Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #3211
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

Brett, enjoying your pics... I leave on Tuesday.

--Lori
kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #3212
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I am looking forward to the special screening and ornament for WoC Winter Dreams. The only pass holder magic available during our last trip was a special Thor exhibit and/or screening. We got there relatively early, but they were out of passes. Glad you got the ornament even though you are seeing the show a different night.

I just booked the Holiday Tour to ensure we get to ride the Holiday themed rides. That is the only way Crap will allow us to wait for a parade too, so I am excited about that. The weekend was sold our, so we are touring on Xander's actual birthday.

I want to go ice skating in DtD. It looks cool.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #3213
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Stunning pictures.....i love the castle photo but I think my favorite was the oh-so-very clear (and almost edible) picture of the snacks I'm already trying to add up in my head how much money I'm going to need for snacks and souvenirs!

I think that Winter Village area looks like a fun place to spend some time. I cannot ice skate so I'll have to settle for some snacks and hot cocoa!

I only have 2 more work days and in exactly 4 days we'll be in the air, on our way to California! I'm about to bust from excitement and don't know how my co-workers are going to be able to handle me for the next 48 hours!

I look forward to the rest of your trip report....very curious about your Frozen ornament I think that will make a nice momento of WoC!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #3214
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I'm trying to get in the holiday spirit so I'm using your castle pic for the desktop pic. You're pics are getting me excited for next year.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #3215
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I hope you made it home safe and had a great trip!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #3216
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Your photos are incredible. You're very talented.

Bugsland is even cuter during the holidays.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #3217
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Lovely pics.....and it looks like you're getting a freebie ornament.
Thank you PiO. My DA and I were able to get the World of Color: Winter Dreams! ornament on Friday. I thought that we wouldnít be able to get one of those ornaments on Friday since we came later that day. Luckily we got two of them. Unfortunately, we didnít see WoC on Friday since we were with our group hoping to watch ďBelieveÖIn Holiday MagicĒ fireworks that night but it was canceled due to bad weather. But we were able to watch the fireworks on Saturday night and got to see WoC: Winter Dreams! yesterday. I will have more from the trip when I have time to upload the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylie71 View Post
Brett, enjoying your pics... I leave on Tuesday.

--Lori
Thank you Lori. Hope you have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I am looking forward to the special screening and ornament for WoC Winter Dreams. The only pass holder magic available during our last trip was a special Thor exhibit and/or screening. We got there relatively early, but they were out of passes. Glad you got the ornament even though you are seeing the show a different night.

I just booked the Holiday Tour to ensure we get to ride the Holiday themed rides. That is the only way Crap will allow us to wait for a parade too, so I am excited about that. The weekend was sold our, so we are touring on Xander's actual birthday.

I want to go ice skating in DtD. It looks cool.
We were lucky to get the ornaments when we got to the park on Friday. My DA and I could have seen the show on Friday but we decided to stay with our group and enjoy DL that night. The show looked great on Sunday.

That is great news to hear that you and your family will be doing the Holiday tour at DL. You will love the tour.

The Olaf Frozen Ice Rink looks a little better than last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksromack View Post
Stunning pictures.....i love the castle photo but I think my favorite was the oh-so-very clear (and almost edible) picture of the snacks I'm already trying to add up in my head how much money I'm going to need for snacks and souvenirs!

I think that Winter Village area looks like a fun place to spend some time. I cannot ice skate so I'll have to settle for some snacks and hot cocoa!

I only have 2 more work days and in exactly 4 days we'll be in the air, on our way to California! I'm about to bust from excitement and don't know how my co-workers are going to be able to handle me for the next 48 hours!

I look forward to the rest of your trip report....very curious about your Frozen ornament I think that will make a nice momento of WoC!
Thank you Kathy. The treats and merchandise look very nice and with all the selections, there is a lot to choose from.

The Winter Village looks way better than last yearís. The ice rink looks nice this year with the addition of the DTD Christmas tree.

Hope you have a great time during the Holiday season.

I am uploading the photo of the ornament and it will be up on this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I'm trying to get in the holiday spirit so I'm using your castle pic for the desktop pic. You're pics are getting me excited for next year.
Thank you Angela. It was a magical trip for me and my DA. But it was also a magical trip with the other family that we spent our time together. Iím glad that you are enjoying my pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I hope you made it home safe and had a great trip!
Thank you Alison. Just got back home tonight and we had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Your photos are incredible. You're very talented.

Bugsland is even cuter during the holidays.
Thank you Jenny.

ABL entrance looks way better this year.

Here is the WoC Winter Dreams! ornament that we got on Friday.

mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:51 AM   #3218
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Nice ornament. Was blue the only colour it came in?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #3219
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! I hope you had a wonderful trip.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #3220
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I like the ornament too. Thanks for posting a picture. We are going on the last day, 12/06/13, so I just hope they have some left by then. I would have preferred red to match my tree, but I get why it is blue.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #3221
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Nice ornament. Was blue the only colour it came in?
It is a nice ornament with the World of Color Winter Dreams logo. When we got our ornaments, they were all blue. So I would guess that they are all the same color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great pictures! I hope you had a wonderful trip.
Thank you TK. We had a great trip and it won't be too long until I write up the trip report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I like the ornament too. Thanks for posting a picture. We are going on the last day, 12/06/13, so I just hope they have some left by then. I would have preferred red to match my tree, but I get why it is blue.
Your welcome Kim. I hope they do have the ornaments during your trip.

The first update will be up shortly.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #3222
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė November 22nd, 2013 Ė Part 1

Day 1 Ė November 22nd, 2013 Ė Part 1

Itís time for the first day of the 3rd Annual Holiday trip to Disneyland in November. My DA and I have been going to the DLR a lot and this is one of our favorite times to visit the DLR. This year is a little different from my past Holiday trips to the DLR. This year, my DA colleague from work along with her daughter and granddaughter are joining along with us for our trip. Mostly my DA and I have gone to the DLR on the first official weekend of the Holiday season. But this year we are going on the 2nd weekend of the Holiday season so we can be with them. We were excited to go with someone else during our Holiday trip but it was during one of the worse times to go in which it was during the Thanksgiving break. This will be a very interesting trip for my DA and me of seeing it a different way with another family and a young child. I had a fun trip back in early January with my other aunt, her best friend and her DD2 now DD3 where it was neat to experience DL with a child and more other people.

We will be driving separately down to SoCal. We plan on leaving around the same time in the morning so we can get to the parks in the afternoon. They will be staying at the Grand California Hotel while we are staying at Best Western Anaheim Inn. Originally we were all suppose to stay at the BWAI together but they wanted to stay at the GCH and it worked out really well for all of us.

There was a lot of planning for this trip with the crowds and what rides and shows we want to see. For me is all about the Holiday decorations around the DLR from the rides, shows, and buildings. I have been looking forward to the new World of Color Winter Dreams show. That is one of the many things that I was looking forward too during the trip. There was also a surprise during the trip in which we have never done before for all the times we have been to the DLR and have never done this specific thing. My DA and I have been so excited for a while and it was about to happen.

Before we head to SoCal for our trip, my family and my aunts gave me an early birthday and Christmas present. They knew that I have been doing a lot of picture taking from the Disney trips, to family events, wedding, etc. They bought me a Nikon D7100 body. I was so surprised that they bought me a Nikon D7100 body. I was so happy that they got me the D7100 as a birthday and Christmas gift. I told them that I will take care of it so much and take a lot of pictures during this trip and using it for other events. So I got a new body (Nikon D7100) along with a new lens (Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8) to use during the trip. This was going to be a fun trip to use both the new lens and body for the trip.

Now letís get to the trip report.

It was around 6am in the morning where I went over to my DA house and picked her up. Mostly we leave around 7am to SoCal from our past trips. But since we had to make a quick stop in SoCal, we started our trip one hour early.

When we packed all of our stuff in the car, we stared our journey down to SoCal. During the drive, we go down on Highway 99 since my grandmother lives in Livingston and it is always great to see her when we go down to SoCal.

It took about 6 hours to get to Southern California and the first thing we did when we got to SoCal was to fill up at Costco in Burbank. Than our next stop was at a DISer house to drop something off. Mostly my DA and I fill up at Costco in Burbank and go straight to the DLR. But we head on over to Alison (franandaj) house to drop off some Dungeness crab for her. I went out with my dad to Bodega Bay in which is close to San Francisco to catch Dungeness Crabs. Since it is during this season, the crab are all fresh and were caught on Thursday before the trip.

During my last trip in September, I got to hang out with Alison and PiO (PrincessInOz) at the DLR and had a great time with them. I have known Alison since we met at the D23 Expo in 2011 and I met her again at the 2013 D23 Expo.

After we drop off the crab at her house, my DA and I head straight to Anaheim which is about 30 minutes away from Alisonís house.

My DA and I got to Anaheim around 2pm which is quite fast after we left Alisonís house. I forgot to tell my DA that BWAI was remodeling the lobby of the hotel. The lobby at the BWAI was in one of the rooms. Part of the first building at BWAI was in construction. It reminded me of Best Western Park Place Inn which had a refurbishment awhile ago. Now it was BWAI turn for a refurbishment.

When we try to check-in, our room wasnít ready. So my DA and I went on over to the DLR to do some things before we checked into or room. Our other party members should be in Anaheim around the same time. But we will join up with them when they are in the parks that day.

When we got to the Esplanade, it was wet that afternoon. It didnít rain at the time when we got to the DLR but we knew that it can rain still that day where it did once in a while sprinkled.

The park didnít look that busy at the Esplanade

My DA had to go to the ticket booths to get the annual pass. This was the second time she got the AP at DLR. Her last one was back in 2011 and she didnít renew it in 2012 since she didnít go as many times that year. This time she got it since we plan on coming back to the DLR in November 2014 in which she will get a few more days out of her AP for next year. She got the Deluxe Annual Pass.

After she got her AP, we had a while until our room was ready. So while we were at the DLR, we decided to stop in one of the parks until we head on back to check-in to our room at the BWAI.

We went on over to Disney California Adventure first. It is so neat to see Buena Vista Street with the Holiday decorations after last year where it was the first year. This year is the 2nd year for the Holiday decorations at BVS. When we went through the turnstiles, the first thing I remembered when we entered the park that World of Color Winter Dreams was having an AP screening for the AP holders at the 9pm show. It was neat that Disney was doing a limited time Annual passholder magic event on the day when we got to the DLR. It was a good opportunity for my DA and I to see WoC Winter Dreams that night.

This is the third year with the new entrance to DCA along with the Holiday decorations.

Special Annual Passholder Viewing Event for World of Color Winter Dreams sign.

When we were walking on over to Grizzly River Run to get the FP for WoC Winter Dreams, I always like to get pictures of the Holiday decorations at BVS.

After getting some pictures at BVS, we head on over to GRR to get FPís for WoC Winter Dreams. There were two different lines to get FPís for WoC from the regular line for the 10:15pm show and the AP line for the 9pm show.Luckily, there were still FPís available for the 9pm show of WoC Winter Dreams for the AP holders. When we got our FPís, the CMís handed out a WoC Winter Dreams/Frozen Christmas ornament. I canít believe we were able to get the WoC/Frozen ornaments that late during the day of the trip. We got the yellow section for the 9pm show and we will decide later that day if we want to use the FPís to see WoC.

Originally we were all suppose to watch BelieveÖIn Holiday Magic fireworks that Friday night but when I checked the weather that it was going to be high winds and likely that Believe will be canceled due to the weather, watching WoC was a backup for us that night.

Now that we got the FPís and the ornaments, we had still had some time to do something at DCA before we head on back to BWAI to check-in to our room. We were close to Paradise Pier and the Viva Navidad event was in the area and it was a good opportunity to see it. The Viva Navidad event was at the dining area at PP right by the Paradise Garden Grill and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta restaurant.

It is a new event during the Holiday season and I have heard great reviews about the newest event at DCA. It was a good opportunity to see it while we are in DCA that afternoon.

Rushiní River store is decorated during the Holiday season

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail

When we passed by the Little Mermaid: Arielís Undersea Adventure, there were rents right by the walkway in Paradise Pier. The radio groups were back in DCA during this weekend. Last year when Cars Land and Buena Vista Street were new, they were located in Hollywood Land. A couple of years ago they were in DL Hub area. This year they are in Paradise Pier. I would guess they are here to promote the new World of Color Winter Dreams along with Viva Navidad.

The Holiday garlands are back on the Little Mermiad ride

When we head on over to the Viva Navidad event, there was nothing going on around that time. So we just walked around to see the decorations and stations. It looked well decorated

The Viva Navidad merchandise.

Thatís it for this post and I will have more from DCA.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #3223
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Fantastic!!! New body as well?? I'm so happy for you.

That's really awesome. Your family really did well with the early present. And happy birthday! I didn't realise your birthday was this time of year.

If this lot is anything to go by, I reckon we've got some beautiful pics coming along.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #3224
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Congrats on the new camera, I'm sure you'll get some fantastic pics with it.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012

Last edited by ACDSNY; 11-28-2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Correcting the terrible typing when I'm tired.
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #3225
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

How fantastic that they got you a Nikon body for your birthday/Christmas present. That is a fantastic gift. It was nice of you to being crab to Fran and Alison. Did you stop by the new place? I know they have not moved in yet.

It is cool that you were able to get an ornament so late in the day. Our first park day will be the last day of the event, so I am not taking any chances. The long line at 9am will have me in it. What is this Viva Navidad? You have my interest peaked, so I hope you got to experience more of it.

The park looks beautiful. I am do excited. Eight more days!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: