Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #1156
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Thank you ssuriano.

Thank you Lil' Grumpy

The Aulani Resort and Spa looks very nice. I hope that you will be able to go to that resort since the presentation showed a lot of nice pictures.

Yea, good thing that it was only a minor bump during that day. But it didn't affected the whole day which was a good thing.

Same here Jillian. I can't wait until Buena Vista Street is opened next summer. The alternate queue to DCA is not that bad as I have heard.

Thank you

Thank you Michele.

I have heard that guests will travel through a village square surrounded by fairytale cottages and pavilions to the heart of the square. The village square will come alive with activities and entertainment, including a Royal Ribbon Parade where guests can dance and interact with Belle or Rapunzel. Guests can visit the their favorite Disney royalty at the Fantasy Faire.

The Fantasy Faire Stage will be a new entertainment venue where the stories of Disney’s fairy tale heroes and heroines will be brought to life, letting guests become part of the story as well.

‪And at night, the Fantasy Faire Stage will come alive with the classic music and dance offerings that Disneyland park guests have loved for years.

That is very interesting for the young kids to meet their favorite Disney princesses and get to interact with them with all sorts of activities and entertainment.

I will get back to the TR later tonight so stay tune.

Young kids? I am excited at the thought myself. That sounds great!! Thank you. I look forward to your next installment!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:08 AM   #1157
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – August 19, 2011 – Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Young kids? I am excited at the thought myself. That sounds great!! Thank you. I look forward to your next installment!!
It will be interesting to see the Fantasy Faire in the future.

Now here are pictures from the WD Parks and Resorts Pavilion. Hey skiingfast (Matt) this is what you want me to get for you when I was at the Expo. Hope you enjoy all these pictures. This will take awhile to show everyone the pics, so here are the pics from the pavilion.

Day 1 – August 19, 2011 – Part 8

I have just left off at the WD Parks and Resorts pavilion. They showed a lot of models and ride vehicles for Cars Land.

Arts of the new Fantasyland at the MK

Now here are pics from the Fantasyland at the MK. It was neat to see the model of the new FL at the MK.

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride

New Dumbo ride

After taking pictures of the Fantasyland Expansion model, the next model was the Seven Dwarfs Mine train car which is neat.

Thats it for now since I am out of pics for this post, but I will get back to you tomorrow.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2011, 03:18 AM   #1158
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Just got caught up to when you go over to DCA.

Good BVS from the Monorail. Though there is a lot of stuff cluttering the area it gives a good feel for the size of the new plaza.

Notice you had a meteor in one photo near the Matterhorn. A hidden Mickey near BTMRR too. On purpose? Hard to tell.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #1159
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love it!! I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland when I go in 2014.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #1160
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Just got caught up to when you go over to DCA.

Good BVS from the Monorail. Though there is a lot of stuff cluttering the area it gives a good feel for the size of the new plaza.

Notice you had a meteor in one photo near the Matterhorn. A hidden Mickey near BTMRR too. On purpose? Hard to tell.
Thanks for coming along Matt.

Thank you. I was lucky to get some nice pics of the Carthay Circle Theater from the Monorail.

Some of the photos were on purpose and some were just lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Love it!! I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland when I go in 2014.
Thanks Kaitlin. Just like you, I can't wait to see it in the future. But I will get to see part of the construction when I go to WDW in December this year.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014, Just in Time for Halloween Season in September - September 14 - 16, 2014

Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #1161
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Thanks Kaitlin. Just like you, I can't wait to see it in the future. But I will get to see part of the construction when I go to WDW in December this year.
I can't wait to see how it's going. I will not return until 2014.

WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

Old 09-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #1162
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 19, 2011 – Part 9

Quote:
I can't wait to see how it's going. I will not return until 2014.
I will remember to get the pics some pics of the FL Expansion when I go down there in December.

Day 2 – August 19, 2011 – Part 9

I have just left off at the WD Parks and Resorts pavilion and just finished taking pics of the Fantasyland Expansion model. Now I went around the area and took more photos of different models of Buena Vista Street and the front entrance.

Carthay Circle Theater Model

Just right in the center of the room was the Buena Vista Street Concept model. The model was really neat and interesting to see what the layout is like when it is complete next year.

Buena Vista Street Concept Model

Next was the ride vehicle of Mater’s Junkyard Jamoree. It was neat to see the actual ride vehicle for the ride. This ride will incorporate the same ride technology as Francis' Ladybug Boogie which the ride vehicles go on a different platform.

Right by Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree ride vehicle was Red the fire truck from the movie “Cars”. The neat thing about it was that its eyes were moving around from the window.

Next was the Radiator Spring Racers ride vehicle for the ride.

While we were still in the pavilion, we went around to look at the other presentations around the area.

It was around 5:30 pm and we were getting hungry since we didn’t eat any lunch that afternoon. But before we head on out we stopped at the Mickey of Glendale store which is right next to the WD Parks and Resorts pavilion and went shopping. Even though I don’t have any pics of the store, but when you look at the last pic right behind the Radiator Springs Racer, there is a curtain where the store is.

When we finished our shopping it took almost 30 minutes to wait in another queue and went shopping in the store. All the stores had long queues the whole time and it was kind of frustrating. But that is part of it while you are shopping for exclusive items at the Expo.

I bought a few items at the Mickey’s of Glendale store which was a couple of polo shirts which has the Carousel of Projects logo, WDI shirts, the Cars Land pins, and some WDI cups. Most of them were for myself while I got some stuff for my family and friends.

Once the shopping was finished, I wanted to stop back at the Dream Store and see what pins were still available. I did pick up a few more pins that were available that night. On the way out, I had to take some pics of the silent auctions items that will be at the auction on Saturday night.

Lot #5 Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum figures

Lot #31 Alice figure

Lot #7 POTC billboard

Lot #34 PP ride vehicle

Lot #9 The giant snowglobe of SB Castle from the Emporium at DL.

Lot #22 Vinylmation coffee table

Lot #11 JC Zebra

After getting pics of the silent auction, the two of us have called it a night at the D23 Expo.

We left around 6:15pm and we were on our way back to the hotel. But since we barely ate that day, we went to Coco which is right next to BW Stovall’s. The two of us went back to the room and dropped our stuff. I actually brought my video camera and tripod to the restaurant. I planned on going to DL that night and videotape Magical that night. I could have easily stayed at the Expo for more shopping, but the two of us were exhausted after a long day. My DA didn’t want to go to DL that night so when we finished, she went back to the hotel while I went to the park that night.

It was around 6:45pm that we got in the restaurant and when we finished it was around 7:25 pm. So I took all my equipment with me and went straight to DL while my DA went back to the room. I just walked down on Disneyland Drive and it took me about 15 minutes to get to the park.

When I arrived at the Hub around 7:45 pm, there were a few groups of people waiting on the curb side by the Hub. I knew that I needed to get there at least 7:00 pm to get the middle, but this was a good opportunity to try a different angle of videotaping the fireworks. I was about 10 people on the right side of the middle of the curb side Hub by the Tomorrowland side.

While I was waiting for the fireworks, I talked to a family right next to me and this was there first time seeing the fireworks. They asked me if this was a great spot to see the fireworks and I said yes it was a good spot to see the fireworks. They waited just about the same time as me when I got to the Hub. It was nice to talk to the family right next to me while we were waiting for the fireworks.

While the Matterhorn was closed, there were some people in the mountain doing some work.

Around the Hub, more and more people started to show up and about half an hour till the fireworks. When I set up my tripod since I got there, a family tried to force their way on the curb side where I set up my tripod and myself. I told them that I got this spot and I asked them nicely not to get on the curb. They were a little disappointed at first, but they should know that they can’t just force there way in when someone has spent a few hours. I told them that they can be in front of me as long as they don’t touch the tripod.

The 9:30 pm Magical fireworks show started and surprisingly they didn’t show Dumbo that night. It didn’t feel like it was windy that day, I was a little disappointed that Dumbo didn’t fly that night. Here are some pics from Magical from my video camera. I will also upload Magical tomorrow. Even this is not as better as the last Magical fireworks that I have videotaped in May, it was nice to see it from a different angle.

That’s it for tonight and I will get back to the TR tomorrow.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:38 AM   #1163
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Catching up.
Did you have to ask for pins at the checkout of the Dream Store?

LM presentations was interesting for a already open ride. It's nice how they showed all the vendors that work on it.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #1164
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

I'm all caught up once again! I really enjoyed your updates. I liked the pictures of what Buena Vista Street will look like -- especially those old-time street lamps.

My favorite item from the auction item pictures you showed was the Peter Pan ride vehicle. That would be so cool to have that. I'd like to know how much those items went for.

Is the Seven Dwarves Mine Train ride a slower ride like Casey Jr. or is it faster like Gadget's Go Coaster? Looks nice.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #1165
Wonder2008
Mouseketeer

Thank you for those pictures of the New Fantasyland model - it looks really great. I'm going to be at Walt Disney World in December as well, so I'm eager to see how construction is coming along!

Robert

D23 Gold Charter Member
Walt Disney World Annual Passholder
Disneyland: 2006 (50th Anniversary), 2007, 2009, Dec 2013
Disney Wonder: 2008, 2009
Disney Dream: 2011
Walt Disney World: Numerous!
Wonder2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #1166
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Catching up.
Did you have to ask for pins at the checkout of the Dream Store?

LM presentations was interesting for a already open ride. It's nice how they showed all the vendors that work on it.
Yes, all the pins at the Dream Store were at the checkout. This is the samething that the Dream Store did back in 2009. The CMs give you a sheet of the pins which is available and you mark how many you want. Most of them were limited to 2 while some of them go up to 10. The one that I wanted the most was the Legends pin in which I got 3 of them. I bought two while my DA also bought two, but she wanted only one.

It was neat to see the pictures of how they created the LMAUA. I can't wait to show you the Buena Vista Street pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
I'm all caught up once again! I really enjoyed your updates. I liked the pictures of what Buena Vista Street will look like -- especially those old-time street lamps.

My favorite item from the auction item pictures you showed was the Peter Pan ride vehicle. That would be so cool to have that. I'd like to know how much those items went for.

Is the Seven Dwarves Mine Train ride a slower ride like Casey Jr. or is it faster like Gadget's Go Coaster? Looks nice.
Thank you Deej. The Buena Vista Street model looks very nice and will be even better when it opens next year.

The Peter Pan ride vehicle was very nice. Just like the 2009 which they had one for auction. I wonder where in the world would you put the pp ride vehicle? I read on franandaj TR and reported that it went around $30,000. That wasn't the most expensive item at the show, I read that the most expensive item that sold at the the auction was the WDW HM attraction ghosts which went around $38,000.

It is a a little bit like the Casey Jr. Le Petit Train du Cirque at Disneyland Paris. Which will be on a roller coaster track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder2008 View Post
Thank you for those pictures of the New Fantasyland model - it looks really great. I'm going to be at Walt Disney World in December as well, so I'm eager to see how construction is coming along!

Robert
Thank you Robert. The FL model is very nice and gets us an idea what it will be like next year when it opens. I always like to see construction areas at the parks since you will never see something like that in the future (unless they are going to close it and do something else). Hope you have a great time at WDW in December as well.

I will try to get my update up tonight, but after tonight I will be away from my CPU for a few days so I will get back to you later this week. I will still respond to the posts from all you wonderful DISers.

Thank you for coming along.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #1167
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I finally caught up!

It was great. Too bad you couldn't walk around the back of the model for the FLE. Did they have a cloud going over it, some shots have dark spots?

Can't wait for trees in the DCA entrance.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #1168
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

All caught up. It will be interesting to see the new Fantasyland.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #1169
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I finally caught up!

It was great. Too bad you couldn't walk around the back of the model for the FLE. Did they have a cloud going over it, some shots have dark spots?

Can't wait for trees in the DCA entrance.
Thank you Matt. Yea, it would have been nice to look at the FLE model from all four positions, but the Imagineers got to make it interesting with the background. There were some clouds in the background.

I can't wait to see the new Buena Vista Street entrance. I can't to see what it would look like in November.

Quote:
All caught up. It will be interesting to see the new Fantasyland.
Same here.

I did say last night that I won't do any updates, but I have finished the last part of the day on Friday August 19. So just wait a few minutes while I upload it.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #1170
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – August 19, 2011 – Part 10

Day 2 – August 19, 2011 – Part 10

After Magical fireworks, I went to IASW and go see “The Magic, the Memories, and You”. It took quite awhile to get out around the Hub and head on over to FL and to IASW.

I went through the TL side since I always like seeing the FNSV lagoon at night. There was not a long line for FNSV. It was so weird to see the Matterhorn not opened this time at night since it does draw a lot of people.

I just passed the Matterhorn and passed SLCB. I got to IASW around a half an hour till the show and I just waited awhile until the show started. I did not videotape the show since I just wanted to see it without worrying about the video camera. While I was waiting most of the people started to show up about 5 minutes until the Memories started at 10:30 pm. Most of the people just walked on IASW while some people are waiting for the 10:30 pm Memories.

After the 10:30 “The Magic, the Memories, and You”, it was time to head on back to the hotel after a long night at the Expo. I was thinking of going on the DLRR, but since I wanted to walk around TL so I can look at the Matterhorn while it is still closed.

Matterhorn at night

Even though you can’t see clearly from this pic, there was quite a number of people around SLCB

I got to Tomorrowland and I head on over to the TL monorail station and head back to the hotel. It was nice to see that the DL monorails are running two trains this late at night instead of just running one of them. I haven't still seen monorail red since it was still undergoing maintenance.

FNSV dock which one of the subs was already in the side dock while one is on the side during the whole day.

When I got to the station, Monorail Orange has already left the station, so I just waited for Monorail Blue to arrive at the station. While I waited, I took some pics around the area until Monorail Blue arrived at the station.

Matterhorn Mountain

FNSV dock

I rode the Monorail until I got to the DTD Monorail station. When I exited the monorail station, there was a band playing right next to the ESPN Zone. I didn’t stay and find out who was playing, but I did get some pics on the way.

It took about 12-15 minutes to walk from DTD to BW Stovall’s. It was around 11:30pm when I got back to the room. I took a shower and was on the CPU to upload the pictures from the D23 Expo that night. Then I went to bed around midnight and called it for the night.

It was a lot of fun that day and it was also bad. The best part was that I got to do all my shopping that day, go to the WD Parks and Resorts presentation, the Making of the LMAUA, and the WD Parks and Resorts pavilion. The bad part was that I just missed the Legends Ceremony which I also didn’t regret since I got to shop at the Dream Store and the Archives Store.

My DA has learned a lot at the Expo and was excited to go with me that weekend.

Got to go to DL that night and see Magical and Memories.

This will be the last update to the TR after Sunday. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: