Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 AM   #3391
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Love the pictures of the Christmas Tree at MS.

SHame that the parade didn't start the way you expected. I wonder if that happens a lot. Looking forward to seeing more of the parade.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 AM   #3392
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Love the pictures of the Christmas Tree at MS.

SHame that the parade didn't start the way you expected. I wonder if that happens a lot. Looking forward to seeing more of the parade.
It was a shame that the parade started from IASW Plaza to MS Town Square where originally the 2nd parade starts from MS TS to IASW Plaza. But there was a technical issue during the 2:30pm parade that DL canceled it and started from IASW Plaza. This was the first time out of my experience seeing the parade at DL that the 2nd parade started at IASW Plaza instead of MS TS. When there is one parade a day instead of two, the parade that starts at IASW Plaza to MS TS will start at MS TS on the next day.

The next post will be up shortly.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2014, 02:34 AM   #3393
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 8

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 8

Now with more pictures from the 5:30pm “A Christmas Fantasy” parade that Sunday night at DL. I always enjoy watching “A Christmas Fantasy” parade at DL during the holiday season which is my favorite parade. This one was a little different from the past where the floats are mostly the same except that they took out some characters and replaced them with others or taken out completely.

DD2 was so happy to see the parade that night even though we were watching the parade came from IASW Plaza to MS Town Square where originally it was supposed to come from MS TS to IASW Plaza but the first parade at 2:30pm was cancelled due to technical issues. So we had to watch the parade start at IASW Plaza where it changed my picture and videotaping.

The Ice Rink float is next with Mickey and Minnie.

The next one was “A Recipe for Gingerbread Treats” unit

The Candy Bakers

Clarabelle Cow and some Gingerbread Cookies

Gingerbread Cookies and the Candy Bakers

Here is the Gingerbread float that had Goofy and Pluto. Originally, Pluto was on top of the Mrs. Claus float where Duffy was on top during this year’s parade. Originally the character was on top was Max and the soundtrack was a little different without Max.

Drizella, Anastasia, & Lady Tremaine

Candlelight Christmas Ball unit

Snow White and her Price

Candlelight Ball float. This year, Tiana and Prince Naveen are added to the float along with Princess Aurora, Prince Philip, Belle, Beast, Ariel, Prince Eric, Cinderella, and Prince Charming.

Santa’s Toyland Unit

Chip and Dale in the Humdinger

Woody on a rocking horse on top of a toy block float

The Toy Factory Elves

The giant Toy Factory float with Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket and Pinocchio.

Buzz Lightyear in a spaceship on top of a Toy Block float.

That’s it for this post and I will have more from “A Christmas Fantasy” parade that night.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:57 AM   #3394
PrincessInOz
in

Nice pictures, Bret.

Are you happy with them?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 01-30-2014, 04:31 PM   #3395
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great parade pics Bret. Nice vantage point. Are you by the Christmas tree on Mainstreet?

I can hear the music in my head now
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:35 AM   #3396
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice pictures, Bret.

Are you happy with them?
Thank you PiO.

Some of the pictures were ok. But most of them were in the light from the towers so they showed some blur. Overall they were ok. I really wanted to get pictures when the parade came out of MS TS but I had to settle when the parade started at IASW Plaza to MS TS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great parade pics Bret. Nice vantage point. Are you by the Christmas tree on Mainstreet?

I can hear the music in my head now
Thank you TK. The spot that I have took pictures that night was suppose to be when the parade came out from MS TS. I had to change the angle since the parade was coming from IASW Plaza to MS TS. We were not directly next to the tree but close to the tree just across the street from Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

I can still hear the song every time I talk about "A Christmas Fantasy" parade during the holiday season. Did you and your family get to see "A Christmas Fantasy" parade during your trip in December?

Here are my videos of "A Christmas Fantasy" parade from MS TS on youtube that the parade started from MS TS to IASW Plaza and you could understand why we stake out a spot in that area. This parade was back in 2011 and you can tell when you watch the videos and see my pictures from the parade during the trip that the parade is a little different with the characters. A Christmas Fantasy Parade 11/19/11 5:30 Show Part 1 & A Christmas Fantasy Parade 11/19/11 5:30 Show Part 2
Old 02-01-2014, 02:39 AM   #3397
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 9

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 9

Now with more pictures from the 5:30pm “A Christmas Fantasy” parade that Sunday night at DL. I always enjoy watching “A Christmas Fantasy” parade at DL during the holiday season.

It is almost at the end of the parade which is Santa’s Finale. This one has changed a lot during the parade which was kind of sad to see. The biggest change of the parade is this scene of the parade where the Seven Dwarfs were taken out of the parade this year. In the past, the Seven Dwarfs are part of the end of the parade and DL took them out this year which is so disappointing.

8 Finale Dancers

Another Christmas tree

Santa’s 8 reindeers

Then of course you can have a Christmas parade without Santa

Then the parade was over around 6:20pm and we packed all of our stuff around Main Street Town Square. DD2 was so excited to see the parade and DM told us that it was worth the one hour wait to see the parade that night.

It would have been better if the parade started from MS TS to IASW Plaza. But it didn’t that day since the 1st parade didn’t perform that afternoon due to technical issues. But in the end, we got to see the parade that night.

Then we headed on out of DL and back to the Esplanade so we can head on over to Disney California Adventure to see the 7:45pm show of World of Color Winter Dreams.

When we were at the Esplanade, there were a lot of people heading on over to DCA that night and we had about over an hour until the 1st show of WoC Winter Dreams started at 7:45pm. Originally there was only 2 shows scheduled that night on the calendar but that day, they added one more WoC show that day due to the high crowds during Thanksgiving break.

When we got in DCA, we headed straight on over to Paradise Pier to get in the queue for WoC that night. But we didn’t have dinner just yet so when we got over to PP, my DA, DGM and DD2 would be in the queue and get our usual spot in the blue section of the viewing area. For the regulars that have followed my trip reports in the past, you know what I am talking about. But for the new followers, I have watched WoC in a specific spot in the blue section which is the green fire hydrant spot which is a great spot to watch the show with little wait time. Even if I do come early for WoC, I would still get this spot no matter what since it is a good spot to watch the show and the other reason is that the video camera/DSLR camera would not get wet when close to the lagoon at PP. DM and I would head on over to Lucky Fortune Cookery to have dinner. It is a quick counter Asian food which had rice bowls. My DA and I mostly eat at LCF every time we are at DCA during our visit.

My DA, DGM and DD2 got in the blue queue right next to the light tower while DM and I head on over to the Pacific Wharf to get our dinner that night.

DM and I got over to LCF and it was kind of busy around that time since it was dinner time but it didn’t took too long to get the food that night. We ordered four Asian Rice Bowl and I got the Spicy Korean Beef bowl which if one of my favorites bowls at LCF. I forgot what everyone else got but they got different types then my. I always enjoy eating at LCF at DCA before WoC as well as my DA. DGM, DM and DD2 enjoyed their bowls as well.

When DM and I got the food, we head on over to PP to meet up with the other party members. Just as expected, we were able to get our favorite spot for WoC that night in front of the green fire hydrant in the blue section. It was a little empty in the area that we were watching since most of the people in the blue section headed straight on down closer to the lagoon or chose the bridge area.

We were now waiting for an hour until the 7:45pm WoC Winter Dreams show started. I was so excited to see a new variation of WoC. I have read reviews before the trip that some people love the show while some others don’t like it when you compare it to the original. No matter what, My DA and I were so excited to see WoC Winter Dreams that night. If we didn’t have lunch at Club 33 during the trip, this would be the highlight of the trip. But you can say that this is the highlight when we were at DCA.

My DA and I have seen WoC ever since the show debut in 2010 and have seen it every time during our trips. There were a few times that we have not seen the show since we were here for other events in SoCal (D23 Expo and Walt Disney Studios). We have seen a lot of variations of the show from different segments and this new show Winter Dreams is a completely different where it is only for the holiday season.

For the show, I put the video camera on top of my new MeFoto Roadtrip tripod so I can have the video not wobbling. I had my DSLR camera in my hands so I can get different angles of the show where if I put it on the tripod, I could change the angles of the pictures.

Now it was time for the 7:45pm WoC Winter Dreams show which I was so excited to see that night. Here is my video of World of Color Winter Dreams 11/24/13 Full Show that I have videotaped that night.

World of Color: Winter Dreams is hosted Olaf

That’s it for this post and I will have more from World of Color: Winter Dreams that night at DCA.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:20 AM   #3398
PrincessInOz
in

Nice pics, Bret.

A shame the parade didn't start out in the normal route; but I guess there's always the odd-curve ball every now and again.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your WoC pics.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:02 AM   #3399
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice pics, Bret.

A shame the parade didn't start out in the normal route; but I guess there's always the odd-curve ball every now and again.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your WoC pics.
Thank you PiO.

It was a shame that the parade didn't start out at Main Street Town Square like usually when there are two parades at DL in one day. There always could be something wrong with the parade when it is not working or not running due to bad weather. When we left that afternoon on Sunday, there were people waiting for the 1st parade at 2:30pm and I would assume that it was going to run that afternoon and the 2nd parade would start from MS TS.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #3400
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 10

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 10

Back with more pictures from the 7:45pm World of Color: Winter Dreams show that Sunday night. I was so excited to see WoC Winter Dreams that night which is a new show instead of the usual WoC with new segments added to the show ever since the show debut in 2010. It was completely different than watching the original WoC show and the Prep and Landing segment that is added during the holiday season the last couple of years.

The first few scenes of the new WoC Winter Dreams show was very nice and back to more pictures from WoC Winter Dreams show that night.

Bambi scene

Frozen scene and it showed a scene from the movie. I have seen on youtube before the trip that the Frozen scene of WoC Winter Dreams was deleted since the movie wasn’t out yet during our visit.

Olaf

That’s it for this post and I will have
Old 02-02-2014, 02:38 AM   #3401
PrincessInOz
in

Hmmm. I think I like the original'ish WoC. The Frozen scenes are nice and I thought they were great on your video; but I'm not so sure they translate as well on a photo/picture.

Old 02-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #3402
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I just can't stand watching the Super Bowl right now after Seattle is crushing Denver in the early 3rd quarter so I am working on my trip report instead.

Quote:
Hmmm. I think I like the original'ish WoC. The Frozen scenes are nice and I thought they were great on your video; but I'm not so sure they translate as well on a photo/picture.
Just like you if I chose between both version of WoC, hands down the original WoC is way better over WoC Winter Dreams. When you see the show in person or on video from my spot that it is way better to watch it then looking at it on pictures. If I was up close to the lagoon, I could get better pictures than videos of WoC. I might consider one day watching WoC from the front instead of my usual spot in the back.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #3403
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 11

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 11

Back with more pictures from the 7:45pm World of Color: Winter Dreams show that Sunday night.

The Toy Story

You can see Woody and Jesse

Rex and Mrs. Potato Head

Little Green Aliens

Buzz and Jesse

Olaf and this scene is also part from the movie Frozen “In Summer” song

The next scene was the sing along of traditional holiday-related music.

Jingle Bells song

I Have a Little Dreidel song

Feliz Navidad song

That’s it for this post and I will have more from World of Color: Winter Dreams that night at DCA.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #3404
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 12

Day 3 – November 24th, 2013 – Part 12

Back with more pictures from the 7:45pm World of Color: Winter Dreams show that Sunday night.

I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas

Nice Mickey ears Olaf

Toy Soldiers

During the end of WoC Winter Dreams, there were snowflakes flying in the sky from the viewing area. From my earlier pictures of the viewing area that there were giant presents in the viewing area and they are like snow generators that create the floating snowflakes.

The show was over and just like the original World of Color show, the fountains show all the different color and the letters on the wall of water was showing Happy Holidays. California Screamin had all different lights on the frame and it was all very bright.

Everyone really enjoyed the new World of Color Winter Dreams that night and it was nice to see a different variation of WoC. But if I had to choose between the original WoC and WoC Winter Dreams, by far the original WoC is way better and far superior over WoC Winter Dreams. My DA said the same thing to me that the original WoC was way better than WoC Winter Dreams. She also agreed that it was nice to see a different variation of WoC. DGM & DM have seen WoC and they were impressed with the new show as well. It was hard for DD2 to understand it but she enjoyed watching the show as well.

I understand the reviews of WoC Winter Dreams before I have seen it in person and I can understand why some people that don’t like it when you compare it to the original WoC. I have seen the original WoC over 10 times and have seen WoC Winter Dreams two times (November and December). Winter Dreams is all about the holidays and winter shows of Disney movies and most of the songs that are incorporated in the show are traditional holiday-related music. Olaf is a nice host for Winter Dreams. It was neat to see Frozen “Let It Go” scene where the movie wasn’t released during our trip. There were a lot of scenes that I haven’t seen in quite some time from different Disney movies and shows like the Bambi scene and holiday shows. I don’t like to give critiques about this show since I am a fan of World of Color and have enjoyed it since the debut in 2010. When I talked to my DA about it, she thought that Winter Dreams is like a movie promotion of Frozen with so many scenes with Olaf but she did like the “Let It Go” scene. If it wasn’t for Club 33 during the November trip, WoC Winter Dreams show would have been the highlight of the trip for me and my DA. The snowflakes that came out of the presents in the viewing area was a nice addition to the show instead of the fountains that are in the garden.

Overall out of 10 I would give it an 8 out of 10 since I like to watch WoC with any variations. It would be really nice if Disney would make some changes to Winter Dreams next year if Disney brings the show back for the holiday season. We'll just wait and see later this year during the holiday season at the DLR if Disney is going to bring back Winter Dreams as the same show or change it up.

After the show was over, we packed all of our stuff from my tripod & video camera in the bag so we can move on to our next activity at DCA that night. But that will be on the next post so stay tune for the next update at DCA that night.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:19 AM   #3405
PrincessInOz
in

There is so much scope for different things for WoC. I hope Disney work it out. But I did like what I saw on your video. It's just that on reflection, a sing-along bouncing ball isn't quite what I would want to see for a Holiday WoC event.

I'd want more.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: