Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #1396
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 5

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 5

Back to the pictures of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade

Santa’s Toyland unit

Chip and Dale in the Humdinger

Woody and his Rocking Horse

Toy Factory Elves

Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket, & Pinocchio on top of the Toy Factory float

Buzz Lightyear in his spaceship

Seven Dwarves

Christmas Tree

Finale Dancers

The Reindeers

Santa atop his Sleigh

That is it for “A Christmas Fantasy” parade and I will get to the next part of the TR in just awhile.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:38 AM   #1397
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

The Believe video came out great!
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #1398
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
The Believe video came out great!
Thanks Matt. I'm glad that the video came out better then I thought. How do you compare this years Believe from my last years?

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 6

When “A Christmas Fantasy” parade was over, I was close to Mickey’s Toontown so I decided to head on over there and get some pics of any of the Holiday decorations. Before I got to MTT, I was disappointed to see on Micechat Dateline in a couple of weeks before I came to DL that MTT doesn’t have the regular trees at City Hall, Mickey and Minnie’s house. But I will talk about that later when I get to the trees. Let’s get to the TR since you are waiting to see all the trees, wreaths, garlands, etc. in MTT.

Over at IASWH, most of the guests that were around for the parade went straight on the ride. It was a short wait while the parade was going and then when the parade was over, the wait time went way up. The CMs had to ask the guests to go around the left side instead of going through the entrance in the middle.

I head on over to MTT and it was nice to see the decorations. Some of them have changed since last year and this year. But my mission at MTT was to find all the Holiday decorations around the land. Now lets get started with the quests.

First was the wreath was the firehouse

RRCS

RRCS Wreath

Wreath by the Horace Horsecollar Gym

More wreaths on TT Five Dime

Here is MTT City Hall Christmas Tree. This tree if you don’t know once was the Christmas tree at Mickey’s Toontown Fair at the MK in WDW. I just don’t know why DL management would bring this ugly tree to MTT in DL after using the big ornament Christmas tree over the years. It is just a ugly plastic tree that DL is recycling after using those other trees in the past. I hope that DL will one day take these ugly trees out of here and use the regular ones that they have used in the past.

Toontown City Hall

Wreath by the Trolley Station #1

Wreath by the Trolley Station #2

Goofy’s House

Mickey’s House

Here is Minnie’s ugly Christmas tree which was from the former MTT Fair at the MK. Once again another ugly plastic tree that DL has brought from the old land and it doesn’t look good either, I can tell you that the next one is not that good either.

Mickey’s Christmas Tree. I am not going to say anything more about it as you know what I am going to say.

There were quite a number of people in the queue to see Minnie

Donald Duck Christmas Wreath (at least they haven’t changed it)

Goofy’s Christmas Wreath

Wreath by the Trolley Station #3

The last wreath I could find in MTT.

That concludes my adventure of the tree, wreath and garland quest at MTT. I head on out of MTT and on my next land to find any Holiday decorations. I will get back to you later today.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #1399
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I think nastalgia is wearing people thin. Those trees borrowed from TT in WDW are more TTish.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #1400
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think nastalgia is wearing people thin. Those trees borrowed from TT in WDW are more TTish.
You are correct that those trees are from the former TT at WDW. I just don't like those plastic trees.

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 7

I left off just leaving MTT and I head on back to the Hub so I can get some pictures of the radio booths around the Hub. The park crowd levels started to pick up even more with more and more people going on the popular rides. IASWH was already at 30+ minute wait, SLCB was at 30+ and rides like Tea Cups and AiW had long lines.

After leaving FL, I was back at the Hub and there were still activities at the radio booths around the Hub. I saw that my local radio KHTK 1140 was there.

Here is one of the stages in front of SB Castle, but they were already done and begun to disassemble the stage.

Matt this is what I was talking about not being able to get the curb side for the fireworks. You can see that the booths are at the edges of the curb for most of the day.

More pics of the radio booths around the Hub

I left the Hub and the next spot to get Holiday decorations is Frontierland.

Wreaths by the entrance of Frontierland

Frontierland Entrance

So I am now in Frontierland and the first decorations are the Pioneer Mercantile Store

Now I past the Golden Horseshoe

The ROA was nice and quiet not as bad as I have thought

Now here is my favorite part of the Holiday season at DL which is NOS. This is for you Sherry E which is one of your favorite lands during the Holiday season. This is a place where you can get a lot of pics of the trees, wreaths, garlands, etc. for any of the Quests. Some of the decorations look so great and some of them don’t look good. But I will talk about it during my post. At least there wasn’t that many people so it would be easy to take a lot of pictures without any people in my way.

The big Christmas Wreath is still there since last year.

A lot of different decorations on the Disney Dream Suite balcony

This year they added some different decorations that weren’t there last year and this year. The noticeable change to the railings of the balconies are that there are no neon/light up color shape decorations like ornaments, etc. As I have said it before on other threads that DL management has tone downed the decorations this year.

That’s it for now and I will get back to you later tonight.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:48 AM   #1401
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

What I mean about the new Christmas Trees in Toontown, is that have the cartoonish fell of a toon town. I'd like to see them side by side with the old ones, to be sure.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #1402
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Today I am Thankful for Bret's trip report! I've got the turkey roasting and have just spend a VERY enjoyable time looking through MTT, FrontierLand, and NOS.

I must admit MTT isn't my cup of tea. Now Frontierland and NOS is great.

LOVED the parade pics! I'm hoping I can talk the men folk into watching with me when we travel to DL. I'm pretty sure I can

Happy Thanksgiving Bret and your TR followers!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #1403
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What I mean about the new Christmas Trees in Toontown, is that have the cartoonish fell of a toon town. I'd like to see them side by side with the old ones, to be sure.
I know what you mean Matt. The WDW MK trees look cartoonish and fits nice to the theme of MTT, but I like the tree worked on by the CMs instead of just putting it in the side of the warehouse and bring it out.

Here are the trees at Mickey and Minnie house from this year and last year

Mickey's Christmas Tree from last year

Mickey's Christmas Tree this year

Minnie's Christmas Tree from last year

Minnie's Christmas Tree this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Today I am Thankful for Bret's trip report! I've got the turkey roasting and have just spend a VERY enjoyable time looking through MTT, FrontierLand, and NOS.

I must admit MTT isn't my cup of tea. Now Frontierland and NOS is great.

LOVED the parade pics! I'm hoping I can talk the men folk into watching with me when we travel to DL. I'm pretty sure I can

Happy Thanksgiving Bret and your TR followers!
Thank you TK. Glad that you are enjoying Thanksgiving morning checking out my TR.

MTT is still great with the Holiday decorations, but it isn't the same this year without the trees at City Hall, Mickey and Minnie's house. Frontierland and NOS are always great during the Holiday season. This is only the beginning of the Holiday TR and I sitll have a lot to do.

Happy Thanksgiving to you TK and your family. And also to the followers.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #1404
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 8

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 8

Now back to the TR and in NOS with all of the different Holiday decorations.

Decorations right by Café Orleans

Wreath by Café Orleans

Wreaths over the LeBat en Rouge Store

LeBat en Rouge Store with Holiday decorations

Cristal d’Orlean store with wreaths

Mile Antoinette’s Parfumerie wreath

Court of Angels Christmas tree

I was really tired that day and didn’t have anything to eat, so I decided to head on back to the hotel and meet up with my DA to have dinner. On the way out, I had to get more pics of NOS in different angles.

I forgot to mention that POTC and BB were still closed. It was disappointing to see both places closed, but it needs a refurbishment.

Wall covers covering the entrance of POTC as well as the Dream Suite

Now back in MS

The flowers right by MS Town Square Flag Retreat

I head on out close to the turnstile and had to get the snow and flakes on the turnstile back side

I didn’t go in DCA that afternoon, but I might go there later that day. We will wait and see on the next post of my TR.

I head on back to the room around 4:00pm and I rested up for awhile until it was time to have dinner.

We left the room around 5:00pm with our equipment which of course is the video camera, tripod, blanket etc. I always take with me for staking out a spot for the fireworks. We thought about eating inside the park, but my DA wanted to try Tony Roma’s restaurant right next to our hotel. So we went over there and have the BBQ ribs and sandwich.

It was good and now it was time to head on over to the park. But we had too much food left over, so we went back to the room to drop off the food.

I will get back to you later today with my adventures at night.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #1405
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I do not like the new trees in Toon Town. They can have them back in Florida. Boo. But I do love your picture Bret.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #1406
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

This seems like it's awfully later to get a perfect spot to film the fireworks. Wasn't it crowed there with the late parade and castle lighting?
Old 11-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #1407
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I do not like the new trees in Toon Town. They can have them back in Florida. Boo. But I do love your picture Bret.
I said the same thing when I first saw the Christmas trees at MTT. Thank you Michele.

Quote:
This seems like it's awfully later to get a perfect spot to film the fireworks. Wasn't it crowed there with the late parade and castle lighting?
It was around 6pm when my DA and I left the hotel and on our way to the park. I mostly get a spot in front of SB Castle about 2 to 2 1/2 hours until the fireworks schedule time. The parade should already been at FL when we got to the park and we did miss the 5pm & 5:15pm Wintertime Enchantment Lighting. I now working on my next post so stay tuned to the next part of my TR.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #1408
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 9

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 9

So my DA and I left BWAI around 6pm and we head on over back to DL for the nighttime events.

On the way, there were quite a number of people heading on in the park. The turnstiles were about close to the monorail beam. The middle right turnstile was open along with the right side turnstile.

We got in the park around 6:15pm and the first thing we did since the parade just finished and a lot of people were walking down the park, we head on in the Disney Gallery and see the Trains of Disney.

I am a huge fan of the trains at any of the Disney parks and was glad that they did a gallery of the trains at the Disney parks. I was looking forward to all the different art work and treasures of the Disney Company.

One of Walt Disney rail cars from his Carolwood Pacific Railroad and the original cross track

Excursion Car design at DL

BTMRR Engine

BTMRR Art Design

Engine Designs from Tokyo Disneyland

Casey Jr Art work

After leaving the Disney Gallery, we head on over to the Disney Showcase store and look at the Christmas merchandise. I only got a few since we were looking closely at the ornaments. Here are some pics from the store and I did get more later on the trip.

Here is a tree in the store

Then we head on out of the store. The first thing we saw was the MS Town Square Christmas Tree which great during the Holiday season.

That’s it for this post and I will get back to you later.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #1409
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Cool Report Bret!! I went yesterday.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #1410
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

The train display looks great. I can't wait to see it. Great installment
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: