Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #3286
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great night time pictures Bret! The popcorn bucket is cute but if you already have one I wish is was different.

You're helping me be even more excited to head to DL on Sunday!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #3287
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I like the Mickey bucket. That'll go real nice with the Dumbo one.

Shame about the fireworks but I guess if there is high winds they have to play it safe.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #3288
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
There were so many things I missed this trip. I never even got to see IASW all lit up. Your photos are nice. The show must have been awesome too. Even though it is only 2 minutes, I would have liked to watch it. Glad you watched it. Those popcorn buckets are cute. I scooped one up as well. They must have had a lot left over from last year or something. I meant to get a hitch hiking ghost bucket during Halloween time but forgot. When we were doing the Holiday Tour, I saw them out somewhere. I could not remember where.

Sorry the fireworks were cancelled. We never saw them from the park as usual. The night we arrived, I saw them going off from the car. On our first park day, we watched WoC. I saw them going off from the tram line. We left the park at 2:30 and 6:00 respectively the other two days, so it was not in the cards for me either.
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't see IASWH at night. It is so amazing during the night with the Christmas lights all light up at the facade. Thank you Kim. You would have really enjoyed the show even though it is only for 2 minutes. Glad that you were able to get one of the Santa Mickey popcorn buckets during your trip. I was also trying to find the Mickey hitchhiking popcorn bucket during my September trip and it wasn't there. I don't think I saw it when I passed by the HMH a few times.

It was no problem since I knew that it wasn't going to play that night with high winds. Good thing that I didn't wait in front of SB Winter Castle for 2+ hours and to find out that it is cancelled. You should consider one day to watch the fireworks when in DL. With the fireworks and the music at the same time, it is amazing to watch. When you watch the fireworks without the music, it seems very dull but that is me when I watch the fireworks at the Disney parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great night time pictures Bret! The popcorn bucket is cute but if you already have one I wish is was different.

You're helping me be even more excited to head to DL on Sunday!
Thank you TK. I got the Santa Mickey popcorn bucket last year which I was so excited to get. This year they had the same one and it didn't make any sense to get one for myself unless I got it for someone else. Luckily, DM wanted to get one of those buckets for her DD2. I'm hoping that there will be something new next year. Are you thinking of getting one during your trip?

I'm glad that you getting more excited for your trip and hope you and your family have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I like the Mickey bucket. That'll go real nice with the Dumbo one.

Shame about the fireworks but I guess if there is high winds they have to play it safe.
The Santa Mickey popcorn bucket is nice and I have them along with other buckets that I have bought at the Disney parks. I have Dumbo, Ghost Mickey, Jack Skellington coffin, Snowman Mickey, R2D2, and a whole lot of other character buckets.

It was a shame and glad that we didn't spend time to get a spot for the fireworks and find out that it was canceled that night. The DLR has to keep it safe since it is around a residential area. At WDW, the fireworks will still go on even though it is windy. I have watch the fireworks at the MK when it is windy.

The next post will be up shortly.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #3289
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė November 22nd, 2013 Ė Part 12

Day 1 Ė November 22nd, 2013 Ė Part 12

On the last update, we all roam around Fantasyland until the 9:30pm show of ďBelieveÖIn Holiday MagicĒ fireworks. We got to watch Itís a Small World Chock show a few times while we were waiting. The show at IASWH is very nice with the new enhancements and updated show. When it was 9:30pm and no fireworks was going on, so we knew that it wasnít going to happen that night. But we still got to see it snow at IASW Plaza that night which is always fun to see.

Just when it stopped snowing at IASW Plaza where we were planning on watching ďBelieveÖIn Holiday MagicĒ fireworks but was canceled due to high winds, we started to move on to our next activity that night.

DGM & DM knew that DD2 was getting tired that night where they have been in the parks since 2pm that day at DCA and DL that night with my DA and I. Even though DD2 was in a stroller and being pushed for most of the day, she was getting a little restless that night. It was time for DD2 to get a good night rest.

We were able to do one more ride until we called it that night. When we were walking at IASW Plaza, DGM and DM wanted to ride the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. They always enjoyed going on that ride every time they are here at DL. It should be that busy that night where the wait times should be in the 10 minutes or less. So they want to go on and my DA and I went along with them as well so we we head on over to Tomorrowland to ride the FNSV that night.

While leaving at IASW Plaza, most of the people went straight on IASWH while we were leaving the area.

While walking down on over to TL, DM wanted to ride the Matterhorn but the wait time was in the 30 minute area which is still a long time that night. But she did say that she will want to go on it during the trip.

It was a good thing that I was able to ride the FNSV during this trip where the ride will be down for a long refurbishment after the Holiday season at DL on January 6th. Talk about a long refurbishment like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which it has been down for over a year.

Over at the FNSV at TL, the wait time was only 5 minutes to get on the ride.

Not that busy that night

It didnít take that long to get on the ride.

For the ride, I just went along with it and enjoyed it without taking pictures or videotaping since there wasnít a lot of daylight that night and I didnít have my video camera all set up. So it was nice to go on the ride without using any of my equipment. The ride is great to go on with Nemo and friends. It has been nice that the Submarines are back at DL where the original Submarine Voyage closed back in the mid 90ís and came back as the FNSV in 2007 which is great to have back at TL.

After we got off the FNSV, we all started to head on out of the park since it was getting a little late that night. It was around 10:30pm that night and DD2 needed to get back to the room and rest up for tomorrow which is important.

So we all head on out of the park together and a look at Innoventions that night.

There were still some people that night at DL.

Before we all head on out of the park, DGM & DM wanted to get another group picture together in front of Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle together which is very nice at night. They even asked the CM Photographer to get a picture as well since they had the PhotoPass+ package.

Now we all started to head on out of the park and walked down MS.

A look at Tomorrowland.

It is so amazing while walking down MS when the Christmas lights on on.

The garlands are very nice to look at over MS.

A look back at SB Winter Castle on MS.

Before we left DL, DGM, DM and DD2 wanted to stop at the Emporium to look at the merchandise and see what they want to buy later during the trip. While my DA and I were in MS, I told my DA that I had to look for some treats for my DIS friend. She is the one that asked for the 2014 Attraction Poster Calendars and hope that we would be able to find the certain treat at one of the main candy stores at the DLR.

My DA and I departed from DGM, DM and DD2 for that night and we will be with them the next morning and for most of the trip at the DLR.

So we head on over to the Candy Palace to look for the certain treat at the store. We spent quite some time in the store looking for the treat which is the Mickey Macadamia Nut Cluster. We looked all over the Candy Palace and have asked the CMís about it and they told us that they didnít have it. I was kind of surprised that they didnít have the Mickey Macadamia Nut Cluster in the store and told us that it might be at Poohís Corner or the Marcelineís Confectionery store in DTD. We spent awhile looking in the store for the Macadamia Nut Cluster and came out empty. But in the end, I did spend some time taking pictures of the Holiday treats.

The Mickey rice crispy treat looked very appetizing.

After looking around the Candy Palace, my DA and I started to head on out of the park and back to Best Western Anaheim Inn to call it for the night. The park was not that crowded around MS Town Square when my DA and I were leaving Dl that night. We needed to get back to the room to rest for tomorrow morning which is important.

We got back to BWAI around 10:45pm which was not that bad where we rode the FNSV and looking around the Candy Palace for the macadamia nut clusters. That concludes our first day at the DLR during the Holiday season.

This was an interesting day where we did a lot of different things that day from stopping at Alisonís house to drop off some crab, my DA got the Deluxe AP again, got FPís for the WoC Winter Dreams AP preview, walking around both DCA and DL seeing all the different Holiday decorations, meeting up with DGM, DM and DD2 that night and to go on different rides and seeing different shows. This was a fun night and it will get better these next few days. The first day was a good opportunity for me to go around the DLR and get as many pictures of the Christmas decorations. I was excited and a little sad of the decorations around the DLR. But that is expected when Disney does new decorations and takes out decorations that I have seen over the years.

Now we are getting ready for Saturday and a big day for all of us.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #3290
PrincessInOz
in

Great night time shots down MK.

Pity about the Macadamia nut clusters. They are my favourites and I normally find them at Marcelines. I've only rarely seen them at the Main Street Bakery; but then I only look for them there rarely.

I heard that Nemo was going down for a long refurb. Glad to see you got a ride in.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #3291
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

You did get a lot done on your first day. I am impressed. FNSV is a ride I enjoy, but I have never walked by with anything less than a 30 minute wait. When it says it will take 30, it generally takes longer too. I am glad you found it with less than a 5 minute wait. That was nice. The only reason I have ridden the new Matterhorn is thanks to the single rider line. You'd think they were handing out free money in the regular line. It is always long and wraps around two lands, so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Those treats do look pretty good.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #3292
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Your night time photos are just great!! I may get a Santa Mickey bucket. We'll have to see. Our flight leaves at 5:30 am California time tomorrow. Can't await for our adventure to begin.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #3293
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great night time shots down MK.

Pity about the Macadamia nut clusters. They are my favourites and I normally find them at Marcelines. I've only rarely seen them at the Main Street Bakery; but then I only look for them there rarely.

I heard that Nemo was going down for a long refurb. Glad to see you got a ride in.
Thank you PiO.

It was a pity that the Mickey Macadamia nut clusters were not at the Candy Palace store on Main Street. I know that this store as well as Pooh's Corner are the main stores at DL that would sell that specific treat. I did stop at Marceline's confectionery during the trip to see if they had it and just like the Candy Palace, Pooh's Corner, and Trolley Treats at DCA, they didn't have it. We went through every stores at the DLR to find it and no luck. When my DA and I asked the CM's at Pooh's Corner on Saturday night about the Mickey Macadamia Nut Cluster and they were also surprised that they don't have the Mickey Macadamia Nut Clusters. They told us that they will tell their bosses about having the Mickey Macadamia Nut Clusters in the future.

Just as you said that the FNSV will be down for a long refurbishment after the Holiday season at the DLR. I thought that it was nice to go on it with them and glad that we got to ride it where it will be down for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
You did get a lot done on your first day. I am impressed. FNSV is a ride I enjoy, but I have never walked by with anything less than a 30 minute wait. When it says it will take 30, it generally takes longer too. I am glad you found it with less than a 5 minute wait. That was nice. The only reason I have ridden the new Matterhorn is thanks to the single rider line. You'd think they were handing out free money in the regular line. It is always long and wraps around two lands, so it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Those treats do look pretty good.
We did get a lot done that day and I have got a lot of pictures of the Christmas decorations at DL. The FNSV is a fun ride to go on and it is a slow loading ride where it does take awhile to load and unload the boats. Rides that say 30 minutes can take longer. I remember during the trip when we were in the queue for RSR on a EMH, we waited a long time to get on the ride since it wasn't up and running. I really don't like to go on RSR in the morning since it is always down when I am at the parks. It was nice that the wait time to get on FNSV was only 5 minutes. Nice to hear that you were able to ride the Matterhorn with the single rider queue. I don't like how the Matterhorn queue is set up where you have to be in one queue and when you approached the entrance, you can choose from the TL side or FL side. It would be nice if they kept the two separate queue's for each side so it won't be that busy. But I can understand why they do that and have only one queue instead of two for each sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Your night time photos are just great!! I may get a Santa Mickey bucket. We'll have to see. Our flight leaves at 5:30 am California time tomorrow. Can't await for our adventure to begin.
Thank you TK. Hope you are able to get one of the Santa Mickey popcorn bucket during your trip. Hope you and your family have a great time during the holiday season.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #3294
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 1

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 1

On the last update, we didnít get to see ďBelieveÖIn Holiday MagicĒ fireworks since it was canceled that night. But we were able to enjoy the snow at Itís a Small World Plaza. Later, we went to ride the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage which was a good thing that we rode it that night where it was a walk-on. We parted ways that night at Main Street and we will see DGM, DM and DD2 the next day since we are spending most of our vacation with each other. My DA and I used our last few minutes in the park to look for Mickey Macadamia Nut Clusters at the Candy Palace and unfortunately we didnít find it. Hopefully we would be able to find it at the other stores at the DLR. We went back to our room to call it for the night.

Now is day 2 of the trip which is the most important day. You will find out later on during day 2 what was so special on that day. Now back to the trip report.

It was a new day for my DA and me. We will meet up with DGM, DM, & DD2 at the parks and enjoy another great day at the DLR during the Christmas season. This was a good one where we will be going to the park early that morning in order to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. Since they are staying at the Grand California Hotel, they are allowed to enter DL that morning during EMH which is the day for that park. DL doesnít open till 9am which is a later time on a Saturday and it was a good thing that we can rest a little bit in the morning and go to the park when it opens at 8am for MM.

My DA and I got up early that morning in order to meet up with DGM, DM and DD2 at the Esplanade. It wasnít that early where we got up around 6:45am. We got all dressed up and left Best Western Anaheim Inn on over to the Esplanade. It was around 7:30am when we left the hotel to meet up with our other party members.

From looking at the crowds from Friday, I can tell that it was going to be a busy trip since it is the weekend of Thanksgiving break. It didnít feel really busy on Friday in the afternoon since it rained that afternoon. At night, it was a little busy with more and more people in the park. Luckily, I got everything all planned out really well just in case with the parks getting crowded that day.

It was not that busy that morning when we left BWAI since the park doesnít open until 9am at its schedule time. The day was really nice where it wasnít that cold. There were a few clouds in the sky and at least it didnít rain like Friday where it did rain in the afternoon and stopped at night.

When we got to the Esplanade, we were waiting right next to the Stroller and Wheelchair rental area right next to DL. DGM, DM, & DD2 were using the rental strollers and had to come in that area to pick one up. So we waited awhile until they came that morning.

There were some people waiting to get in the park that morning in the MM turnstile as well as the regular entrance turnstile.
í

DCA not opened that morning since there wasnít a EMH that day.

It was before 8am when they arrived since they had to get DD2 all dressed up. She was wearing a very nice Minnie dressed that morning since we will be seeing Minnie that morning.

Monorail Mark VII Red was running that morning.

When they arrived, we head on over to the Magic Morning/Extra Magic Hour turnstiles to enter DL that morning. I havenít done a Magic Morning since DL did the Limited Time Magic event for the AP where we got to go in DL & DCA last summer.

A look at the snowflakes on top of the turnstiles. The snowflakes have been up on the turnstiles for years during the Christmas season and they are nice but not as nice as the giant character pumpkins during the Halloween season.

DL just opened for MM/EMH and it is so nice to go in the park first thing in the morning.

There were some people in the park during MM and we were all walking down MS where most of the stores are not opened that morning.

The first thing we wanted to do was go on Peter Pan Flight which is the first ride to go on during the morning. But with the crowds, it is likely that PP will have a long wait queue. Maybe we will get lucky and it wonít be that bad.

It is so beautiful to see Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle during the holiday season.

DGM, DM, & DD2 wanted to get a picture in front of SB Winter Castle.

Then we walked through the Castle to get to Fantasyland.

On the back side of SB Winter Castle

When we were in FL, we went straight to PP and unfortunately, the line was already out of the queue and it said that it was in the 25 minute wait time. There was no way we would go on that ride with a 25 minute wait time when we can go on PP with that wait time during the day.

While we were in FL, DGM and DM wanted to go on Snow White Scary Adventures since it was a walk-on that morning. We went on the ride and DD2 was really scared of this ride that she was crying during the ride. DM covered DD2 when we were on the ride. DM told DD2 that she will not take her on scary rides. DD2 got scared from PotC on Friday night and hope that she wonít get scared of any of the other rides during the trip.

The Evil Queen is staring at something.

Most of the rides around FL were walk-ons except PP.

DD2 told DM and DGM that she wanted to go on King Arthurís Carousel. So DGM, DM, DD2 and my DA went all together where I didnít go on the ride so I can get pictures of them while they are riding it.

While I was waiting for them to get on KAC, I went around to get a few pictures.

Mr. Toadís Wild Ride and a look at the safety wall in the background for the CMís.

Frozen Meet & Greet was not open that morning and Olaf is resting.

He is now up.

I got a few pictures of them when they were riding KAC.

DD2 was so happy to be able to ride KAC. This reminds me of my aunt (not my DA that was with me during this trip but from the past trips) BF DD3 loves riding the carousel in Sacramento and she rode KAC a lot of times back in January. DD2 now was settled after riding KAC after being scared on Snow Whiteís Scary Adventures.

After getting off KAC, we went on over to Dumbo with little wait time. Just DM and DD2 went on Dumbo while my DA and DGM waited along with me when they are done.

It was so hard to get good pictures when they were riding Dumbo.

DD2 was happy to ride Dumbo. Then we started to head on over to our next ride at FL during MM/EMH. But that will be on the next update.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #3295
PrincessInOz
in

What a great way to start the morning. I love EMH starts but its a shame that the PP line was already out to 25 minutes.

I love the pictures of your travel companions in front of the castle. DD2 looks lovely in that Minnie dress; and that expression on her face got me laughing!

Hopefully, she wasn't that grumpy during the day.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #3296
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Great updates and photos. I especially like the one of the wreathes and the ones of your family at night in front of the castle.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #3297
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Nice update Brett, I love the DD in her Minnie dress.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #3298
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a great way to start the morning. I love EMH starts but its a shame that the PP line was already out to 25 minutes.

I love the pictures of your travel companions in front of the castle. DD2 looks lovely in that Minnie dress; and that expression on her face got me laughing!

Hopefully, she wasn't that grumpy during the day.
It was a nice start to the morning to be able to go to DL during MM/EMH. The first hour of the day was really important to get on some rides so we can cross them off during the trip. It was a shame that PP line was at 25 minutes. I had a hunch that with the crowds during Thanksgiving break and MM/EMH, the wait time for PP would be that long.

The picture in front of SB Winter Castle during the daytime is way better over the nighttime one. DD2 Minnie dress was so nice in that dress. There were times where she showed that expression on her face where she wants to meet some characters. We were able to see a lot of characters during the trip and you will find out why she dressed up in the Minnie dress.

She was a little grumpy a few times but not too many times where you have seen the one in front of the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Great updates and photos. I especially like the one of the wreathes and the ones of your family at night in front of the castle.
Thank you Jeny. The wreaths are so fun to take pictures during the Holiday season. The family that was with me and my DA are not related to us. DGM actually works with my DA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Nice update Brett, I love the DD in her Minnie dress.
Thank you Angela. DD2 Minnie dress is so nice and you will find out why she got that dress during the trip report.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #3299
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 2

Day 2 Ė November 23rd, 2013 Ė Part 2

On the last update, we were all in DL during Magic Morning/Extra Magic Hours thanks to DGM, DM and DD2 for staying at the Grand California Hotel. It has been a while since my DA and I went to DL during MM/EMH. Since DL opened at 8am during MM/EMH instead of 7am, we had some time to enjoy Fantasyland and Tomorrowland until the park opens at 9am. When we got to the park, we tried to go on Peter Pan Flight. Unfortunately, the wait time was in the 25 minute during MM/EMH. So we were able to go on Snow Whiteís Scary Adventure, King Arthurís Carousel and Dumbo. Now we still have part of the MM/EMH to go and back to the trip report.

After when DM and DD2 got off Dumbo, we started to go on our next ride during MM/EMH. When we were still in FL, they wanted to do some other rides so we head straight on over to Alice in Wonderland. It was close to a walk-on to ride AiW. DD2 got scared from Snow Whiteís Scary Adventures and DM thinks that this ride will scare her as well during certain areas of the ride.

When I took pictures of the ride, I had problems focusing so some of them were good while some of them were not that good.

The outside where you see the vine track and the ugly railings.

DD2 got a little scared during the Queen of Hearts scene. At least she was good enough to go on the ride with all of us.

After we got off AiW, they all had to use the restroom and it was almost time when the parks opens at 9am. We still had some time to go on a few other rides until the parks officially opens at 9am but they needed to use the restroom. So we head on over towards Itís a Small World Plaza to the restroom right next to the Fantasyland Theater. I should have led them towards the restroom right next to AiW, but it was nice to go back to IASW Plaza to get more pictures of the faÁade of IASWH.

A look at the Matterhorn

We walked on over towards the IASW Plaza and to my surprised that IASWH was already opened to the MM/EMH guests. It was about 10 more minutes until 9am and IASWH is already accepting the guests. It was nice that it was opened before 9am and I thought about asking everyone if they want to go it that morning but they wanted to do other activities since we have rode IASWH on Friday night. While my group is going to the restroom, I just waited around IASW Plaza to get pictures of the faÁade of IASWH.

When everyone finished using the restroom, DM wanted to go on Space Mountain. Since the park was about to open and just when we arrive at Space Mountain, we could use that time to get FPís so we wonít have to wait in a line. Since DGM doesnít want to go on Space Mountain, she asked me if I can come with her and I had no problem riding Space Mountain with her.

It was sad that I didnít ride Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy during the September trip when I was with PiO and her family. DM was happy that she wonít ride Space Mountain by herself and it is nice to ride Space Mountain where I donít ride it a lot when I go to the DLR.

So we all head on over to Tomorrowland while DM and I could ride Space Mountain while everyone didnít want to ride it while DD2 is not tall enough to ride it.

The day was so nice and we have done a lot of rides during MM/EMH from 8am to 9am.

When we got over to TL and at the entrance of Space Mountain, the FPís were not running yet since DL isnít officially opened until 9am. But when we looked at the wait time at 10 minutes which takes to get from the queue all the way to the loading station, DM and I decided just to go on the ride without getting the FPís and get oneís for another ride. We left our bags with DGM, my aunt and DD2 while DM and I rode Space Mountain.

It was a walk-on where there were any people right close to the loading area.

We were in the back of the car and it was hard to get the picture of the two of us riding Space Mountain. But I was able to get a picture of the two of us.

After we got off Space Mountain, we met up with the rest of our party and they were shopping at the Star Trader store which is close to Space Mountain. They were looking at some of the merchandise. They didnít buy anything at the store and might want to get something later during the trip in which I can save them some money thanks to my Premium AP.

When we left the Star Trader, most of the guests are now entering DL that morning. We plan on going on over to New Orleans Square to ride the Haunted Mansion Holiday that morning. DM wanted to go on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster while we were in the area and it would be fun to go on this ride since I like to go on it when I am at DL. I havenít rode Buzz the last trip since I was busy at the D23 Expo.

It started to pickup that morning with more and more people entering TL.

When we got to BLAB, the wait time was only 5 minutes which is the right amount of time in the morning.

DGM, DM and DD2 went together while I joined my DA in the other space cruiser vehicle. During the ride, I did tell everyone where to aim at the certain targets like the triangles and diamonds which are worth the most points. They followed my tips and they had trouble hitting the targets. Just like them, I had trouble hitting the targets as well while some of the triangle and diamond targets did not light up since they were not working. It was a little disappointing that most of the targets were not working and it showed with only 401,000 points. TK I know that you would say that this would be a great score and should be proud of it but I wasnít that satisfy with it. Hope you have a great trip to the DLR if you read this.

My DA got 85,400 points which is really good for her. DGM and DM forgot their scores but they said that it was in the Level 3 areas which is good for them as well.

When we got off the ride, it was time to head on over to New Orleans Square to go on the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I didnít get to ride it back in September with PiO and her family since the queue was too long or we didnít get there when the crowd levels were low. The park started to get a little busy that morning which isnít a typical morning at DL. Maybe because it was that we went during Thanksgiving break vacation and more families are here during the break.

We walked towards Frontierland so I can see the decorations while walking on over to the HMH. It was quiet in this area since most of the guests were at FL or TL.

We were now in NOS and it was nice to see the Holiday decorations where I was able to see it in the daytime where I have seen it at night on Friday. But I didnít stop in the alley since we were walking on over to the HMH. But I was able to get some pictures while we were walking.

The masks on the poles in NOS are always interesting to look at when we are in NOS. They are all different with colors and decorations on them.

We are almost at the HMH to ride it that morning. When the park opens at 9am, I donít expect the wait time to be less than 5 minutes. DGM and DM were hoping that DD2 wonít get too scared of riding the HMH. She did get scared from riding a couple of dark rides during the trip and hope this one doesnít scare her. But from her reaction of the dark rides, it was most likely that she will get scared of riding the HMH. DGM asked DM if she is okay with DD2 going on the HMH and she said that she will cover her eyes during the ride so she wonít get scared.

That will be it for this post and I will have more from DL and our next attraction at the Haunted Mansion Holiday.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #3300
PrincessInOz
in

Sounds like you got a lot done during EMH.

Love the pictures of AiW. I'm sure that will be on your hit list again when you get back there soon.

Yes, we should have gotten on Ghost Galaxy together. Maybe next time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: