Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #3376
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I love EMH in the morning but like you would not go to RSR right off. Great pictures and thank you for explaining and showing the ride swap process.

We really liked RSR and did it each day we were at DCA. We'd get a fastpass after spending time at Toy Story during EMH.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:42 AM   #3377
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
How cool you got to have a car to yourselves! Great pic of the two of you. I love the one of Mater too.
That was so neat to be able to have the car to ourselves that morning. I was kind of surprised as well that the CM's didn't put other people on the same car with DM and me. You won't see that too often of two people in one car on RSR. It was fun to ride it that morning even though we all had to wait awhile to get on RSR that morning. But it turned out great since we were able to get a rider swap pass that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
How cool to have the car to yourselves.

Nice pics inside.
It was so neat to be able to ride RSR just the two of us. I know that you would love to have the car to yourself with your family or friends. I forget to say that we were able to do that back in September with Alison. That was a fun time back in September to ride RSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I love EMH in the morning but like you would not go to RSR right off. Great pictures and thank you for explaining and showing the ride swap process.

We really liked RSR and did it each day we were at DCA. We'd get a fastpass after spending time at Toy Story during EMH.
It has been a while since I have done EMH at DCA since Disney did the AP EMH promotion for the AP holders. It was nice to go that morning with DGM, DM and DD2 since they were staying at the GCH but I would not even consider going on RSR first thing in the morning with the problems of the ride breaking down a lot. But it wasn't that long of a wait that morning where it was about 3 quarters of our time during EMH when RSR was not up. Thank you TK. I haven't done the rider swap in a very long time and it was nice to be able to get one since DD2 couldn't ride RSR. She was fine that she wasn't able to ride RSR and it was nice to use the rider swap pass later during the day.

That is nice to hear that you were able to ride RSR each day during your trip last month. It is so nice to be able to use the FP system on RSR in order to avoid the long wait time.

The next post will be up shortly.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2014, 12:44 AM   #3378
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 3

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 3

Just after DM and I finished riding Radiator Springs Racers. We met up with my DA, DGM and DD2. Disney California Adventure just opened up at 8am and there was a long line to get on RSR. Luckily for us that we were able to ride RSR that morning and get a rider swap pass since DD2 couldnít ride RSR and it will be a good opportunity for DGM and my DA to be able to ride RSR later during the day. They thought about riding it when we got off but she told DGM that it will be perfect to ride it at night which is amazing. We didnít plan on getting in the FP queue for RSR that morning since it might go late at night. So we didnít get a FP that day.

While we were still in Cars Land, DM talked to us if it was possible to ride Luigiís Flying Tires and we had no problem with it since we were in Cars Land.

I havenít ridden LFT since the Annual Passholder sneak peek back in June 2012 when it wasnít even opened yet. I have thought about riding LFT a lot of times ever since it opened in 2012 but I have never made the commitment to ride it ever since until the November trip. The ride experience has not been the same since Disney took away the beach balls that was part of the ride. Today, there is no more beach balls that is part of the ride which made riding LFT so fun. I can understand why Disney took away the beach balls since it does slow the queue to get on the ride and it is also a hazard of someone getting hit in the face. It was nice to be able to ride it that trip with the rest of the party.

The wait was only 10 minutes which was very nice when DCA opens at 8am so it was an easy decision to go on LFT that morning. We went through the main building of Luigis Casa Della Tires and it still looks the same ever since CL opened in 2012.

The Francesco Burnoulli topiary looks like the same ever since 2012.

Itís almost our time to board the flying tires.

It wasnít too long until we boarded the flying tires. I rode with my DA while DGM, DM and DD2 went on the other. It was kind of weird at first riding LFT without the beach balls that was part of the ride experience during the early days of LFT but it was nice to get back on the ride after a year and a half.

DGM, DD2, & DM were having a great time and we were trying to bump into each other for most part of the ride.

It was so fun to ride LFT after not riding it since it opened in the summer of 2012. DGM, DM and DD2 had a fun time riding LFT that morning.

Just after we got off, DD2 wanted to go to A Bugís Land and go on some rides. So the five of us walked on over to ABL from the backside of Cars Land right by LFT. But first DGM, DM and DD2 wanted to get some pictures in Cars Land until we head on over to ABL. Since they had the PhotoPass+ package, they are taking advantage of the opportunity to get pictures from the CM photographers around the DLR.

The line to get on RSR is not on the street of Radiator Springs and in the actual queue of RSR.

Lightning McQueen leaving the meet & greet area at the Cozy Cone Motel.

We head on over to ABL from the CL side.

It wasnít that busy at ABL that morning since most of the guests were at CL or Paradise Pier.

The first ride that we did at ABL was Francisí Ladybug Boogie which is similar to the Mad Tea Party and Materís Junkyard Jamboree. It has the spinning car as the teacups and track switch of MJJ. DGM and my DA didnít want to go on the ride since they donít like spinning rides. So it was DM, DD2 and I who rode it. It was only a 5 minute wait to get on FLB which is right during the morning. This is another ride that I havenít rode in years and just walked by it when I am in ABL.

After we got off, DD2 looked at Flikís Flyers as our next ride that morning. This is another ride that I havenít rode in years and it was nice to go on rides that I havenít done in a long time. DGM and my DA stayed behind again and waited for the three of us until we got off the ride.

A nice aerial view of ABL with the Christmas decorations.

Just when we got off, DD2 wanted to go on more rides in ABL. She thought about going on Tuck and Rollís Drive Ďem Buggie which is a bumper car ride and DM didnít want to go on the ride. DGM said the same thing and wontí even go on the ride.

DD2 asked what other rides are in ABL and the other one was Heimlichís Chew Chew Train. So we head on over to ride HCCT that moring. It was also another walk-on that morning with a 5 minute wait. Once again my DA and DGM stayed behind while the three of us rode another ride at ABL.

When we got off HCCT, DGM and DM wanted to go on the Little Mermaid: Arielís Undersea Adventure at Paradise Pier before we did our special event at DCA that day.

We went towards back to Cars Land on the backside to head on over to Paradise Pier. I wanted to take them towards CL so they can have a look at Ornament Valley from the backside which is the best to see it.

I just canít get tired of seeing this sign at CL every time I pass by it just like in the movie ďCars 2Ē.

While passing by CL, we were now at the back of CL heading towards Pacific Wharf and on the way we can see Radiator Springs Racers and Ornament Valley. It is so amazing to see Ornament Valley from this side of RSR.

Just before we head on over to Paradise Pier and we were in Pacific Wharf, we stopped at Boudin Bakery to get some bread sample. Every time my DA and I pass by Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop, my DA thinks about the former Mission Tortilla Factory which we get a tortilla every time.

It was a quick stop in Boudin Bakery and I forgot to take some pictures when we were inside but it was nice to walk in Boudin Bakery to get some bread to eat while in DCA.

We exited Boudin Bakery and started to walk on over to Paradise Pier to go on the Little Mermaid ride. It was a nice day where it wasnít that busy at Paradise Pier.

While in the area, I had to get a picture of the flowers at the light tower at PP.

While looking at the flowers at PP, we started to head on over to the Little Mermaid ride that morning. This is it for this post and stay tune for the next update at PP.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:55 AM   #3379
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Looks like a great way to start the day at DCA; especially with DD2 with you. Did she have a great time?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #3380
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like a great way to start the day at DCA; especially with DD2 with you. Did she have a great time?
It was a nice start of the day by riding RSR in the morning where I would never ride it first thing. But we were lucky that the ride was running that morning and didn't spend a lot of time in the queue. We got the rider swap pass so we can use it later that day, got to ride a lot of rides at ABL that morning. DD2 had a great time and maybe she will remember those great times at the DLR during the trip.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #3381
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 4

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 4

While we were in Paradise Pier DGM, DM and DD2 wanted to go on the Little Mermaid. My DA and I have no problem going on the LM ride with them since we were in the area. My DA is not a big fan of the LM ride ever since it opened in 2011 but she has no problem riding it with other people like me or other people. The LM ride is one of the rides at DCA that I have ridden a lot ever since it opened in 2011. It almost feels like I have ridden this ride at least once during each trip to the DLR.

I forgot to get FPís for World of Color: Winter Dreams that morning while we were in DCA that morning when taking advantage of EMH. But since we were close to Grizzly River Run, I sprinted on over to GRR to get the FPís and hope that the blue 9pm FPís are still there. I collected everyoneís tickets and AP so I can get the FPís for WoC Winter Dreams. Since we only need one person to collect the FPís, I was the FP runner like every other trip.

I got to GRR that morning and gave our tickets and APís to the CMís at GRR and luckily we were able to get the 9pm blue FPís that day. I was relieved that we were able to get the blue FPís that morning where we spent most of it at Cars Land.

Then I head on back to front entrance of the Little Mermaid ride in order to go on the ride. They told me that they will wait. I got back shortly getting the FPís for WoC Winter Dreams for the 9pm show and they were all waiting for me to go on the Little Mermaid ride.

When we approached the entrance to the LM ride, the wait time was only at 5 minutes. There are times during the trip in which the wait time to get on the LM ride was as long as 20 minutes. There are certain times of the day that the ride can be that long to get on it. During that morning, the wait time was not that long which is nice to ride it in the morning or at night. During the afternoon is the busy part of the day in which it can be around 20 minutes to get on the ride.

We all walked on the ride and we are about to go under the sea and see Ariel.

During my picture taking on the Little Mermaid ride with my new DSLR, these are one of the worst pictures that I have taken on the ride. I was still learning all the settings on the camera and they didnít produce the quality as I have expected. I didnít set the ISO at 3200 since I used it at 1600 with the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 lens. The pictures were blurry for most part of the ride in which I wonít show all of them, but there were some pictures that were not that bad. So here are pictures from the Little Mermaid ride during that morning.

Scuttle at the beginning of the ride

Ariel

Ursula

Eric and Ariel

I was a little disappointed to see the pictures after the ride that I didnít get the quality type ones that I wanted on the ride. But everyone else had a fun time riding the Little Mermaid ride. My DA had no problem with going on the ride with DGM, DM and DD2.

After we got off the ride, we started to head on over to our next activity at DCA was Disney Junior-Live on Stage! at Hollywood Land. The last time I have seen Disney Junior-Live on Stage! was back during the January trip with my aunt, her BF and once DD2 now DD3 (we are not talking about DD2 during this trip but the one from the January 2013 trip). They wanted to see the show during the trip and we were planning on seeing the 10:15am show. So we started to walk on over to HL to get in the queue for the 10:15am show.

The park started to get a little busy that Sunday morning.

When we passed by the RSR FP queue, the return time was already at 7:10pm to 8:10pm. This was around 9:30am that morning and to be able to ride RSR is all the way up at that time. I thought about getting in the queue to get FPís for RSR but we planned on watching the 9pm WoC: Winter Dreams show that night so there isnít enough time to ride RSR that night.

It was around 9:40am when we got over to Disney Junior-Live on Stage! at HL and we waited in the queue about 30 minutes until it was time for the 10:15am show.

There were about 20 people in front of us with about half an hour until the 10:15am show which is not that bad so we are able to get a nice decent spot to watch the show.

It didnít took too until we entered the building. DM and DD2 got a ground sitting spot in front of the show while DGM, DA and I got a bench at the back of the building since we didnít want to sit on the ground.

The show is a little different back in January when they added Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins back in February. It was nice to see the new show when I watched it back in January. I donít see this show too often since I do other activities at the DLR but it was nice to watch the show.

Pictures from the 10:15am Disney Junior-Live on Stage! show.

Mickey and the gang are planning a surprise birthday party for Minnie.

Sofia the First scene

Doc McStuffins scene

The bubbles are coming down

Happy Birthday Minnie

The show was very nice and DD2 had a fun time. I thought the show was way better than the one that I saw back in January 2013. Adding Sofia in the show makes it better for the young kids to see their favorite princess.

After getting out of the building, we had some time to kill until we head on over to our next activity that afternoon. The day was nice and I had to get some pictures of HL while we were in the area including more Christmas decorations in the windows.

On the buildings

And everywhere around HL.

Everyone had to use the restroom until we started go to our next activity that day at DCA. But that will be on the next post so stay tune for the next update at DCA.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #3382
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 5

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 5

When everyone came out of the restrooms, we started to go to our next activity that afternoon. I wonít get to that just yet until later on this post so I can make it very interesting but since we were still in Hollywood Land, we head on over to the Off the Page store to see all the interesting merchandise in the store. This is one of my favorite stores at DCA in which it has a lot of nice figures, art work, DVDís, books, etc.

There were quite a lot of Christmas merchandise in the store

After looking around a bit in the Off the Page store, we were now in the Animation building seeing the new HD screens. The new screen are way brighter and very nice to see than ever at the Animation building.

It was time to hear on over to our next activity when we were in the Animation building. But before we left, DM wanted to get a picture of DD2 right next to the exit which had the Once Upon a Time words. DM really loved that picture of DD2 right next to the Once Upon a Time words.

Then we head on out of the Animation building and over to Paradise Pier to have lunch at Arielís Grotto. Yes, I am having another meal at AG for the third time in 2013 which I only had it 2 times my whole life. The reason is that DM wanted to have a character meet & greet at AG for DD2. So having it at AG is a nice way to have a M&G with the princesses. So we head on over to PP at AG.

Now you know why DD2 had an Ariel dress that morning since we are having lunch at AG. DD2 had the Minnie dress on Saturday during Minnie and Friends character breakfast at DL and DM wanted to dress DD2 up during lunch at AG. Our meal is at 11:20am which is around the first times to have lunch.

The park started to get a little busy that afternoon but not where it was hard to manage.

We got on over to Paradise Pier to have lunch at AG and it is so nice to see Paradise Pier from the bridge and see Mickeyís Fun Wheel of Doom.

We parked the stroller and head straight on into AG.

There were quite a number of families that are trying to get in the restaurant that afternoon. Luckily we had a reservation so we didnít have to wait that long to go downstairs.

There was a Christmas tree in the lobby of AG so I had to get another picture of the tree.

We walked down the stairs and there was Ariel greeting the guests. DD2 went straight on over to Ariel and gave a big hug. We can tell that she was so excited to see Ariel that afternoon and you can tell from the picture. DD2 dress matches perfectly as Ariel dress.

When we got a picture of Ariel with DD2, we were seated and we got to eat outside instead of eating inside since most of the seating inside were full. It was a nice afternoon so it was nice to have our meal outside.

A look at the Paradise Pier viewing area where we were seated that afternoon.

Our menu during Arielís Disney Princess Celebration lunch! The menu is a little different when I ate at AG back in January and June. There was no antipasti tower what came with the meal but instead we had the choice of a salad or a soup.

We were started with the bread which is always nice to have during a meal.

When we finished ordering our meals, the princesses started to come to our table one by one.

The first one that greeted DD2 was Belle. DD2 came prepared with her autograph book so she can get the princesses autographs.

After that it was Aurora.

But before more princesses arrived, we got our appetizers. My DA and I ordered the soup which is clam chowder. DGM and DM got the salad. It was so weird to get a soup and plated salad instead of getting the antipasti tower when eating at AG. It just shows you that there was changes to the menu and I had no problem starting off with the soup that afternoon.

Then the next princess that showed up to our table was Snow White.

Later on, Cinderella with her winter dress made an appearance.

As expected that we got to meet four Disney princesses during our meal if you do not include Ariel which will be five. I have seen Aurora, Belle, Snow White and Cinderella as the princesses that are there during Arielís Princess Celebration meals. I should say during my December trip when my aunt, Silv, MP and I ate at AG for breakfast that we got to see Tiana during the character breakfast which was nice to see a different princess.

DD2 was so happy to be able to meet all the princesses during the lunch.

Our food finally arrived and we were all excited to have lunch that afternoon.

DM and I ordered the Red Oak-Smoked Honey-Whisky BBQ Tri-Tip with thinly sliced mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.

DGM ordered the Sauteed Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta with seasonal vegetables and basil tossed in a tomato broth.

My DA ordered the Citrus-Glazed Chicken Breast with udon noodles and bok choy, edamame and carrots in a light miso broth.

The tri-tip was nice but it wasnít that much of a big difference when I ate the same thing back in January and June. I still enjoyed the food. My DA didnít enjoy the chicken as it had looked. DGM and DM enjoyed their meals as well while I didnít get a picture of the food from DD2.

After finishing our meals, it was time for the dessert where DD2 got her own dessert plate.

The dessert plate which had a variety of different treats. The plate doesnít look too impressive from the past dining experience at AG.

We finished our meal at AG and we started to exit AG that afternoon. DD2 was so happy to have the character M&G at AG that afternoon. DGM and DM were glad to have lunch at AG that night. Unfortunately, my DA wasnít that impressed with AG during lunch since she told me later that day that it was not even worth eating at AG. The food that she had was not that good and it was 3 times more if we ate somewhere else like the ESPN Zone which is our favorite sit down restaurant at the DLR. But she did it for DGM, DM and DD2. She told me that she will not want to do another character meal in a long time. I can understand what she said to me that we paid the extra $20 per person just to see the characters along with the meal. The meal was nice but I do agree with my DA that one time at lunch during Arielís Princess Celebration meal is enough for me as well. If I ever eat at AG, it would be for the World of Color meal over the character meal. I did eat at AG for breakfast back during the December trip and this will be the last time in a long time until I ever eat at AG.

Now we got the stroller and DGM and DM wanted to get some pictures in front of AG and at the Paradise Pier.

After getting a few pictures of DGM, DM and DD2 at Paradise Pier after our lunch at Arielís Grotto. It was around 1pm and it was time for DD2 to take her afternoon nap. So DGM and DM told my DA and I that they are heading back to the GCH to rest up that afternoon and will meet us back at the park later that night so we can watch the 9pm WoC Winter Dreams show.

I wanted to see WoC Winter Dreams during the AP viewing event on Friday night since my DA and I got the FPís along with the ornaments. Since we decided to be with DGM, DM and DD2 that night and took a chance that didnít pay off too well when BelieveÖIn Holiday Magic fireworks was canceled that night, we didnít get to see it on Friday so Sunday night will be the night that we will get to see WoC Winter Dreams.

My DA and I wanted to do one thing before we head on back to our hotel room to rest up that afternoon until we head back to DL that night. So DGM, DM and DD2 went back to the GCH while my DA and I started to head on out of DCA and over to DL. We plan on going to DL to see the 1:45pm show of Mickey and the Magical Map. My DA havenít seen the new show at DL yet and I have seen it a few times where I can tell that she will like to see it. DGM and DM told us that they will see the show on a Monday when we leave that day and they told us that they did enjoy the show.

So DGM, DM and DD2 went back to the GCH while my DA and I head on out of DCA and over to DL. The day at DCA was quite busy around 1pm when we were exiting the park. So the two of us left PP and went on out of DCA and over back to the Esplanade.

We walked on out of DCA and back at the Esplanade and start to head on over to DL to see the 1:45pm show of Mickey and the Magical Map.

Mostly, my DA and I would head on back to our hotel room to rest up so we can be all ready to go at the parks at night but since we didnít see MatMM yet, this was the best time to see it since we plan on watching other nighttime shows that night and rest up.

That will be it for this post and I will have more from DL that afternoon.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:10 AM   #3383
PrincessInOz
in

Catching up.

The pictures of the princesses are adorable. I love that DD was dressed up for the M&G.

The pictures you've shared inside LM are fine. Just remember - you are shooting with a new lens and it can take a while to work out the best settings for you, camera and lens. I'll bet the next time you went in the pictures were better.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 01-23-2014, 06:36 AM   #3384
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures with the little one and the princesses! The food does look better than what we had a couple of years ago with the WOC dinner. Looks like you had a very nice day.

I was impressed with the new screens at the Annimation exibit too. We always go there to see the Toy Story Zoetrope.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #3385
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Catching up.

The pictures of the princesses are adorable. I love that DD was dressed up for the M&G.

The pictures you've shared inside LM are fine. Just remember - you are shooting with a new lens and it can take a while to work out the best settings for you, camera and lens. I'll bet the next time you went in the pictures were better.
DD2 was all dressed up very nicely in order to meet the princesses that afternoon at AG. It will be a long time until I eat at AG again during the character meals. The meals are nice but for the price is quite expensive. If I do ever spend that much money at AG, it would be for the WoC FP's at the preferred viewing area. But I will always choose the blue section over the preferred viewing area.

You are absolutely correct about that PiO. If was my first time shooting with a new lens and body. I remember my first time taking pictures of the dark rides and they were so blurry. I have learned over time and just need to re-learn everything again. When I took pictures from the LM ride back in December, I used the 35mm f/1.8 instead of the Tamrom 17-50mm f/2.8 lens. I should have used the Tamrom but the extra aperture on the 35mm makes more sense for the dark rides.

Quote:
Love the pictures with the little one and the princesses! The food does look better than what we had a couple of years ago with the WOC dinner. Looks like you had a very nice day.

I was impressed with the new screens at the Annimation exibit too. We always go there to see the Toy Story Zoetrope.
DD2 had a great time meeting all the princesses during the character m&g. The food looks appetizing but for some reason my DA didn't enjoy her dish.

It was nice that the Animation Building had updated its screens where it is now in high definition and clear to see. That is neat that you were able to see the Toy Story Zoetrope. It is nice to see it once in awhile when in the Animation Building.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #3386
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 6

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 6

My DA and I head on over to DL that day in order to see the 1:45pm Mickey and the Magical Map show. She has not seen this show yet and she wanted to see how good this show is after I have been telling it about it to her since the show debut this past summer.

DGM, DM and DD2 went back to the GCH to give DD2 a nap during the middle of the afternoon since we have been in DCA for most of the morning to noon. This would be around the same time for my DA and I to take a break in the afternoon after a day in the parks but we decided to see MatMM at that time since other times of the day wonít do well for us since we plan on doing a lot of different night activities at DL and DCA.

DL was not that bad when heading on over to the turnstiles where it can be quite busy during anytime during the day.

Just making our way to the Fantasyland Theatre.

It was about 10 minutes to go until the 1:45pm show of MatMM started. We were close to the back of the theatre but this is a good thing about the FL Theatre that there are a lot of great spots to watch the show even from the back.

The last time I have seen MatMM was back in September with PiO and Alison group when we were in front of the stage. I enjoyed watching it up close that time and it was nice to get soe up close pictures of the show. This time since we were coming late, we had no problem watching it from the back.

I just used my DSLR to take pictures of the show without using the video camera. I have videotaped this show ever since the summer and it is a very nice show to watch when you are at DL.

Here is my video of Mickey and the Magical Map Full Show 9/15/13 from the September 2013 trip which we were up close to the front of the stage.

Here are pictures from the 1:45pm MatMM show on Sunday.

Yen Sid

Apprentice Mickey

Talking King Louie

Pocahontas

Mulan

Rapunzel and Flynn

During the Lilo and Stitch scene, there was a new addition to the show and it was Stitch. When I have watched MatMM ever since this summer, Stitch never made an appearance during this scene of the show. It was so neat to see Stitch in the show which made perfect sense.

Mickey and Yen Sid

Tiana at the end of the show

Also a new addition to the show which isnít a new addition is Mickey. I know that Mickey is at the end of the show but his costume is different from the old version. During the old one, Mickey was wearing his Sorcerer outfit while he is dressed up as the other actors and actresses during the show which make sense for the end of the show.

When the show was over, we packed all of our stuff and head on out of the FL Theatre and we started to walk on out of DL and back to our room to rest up that night. My DA was impressed with MatMM show that it is a nice addition to DL. Even though the show is still the same, they added some new additions to the show with Stitch and the different costume Mickey which makes the show even better.

We walked on out of FL and towards the castle since the parade route is busy with guests waiting for the parade.

Just as we are leaving around MS Hub area, there were a lot of guests waiting for the 2:30pm ďA Christmas FantasyĒ parade. We plan on seeing the parade later that night at 5:30pm since we plan on going back to the room to rest up that night and see the parade and WoC Winter Dreams.

The two of us headed on out of DL around 2:30pm just before the 2:30pm ďA Christmas FantasyĒ parade started at Itís a Small World Plaza. Luckily the first parade starts at IASW Plaza and head on towards MS Town Square. And later that night for the second parade will be from MS TS to IASW Plaza.

We all are planning on watching the 5:30pm parade at MS TS where the parade is coming out right next to the Mad Hatter store right next to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I have seen the parade from this spot in the past and I knew that DD2 will love to watch the parade from MS TS. But first my DA and I head back to our hotel room to rest up that day and come back in a couple of hours to get a spot for the 5:30pm parade.

That will be it for this post and I will have more from DL that Sunday night.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #3387
PrincessInOz
in

Great pics from MatMM. And it does look busy at DL that day.

Old 01-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #3388
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed MatMM. I told my family you really liked it so it was on our list of 'must dos'. We were glad we went. Great pictures as always!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #3389
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great pics from MatMM. And it does look busy at DL that day.
Thank you PiO. It was a little busy at DL that day where DCA wasn't that bad. There were a lot of people waiting for the first parade at 2:30pm.

Quote:
We really enjoyed MatMM. I told my family you really liked it so it was on our list of 'must dos'. We were glad we went. Great pictures as always!
I'm glad to hear that you were able to see MatMM during your trip last month and enjoyed it. Thank you TK.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:45 AM   #3390
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 7

Day 3 Ė November 24th, 2013 Ė Part 7

My DA and I went back to our room at Best Western Anaheim Inn to rest up so we can get ready for the nighttime at the DLR. We plan on watching the 7:45pm World of Color Winter Dreams at Disney California Adventure while we plan on going to DL that night to watch the 5:30pm ďA Christmas FantasyĒ parade. We had a fun morning and afternoon at DCA and DL and it was time for the best part of the day of watching the parade at DL and watching WoC Winter Dreams.

We plan on meeting back up with DGM, DM and DD2 at DL around 4:30pm one hour until the parade starts at Main Street Town Square where the second parade starts where the first one starts at IASW Plaza to MS TS. We didnít plan on watching the first parade that day since DD2 had to take her afternoon nap and she will be all ready to go that night at DL and DCA.

It was around 4pm when we were about to leave our room to head back to DL. We only rested about one and a half hours in the room until we left our room and back to DL that day. I brought my tripod along with all my other equipment for the nighttime. We always bring a blanket so we can mark our territory for the parade and fireworks. Since there are five people in our group, the blanket will make a big difference.

My DA and I got back to the Esplanade around 4:20pm and we waited until DGM, DM and DD2 arrived from the GCH. They got here around 4:30pm which was good time so we have to wait an hour for the 5:30pm parade.

When we got to MS TS, there were spots available for the parade at 5:30pm. It was also a very nice night where it wasnít that cold and the lights on the Christmas tree havenít been turned on just yet. The Flag Retreat already passed a while ago. I have seen the parade from this spot during the second one of the day. If you are watching it from this spot during the first one, it wonít be that good since the parade is coming from the opposite direction.

A look at where the parade starts at MS Town Square right next to the Mad Hatter store in MS.

It was almost time for the Christmas tree at Town Square to turn on which is so nice to see at night. The tree at Town Square is amazing along with DCA Buena Vista Street Christmas tree.

The lights are now turn on

While we were waiting for the parade to start at 5:30pm, there was something weird going that night. There wasnít a lot of CMís getting ready around Town Square for the parade at 5:30pm. I was wondering what was going on if the parade was going to start on time. It wasnít raining or anything that would cause the parade to be canceled.

I talked to a CM about the time for the 5:30pm parade and they told us that the parade is starting from IASW Plaza. I was completely surprised to hear that the parade is not starting from MS TS but instead at IASW Plaza. They told us that the parade had some technical difficulties during the 2:30pm and it was canceled. So the parade will be starting from IASW Plaza to MS TS. I was not pleased to hear that the parade is starting at IASW Plaza instead of MS TS during the 2nd parade since I plan on seeing the parade start from MS TS to IASW Plaza. But since the first parade was canceled that day, we will have to watch it come from IASW Plaza.

That was not the worse part, since we are planning on watching World of Color Winter Dreams at 7:45pm (since there were three showings of WoC Winter Dreams one at 7:45pm, 9pm and 10:15pm). The parade will take about 10 to 15 minutes to get from IASW Plaza to MS TS and we might not get our spot to watch the 7:45pm WoC Winter Dreams. If I said 9pm on my earlier posts for WoC, it was actually 7:45pm since there were three showings. Talk about an early time for WoC Winter Dreams but since it was during Thanksgiving break and the parks were a little busy, it was a good idea to add a third show.

So we had to watch the parade on our right hand side where it circled MS TS.

Before we got to watch the parade at 5:30pm, I have read from other reviews that ďA Christmas FantasyĒ parade has gone through some changes. The floats are mostly the same during the parade but they took out a lot of characters that are part of the parade. I was a little sad to see that Disney changed the parade instead of the usual but I will let the pictures tell you instead of my words if you have ever seen ďA Christmas FantasyĒ parade at DL during the Christmas season.

I used my tripod to videotape the parade and I had my camera in my hand to take pictures. Here are pictures from the 5:30pm ďA Christmas FantasyĒ parade.

The lead float has the ballerina and a stuff teddy bear. It was nice to see the stuff teddy bear on the lead float which originally had Duffy. But you will see Duffy shortly on another float.

Toy Soldiers

Mrs. Claus float. Duffy was on the first float the last few years and this year he is on top of the float instead of Pluto. I donít like Duffy on this float which I am use to seeing Pluto on top.

Daisy

Mrs. Claus

The snowflake performers

Welcome to a Winter Wonderland unit

Now it was Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore with their sleighs along with skiers which is new to the show.

Eeyore mostly is at the end of the Ice Skating float with Mickey and Minnie but he is with Pooh and Tigger with the skiers.

The snowy Christmas tree is still there during the parade

And we canít forget about the snowpeople.

Thatís it for this post and I will have more from ďA Christmas FantasyĒ parade that night.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: