Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #136
merrymouse1
Mouseketeer

All caught up! Loved your report and looking forward to hearing about T-Rex because we are eating there on our first night at Disney in about 72 hours!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #137
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I have never done one of the DVC tours because I was afraid the salesperson would be too pushy. But, it sounds like your salesguy wasn't too bad.

It looks like ya'll had a good time at Animal Kingdom even though it was so hot that day.

I hate that it's already close to the end of your vacation.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #138
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymouse1 View Post
All caught up! Loved your report and looking forward to hearing about T-Rex because we are eating there on our first night at Disney in about 72 hours!
Ohh --- I'm jealous!! I wanna be back there. Here's a spoiler -- we LOVED it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I have never done one of the DVC tours because I was afraid the salesperson would be too pushy. But, it sounds like your salesguy wasn't too bad.

It looks like ya'll had a good time at Animal Kingdom even though it was so hot that day.

I hate that it's already close to the end of your vacation.
The salesman did his job -- he tried to sell us on the DVC. We did have to say no a couple of times, but he was really very pleasant about it. The first time we said no, he offered a different payment plan, I believe. We didn't feel overly pressured or anything. And the tour was fun, and quite informative if you are seriously considering buying into DVC.

We did have a good time at AK, despite the heat. We just weren't expecting it to be quite as hot as it was.

Yup, we're coming to the end of this trip. But -- shhh!!! -- we might just have another trip in the works... I do have a 40th birthday coming up next year.....

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 11-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #139
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Travel Day 9 - Tuesday, May 18th, continued

When we last left off, we had just left Animal Kingdom and were heading back to our resort.

DD had left a note for the Mousekeeper, asking for some extra soap. This is what she found when we got back.

We started packing up, took some stuff to the truck and just vegged for a little while. Right around 5:00 pm, we headed down to the boat dock to catch a ferry to Downtown Disney. We had 8:00 pm reservations at T-Rex! DD has looked forward to this meal for AGES.

This is one thing I had wanted to do that we never got around to.

We wandered around Downtown Disney a little bit.

Cinderella obviously isnít DDís favorite character. I think sheís still mad at Cindy for having her picture taken with her Dad on our last trip.

It was still fairly early Ė not quite 6:00 pm. We went over to T-Rex and went inside to let DD do the Build-A-Dino. We were going to let her do 2 Ė one from us and one from Grandma. However, she only wanted to do one. So she built one and got extra clothes to go with it. Smart kid.

She ended up with the Build A Dino, Flip Flops, a T-shirt & pants, and a sweatshirt. Total cost was $43.67.

I'm gonna cut off here, as there are so many pictures. I'll have another update very shortly.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #140
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What a nice way for the mousekeeper to leave the soaps. I am always amazed at the magical Disney touches to something so simple.

That is one smart kid you've got there. I love the outfits that she chose for her dino. The flip flops are adorable.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #141
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What a nice way for the mousekeeper to leave the soaps. I am always amazed at the magical Disney touches to something so simple.

That is one smart kid you've got there. I love the outfits that she chose for her dino. The flip flops are adorable.
It was a cute way to leave the goodies for DD. We love all the little touches they do!

She knew what she was doing. She could get more accessories this way!

Old 11-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #142
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

When we last left off, DD had just finished building a Dino. It was now about 6:30. After some chatting, we decided to see if there was any way we could get in to T-Rex before our ressie time of 8:00. Hmm.. Our ressie wasnít in their system!! She looked by number and by last name. Oh, well. No worries. She took our name and told us to go wait in line. It would only be a few minutes. And she was right! We waited about 5 minutes to be called!

Pictures just do NOT do this place justice!

Ladies room.

Signs on Mens and Ladies room doors.

Mom was pretty well in awe of this place.

DD got a shark water (basically sprite with coconut syrup, blue). Mom had a taste. Donít think she cared for it.

We ordered the Megalosaurus Mozzarella as an appetizer. This was some mozz sticks and some breaded melted mozz. Yummy!
(Just pretend that you see several more mozz sticks and a patty of melted mozzÖ Was too hungry to remember to take pictures before devouring.)

Actually, hereís a tiny piece of the patty.

It was DELICIOUS!!! Iím drooling just remembering it. And that was just the start of the meal.

DH had the Boneyard Buffet.

DD had the Layers of Earth lasagna.

Mom had the rotisserie chicken.

I had the chicken fried steak.

If you canít tell by these pictures Ė the portions were HUGE!! OMG Ė that steak was about the size of my head! This food was beyond good. Each one of us absolutely loved our meals.

Nope. Donít think DD liked her Build-A-Dino. . .

Yup. We had left-overs.

Our waiter brought us two ice cream sundaes, for our anniversary. Didnít get a picture of them, but it took all four of us to even put a dent in them. We were just so full from our dinners. For the appetizer, four entrees, 2 iced teas, 2 Cokes and a Shark Water, our total came to $115 plus tip. Luckily, I had $75 worth of gift cards from doing MyPoints. That brought the bill down a touch. ;D

After dinner, we stopped back in to Build-A-Dino and got a couple of accessories for her dino. She got a baseball hat, sunglasses and sneakers for a grand total of $17.04.

Continued in next post -- too many pictures.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #143
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

We were wondering if we would get rained on. The sky was a little threatening. Thereís a bit of lightning going on in that cloud.

We wandered Downtown Disney for a while again. We loved looking in the shops. In Once Upon A Toy, we let DD do the Build A Light Saber. Total here was $21.25.

We had some fun looking around in different shops.

Seriously?? $50 for a rice crispy treat with a little frosting???

In Disneyís Wonderful World of Memories, we got DD a new Mickey Ears hat, with a Pluto patch and fireworks ears. Total $15.87.

I took the bar codes off the back of the ears and stuck them on DD. She didnít really appreciate it!

It was almost 10:00 pm by the time we got back to our room. Iím very glad we got in early at T-Rex. We would have still been eating at 10:00 pm if we had kept the 8:00 pm ressie!

We just vegged in the room and finished packing up. We had to leave early the next morning.

Up next Ė we leave Disney Ė but the vacation isnít over yet!

Old 11-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #144
debf
Mouseketeer

Great update. Cute dino your DD made. We ate at T-REX last year and the portions are huge. We really enjoyed the restaurant. DS thought it was so cool. Actually we all did. $50 for the rice crispy cake seems a bit much. Although I am a frosting loving gal so that part looked really good. Oh yeah, I loved your moms faace after trying your DD's drink. I'm looking foward to another update. I've really enjoyed your trip report.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #145
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Great installment!! The dino is adorable.

Thanks so much for all the T Rex pictures, it is on the agenda for our upcoming trip. Bill is DYING to go there.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #146
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR today, I am only on page 5 but I didn't want to wait any longer to comment. Really enjoying the TR, it was neat to see the pics from the auto train. DH and I were there the week before you and it was HOT! More crowded than I was expecting, too. We were at POR. It is really beautiful there (in Magnolia Bend).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post

I have stayed at POFQ a couple times and it has always been a fave, lots of family memories there too. Funny story, my sister Linda was taking advantage of a photo op and backed up into that fountain in the lobby there! We got a good laugh from that one, she didn't think it was too funny at the time but she eventually could laugh about it. My mom wasn't thrilled-Linda was using Her camera to take the pic and it went into the fountain with her, this is the days before digital cameras. That camera was done for after that, about half the pics on that roll came out somewhat, though, strangely enough. She passed away in 2000 but I think of her obviousy a lot but especially when I see that fountain in pics, etc.

We are sort of neighbors, too, I am just north of Canandaigua in Farmington. About 20 miles south of Rochester. We came home from our trip to the cold and light snow (the 9th).

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 11-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #147
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debf View Post
Great update. Cute dino your DD made. We ate at T-REX last year and the portions are huge. We really enjoyed the restaurant. DS thought it was so cool. Actually we all did. $50 for the rice crispy cake seems a bit much. Although I am a frosting loving gal so that part looked really good. Oh yeah, I loved your moms faace after trying your DD's drink. I'm looking foward to another update. I've really enjoyed your trip report.
Thank you! The T-Rex portions ARE huge! I would have loved the rice krispy treat, but wow. $50... Yikes. Another update will be coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Great installment!! The dino is adorable.

Thanks so much for all the T Rex pictures, it is on the agenda for our upcoming trip. Bill is DYING to go there.
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I have more T-Rex pictures in my Flickr account. On the right-hand side, click on May 2010 Disney Trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I just found your TR today, I am only on page 5 but I didn't want to wait any longer to comment. Really enjoying the TR, it was neat to see the pics from the auto train. DH and I were there the week before you and it was HOT! More crowded than I was expecting, too. We were at POR. It is really beautiful there (in Magnolia Bend).

I have stayed at POFQ a couple times and it has always been a fave, lots of family memories there too. Funny story, my sister Linda was taking advantage of a photo op and backed up into that fountain in the lobby there! We got a good laugh from that one, she didn't think it was too funny at the time but she eventually could laugh about it. My mom wasn't thrilled-Linda was using Her camera to take the pic and it went into the fountain with her, this is the days before digital cameras. That camera was done for after that, about half the pics on that roll came out somewhat, though, strangely enough. She passed away in 2000 but I think of her obviousy a lot but especially when I see that fountain in pics, etc.

We are sort of neighbors, too, I am just north of Canandaigua in Farmington. About 20 miles south of Rochester. We came home from our trip to the cold and light snow (the 9th).
Welcome!! Good story about the fountain pictures. I love when pictures bring back memories...

We are sort of neighbors! Small world, huh?

Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #148
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Travel Day 10 - Wednesday, May 19th

We were leaving Disney World this morning. We knew we had a lot that we wanted to get done today, so we were up fairly early this morning. We loaded up the last of the stuff in the truck and headed off Disney World property for the last time this trip.

We went to IHOP on Apopka-Vineland Blvd for breakfast, arriving right around 7:15 am.

Our total here was $46.24.

DH had the Colorado omelet with pancakes and OJ.

Mom had stuffed french toast with eggs, bacon, hash browns and coffee.

DD had a cheese omelet with hashbrowns and toast with chocolate milk.

I had a ham & cheese omelete with fruit and a Coke.

We spent about an hour here, leaving at 8:35am. We didn't hurry over our food, as it was really very good. We took a little time to enjoy it. We were full and happy by the time we left. And we were heading to GATOR LAND!!!! Redneck paradise!

After paying $1.25 in tolls, we arrived at Gatorland at 8:50 am. They open at 9:00 am, so we took a few pictures and made a pit stop at the restrooms.

Three adult tickets, one child ticket and four all-day train passes came to a grand total of $97.94.

This place was really neat! There was a lot to see, but you could see it at your own pace. We didnít see a couple of the shows they do. If you want to see those, Iíd plan on a full day here. We had allowed the morning and very early afternoon.

Shortly after we entered, my camera batteries were starting to die! I had extras in the truck, and DH ran out to get them. We just hung around the front of the park, near the smaller alligators while we waited for him to return.

There was so much to see.

This sign amused me.

Brave turtle.

DD got a pressed penny to add to her collection.

Uhh.. Yeah. Itís fake.

One of my faveís. Itís my desktop wallpaper now.

Iím just glad there was nice thick glass between me and this dude.

I think we'll stop here for now, just because of the sheer number of pictures. I'll post more shortly.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #149
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I'm finally all caught up!

Great updates, but i'm sad to see your trip coming to an end

Looking forward to hearing how the rest of your last day went
Old 11-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #150
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

awesome update1 can't wait to see more from here!
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: