this view.

I have probably asked you this before but I am again, what camera were you using? The pictures are fantastic and so clear.

Looks like you had a great MK day, so sorry you got sunburned and that the crowds were so big. I just love your TR's you look like you are having so much fun!!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #105
DISNEY CRAZY 69
Mouseketeer

Great trip report and beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: