Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
bigmama67
DIS Veteran

Discounts for Essex Steam Train/Riverboat?

Does anyone know where I might find these? We are planning to do the train/boat ride combo this coming Saturday on our way up to Massachusetts. I haven't had any luck finding discounts so far. It will be 2 adults, DS who is 7 y.o. and my 1 y.o. DD who is free. Thanks for any info.

1 dog, 4 cats (RIP beloved Bridget and Guthrie), 2 fish...

Trying to get back since our first family trip in '07...Currently Hoping/Wishing/Planning for: AUGUST 2015 (DS 6th grade graduation/DD K graduation trip):Two weeks, 9 parks! POFQ perhaps?

-to-be (Currently Paraprofessional)!
bigmama67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
bigmama67
DIS Veteran

Bumping...anyone?

Trying to get back since our first family trip in '07...Currently Hoping/Wishing/Planning for: AUGUST 2015 (DS 6th grade graduation/DD K graduation trip):Two weeks, 9 parks! POFQ perhaps?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

There are no discounts.

They don't do AAA nor do they have any promotional codes when buying tickets on line or any coupons.

I live in the area of the train (heard it today while I was outside with the kids).

I am not sure which time you plan on going on the train (11, 12:30, 2 or 3:30{boat only}) but I do know they will hold up the 11am train for a few minutes if they see straglers in the parking lot but not for more then 5 minutes. The other times they don't hold up because they meet up with the boat after that.

We go on the train every year, well usually twice a year & rarely 3 times a year. Luckily we get a free ride because we are locals & they do that every year. They didn't do the free boat this year which was fine by me since I can easily go to our boat dock & look at where we rode up the river.

And we do the North Pole Express. Last year my son had his b-day on the Caboose. The kids loved it which I was some what surprised since they were all local kids to the area where the train went.

If you have any questions about the area you can PM me. There really isn't too much here. We are just a few small towns nestled together.

Oh & I think your 1 yo is free so that helps.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:58 AM   #4
bigmama67
DIS Veteran

OK, thanks! We are looking forward to it. If you do it every year then I guess it's as enjoyable as it looks. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some coupon or something. It's always worth a try. I'm surprised they don't do AAA or the Entertainment book, but I guess they don't need to. I'm glad they do a free trip for the local area. That's nice.

We're planning to leave NJ by 8:30 so we should have no trouble making the 12:30 (I hope!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: