Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #316
Funball
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
I need to remember and finish the rest of my WDW TR. But I thought it would be nice to show some pics of Cinderella castle with the icicles. But the Cinderella castle doesn't have much Holiday decorations than SB castle at DL. I wished that Cinderella castle has more decorations as SB castle. But the pictures of Cinderella castle are very nice with the color changing at night.

Cinderella castle at night.

SB castle at night.

I like these shots!!! VERY nice brett!!!
Funball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #317
amamax2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I read skiingfast's post from last night and his quest suggestions are very interesting. I have saw Sherry photos on her TR and shown two statues in the DLH. That would be another interesting quest to do and would be challenging to look for statues around the resort. All these quest suggestions are now making me thinking of what I should do. I was planning on doing the sign quest at the DLR and now I am thinking of doing a CM name search, statue, ride vehicle names, etc. This is getting crazy of what I should do.

R u talking about the ride signs letters?

Yes, the ride sign letters. They are all so different and fit the theme of the rides so well - it's one of those great details that I "noticed" but didn't really take "notice of" until recently.

I know, I'm in the middle of several quests, but love all these ideas, too. Not sure what I will do either....

I think you could easily do the CM name quest (after all, it's just ONE name you need to find, lol) and maybe one or two of the easier ride names since you don't have a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funball View Post

Ok guys.. seriously? All these quests for poor brett must be making his head spin!!

Hey, Matt started it. Or Sherry. Certainly not me.

How's that trash can quest coming, Sara?

amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #318
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ok guys.. seriously? All these quests for poor brett must be making his head spin!!

But brett, nice TR! Very well done!
It's fine, I'm just thinking of what quest I should do when I head to DL in a few weeks. After doing Matt's riding vehicle quest which was quite an adventure and now want to do something challenging on my short trip to DL.

Quote:
brett how many times do you go to DLR and WDW?

ok in one month how many times do you go to DLR?
In the past I mostly go once a year to DL and during the last three years (not including this year), I went to DL on a average of 4 trips during those three years. I have been to 30+ trips to DL and 7 trips to WDW in my life.

When I went to DL in March 2010, I went to DL on the 16-18 during a short business trip and went to DL about a half day when my family and I were suppose to head to WDW on March 26th. That was two trips in one month.

The most days I have been to DL during a vacation is during the D23 Expo back in 2009 which I went to the park 5 days during that event.

Quote:
I like these shots!!! VERY nice brett!!!
I'm glad that you like the castle pictures with the Holiday overlay. Cinderella Castle at MK does not have that magical Holiday overlay like SB castle does at DL. With no snow on the turrets and few decorations all over the castle (just only the icicles all over the castle at night).

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #319
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Just looking through some of my pics from WDW and DL and see how the difference of the ride design are at both resorts.

Disneyland Splash Mountain

Walt Disney World Splash Mountain

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 01-05-2011, 02:30 AM   #320
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amamax2 View Post
Yes, the ride sign letters. They are all so different and fit the theme of the rides so well - it's one of those great details that I "noticed" but didn't really take "notice of" until recently.

I know, I'm in the middle of several quests, but love all these ideas, too. Not sure what I will do either....

I think you could easily do the CM name quest (after all, it's just ONE name you need to find, lol) and maybe one or two of the easier ride names since you don't have a lot of time.
That will be a good idea to do for my picture quest since I was planning on getting pics of the signs around the DLR. But this will take more than 1 1/2 days at the DLR if I don't plan on doing any rides or shows.

If I do the CM name quest, it will take some time to look for the person with my name, but some names are hard to get. But we will wait and see.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #321
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I don't know why I am having seconds thoughts of missing the extravaganza event on Saturday and enjoy a full day at DL. Some of my friends are not going to the event on saturday and now I am not planning on going to the event. I don't want to go to the event where I don't know anyone, but with the Sign Quest that I am doing, it would give me more time to play around at the parks. But I'll decide when the date gets closer.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 01-09-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #322
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
I don't know why I am having seconds thoughts of missing the extravaganza event on Saturday and enjoy a full day at DL. Some of my friends are not going to the event on saturday and now I am not planning on going to the event. I don't want to go to the event where I don't know anyone, but with the Sign Quest that I am doing, it would give me more time to play around at the parks. But I'll decide when the date gets closer.
I'd determine it as the date comes. It would be a bummer if you went to the show and your friends did not. But if one of them go and you don't they may be bummed. You might just let them plan what you do on Saturday.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:32 AM   #323
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I'd determine it as the date comes. It would be a bummer if you went to the show and your friends did not. But if one of them go and you don't they may be bummed. You might just let them plan what you do on Saturday.
I know Matt, when the date comes closer I will decide if I want to spend part of my Saturday at the Extravaganza event or miss it and spend time at DL and do the Sign Quest. But most of my friends are not going out to LA for that event since they can't afford to go down there and don't have time to go down. Even though it is one of the biggest YU-GI-OH! TCG events of the year, there must be reasons for them to go and not to go down there for the event.

I would like them to be there, but if they can't make it, I can spend more time on the Sign Quest around the resort. I am very looking forward to see RDCT fireworks.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:30 AM   #324
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Can't believe I am in the single digits and only 9 days away till my mini trip to DL. Kind of excited to do a very difficult quest in the Sign Quest at the DLR. This will be 10 times more harder than the Vehicle Ride Quest. With so rides, restaurants, shopping centers, bathrooms, etc. is going to be tough, but it is very exciting.

To get ready for my short trip, I thought to post of the signs around the DLR that I have taken in the past. Here are some pics of the signs.

Disney Showcase Store Sign

Pacific Wharf Sign

TRON Legacy 3D Sneak Peak Sign

The Golden Horseshoe Sign

Main Street Bakery at MK

Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #325
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

4 down, so many to go.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:08 AM   #326
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I'm bored so far, so I thought to post more of the signs of the DLR before I do the Sign Quest next week. I'm just going crazy since I can't wait anymore days until my short trip to DL.

Splash Mountain Sign

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh Sign

Hungry Bear Restaurant Sign

Disneyland Population Sign on MS RR Station

Haunted Mansion Holiday Sign

Mickey's Halloween Party Candy Station Sign

Crystal Arcade Sign

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy Sign

Thats another 8 more so I am down 12 more and hundreds to go at the DLR.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #327
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy Sign

Thats another 8 more so I am down 12 more and hundreds to go at the DLR.
And you got a FP sign in there too!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #328
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

It looks like that I have now made my decision of what I am going to do next Saturday during my trip. As you have read that I was planning on going to the YU-GI-OH! TCG Extravaganza event at the LA Convention Center on Saturday, but most of my friends are not planning on going to the event o I decided not to go. I am kind of sad that I am not going to that event.

But right I am now kind of excited to go to DL next week after I read from Dizneydaz about Family Fun Weeeknds. It was very interesting to get to see a lot of different characters that have not appeared at DL for awhile. If I have read it correctly from Dizneydaz, there will be Clara, Clarabelle, 3 little pigs etc. But I am kind of excited to see this event next week and I am going to be going crazy taking pictures and videotaping the events.

Kind of sad and now very excited to go to DL next week. I have a lot to do that week. Not only the Sign Quest and now Family Fun Weekend with Kickin' Country Weekend.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:21 PM   #329
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Any chance you can get down there the following week too. To film the new show about memories?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #330
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Any chance you can get down there the following week too. To film the new show about memories?
R u talking about videotaping the Kickin' Country Weekend show like Dizneydaz has taken during her vacation? When I get to DL around 12 to 1 on Friday, I am plan on going to the back side of DL and see that event. I will be taking pictures of the signs around the park when I get to the back side.

Oops. I believe u r talking about the next week after my trip next week. I would like to go back down their for another week, but I have other things to do next week and have not time to go back to DL.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 01-15-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: didn't read pp carefully

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: