Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #3256
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

I think I remember those; especially the first one from my trip in 2008.

Yes, if you're used to seeing those gorgeous trees, then the ugly plastic ones are just ugly plastic trees.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #3257
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of Toontown! I'm enjoying your trip report.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #3258
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Bret --

Another round of festive, lovely photos!

I was giggling the whole time while reading your comments about the ugly plastic trees! As you are well aware, I am in full agreement with you about the trees. I think the problem is that we vividly remember the older trees (and the old light strands/canopy in NOS, and the old wreath with the crescent moon-headed jester figure sitting in it, etc.), and a lot of casual holiday visitors, or other people who don't go into Toontown, would never really notice a difference in trees. If we had never seen the older (good) trees or paid much attention to them, we wouldn't be so annoyed with the ugly plastic trees now!

Then again, a lot of people don't tour DLR like we (you and I) do. Even though you are with your DA and other people a lot of the time on your trips, you also make a point of going off on solo photo sprees -- it's important to you to do that -- so as you're taking those photos you pay a lot attention to the details of those decorations and details of the general environment/landscape from year to year.

As you know, that's what I do as well -- wander around by myself for hours or days on end, taking photos. On the subject of Toontown -- heck, one of the first things I noticed when Mint Crocodile posted some 2013 DLR holiday photos on the mintcrocodile site (and this was before I was at DLR on 11/15) was that Roger Rabbit was positioned differently in the wreath above Car Toon Spin! In the past Roger has been turned to the side. This year he is facing forward/straight ahead. Do I think that too many other people noticed the same thing? Probably not.

Whenever we get to Toontown Theme Week in the Theme Week Countdown each year, I am always surprised at the number of folks who say they never noticed certain things in Toontown, or that they never even go back to Toontown! Liza is one of them -- she said that she never really goes back there. I'm always excited to get to Toontown Theme Week because I know that at least a couple of us will have photos to share...but Toontown seems to yield one of the lowest turnouts for photo contributions in the Theme Week Countdowns (often with the fewest participants), especially this year. People are just not paying enough attention to the holiday decorations in that land, and they are missing one of the best areas for themed, whimsical holiday details!

So I think that when we do get a lot of solo time to kind of roam free and find interesting photo subjects around DLR, we tend to be more impressed or unimpressed with even subtle changes to things, whereas other folks who don't get that time won't notice much of a difference or care.

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in being indifferent to the underwhelming snowflake motif above the turnstiles! I remember a comment someone else made about those snowflakes a couple of years ago -- she said that the snowflakes have no connection to any of the decor inside DL, unlike the character pumpkins, which are connected to the giant Mickey pumpkin in Town Square, and then the pumpkins along Main Street. There is a certain continuity there.

The snowflakes. however, are not continued in anything else or in any other decorations along Main Street -- not that I want that to happen -- so they seem detached from all of the other wonderful decor. The fact that Frozen is out this year and there's a snow-covered meet & greet spot for it in FL is just convenient timing...but as we all know, those pesky snowflakes above the turnstiles were there way before Frozen ever existed.

I'm going to meet Kim/kmedina in 3 days, at DCA! She'll be on her way out as I'm on my way in, but at least we'll meet.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #3259
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I think I remember those; especially the first one from my trip in 2008.

Yes, if you're used to seeing those gorgeous trees, then the ugly plastic ones are just ugly plastic trees.
Just like Sherry, we are so used to seeing real decorated trees over the ugly plastic trees these last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great pictures of Toontown! I'm enjoying your trip report.

TK
Thank you TK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Bret --

Another round of festive, lovely photos!

I was giggling the whole time while reading your comments about the ugly plastic trees! As you are well aware, I am in full agreement with you about the trees. I think the problem is that we vividly remember the older trees (and the old light strands/canopy in NOS, and the old wreath with the crescent moon-headed jester figure sitting in it, etc.), and a lot of casual holiday visitors, or other people who don't go into Toontown, would never really notice a difference in trees. If we had never seen the older (good) trees or paid much attention to them, we wouldn't be so annoyed with the ugly plastic trees now!

Then again, a lot of people don't tour DLR like we (you and I) do. Even though you are with your DA and other people a lot of the time on your trips, you also make a point of going off on solo photo sprees -- it's important to you to do that -- so as you're taking those photos you pay a lot attention to the details of those decorations and details of the general environment/landscape from year to year.

As you know, that's what I do as well -- wander around by myself for hours or days on end, taking photos. On the subject of Toontown -- heck, one of the first things I noticed when Mint Crocodile posted some 2013 DLR holiday photos on the mintcrocodile site (and this was before I was at DLR on 11/15) was that Roger Rabbit was positioned differently in the wreath above Car Toon Spin! In the past Roger has been turned to the side. This year he is facing forward/straight ahead. Do I think that too many other people noticed the same thing? Probably not.

Whenever we get to Toontown Theme Week in the Theme Week Countdown each year, I am always surprised at the number of folks who say they never noticed certain things in Toontown, or that they never even go back to Toontown! Liza is one of them -- she said that she never really goes back there. I'm always excited to get to Toontown Theme Week because I know that at least a couple of us will have photos to share...but Toontown seems to yield one of the lowest turnouts for photo contributions in the Theme Week Countdowns (often with the fewest participants), especially this year. People are just not paying enough attention to the holiday decorations in that land, and they are missing one of the best areas for themed, whimsical holiday details!

So I think that when we do get a lot of solo time to kind of roam free and find interesting photo subjects around DLR, we tend to be more impressed or unimpressed with even subtle changes to things, whereas other folks who don't get that time won't notice much of a difference or care.

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in being indifferent to the underwhelming snowflake motif above the turnstiles! I remember a comment someone else made about those snowflakes a couple of years ago -- she said that the snowflakes have no connection to any of the decor inside DL, unlike the character pumpkins, which are connected to the giant Mickey pumpkin in Town Square, and then the pumpkins along Main Street. There is a certain continuity there.

The snowflakes. however, are not continued in anything else or in any other decorations along Main Street -- not that I want that to happen -- so they seem detached from all of the other wonderful decor. The fact that Frozen is out this year and there's a snow-covered meet & greet spot for it in FL is just convenient timing...but as we all know, those pesky snowflakes above the turnstiles were there way before Frozen ever existed.

I'm going to meet Kim/kmedina in 3 days, at DCA! She'll be on her way out as I'm on my way in, but at least we'll meet.
Thank you Sherry.

I knew that you would giggle about the ugly plastic trees at Toontown. It's been three years since DL added those trees from the MK during the Holiday season. You are absolutely correct if we don't pay close attention to the littlest details of the decorations, we would not talk about the trees at Toontown right now.

When we go during the Halloween or Christmas seasons, we always like to go around and see what is new or what is taken out which sometimes makes no sense. It is so fun to take photos of the decorations around the resort to see what is new and isn't there.

I have got the inspiration from you before I have done a lot of solo times at the parks to look at all the little details. I could have spent hours and hours in the resort to look for any decorations during the November trip. But I had to be with my group so we can enjoy it as well. For my upcoming December trip, I won't have that since the parks will be very busy and my party members are coming to the park for the first time. I will have to remember to stop at City Hall to get them First Time Visit buttons. Roger Rabbit is in a different position this year from the previous years. So it wasn't me when I looked at RRCTS that he was in a different angle.

There is something to look forward to when going to Toontown during the Holiday season with the decorations on the buildings. More people should sped some time to go to Toontown to see the decorations where there are even more over in that area than at certain lands that have holiday decorations.

You are correct about that when people (like us) get solo time at the parks and look at the littlest details of the decorations. We do get impressed or unimpressed with the changes to the decorations overtime.

The snowflakes on the turnstiles are okay and it will be nice if they change it with something else like the giant character pumpkins during the Halloween season. The snowflakes have been on top of the turnstiles for years way before Frozen came out.

That is great that you will be able to have a DISMeet with Kim during the trip. You have a great time during the trip and I can't wait to see your pictures.

The next post will be up shortly.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #3260
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – November 22nd, 2013 – Part 6

Day 1 – November 22nd, 2013 – Part 6

On the last update, I was in Disneyland looking at all the different Holiday decorations. I just finished looking at Jingle Jangle Jamboree. Then I head on over towards the new Frozen Meet & Greet area which is new since the movie Frozen just came out last week. I head on over to It’s a Small World Plaza to see all the different wreaths down the path to IASWH. Now I am in Mickey’s Toontown to look at all the different Holiday decorations. Let’s get back to the trip report.

After looking at the ugly plastic Christmas trees at Mickey and Minnie’s house, I walked around to look for any holiday decorations. Mostly I never stay at Toontown this late during the day which is getting darker and the lights are already on. It is nice to see Toontown during the nighttime with the holiday decorations. It wasn’t that busy at Toontown at that time when I was taking pictures.

The next decorations was on Donald Duck boat “The Miss Daisy” which has garlands and ribbons.

Don’t forget the wreath on the buoy.

Over at Goofy’s house was all decorated with Christmas lights, garlands, and wreaths.

After looking at most of the Holiday decorations at Mickey’s Toontown, it was time for me to head on back to BWAI to meet up with my DA so we can meet up with our other party members that night. So I walked on out of DL.

While I was walking on out, the park started to get a little busier that night with more and more people in the park. It stopped sprinkling that night and I would have guessed that when it rained in the afternoon that day before we got to Anaheim, most of the guests were not in the park.

When I passed by Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle, I do enjoy seeing it at night with the Christmas decorations all light up at night. So I stopped by for a few pictures while I was in the area.

By Partners statue

Now I was walking on out of the park and it started to get a little busy

Some people on MS were sitting on the curb to see the 5:30pm “A Christmas Fantasy” parade. So it won’t be too long until it was time for the 5:30pm parade.

I took a few pictures of the window displays on MS while I was walking down since there was no light and it was easy to take pictures.

A look at the MS Town Square Christmas tree with the light on which looks great.

Before I left DL and head on back to BWAI, I stopped at the Disney Showcase store which is right across the street from the Emporium on MS which has a lot of Christmas merchandise from the shirts, ornaments, hats, etc. that has to do with the Christmas season.

It is always fun to go inside this store to see the holiday merchandise and see what is new. There were a few new items this year which they haven’t had in the past years.

This was the first time seeing a Olaf Animated Glow along with a flashing lighted scarf.

After looking at the merchandise at the Disney Showcase store, I head on out of DL and back to BWAI to meet up with my DA. The park was starting to get more and more guests in the park and it was a good time for me to leave and come back later that night with my DA.

I left before the 5:30pm “A Christmas Fantasy” parade which starts at MS Town Square during the 2nd parade of the day. When I got back to the room, my DA was all cozy in the room and was ready to go with me to the parks that night and meet up with our other party members.

For people that have read my past trip reports in the past, that my DA and I go during the Holiday season together and with no one else. We like to go together where the resort is all decorated during the Holiday season. This time we are enjoying with her work colleague, daughter and granddaughter. They were staying at the GCH which originally they were supposed to stay with us at BWAI. They changed their plans at the last second to stay at the GCH over BWAI. We had no problem with it and it made a big difference where we could take advantage of Extra Magic Hours when they are staying on-site.

When I got back, I got my backpack with the lens and I also brought my new tripod a MeFoto Roadtrip tripod which I bought in October. I bought this tripod because of it is portable and easy to carry when I am walking around the park. It is a lot heavier than the other tripods I have used in the past but I didn’t mind it at all when it is smaller to maneuver when in the park. I got to thank PiO (PrincessInOz) about the tripod. She has a Roadtrip when I was with her during the September trip and saw that it was small to fold up and still tall enough to use. She got the idea of getting the Roadtrip tripod from Tom Bricker. For the price and size it is worth every penny. I also bought a Manfrotto 496RC2 head for the Roadtrip since I wasn’t that comfortable using the Roadtrip head. The Manfrotto head makes a big difference when I am able to put the camera on the tripod.

I have bought a lot of new toys ever since the September trip from a new MeFoto Roadtrip tripod, Manfrotto 496RC2 head, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens, filters for the lens to enhance the pictures, and a Nikon D7100 body that I got a gift from my family. For the price they were all worth it.

Just before we left, I thought about bringing a blanket for the fireworks that night. But after seeing the weather and experiencing that it was kind of windy that day and the fireworks being canceled due to high winds, I decided to leave blanket behind. If the fireworks still were playing that night, we could watch it at IASW Plaza where I wanted to see it when we can't get a front row spot in front of SB Winter Castle. We also thought about using the AP WoC FP's that my DA and I got that afternoon but since we were with other people and have the opportunity to see it another night, we decided to hold off unless our party members decided to go back to the room that night.

We were all ready to leave the hotel and head on over back to the DLR to meet up with our other party. That will be it for this post and stay tune for the next update when we meet up with our other party members that night.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #3261
PrincessInOz
in

Beautiful! Love the night pictures of the castle and around MS. I'm ignoring the lovely merchandise that I cannot buy.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 12-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #3262
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Beautiful! Love the night pictures of the castle and around MS. I'm ignoring the lovely merchandise that I cannot buy.
Thank you PiO. Seeing Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle at night is amazing.

The next post will be up shortly.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #3263
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – November 22nd, 2013 – Part 7

Day 1 – November 22nd, 2013 – Part 7

On the last update, I was in Disneyland looking at all the different Holiday decorations. I just finished looking around Mickey’s Toontown with all the different Holiday decorations. Now I just left DL to head on back to Best Western Anaheim Inn to meet up with my DA so we can go back to the park that night to meet up with our other party members.

When I got my bags all packed up, my DA and I head on straight back to the DLR. We plan on meeting up with my DA colleague and her family. They were at Disney California Adventure for most of the day when they got to SoCal. They left Sacramento around the same time as we did that Friday morning at 6am and they were there before us since we stopped at Alison’s house to drop off some crab.

I have met my DA colleague (DGM) before the trip and this was going to be an excited trip for her daughter (DM), her granddaughter (DD2) and herself. They have been to the DLR in the past and they were there recently in August. This will be their first time visiting the DLR during the Holiday season. They are huge Disney fans and glad that we were able to join with them during the trip.

When my DA and I got to the Esplanade, we called them to see where they were and they were still in DCA. We told them to meet us at DL right in front of the Main Street Railroad station. We waited for a while until they arrived from DCA. The turnstiles to enter DL was quite busy when we entered DL.

It was almost 6pm when we were in the park and we waited until they arrived.

It took DGM, DM and DD2 awhile to enter DL when they had to wait to go through the turnstiles. Ever since the DLR added the extra CM’s to scan the tickets to make sure the ticket belongs to that person in January, it takes even longer to go through the turnstiles. Luckily for my DA and I that we don’t have to show them our tickets since our pictures are already in the AP system.

When we finally were able to meet up with everyone, we talked to each other about the day and what we have all done. They were at DCA for most of the day going on a few rides like the Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc. They are really excited to be in DL and to be with us that night.

Now we started to walk down MS to do some activities. The 5:30pm “A Christmas Fantasy” parade was over so we didn’t have to worry about the crowds. It wasn’t that busy on MS since the parade was already over.

When we were walking down, DGM, DM and DD2 got a few pictures right at the Christmas tree at Town Square. They bought one of those PhotoPass+ packages so they are able to get as many pictures during the trip with the CM photographers around the DLR. During the trip, it was well worth purchasing the PhotoPass+ package since they did took a lot of pictures around the DLR from the character meet & greet, scenic shots, etc. I have done PhotoPass in the past but not PhotoPass+. I might consider it one day but as long as I have a DSLR, I won’t do the PhotoPass+ package.

We walked down MS and it was not that bad as I have thought after the parade.

Over at Main Street Hub and in front of Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle, DM wanted to get a picture together in front of the castle. I told them that I will be able to get a picture of all of them including my DA. My DA doesn’t like to get in pictures that much but she did it for them.

When I looked at my itinerary closely, we planned on watching one of the two shows of Wintertime Enchantment Holiday Lighting in front of Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle. But it doesn’t start until 7:30pm and it was awhile until then.

We were all starting to get hungry that night so we talked about what place to have dinner. The choice that DGM & DM wanted to eat was to get Clam Chowder in the bread bowl. The place that has them is at the Royal Street Veranda at New Orleans Square or Harbour Galley at the edge of Critter Country. We decided to go to Royal Street Veranda since it was a good opportunity for me to get the Steak Gumbo while my DA could get the Vegetarian Gumbo.

We head straight on over to NOS. But before we got to NOS, we went through Adventureland to see how long the line for Jingle Cruise was at and it was at 40 minutes just to get on the ride. Talk about a long line to get on the ride. Also when we were walking, I have seen a lot of guests with mini posters of the Jingle Cruise. I was wondering why there were a lot of people that had those posters and my DA guessed that they bought them at one of the stores in the park. That was my first impression of the posters but later during the trip that they were exclusive and handed out on Friday and Saturday during the trip.

We all head on over to NOS and we went straight to get in line at the Royal Street Veranda. Unfortunately, the line was a little long and they all wanted to eat there. So while they were in the line, I went around to get some pictures of NOS with the Holiday decorations. It was going to take some time to go through the line at Royal Street Veranda and I will save money with my AP since I get 15% off with the Premium AP.

When I saw that there was no more wreath above the alley of NOS, I was a little sad that it was gone and replaced with a giant gold Mardi Gras mask. It does match the theme really well for NOS during the Holiday season but it just felt so different of not seeing the wreath.

I went down the alley not too far since I had to go back and meet up with everyone at the Royal Street Veranda. When I looked at the decorations on the alley of NOS, most of it was the same from the last couple of years. Even though there were some strings of lights over the alley, it is not the same when I don’t see the light canopy over NOS.

There were a lot of people trying to get into the Blue Bayou for dinner that it was hard to walk around the alley around that area.

There was some construction wall around the exit of Pirates of the Caribbean. I would have guessed that there was some external work on the buildings during the trip.

Before I head on back to meet up with my group, I stopped at the LeBat en Rouge store which is the store that sells the Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise had its holiday decorations up in the store as well as some other Holiday merchandise.

Santa Jack Skellington doll

The wreaths inside the store

After looking quickly around NOS, they were almost at the counter so I head on over there so we can save some money at the Royal Street Veranda. DGM, DM and DD2 got Clam Chowder while my DA got the Vegetarian Gumbo and I had the Steak Gumbo. It took about 10 minutes to get the food at the RSV. That was way longer then I have thought.

We got one of the tables right next to the restaurant. While we started to eat, I forgot to get pictures of the food. I was able to get a picture of my gumbo that night.

After we finished eating at RSV, we started to go on to our next ride. They wanted to go on this ride when we got to DL that night. DGM and DM loved this ride. While we were in NOS, they wanted to ride Pirates of the Caribbean. It was a walk-on that night with only a 5 minute wait so we head on over to ride PotC.

This was a great opportunity to be able to use the new body and lens. It was a good test to see how my pictures turned out on the ride. So I used my camera instead of videotaping it. When I looked at the pictures after the ride, I didn’t get a lot of great pictures since most of them were blurry or too dark to see. I set the settings where the pictures are what I see when I was riding PotC with low light.

A look at Blue Bayou

A little blurry in the treasure room scene

Captain Jack Sparrow

During the ride, DD2 was a little scared of the ride. DM was a little surprised that DD2 was scared during the ride where she wasn’t scared when they rode Monsters Inc. at DCA. For me, the pictures didn’t turn out that well since I was playing with the settings on the camera and most of the pictures didn’t turn out that well since I have shown a few pictures. Some of them turned out fine while most of them didn’t turn out that well. It was my first time using the D7100 body on the dark ride for the first time where I have used the D5100 a lot these last few years. It did took me awhile to get used to the D7100.

That’s it for this post and we’ll find out what happens later that night at DL.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #3264
PrincessInOz
in

I love the pictures of the lights at the entrance, MS, NOS and the castle.

The pictures you posted of PotC were pretty good. I guess you get to head back and try different settings next time.

Nice looking gumbo in the breadcup.

I like the mask at NOS......if it were Mardi Gras time. But I do remember a nice Christmas wreath in that spot. I wonder why they changed it?

Old 12-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #3265
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love the pictures of the lights at the entrance, MS, NOS and the castle.

The pictures you posted of PotC were pretty good. I guess you get to head back and try different settings next time.

Nice looking gumbo in the breadcup.

I like the mask at NOS......if it were Mardi Gras time. But I do remember a nice Christmas wreath in that spot. I wonder why they changed it?
Thanks you PiO. Some of them were okay while some of them were not that good. If I do ride PotC during the upcoming trip, I will go with a different setting on the ride while the pictures turned out what you would see during the ride.

The Steak Gumbo in the breadbowl is very nice. Some people say that it looks like dog food in a bowl.

The Mardi Gras mask is nice but I would still prefer the Christmas wreath over NOS since I am so used to seeing it during the Holiday season. I wonder myself why they changed the wreath for the mask as well.

I have finally uploaded World of Color Winter Dreams 11/24/13 Full Show when I watched it on November 24, 2013 during the first show at 7:45pm. Some of you are wondering "7:45pm show?". With WoC Winter Dreams so popular, it was announced when we were in the park on Saturday and Sunday that DCA will be having three shows of WoC at 7:45pm for the first show which we got FP's on Sunday, 9:00pm and 10:15pm which is the two scheduled shows on the park hours calendar.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #3266
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post

I have finally uploaded World of Color Winter Dreams 11/24/13 Full Show when I watched it on November 24, 2013 during the first show at 7:45pm. Some of you are wondering "7:45pm show?". With WoC Winter Dreams so popular, it was announced when we were in the park on Saturday and Sunday that DCA will be having three shows of WoC at 7:45pm for the first show which we got FP's on Sunday, 9:00pm and 10:15pm which is the two scheduled shows on the park hours calendar.
I'm 5 minutes in. It's wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #3267
PrincessInOz
in

Bret - What are they letting into the sky at the end of the show? Are they snowflake balloons???

I love that they finally decided to use more of the CA framework and that circle. Always thought it was such a waste to only focus the show around the fountains when there was all that backdrop they could've included. Glad to see it's finally happened.

Old 12-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #3268
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Can you tell me about sitting in the IASW area instead of Main St for fireworks?

Your photos are so incredible. If I wasn't going for even our measly two days, I'd be crying my eyes out. I love the buoy Christmas photo in Toontown. That's framable.

If my credit card doesn't catch fire from being so much during our trip, it'll be a miracle.

Bread bowls are on the list. I'm going to need a hollow leg for all of the calories I want to consume.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #3269
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm 5 minutes in. It's wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing.
Your welcome PiO. Glad that you are enjoying the new WoC Winter Dreams from my favorite spot in the blue section.

Quote:
Bret - What are they letting into the sky at the end of the show? Are they snowflake balloons???

I love that they finally decided to use more of the CA framework and that circle. Always thought it was such a waste to only focus the show around the fountains when there was all that backdrop they could've included. Glad to see it's finally happened.
They are some type of snowflake balloons when they are released before the end of the show. The snowflake balloons come out of the Christmas presents around the viewing area and that's why the presents are around the Paradise Pier viewing area.

It is nice that WoC Winter Dreams is using Screamin frame as well as MFW to be part of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Can you tell me about sitting in the IASW area instead of Main St for fireworks?

Your photos are so incredible. If I wasn't going for even our measly two days, I'd be crying my eyes out. I love the buoy Christmas photo in Toontown. That's framable.

If my credit card doesn't catch fire from being so much during our trip, it'll be a miracle.

Bread bowls are on the list. I'm going to need a hollow leg for all of the calories I want to consume.
Watching the fireworks in IASW Plaza is a very nice area where you won't have to spend a lot of time staking out like Main Street. I don't have much experience watching the fireworks from IASW Plaza but my group tried to watch the fireworks from that area but it didn't happen since Believe...In Holiday Magic was cancelled on Friday during my trip. As for watching in that area, it is less wait time than watching it in front of Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle. You can get a great spot with about 10 to 15 minutes before the fireworks. The best thing about watching the fireworks in front of IASWH facade is that IASWH will have video images that will interact with the fireworks. That is very neat that video images will be on IASWH when Believe...In Holiday Magic if playing. IASW Plaza will snow after Believe...In Holiday Magic fireworks is over so you will be able to experience the snow after the fireworks.

As for getting a sitting spot, here is a picture as you can see from the right on the picture and you can see the railing that there are some areas where you can sit down and wait for the fireworks.

Hope this helps you.

Thank you Jenny. Donald Duck's buoy is very nice to see every time I am in Toontown.

There is a lot of interesting things to buy during the Holiday season. It will be nice to hear what you plan on buying during the trip.

The steak gumbo at Royal Street Veranda is a nice place to have lunch or dinner on a cold night. You can always go to Boudin Bakery at DCA and get a whole bread and take it back.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #3270
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Great pictures and it's so nice how you get all over the park, I wish that we could come out there and spend time, but with the cold and Fran's mobility we'll be lucky to do the Jingle Cruise.

I love all the various lands and the different decorations. We'll have to try and get out there and see some of them!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: