Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #76
debf
Mouseketeer

I have never been in the Beverly Sunset sweet shop. I'll be sure to stop there on our next trip. Yummy.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #77
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debf View Post
I have never been in the Beverly Sunset sweet shop. I'll be sure to stop there on our next trip. Yummy.
It was our first time stopping in there. They had some absolutely YUMMY looking stuff. We'll definitely be stopping in again.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg currently in progress

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #78
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Sounds like a great trip so far!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #79
Maria Rose
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to more updates!!!

_________
Maria Rose
Old 09-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #80
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good for you getting to ride both Rock 'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror first thing. I really enjoyed looking at your TOT pics. I never think to take my camera in.

Those treats sure do look good right now!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #81
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brae's Mom View Post
Sounds like a great trip so far!
Thanks! We were having a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Rose View Post
Looking forward to more updates!!!

_________
Maria Rose
Coming up shortly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Good for you getting to ride both Rock 'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror first thing. I really enjoyed looking at your TOT pics. I never think to take my camera in.

Those treats sure do look good right now!
We love those two rides. Had to get them in! It took my camera on most rides, actually. Not Rock'n'Roller Coaster though. Nope, not on that one!

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg currently in progress

Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #82
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Travel Day 5 - Friday, May 14th Continued

When we last left off, we were leaving Hollywood Studios and heading back to Port Orleans French Quarter.

We got back to the room and found that the Mousekeeper had been playing with DD’s toys…

I made this dude for DD.

We didn’t really do lunch today. We snacked on some stuff in the room, but weren’t really hungry.

Around 2:30, we decided that it would be wise to hit the pool. Ahhhhhh.

We spent about two hours in the pool. Oh, it felt SO good!! We headed back to the room to get ready for supper. We had finally decided that we were HUNGRY! We were going off-site tonight. We went to the Golden Corral – one of those restaurants that we don’t have around home. We each had the buffet and drink. Sorry – no pictures inside. We were too busy eating! They had a nice variety, the place looked pretty clean and the food was tasty. What more could we ask for. Price wasn't too bad either. Total cost here was $58.67 for the four of us.

This restaurant has a gift shop attached. You go through a turnstile to get from the restaurant to the gift shop. If you show your Golden Corral receipt, you get a "free gift". I bought a photo album, a tote bag and something else that I don’t remember! Total cost was $27.79. Our "free gift" was a choice between a shiny pencil and a little shell bracelet. We took the bracelet.

We were done with supper around 6:30 pm and headed back to the French Quarter.

It was still quite early in the evening by the time we got back to the French Quarter – it wasn’t even 7:00 pm yet. EPCOT had Extra Magic Hours and was open until midnight. Magic Kingdom closed at 9:00, and Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios were already closed by now. So, what should we do for the rest of the evening? ? ?

? ? ?

? ? ?

? ? ?

Go back to the pool, of course!

We even got DH to go down the waterslide!

It was close to 9:00 pm when we finally decided we’d had enough pool time for the day. Problem is – swimming makes you HUNGRY!!! We'd had no lunch and a somewhat early supper and were now convinced that we were all starving to death. What to do????

Have a second supper, of course! While planning this trip, I had drooled over photos on someone’s trip report. I have no clue who it was, as I didn’t bookmark the report. I just remember drooling over the pictures for a place called Flipper’s Pizza. They deliver to Disney World. And they did for us. I ordered large pizza, half pepperoni/half mushrooms and an order of cheesy bread. Oh yum. Our total cost was $25.79.

Let’s just say that there weren’t any left-overs to worry about.

After our second supper, we just vegged in the room a bit then hit the beds. We had a fairly early morning coming up.

Overall, today was a great day! A little on the hot side, but crowds were manageable, ride lines weren't horribly long, we had a lot of fun in the pool and we had some good food. Pretty good day!

Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #83
hill6
DIS Veteran

Great review and that pizza looked delicious.

We stayed at POFQ in Nov 08 and didn't get a chance to enjoy the gorgeous pool as a cold front came in and it became very cold.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
Old 09-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #84
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You guys really made use of the pool. I don't blame you, it looked like a very cool pool.

It's been a long time since I've eaten at a Golden Corral. As a matter of fact, I think the last time was when we were in Kissimmee, Florida.

Yummy looking pizza. Flippers in another spot we used to eat at when in Florida. Haven't had it in years but, after looking at the pics, I want some....right now!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #85
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Looks like you had such a great day! You some things accomplished at DHS and had great pool time. We have a Golden Corral in our town. We go there when his parents come to town. That pizza looked good too.

As always I am loving your trip report.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #86
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

The pizza looked great. POR has pizza in their dinning hall so we ordered a large one night for dinner and it surprisingly really good! That pool at POFQ looks so much fun!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 09-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #87
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
Great review and that pizza looked delicious.

We stayed at POFQ in Nov 08 and didn't get a chance to enjoy the gorgeous pool as a cold front came in and it became very cold.
Thanks. The pizza WAS delish! We certainly didn't have to worry about the cold on this trip. It was really HOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You guys really made use of the pool. I don't blame you, it looked like a very cool pool.

It's been a long time since I've eaten at a Golden Corral. As a matter of fact, I think the last time was when we were in Kissimmee, Florida.

Yummy looking pizza. Flippers in another spot we used to eat at when in Florida. Haven't had it in years but, after looking at the pics, I want some....right now!
We were very happy to have access to the pool. It was really nice. Never felt TOO crowded. The only time we go to a Golden Corral is on vacation. Don't have any near us, so we love to go when we can. We really liked the pizza, and the cheesy bread was really good, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Looks like you had such a great day! You some things accomplished at DHS and had great pool time. We have a Golden Corral in our town. We go there when his parents come to town. That pizza looked good too.

As always I am loving your trip report.
Thanks!! We had fun at DHS, but it just got too hot for us. The pool was the winner on that particular day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
The pizza looked great. POR has pizza in their dinning hall so we ordered a large one night for dinner and it surprisingly really good! That pool at POFQ looks so much fun!
That pizza was DELISH! We never tried the POFQ pizza... I had seen someone's trip report with pictures of the pizza and cheesy bread from Flippers, and just had to try it.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #88
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I'm glad you are back.
It took me most of the day today,
to read all your links.

You would not believe the PM's I receive,
asking if we have any TR's with people using the Auto-train.
I have you booked marked in my favorites, so I can send people the link.

Me and my dh have stayed 3 times now at POR.
When we have the older kids with us, we get an joining room.
We think the beds are way to small, but we are used to a King bed.

That pizza looks really good.
We have a Golden Corral near my sons college, but he refuses to let us eat there. He rather go to Buffalo Wild Wings-yuck.

I am just amazed with the train. Me and my dh just did a train tour-1 day at Sault St. Marie in Canada. 8 hours on the train. 4 hours to a canyon, and 4 hours back. My butt really hurt. But I'm sure you were fine, because you got to sleep, most of the way.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:39 AM   #89
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
You would not believe the PM's I receive,
asking if we have any TR's with people using the Auto-train.
I have you booked marked in my favorites, so I can send people the link.

I am just amazed with the train. Me and my dh just did a train tour-1 day at Sault St. Marie in Canada. 8 hours on the train. 4 hours to a canyon, and 4 hours back. My butt really hurt. But I'm sure you were fine, because you got to sleep, most of the way.
Thanks! If anyone has questions about the Auto-Train, I'd be happy to answer any I could.

We've done an excursion train in North Carolina before, as well. The seats weren't quite as comfy as the AutoTrain seats, but Mom managed to fall asleep in them!

They even had one car, mainly for scenic viewing, that had uncomfortable-looking benches.

We really loved the AutoTrain ride. You didn't just have to sit in your seat the whole time. You had the option of going to the lounge car and such. You could get up and walk a bit if you were tired of sitting.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #90
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Travel Day 6 - Saturday, May 15th

We were all up fairly early today – we had 8:05 am reservations at the Crystal Palace! We were out the door right around 7:00 am.

The lovely view from right outside our door.

DD was up and awake, but not exactly happy about the time of day…

The pool looked so quiet and peaceful at 7:00 am.

But it wasn’t quite empty! Even at this hour, there was someone getting ready to get in the pool!

Not too many people were wandering around the resort at 7:00 am.

Even the bus stop was empty when we got there.

We waited 10 minutes or so for a Magic Kingdom bus. I don’t remember exactly, but it wasn’t too long. When we got to the Magic Kingdom, we went through security and got in line for Breakfast Reservations. They kept us there in line for about 20 minutes before they allowed people in. We were making our way up Main Street by 7:45.

We arrived at the Crystal Palace and waited behind one other family to check in. We grabbed a seat on the porch and waited.

After a few minutes, a CM came out to open the restaurant and introduce the characters.

I think we were the second or third party called to our table. When I had made the ressie, I had noted that we were celebrating our 19th Anniversary. We had this on the table when we arrived.

Food was delish! Oh, the fresh fruit was so very good. Perfectly ripe and tasty.

We had visits from some friends.

DH and I got a cupcake for our anniversary, and DD got one for her b-day.

Our cupcake didn’t last long. I think he might have taken two bites.

DD enjoyed hers, too.

We also received cards signed by the characters.

Total cost here was $89.42 plus tip. Seems like a lot of money for a buffet breakfast, but we really enjoyed it. Everything was tasty and the service was really very good, too.

We finished with breakfast right about 9:00 am. Perfect timing, as the park opened at 9:00!

Up next -- a Saturday morning at Magic Kingdom. . .

Last edited by ddstratton; 09-30-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: