Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #31
michellejed
DIS Veteran

Sounds like fun so far

Love the view from your room. I hope on this trip that we can check out a few resorts that we may consider for a future trip. I like the looks of this resort
Old 09-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #32
opal6779
Earning My Ears

Enjoying your trip report, the pics are great. We are going to POFQ in 39 days so I love to read TR's that when people have stayed there, especially with pictures! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the rest....

Jenn
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #33
debf
Mouseketeer

Great trip report.Looking foward to reading more and I love all the pictures.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #34
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Isn't is so very hard to make decisions on what to do first at Disney? Have fun? Eat? Have fun? Eat? I loved the video!
I love having to make that kind of decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellejed View Post
Sounds like fun so far

Love the view from your room. I hope on this trip that we can check out a few resorts that we may consider for a future trip. I like the looks of this resort
This resort was really very pretty. We would definitely stay here again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opal6779 View Post
Enjoying your trip report, the pics are great. We are going to POFQ in 39 days so I love to read TR's that when people have stayed there, especially with pictures! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the rest....

Jenn
Thanks for reading! We really did love the resort. I do believe there will be more pictures coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debf View Post
Great trip report.Looking foward to reading more and I love all the pictures.
Thanks! Overall, we ended up taking over 3,000 pictures!!! That's between all of us, for the 2 weeks we were gone.

Update coming shortly!

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #35
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Travel Day 3 - Wednesday, May 12th continued

When we last left off, we had just left the pool. We got dried off and dressed, then headed to the bus stop!

Port Orleans French Quarter is a nice SMALL resort. Like I said earlier, our room was about as far from the bus stop as you could get but our walk was only a couple of minutes. Not long at all.

After arriving at the bus stop, we waited maybe five minutes and hopped on one of these to the Magic Kingdom!

It was now right around 2:00 pm and we were HUNGRY! The first item on our Magic Kingdom agenda was some lunch. We stopped in at Casey’s Corner. They were busy, but not horribly so.

DD and Mom each got a hot dog kids' meal with apple slices. DH got the hot dog meal with fries. I got the corndog nuggets (YUM!!). DD had a milk, Mom had a bottle water, and DH and I each had a large Coke. Total here was $33.10.

After we were fed, we were ready to hit some rides. The first ride just had to be Splash Mountain. DD and Mom have talked about going on this ride again for AGES. The posted wait time was 20 minutes. I’m pretty sure the wait ended up being a bit longer than that. However our next ride made up for it. We went over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The posted time was 10 minutes. Nope. We walked right on with no wait at all.

DH took over camera duty for part of this trip. Here’s me, DD and Mom coming off Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

DH did not ride with us on these two rides. He had fun sitting on the fence and watching people go by.

After these, we headed over to the Haunted Mansion, which was another walk-on. Again, DH waited for us and was on camera duty.

After the Haunted Mansion, we were ready for a little treat. We stopped at Sleepy Hollow and got three cups of chocolate soft-serve. Total here was $9.24. We only got three, as DH said he didn’t want one. But he knew better. He ended up finishing mine. I never finish an ice cream…

From here, we headed over to Tomorrowland.

We waited about five minutes for the Carousel of Progress. It was way hot – well, for us anyway. It was in the mid-80’s. Twenty minutes of air-conditioned sitting sounded very good to us. And we enjoy the show.

By now, it was almost 6:00 pm. We were hot and a little tired. We decided to head back to the resort. On the way out, we saw a little bit of the Celebrate A Dream Come True parade.

After the parade, we headed to the bus stops. We waited about ten minutes or so, then got on a bus heading back to the resort.

We stopped at the food court and picked up a refillable mug for each of us. Total cost was $57.47 after tax. Mom took a couple pictures of the wildlife on the walk back to our room.

Gotta stop here -- too many pictures for one post. Continued immediately.

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

Old 09-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #36
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Travel Day 3 - Wednesday, May 12th continued

We just relaxed for a little bit in the room for a while. When we decided we were ready for supper, we headed off-site. We were going to Joe’s Crab Shack! This is something we don’t have around home. Never been to one, but it looked like fun. And it was! But before we went to Joe’s we hit Wal-mart. DD “forgot” her Crocs, and only had one pair of sneakers with her. Not good. We ended up finding her a pair of water shoes at Wally World – total cost $6.42.

Now, on to Joe’s.

We were seated pretty much immediately, at a picnic table inside. DH ordered the chipotle Cheeseburger (which I don’t have a picture of). DD ordered the Shrimp Alfredo Pasta.

Mom had the Coconut Shrimp.

I had the Fish and Shrimp.

They had a board on the wall (which you can see behind DH and DD here) with a phrase to unscramble. Between me and Mom, we figured it out! We got $5 off at the gift shop for doing it. Which came in handy, as Mom wanted a T-shirt for my brother’s friend, whose name is Joe.

I thought this was funny, too. The lady at the table behind us ordered a drink. Nothing funny about that. However – her drink was FROWNING AT HER!!

Our total here came to $62.86 plus tip. Everything was very good, and the atmosphere was fun. I’d go there again.

By the time we finished with supper, it was after 9:00 pm. We stopped at the Walgreens next door. Yikes! $5.18 for one loaf of bread and one gallon of milk. Ouchie. After that, we headed back to the resort and just vegged for a while and hit the beds.

Up next – we start our first FULL day at Disney World.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #37
michellejed
DIS Veteran

Love all the pictures It is like taking the trip with you!

Keep the report coming
Old 09-03-2010, 08:48 AM   #38
jenniferreich
Mouseketeer

Hi! Thank you so much for your wonderful trip report! I'm enjoying it so much! You're doing an awesome job! My family and I took the autotrain to WDW in September 2009, and it's bringing back so many wonderful memories of our trip. We loved the train ride--just not the 4-hour in terrible traffic drive to get there! (We live near Allentown, PA.) I look forward to the rest of your report and hope you're having a great day! Jennifer
Old 09-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #39
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I knew I liked you! Corn dog nuggets are my favorite Plus, I think POFQ is my favorite resort!

Did you go to Joes because we always see the ad for them but there's none around??
Old 09-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #40
MomOf2Gals
Earning My Ears

your pictures are great and so is your report.
im getting good ideas for my trip.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #41
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellejed View Post
Love all the pictures It is like taking the trip with you!

Keep the report coming
Thanks! We love lots of pictures, because they let us relive the trip whenever we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferreich View Post
Hi! Thank you so much for your wonderful trip report! I'm enjoying it so much! You're doing an awesome job! My family and I took the autotrain to WDW in September 2009, and it's bringing back so many wonderful memories of our trip. We loved the train ride--just not the 4-hour in terrible traffic drive to get there! (We live near Allentown, PA.) I look forward to the rest of your report and hope you're having a great day! Jennifer
Yeah, the trip to get to the AutoTrain can be something since we have to go thru/around Washington DC. But the AutoTrain itself is amazing. We just loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I knew I liked you! Corn dog nuggets are my favorite Plus, I think POFQ is my favorite resort!

Did you go to Joes because we always see the ad for them but there's none around??
Thanks! Those corn dog nuggets were GREAT. Especially dipped in cheese sauce. Oh, yum. POFQ was just gorgeous. Mom fell in love with it.

Yup, we've seen ads for Joe's but there isn't one anywhere near us. It just looked like a cool place. And it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gals View Post
your pictures are great and so is your report.
im getting good ideas for my trip.
Thanks! Glad to help.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #42
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post

Ok - I am LMAO. It looks like the name for the coffee is Smut Roast!

BTW - this is as far as I have gotten and now I need to read the rest and go see if it is possible to take a train from here with our car....pure genius!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #43
loritemp
Celebrating my birthday in style...Disney Style!

Ok I need to add the corn nuggets from casey's to my next trip Must do list!!

We have a Joe's near my office, fun place to go for group lunches. Glad you guys enjoyed it!!! Oh and I love the pics of your DD in the pool, her face says it all! And aren't those smiles exactly why we save and plan all year? Makes it all worth it!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #44
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post
Ok - I am LMAO. It looks like the name for the coffee is Smut Roast!

BTW - this is as far as I have gotten and now I need to read the rest and go see if it is possible to take a train from here with our car....pure genius!
OMG, you're right!!!! It does look like Smut Roast!! (It's supposed to be Smart Roast.)

I dont' think the AutoTrain will work for ya, though. It only runs between Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL. That would be um... quite a way out of your way, I do think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loritemp View Post
Ok I need to add the corn nuggets from casey's to my next trip Must do list!!

We have a Joe's near my office, fun place to go for group lunches. Glad you guys enjoyed it!!! Oh and I love the pics of your DD in the pool, her face says it all! And aren't those smiles exactly why we save and plan all year? Makes it all worth it!
The corn nuggets were really very tasty. Joe's was a lot of fun, and we really enjoyed it. Looks like that one are what makes it worthwhile.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #45
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You guys packed a lot into one day! Add me to the list of "I've gotta try those corn dog nuggets" people. They look awesome.

I've never eaten at a Joe's either and really enjoyed your pictures. I may just have to give Joe's a try next time I see one.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: