Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #1351
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess
 
Goofy_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 2,540

Hello!! I'm looking foward to your pictures and other little tid bits!! Cafe Orleans is my new favorite table service, their pomme frits are fabulous. For my upcoming trip I plan to try their bengiets (I never could spell that). We haven't been since last November and looking foward to the new places to eat at DCA.
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]
Goofy_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #1352
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,233

Thanks for the suggestions Bret. I think we'll try for reservations at Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe (lunch), Storytellers Cafe, and a WOC picnic dinner for the FPs. Have you heard anything about the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ?

I think we'll be doing a lot more counter service meals than we do at WDW where there is a plethera of TS dining locations.

Do you have any idea of park hours for Dec 31- Jan 6? DL at 0700 with ealy entry, DCA at 10 am?

I want to start my planning grid....
TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #1353
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
Hello!! I'm looking foward to your pictures and other little tid bits!! Cafe Orleans is my new favorite table service, their pomme frits are fabulous. For my upcoming trip I plan to try their bengiets (I never could spell that). We haven't been since last November and looking foward to the new places to eat at DCA.
Hey there Kirsten. It's nice to hear from you again. I saw your pics on the Christmas Superthread and they were all nice. Thanks for coming along my trip and I will do my best to get most of the Holiday pics at the DLR. CO is one of my favorite sit down restaurants, but I got to one day make a reservation one day and try the pomme frits. Yes I can't believe I haven't tried that appetizer at CO after all these years but I will definitely try that when I do CO one day. I believe it was called beignets. You should try out Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta restaurant since they have good flat bread pizza and pasta.

Glad to hear that you and your kids are getting APs during your upcoming trip. Hope that you and your family will have a great time when you get your APs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Thanks for the suggestions Bret. I think we'll try for reservations at Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe (lunch), Storytellers Cafe, and a WOC picnic dinner for the FPs. Have you heard anything about the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ?

I think we'll be doing a lot more counter service meals than we do at WDW where there is a plethera of TS dining locations.

Do you have any idea of park hours for Dec 31- Jan 6? DL at 0700 with ealy entry, DCA at 10 am?

I want to start my planning grid....
TK
Your welcome TK. Your restaurants are good picks during your trip and remember that if you do the WoC picnic you and your group will get yellow FPs for any of the shows. Back when I did it in August it is only yellow. In the past, you had a choice between blue and yellow. I would look at the WoC viewing section and see where you and your group want to watch WoC. You can also get a blue FP when the park opens half an hour and try the fire hydrant spot that I like to watch. I haven't heard anything new about BTR BBQ, but I will check it out this weekend if the menu has changed.

DLR does have way less sit down restaurants than WDW, but most of the quick counter restaurants are very good and good portion size for the price. I would assume that you will be getting a Dole Whip at the Tiki Juice Bar during your trip? That reminds me that I have to get a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle at the MK during my trip next month. So looks like there is another must do at WDW next month.

In my estimation from past park hour history days at the DLR. On New Years Eve, DL should be open from 8am to 2am and DCA at 10am to 1am. DL should have a MM that Saturday and open from 7am to 8am. On the days like Jan 1st & 2nd, which is Sunday & Monday should be the the regular weekend hours of 8am to 12am at DL & 10am to 10pm at DCA. The days like Jan. 3rd to 5th will be the shorten days of 9am to 8pm at DL & 10am to 8pm at DCA. Friday should be a 9am to 12am at DL & 10am to 10pm at DCA. MM will most likely be on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays as usual. That is my estimation of what the times will be early January. In a few weeks, the schedules for those time will be there shortly so you can make your plans. I would take advantage of MM at DL and take advantage of DCA in the morning while you are staying on-site since you can enjoy the park while it is empty. WoC will be a big difference if you plan on getting a blue FP for the 1st show and try out the fire hydrant spot.

Hope this helps you TK and are you going to start a PTR for your upcoming trip?
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #1354
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,365

Awww C'mon do it! You know you want to stay another day. You're still young and bounce back easily! Unlike old fogies like me who is really hurting from my overnight trip. However our band really rocked the place, so I'm happy!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #1355
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Thanks for the suggestions Bret. I think we'll try for reservations at Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe (lunch), Storytellers Cafe, and a WOC picnic dinner for the FPs. Have you heard anything about the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ?

I think we'll be doing a lot more counter service meals than we do at WDW where there is a plethera of TS dining locations.

Do you have any idea of park hours for Dec 31- Jan 6? DL at 0700 with ealy entry, DCA at 10 am?

I want to start my planning grid....
TK
You didn't ask, but I really think that Ralph Brennan's Cafe is a wonderful place to eat. We never order entrees, but just get 4-5 appetizers for two of us and desserts. The Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffle is to die for!

I also like the Bengal Barbeque for a snack, and the place NO Square with the Gumbo in the Bread Bowl is really good too. In DCA no trip would be complete without a trip to the Corn Dog Palace!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #1356
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
You didn't ask, but I really think that Ralph Brennan's Cafe is a wonderful place to eat. We never order entrees, but just get 4-5 appetizers for two of us and desserts. The Chocolate Bread Pudding Souffle is to die for!

I also like the Bengal Barbeque for a snack, and the place NO Square with the Gumbo in the Bread Bowl is really good too. In DCA no trip would be complete without a trip to the Corn Dog Palace!
Great! Thanks for the tips. We've never eaten at the Corn Dog Palace. Lots of places on our list now
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #1357
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,997

Okay you were right TK and Allison, I made the decision and we will be staying another day at DL for my Holiday trip in just a couple of days. It was a tough decision of going another day especially I should be back in town. But my DA could use the extra day off away from home. I'm so happy right now that the weather at Anaheim has changed and it will be nice on Friday and Saturday, but early Sunday should have some shower as well as Monday morning. It will be nice to get some pics of DL when it is raining since the parks should be part empty on rainy days.

So right now I am still going with my original plans for the nighttime events. But early during those mornings, we will do HMH and IASWH at DL since both of those rides do get long queues during the afternoon and night. I will have to do MFW like I always do and get good aerial photos of Cars Land. We will try to get in for TSMM, but that might not happen since the crowd levels should be high on that weekend.

Looks like everything is all planned and I will revised my signature and everything else. We're looking forward to this trip and hope everything goes well.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #1358
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,233

YEAH! I'm glad you booked the extra time in DL with your DA. Only two more days!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #1359
Lil' Grumpy
Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Sweetie
 
Lil' Grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: chillicothe,oh
Posts: 2,782

, dear friend!

....caught you just in time..before your holiday adventures?

on the other site, they posted a super~holiday thread. ha! everyone
knows the best "picture show" will be found here!

ok...here's what we 've been doing- we are coming back! next year,
may 26th, on our way to aluani! maybe we will eventually "bump"
into the lil'mermaid. after all, if i was a mermaid that's where i be
hanging out. just in case,i be bring my special pulka necklace.
have you seen the picture of mickey wearing one? my is not
quite that big. but it is authentic & is almost as big...

had a very dear friend from the 70's....and his grandmother made it.
not the tourist type. it is impressive & can't wait to bring it back
home!


i have been working on a "thank-you" gift for the diser that sent
us a copy of their dvd on our alaska cruise. however, your pictures
would very important , filing in some of the blanks after we stop
@ disneyland/grand california. oh, that's where we will being
staying again next may. . if you find time to pm your address,
sure would like to send a small but disney thank you for helping us.

we are very excited about going to disneyland-& to alunai !

have a great christmas vacation ! { isn't every disneyland trip like
christmas morning?}
__________________
& = + +
Lil' Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #1360
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
YEAH! I'm glad you booked the extra time in DL with your DA. Only two more days!
Thank you TK. I am so looking forward tomorrow and I will try to get some pics up tomorrow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Grumpy View Post
, dear friend!

....caught you just in time..before your holiday adventures?

on the other site, they posted a super~holiday thread. ha! everyone
knows the best "picture show" will be found here!

ok...here's what we 've been doing- we are coming back! next year,
may 26th, on our way to aluani! maybe we will eventually "bump"
into the lil'mermaid. after all, if i was a mermaid that's where i be
hanging out. just in case,i be bring my special pulka necklace.
have you seen the picture of mickey wearing one? my is not
quite that big. but it is authentic & is almost as big...

had a very dear friend from the 70's....and his grandmother made it.
not the tourist type. it is impressive & can't wait to bring it back
home!


i have been working on a "thank-you" gift for the diser that sent
us a copy of their dvd on our alaska cruise. however, your pictures
would very important , filing in some of the blanks after we stop
@ disneyland/grand california. oh, that's where we will being
staying again next may. . if you find time to pm your address,
sure would like to send a small but disney thank you for helping us.

we are very excited about going to disneyland-& to alunai !

have a great christmas vacation ! { isn't every disneyland trip like
christmas morning?}
If you are talking about the Disneyland at Christmas Time Superthread I have posted a lot of my Holiday pictures on that site. It is a great site to find out any information for the Holiday season at the DLR.

Great to hear that you and your family have your dates all set up for the Aulani trip in May. I don't think I have ever see Mickey with the necklace on, but it will be nice to see it.

It must be exciting to go to Aulani and then DL in the same month. It's my pleasure that you enjoyed my pictures and thank you for the nice offering. I will give you my address shortly.

Thank you for following along my TR and I will do my best to give a live update of my TR this weekend.

It does feel like a trip to DL feels like a Christmas morning.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #1361
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran
 
tksbaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 4,233

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Thank you TK. I am so looking forward tomorrow and I will try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Thank you for following along my TR and I will do my best to give a live update of my TR this weekend.

It does feel like a trip to DL feels like a Christmas morning.
Looking forward to pics of my happy place all decorated for Christmas! We just got word that our DVC waitlist for New Year's Eve came through so we get to stay the entire week at the Grand Californian Villas!

Have a safe trip Bret!
TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #1362
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Almost on your way. I suspect this quick trip will keep your shutter moving.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #1363
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,997

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Looking forward to pics of my happy place all decorated for Christmas! We just got word that our DVC waitlist for New Year's Eve came through so we get to stay the entire week at the Grand Californian Villas!

Have a safe trip Bret!
TK
Can't wait to leave tomorrow morning and arrive at the happiest place on earth during the Holiday season.

Im so excited to hear that you will best staying at the GCH villas during your trip. When you are can you get some pics of the villa?

I will be back on the thread tomorrow and five my update.

Thank you TK


Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Almost on your way. I suspect this quick trip will keep your shutter moving.
tomorrow is the day and I can't wait till tomorrow morning. I should have plenty of pics this week.

Thanks Matt
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #1364
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Have fun Bret!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #1365
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran
 
mvf-m11c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,997

Thank you Michele.

While my DA and I are waiting for "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks, I thought I check in and say that we got he safely around 1pm today. I have already uploaded some pics from my day today and you can check it out on my flickr account. Later*tonight, I will show some pics from today.

Ill give you a quick update it wont be the official update of my TR, but i will get it part started since we are waiting for the fireworks.*

my DA stayed at BWAI instead of coming with me to DL when we got to our room. I arrived at the park around 1:45 pm and the first thing I did was take as many pics of the Holiday decorations when I walked through MS. At the hub, there were alot of booths around the hub and just like last year, they were radio booths from different radio shows from around California, Arizona, and nevada. This was just like last year when they occupied the sidewalks for live broadcasting. At the front of SB castle, there was some kind of taping at the left and right side. I will have to talk about that later.

It was almost time for the first show of "A Christmas Fantasy" parade and I decided to head on over towards IASW area since they get less people then on MS. I videotaped and took pictures of the parade.*

After the parade, I head on over to MTT and find as many Christmas decorations around the area. I also saw those awful trees at City Ha,, Mickey and Minnie's house which is not the same.

I head on over to Frontierland and got some pics of the garland. Then it was NOS which is one of my favorite lands during the Christmas season. But this year was a little different from last year and past years. There were some decorations that I have seen before and not seen before. Maybe I need to look at my pics later today and tell you what I think of the decorations of NOS.

It was time to head on back to the room since I haven't eaten all day since breakfast. I took some more pics of the decorations on my way unit from MS. But I will be getting more*
Is later on this trip.

Thank you for following my TR.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: