Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #841
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Inside MS TS, it Wasserstein not that bad until I went more and more down the streets
As long as the Wasserstein is going ok it sounds like a good visit.
I love autospell or autocorrect, sometimes they aren't so autoawesome.

That is cool to know they have FP along with the ST soft open, I hadn't picked up if that been the case everyday.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #842
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
As long as the Wasserstein is going ok it sounds like a good visit.
I love autospell or autocorrect, sometimes they aren't so autoawesome.

That is cool to know they have FP along with the ST soft open, I hadn't picked up if that been the case everyday.
I wrote the first part on my iPad and it was sloppy.

Today it was all bout the AP for the first 4 hours and it was crazy today. If u read on the thread about the AP Sneak Peek that there was a long line this morning.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #843
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I wrote the first part on my iPad and it was sloppy.

Today it was all bout the AP for the first 4 hours and it was crazy today. If u read on the thread about the AP Sneak Peek that there was a long line this morning.
So today was you official preview day?
Old 05-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #844
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So today was you official preview day?
Well actually it tomorrow from 9am - 1pm. But after seeing the FP line at least over 100 people in line around 9am today, I might do it later in the morning since I don't want to be in that long line. But I will decide when I get to the park tomorrow. I know that will use my AP to get FP, but I might keep some as souvenirs.

Oh yea, while I was at the park to watch the 4pm Mickey's Soundsational Parade and I just got back from it and now taking a break until WoC tonight at 9pm, I uploaded my video of "The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure today on youtube. So you DISers can check out my video of it right now.

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure 2/28/11

I just deleted the video, so everyone will have to wait until next week. Sorry about that.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 05-28-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Video deleted
Old 05-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #845
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Did you see the school band play?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:09 PM   #846
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did you see the school band play?
No I didn't since they were playing at Cypress College which was 30 minutes away from DL and I had to videotape Soundsational that afternoon. But I was concentrating too much on the parade that Friday and I did regret of not watching my school play. They did a real good job at the competition and won a lot of different medals in each category.

But when they were at the park on Sunday, I joined up with them in the afternoon yesterday and we had a blast.

For all of those of seeing how many times I went on ST during my AP Sneak Peek, I went on it 8 times yesterday and I got 9 FP during those four hours. A lot of you will ask how I got 9 FP during that time? The CMs opened the FP machines 15 minutes early before 9am and I was able to get my FP at 8:48 and came back every 30 minutes until I am eligible to get another one.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #847
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Wow Bret. That sounds great!! I am glad to hear that you are having such a great time!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #848
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Sounds great! Did you have a different ride experience each time on ST2?

I'm glad you were able to see and spend time with your band. That must have made for an extra special day.

Looking forward to hearing more about ST2 and TLM!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #849
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
For all of those of seeing how many times I went on ST during my AP Sneak Peek, I went on it 8 times yesterday and I got 9 FP during those four hours. A lot of you will ask how I got 9 FP during that time? The CMs opened the FP machines 15 minutes early before 9am and I was able to get my FP at 8:48 and came back every 30 minutes until I am eligible to get another one.
Did the FPs have a return time on them of 30 minutes later? Did you set your watch to get them with that percision?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #850
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Wow Bret. That sounds great!! I am glad to hear that you are having such a great time!!
TY Michele. I had a great time this weekend and I'm glad to be home after a long weekend with everything going on at DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Sounds great! Did you have a different ride experience each time on ST2?

I'm glad you were able to see and spend time with your band. That must have made for an extra special day.

Looking forward to hearing more about ST2 and TLM!

TK
I rode ST 10 times this weekend including 8 times on Sunday and twice on Friday. I could have rode it again on Saturday since DL was letting the AP holders on the ride Saturday and Sunday night. All my ride experiences were all different and I did not get the same one during my trip.

It did TK, it was nice to spend some time with them on the rides and we ate at the ESPN Zone last night. I was kind of surprise that when we tried to get a table last night and on the wait list it was an hour wait around 7pm. I said no thanks and we decided to eat at the bar and just got on instantly.

What am I saying, I should write this on my TR. It won't be too long since I am editing and uploading all my pics and videos. I will try to upload the videos of Soundsational, LM ride, Magical, WoC with POTC, and Memories. I still got to show my pics for the Music/Sound quest too.

I will try to get everything done in less then one week, but it will depend on how much time I will get to it.

Quote:
Did the FPs have a return time on them of 30 minutes later? Did you set your watch to get them with that percision?
When I looked at the FP, they didn't have a return time during the AP Sneak Peek. It just said "Now Boarding Please Proceed to the STAR TOURS FASTPASS entrance" I used my iTouch to calculate the time I put my AP in the FP machine and then I came back to it and get my next AP.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:45 AM   #851
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – May 27, 2011 – Part 2

Day 1 – May 27, 2011 – Part 2

After getting back safely and working on the videos and pics, it is time to start back up on my Soundsational Weekend with part 2 on Friday.

After leaving DL, I head on over to DCA and hope that TLMAUA (The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure) is opened when it gets close to the rope drop. Luckily thanks to the boards that some DISers said that TLMAUA ride was opened for soft openings on Thursday at 10:30am and was excited that there might be a soft opening.

When I looked at the Buena Vista main entrance, it has got better since I was at the DLR last month and excited to see the main gate open in a few months.

I entered the park around 9:35am and the main entrance looked the same like always and the theater is getting taller and taller since last month. But the steel structure looks the same when I was there in April.

I went straight on over to GRR and get a FP especially that I wasn’t planning on seeing it that day, but I always like to collect FP when I am in the park and put in my scrap book with the other FP and maps from my past trips.

At the WoC FP machine, I knew that I would get a blue FP and of course I got it around 9:40am.

With collecting the WoC FP, I head on over to the rope drop right next to the LM ride. The rope queue are already in place right next to the rope drop and I am wondering if the line would be that long during the day for the soft opening. But the only problem I had on that day is that will DCA open the LM ride during the rope drop or wait till later like on Thursday.

I talked to a CM right next to the ride and asked if the ride will open during the rope drop and he said that they are having some technical difficulties. But he said that the ride will open anytime during the day. With that conclusion, I decide just to come back after I do my usual ride on MFW first and get some good aerial views.

Since I got there 15 minutes early, I was close to the rope drop and the first thing I did when the parked opened at 10am, I head on over to PP and get on MFW.

When I got close to the bottom and saw that there were not too many people on TSMM, I decided the last second just to go on the ride and have some fun on this game. I only had to wait 5 minutes to get on TSMM. It has been awhile since I got on TSMM during the rope drop. But with time on my hand, I could use some challenge on this ride.

During the first stage of TSMM, I got the usual 25,000 point mark by hitting the fox on the left side of the stage and show the 1000 point chicken. Then on the 2nd stage, I got the usual 20,000 point part with the erupting volcano. Now the third stage, I finally hit the flying two plates that opened the mountain which shot out the 5,000 point plate. Even though I finally got the mountain to open, I only had 40,000 on that stage. I was disappointed that I didn’t get a lot of points that stage, but I was happy that I finally got it to open. Then on stage four with the ring toss, I finally got all the rings on the aliens on the rocket and got to shoot the rings in Zurgs mouth. I had 70,000 points that stage and was completely ecstatic. Stage five was just average for me as well as the last stage. Then my arm was getting tired at the end and finished with a disappointing 228,200 points. Even with the secret targets on Stage 3 & 4 I just couldn’t get a high score. If my arm was better, I would have gotten over 300,000 points.

After I got off TSMM, I head on over to MFW for my usual aerial photos of DCA and the DLR. On the way, the line for TSMM was not that long, I believe it was around 15 minute wait and I was completely surprise. It is Friday and on Memorial Day Weekend which would draw huge crowds, but not during that time. I could have got back on the ride and do more. But with the LM ride and MFW, I decided not to go on.

That’s it for tonight and I will get back to the TR tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:04 AM   #852
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

What a great start to your day! I love your pictures and can't wait to see the new park gate when it is finished.

Congrats on unlocking the mountain and Zurg. VERY tough to do on your own. Your score was great! I'd like to just ride along with the person who got over 400,000 already that day and see what they do. They must have arms the size of Popeye as my arm is almost always aching after I ride TSM. I don't think I could have resisted going on a second time with that short line.

Looking forward to more when you get the chance to post.

TK
Old 05-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #853
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
What a great start to your day! I love your pictures and can't wait to see the new park gate when it is finished.

Congrats on unlocking the mountain and Zurg. VERY tough to do on your own. Your score was great! I'd like to just ride along with the person who got over 400,000 already that day and see what they do. They must have arms the size of Popeye as my arm is almost always aching after I ride TSM. I don't think I could have resisted going on a second time with that short line.

Looking forward to more when you get the chance to post.

TK
Thank you TK. I can't wait to go through the new main gate when it is finished then going around.

You are correct that it is very tough to unlock the mountain and Zurg just by yourself. I bet they know where the secret targets are and have a very strong arm to keep pulling that string. It would be neat to see how they do that in person. If my arm wasn't tired at the end of the ride, I would have got a high score. Maybe I should have gone on the ride again that morning.

I will work on the next post right now.

While I am working on the next post, I have uploaded the The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure that I videotaped on Monday morning yesterday with my video camera. Hope all of you enjoy it.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #854
JH87
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far! As always, great pictures!

JH87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:16 AM   #855
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I'm watching the LM:AUA video and love how the CM says "Enjoy your swim." as you start the ride.

I like that they even have themed messages when the ride stops and starts

Your video was really high quality. I felt I was on the ride too. How did you keep so steady?

Thanks for sharing!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: