Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

2nd Disney trip..DONE!

Just got back last night! Had fun but glad to be home!

Left Thursday night (the 30th)...drove from NY to GA, stayed over night. Finished the trip the next morning and got to our resort (Movies) about lunchtime. Check-in was a disaster!! We had requested adjoining rooms when we booked back in Sept. as we were travelling with my brother and sister. So once we finally got to the counter we asked about it and the lady said she had to ask her supervisor. She left and was over in the corner talking with her for a good 15-20 mins. Other then that the resort was great. Our double stroller from magic strollers was there and was awesome! The food court was a bit of a zoo at times but the food was decent, no complaints there. After lunch, we went to DTD..........seriously crowded! It was like shoulder to shoulder at times! We then headed to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations. We missed this show last time, glad we seen it this time! It was great!

Next day, we went to DHS. Very crowded! Lines were ridiculous! Stunt show was cool (we missed it last time). Osborne lights were pretty cool! Osborne lights and the honey I shrunk the kids play area were the only reasons we went to DHS on the 1st day (missed the play area last time)....since both were ending on the 3rd, so I was very disappointed when we finally found the play area, got the kids out of the stroller and they were closing it up! My kids would've loved it...oh well.

Next day was MK, that morning we did the Ohana breakfast. It was so cute. It was our 1st character meal. We enjoyed the food (that juice is YUMMY!) and the kids loved the little parade they do at the end. Anyway MK was very crowded! OMG! Lines were crazy..gotta love fastpasses! Since we did the breakfast, we were at MK right before it opened and did toy story, stitch, monsters inc all within the first 45 mins....no lines, no waiting! My son loved space mountain, well not at the time because he was scared, lol....but loved it afterwards. My extreme complaint is the fact that the castle was suppose to be lit up in icicles....and it wasn't! I read in a few places that they're suppose to be on until the 3rd and sometimes longer. We went on the 3rd! We were pretty disappointed. The lights were still on the castle, just not turned on....very sad. But the fireworks were just as great as I remember, very nice show....the kids faces were great.

Next day was Epcot, again pretty crowded. Kids loved soarin! The test track IMO was a waste of time...definitely not what I expected. Paid $12 for a disgusting margarita, lol. The storm simulator was pretty cool.

Last day was Animal Kingdom. I love it...but again VERY crowded! We went to AK the last day because it was open until 8pm instead of 5pm....so after the Lion King show, we walked out and herds were walking one way towards the exit. So we were confused because there was quite a few things we didn't do yet because we thought they were open until 8pm. My husband walked into a shop and asked about closing time and the cashier said 5pm! So we stopped in the gift shop while my sister and brother took off for a bus. We were all pretty ticked! Well on the way out....already out the gate, we were seeing some people just walking in and going through where they check your bags. I decided to ask one of the security folks and he said if you're staying at a resort, it's open until 8pm! Thanks for having that on the times guide and thanks to the cashier that forgot to mention that! So we head back in! My poor brother and sister were already on their way back to the hotel! Well we go back in and discover that now that it's starting to get dark, they close rafiki planet, so the kids missed out on the animal petting/feeding. And the one nature walk was now closed as well. We went to the dino dig up area, the kids had fun there! Me and my son rode Everest again....he kinda liked it, lol. We ended up leaving at 7pm. That night after the kids went to bed, hubby and I went to DTD by ourselves....it was much less crowded! Nice and relaxing!

Oh, we had the free dining and OMG was that a lot of food!!! 2 QS and 2 snacks/day....it was crazy! Way too much food, we got 90% of the snacks and bought them home, lol. But I will say this, we'll never go to Disney without the free dining, it really saved us a lot of money and I would never pay for it. The refillable mug is somewhat of a waste if you don't drink soda. When we stayed at POP the 1st trip, they had juice in the morning for breakfast....well Movies doesn't, so you have to buy it. We rarely drink soda, and that's all they had out. Actually they had hot chocolate which was like chocolate water and some sort of cranberry cocktail juice, which we only drink 100%. So if you're an oj drinker for breakfast, it'll do you no good. The buses were very good....had to wait a little here and there but we have no complaints there.

We discovered our daughter is a daredevil! She LOVED tower of terror and haunted mansion...wanted to go again while her brother was practically crying, lol. Funny girl! Another surprise was the crowds! Not only did we pick this week for the free dining but we figured kids will be back in school, so the crowds would be limited....we were waaaaaaay wrong! I HATE crowds BUT normally don't complain because it's expected at places like Disney, but I will say it was crazy! However, the cast members did a good job moving people along on the rides and in food lines. Oh and the riders swap is a joke! Last time, we didn't know about this...so we thought we'd try it this time. Luckily our son was big enough to go on almost everything but there was a few our daughter couldn't. Like space mountain....we planned on me riding with my son while hubby stays with our daughter. We go through the line and the lady tells my husband to go stay with our daughter where we get let off the ride. Ok...he did that but still had to wait in line for the same amount of time after we got off. Same with Everest....she couldn't ride, so there was no standing near where they get on and off to switch....I was told to wait in the gift shop, then had to wait in line just like everyone else. So needless to say, I don't get the whole riders swap thing. So anyway....overall it was a great trip! Kids were a bit bratty at times but it was somewhat expected. Ok, night all! Oh and I miss the 70 degree weather!! I'm in the process of talking hubby into moving, this 16 degree weather sucks, I'm sick of pretending to be an eskimo.
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)

Last edited by SweetMissy; 01-10-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Glad you had fun!

Moving this to the Trip Reports Board.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a good trip and that you liked Ohana. I remember you posting about trying to pick a good character meal. I don't always recognize usernames but your avatar picture just sticks in my head--it's hysterical!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Glad you had a good trip and that you liked Ohana. I remember you posting about trying to pick a good character meal. I don't always recognize usernames but your avatar picture just sticks in my head--it's hysterical!
LOL....glad it makes you remember me! Yes Ohana was good. The food was better then I expected.
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
Old 01-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post
LOL....glad it makes you remember me! Yes Ohana was good. The food was better then I expected.
One more thing--what did the refillable mug look like? Was it red with the characters on it, saying "what will you celebrate"? Thanks.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
One more thing--what did the refillable mug look like? Was it red with the characters on it, saying "what will you celebrate"? Thanks.
No, ours have the characters but it says "Celebrate Today" on them. They have red, black or yellow tops.
Pop Century...3/2006!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
Old 01-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #7
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMissy View Post
No, ours have the characters but it says "Celebrate Today" on them. They have red, black or yellow tops.
Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: