Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #3196
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Bret --

I was at DLR today. I just posted some of my observations in the Superthread. I specifically thought of you because we both always look out for decorations that have gone missing or decorations that have suddenly appeared. This year there is a bit of both -- decorations that have disappeared and decorations that have suddenly appeared! I think you'll have fun going around and discovering what's new and what's gone.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #3197
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Glad you got into the concert. It stinks waiting for two hours just to get nosebleed seats but the $1500 Sorcerers Package seems a little steep. I love all the loot you scooped up. At $700, you were almost half way to that Sorcerers Package. You have a lot to show for it though. Your next trip sounds awesome. Glad you will have EMH.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #3198
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Were just 3 days away till the Holiday trip and I am getting more and more excited by the days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Take lots of pictures! And just have fun with the new lens. Your photography is really good; so just enjoy!

I think I might know what the surprise is. If it is what I think it is (and what we talked about), have a great time. I can wait to be surprised.
I will PiO. There will also be a surprise during the trip which my DA and I are so excited. This will be one of the best Holiday trips to the DLR. Can't wait to leave in a few of days.

Hopefully "The View" television set in front of SBWC is not there during my trip on Friday since we are planning on watching "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks that night. This will change the plans a lot if it is in front of the castle and i might have to go with the backup plan to see the fireworks. The backup plan will be watching the fireworks in front of IASWH facade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
You're putting your AP to good use this year. Your upcoming trip sounds great, I'm sure you'll have a awesome time. I agree this is the best time of year to visit DL, I love the holiday decoration.
I have been getting a lot out of my AP this year and hope to do more later on in 2014. This should be a fun trip. Luckily my DA and I didn't go this past weekend to the DLR with "The View" television set in front of Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle which is blocking the castle and guests can't go through it. It is disappointing that Disney is letting that show stage blocking the castle when the Holiday season just started. Hopefully it won't be up till my upcoming trip. It is amazing to go to the DLR during the Holidays. I did enjoy going to WDW during the Holiday season but my first choice will always be the DLR over WDW during the Holiday season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Bret --

I was at DLR today. I just posted some of my observations in the Superthread. I specifically thought of you because we both always look out for decorations that have gone missing or decorations that have suddenly appeared. This year there is a bit of both -- decorations that have disappeared and decorations that have suddenly appeared! I think you'll have fun going around and discovering what's new and what's gone.
Thank you for the pictures and the details of your one day trip to the DLR during the Holiday season. If I didn't move my trip back one week, I would had the opportunity to meet you in person. I'm glad that you had a great time and seeing the decorations, merchandise and treats. It is fun to look around the parks to see what is missing or something new to appear during the Holiday season. I will be looking forward to going around the DLR to see all the decorations, merchandise and treats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Glad you got into the concert. It stinks waiting for two hours just to get nosebleed seats but the $1500 Sorcerers Package seems a little steep. I love all the loot you scooped up. At $700, you were almost half way to that Sorcerers Package. You have a lot to show for it though. Your next trip sounds awesome. Glad you will have EMH.
Thank you Kim. The Richard Sherman/Alan Menken concert was great. It would have been better if we didn't had to wait 2 hours to get nosebleed seats but we were lucky to get in since the line was so long when we got out of the Legends Ceremony. $1500 for the Sorcerer package is a lot and it can be worth it if you don't want to wait in those long lines for the seminars. Alison convinced me and my DA to consider it when the tickets go on sale next year.

I can't wait to leave in a few days. We will go it by ears and see what we are going to do. Luckily my DA colleague is staying at the GCH and we can take advantage of the EMH at DL and DCA. It only depends if they can get up early to do the EMH. I talked to them and they will try to go to bed early so we can take advantage of EMH.

Hope you and your family have a great time next month.
mvf-m11c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #3199
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Just 3 days! Can't wait to see your photos. Have a great time.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #3200
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Were just 3 days away till the Holiday trip and I am getting more and more excited by the days.

Hopefully "The View" television set in front of SBWC is not there during my trip on Friday since we are planning on watching "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks that night. This will change the plans a lot if it is in front of the castle and i might have to go with the backup plan to see the fireworks. The backup plan will be watching the fireworks in front of IASWH facade.
The final countdown is on.

Is The View there every year? I'm thinking about going next year 11/16 - 11/20 as my DS cannot take off any time after those days in Nov/Dec.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #3201
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Not long now.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #3202
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Just 3 days! Can't wait to see your photos. Have a great time.
Thank you Jenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
The final countdown is on.

Is The View there every year? I'm thinking about going next year 11/16 - 11/20 as my DS cannot take off any time after those days in Nov/Dec.
Just 1 day to go and I can't wait to leave tomorrow morning.

I believe this is the first year "The View" television show is at DL. I have never seen or heard that it was set up at DL during the month of November. Hopefully the stage won't be up during my trip in which it will change my plans during the trip. Hopefully you and your family will be able to go next year during the Holiday season.

Quote:
Not long now.
One day to go!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #3203
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Old 11-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #3204
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Bret --

If you happen to check in to the Superthread at any point during your trip, and if you have time to find out, can you let me/us know if by any chance the Dreyer's peppermint ice cream (the pink stuff, not the regular green mint) has suddenly popped up at either Gibson Girl or Clarabelle's in DCA?

As you know from my recap of last Friday, a CM at Clarabelle's told me with certainty that they do not have the peppermint ice cream this year, because Dreyer's wouldn't send them the right size container. The ice cream was also not at Gibson Girl. However, rumors trickled in that people have supposedly seen the ice cream at Clarabelle's -- just a day or two after I was there. Someone posted a photo of the ice cream from the BTR BBQ, so I am wondering if it is only available at some places in DLR this year and not others.

I need to get to the bottom of this mystery once and for all!

Have a great trip!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 11-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #3205
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

A quick update from the trip. We got here safely on Friday afternoon and we got to go to DL and DCA to see the decorations. We were able to see the Olaf atthe meet and greet atthe former tangled meet and greet area at FL. Got to see JJJ which is a little different then from last year.

We got to go in the GCH to see the Christmas tree which is nice. We also went to the DLH and saw at the lobby at gingerbread castle. I will have more from the trip report. But you can see some of my pictures from this trip by clicking on my flickr link below.

Here are some of them from the trip. I will catch you later during the trip report.

Olaf

Gingerbread Casle

GCH Christmas tree
Old 11-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #3206
PrincessInOz
in

Love the photos, Bret.

Glad you got there safe and sound. Have a great time.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 11-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #3207
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Bret --

I was delighted to see your picture of that cute display at the DLH! You know that I am a seasoned DLR holiday visitor, but you showed me a holiday decoration I have never seen before! I think that the gingerbread castle display in the DLH is new this year. It was not there in 2010 or in 2011, and I am pretty sure it was not there last year either. Honestly, the DLH needs something extra in the lobby because the ceilings are not high enough to accommodate a towering tree like the ones at the GCH and the PPH. So I'm glad they put up that display.

I don't know if you'll be able to sneak away and run across the street to the PPH, but I'm hearing that the tree in the PPH lobby has some different ornaments on it this year and I am curious to see what those are all about. I hope the decorators did not change it too much. It was so pretty in previous years.

How about the giant gold mask hanging above New Orleans Square? What do you think of it? I don't think I really like it very much, even though it fits in with the theme of all of the other masks in NOS.

I have a feeling I can guess your "surprise" on this trip. I have no evidence or facts...just a hunch!

Old 11-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #3208
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Nice hearing from you, Bret. Looks like you are having a great time. Love the photos. Super excited to be following you in 11 days now!
Old 11-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #3209
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the photos, Bret.

Glad you got there safe and sound. Have a great time.
Thank you PiO. We are having a great time and now we are resting so we can watch "A Christmas Fantasy" parade and World of Color: Winter Dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Bret --

I was delighted to see your picture of that cute display at the DLH! You know that I am a seasoned DLR holiday visitor, but you showed me a holiday decoration I have never seen before! I think that the gingerbread castle display in the DLH is new this year. It was not there in 2010 or in 2011, and I am pretty sure it was not there last year either. Honestly, the DLH needs something extra in the lobby because the ceilings are not high enough to accommodate a towering tree like the ones at the GCH and the PPH. So I'm glad they put up that display.

I don't know if you'll be able to sneak away and run across the street to the PPH, but I'm hearing that the tree in the PPH lobby has some different ornaments on it this year and I am curious to see what those are all about. I hope the decorators did not change it too much. It was so pretty in previous years.

How about the giant gold mask hanging above New Orleans Square? What do you think of it? I don't think I really like it very much, even though it fits in with the theme of all of the other masks in NOS.

I have a feeling I can guess your "surprise" on this trip. I have no evidence or facts...just a hunch!
Hi Sherry,

It was neat to see the gingerbread castle in the DLH lobby. Since I had some time to rome around the DTD, I thought it would be nice to go to the DLH to see any of the Christmas decorations. I believed you are correct that the gingerbread castle in the DLH lobby is new since I haven't seen any pictures of it from the last few years. It is a nice addition to the DLH when you enter the lobby.

I haven't gone to the PPH yet since I didn't have time yesterday to go on over to the PPH. I'll just wait to see your pictures or from someone else of the CHristmas tree at the PPH.

The giant gold mask above NOS is nice, but I don't like it that much which I am so used to seeing the wreath above NOS during the Holiday season. It does fit the theme with the other masks around NOS but just like you I don't like it that much.

You and everyone else will find out later when I get back from the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Nice hearing from you, Bret. Looks like you are having a great time. Love the photos. Super excited to be following you in 11 days now!
Hi Kim. We are having a great time and I am really looking forward to tonight since we will get to see WoC: Winter Dreams!. Thank you and glad that you enjoyed some of the pictures. I am getting excited for you and your family when you go in 11 days.

I am resting back in the room until we head back to the parks for the parade and fireworks. Here are more pictures from the trip.

Winter Village store

Jingle Cruise

New Christmas decorations to A Bug's Land

Jingle Jangle Jamboree

Olaf at the new meet and greet area

Sleeping Beauty Winter Castle

Viva Navidad entrance

Even though we didn't see WoC: Winter Dreams! during the AP preview on Friday, we were able to get tickets and a Christmas ornament that night.

I will post more later during the trip or when I get back tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #3210
PrincessInOz
in

Lovely pics.....and it looks like you're getting a freebie ornament.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: