Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #301
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I though of some really hard photo quests but felt it would be evil to challenge you with them on a short trip.

Since it's a short trip, how about the CS menu's. Then you can submit the prices to allears of wdwinfo?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #302
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I though of some really hard photo quests but felt it would be evil to challenge you with them on a short trip.

Since it's a short trip, how about the CS menu's. Then you can submit the prices to allears of wdwinfo?
If I don't feel like riding any rides at the DLR. I'm just going to be riding only about a few rides during my visit. I was planning on going on my usual rides (DLRR, monorail, BLAB, & MFW) that I do almost all the time when I am at the DLR. Even though I am going to miss part of Saturday since I am going to that Extravaganza at the LA Convention Center, I plan on seeing WoC that night. I just can't get tired of that show ever since the debut in June. I have seen WoC for all my trips that I went to DL last year. I can get a lot of the signs around the resort when I am walking down and don't go on too many rides.

What restaurant is CS? I know that is a restaurant but explain what the name of the restaurant is.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 01-02-2011 at 11:34 PM.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 11:22 PM   #303
amamax2
DIS Veteran

Bret,

Your photos of both castles are gorgeous!!! So clear and the color is stunning!

What will you be doing at the Anime Convention in Bakersfield? I agree with skiingfast - definitely worthwhile to see your friends at the LA event. Those things are always so much fun.

I'm about half-way done with a bathroom sign quest....it is a bit disappointing as some of the signs that I have seen posted on-line have been replaced with generic signs, but the others are pretty funny or interesting. Originally I was only taking ones of the women's bathroom (didn't think it was such a good idea to stand outside the men's and take pictures), but then my DH got into, so now he takes the mens and I take the womens.

I loved the ride vehicle one! I want to hear some of Matt's "evil" quest suggestions, lol. I'm always looking for a new one too.

amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #304
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
What restaurant is CS? I know that is a restaurant but explain what the name of the restaurant is.
CS=counter service, or QS=Quick Service, both compared to TS=Table Service.

Amamax2 when Bret or you have a longer trip just let me know. I want to see somone find a CM with the name of everyone in their party in each land. Of course it's easy to find a Matt, a Bret is a little hard, just depends on your names and of course you should be standing with the CM.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #305
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
CS=counter service, or QS=Quick Service, both compared to TS=Table Service.

Amamax2 when Bret or you have a longer trip just let me know. I want to see somone find a CM with the name of everyone in their party in each land. Of course it's easy to find a Matt, a Bret is a little hard, just depends on your names and of course you should be standing with the CM.
How stupid of me not knowing what CS means. I can do that and take pictures of the menus of the CS restaurants when I walk around the resort. But aren't the menu prices on wdwinfo are accurate just like allears?

The longest trip that I will do is when the D23 Expo is going on in August and my WDW trip in December. The August trip is 5 days while the December trip is 6 days. I would assume that you can find a Matt CM in the park, I remember that I have seen a CM with my name but I forgot which land he worked in. Maybe it was the DLRR, I don't know which one it was.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #306
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amamax2 View Post
Bret,

Your photos of both castles are gorgeous!!! So clear and the color is stunning!

What will you be doing at the Anime Convention in Bakersfield? I agree with skiingfast - definitely worthwhile to see your friends at the LA event. Those things are always so much fun.

I'm about half-way done with a bathroom sign quest....it is a bit disappointing as some of the signs that I have seen posted on-line have been replaced with generic signs, but the others are pretty funny or interesting. Originally I was only taking ones of the women's bathroom (didn't think it was such a good idea to stand outside the men's and take pictures), but then my DH got into, so now he takes the mens and I take the womens.

I loved the ride vehicle one! I want to hear some of Matt's "evil" quest suggestions, lol. I'm always looking for a new one too.
Thank you amamax2 for liking the castle pictures at DL and WDW.

I am working at a vendor stand selling Anime merchandise such as trading cards, stuff animals, books, etc. I was planning on seeing my friends at the LA Convention Center on Saturday, but I might not spend as much time at the Convention Center as I have thought. I just want to enjoy my time at DL and just say hi to them when I get to the convention center.

If I do the sign quest during my trip, I got to remember not to take photos of the woman's bathroom just like what you said on your pp. It would look weird for me to take pictures of the women bathroom signs. Can't wait to do the sign quest at the DLR.

The ride vehicle quest was not bad, but if you want to get all the picture of the ride vehicles you have to go on rides that you don't want to go o and wait in those long lines. It will be very interesting to see what Matt would suggest for another quest.

I got to be prepared when I go to Anaheim on Friday since I have heard that it is snowing up in the grapevine. So now I have to get my snow chains out and practice putting them on before I go on the grapevine. I'm hoping that I won't have to use the snow chains on my car when I go up the grapevine. But I might have to if I want to get to Anaheim.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #307
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
How stupid of me not knowing what CS means. I can do that and take pictures of the menus of the CS restaurants when I walk around the resort. But aren't the menu prices on wdwinfo are accurate just like allears?

The longest trip that I will do is when the D23 Expo is going on in August and my WDW trip in December. The August trip is 5 days while the December trip is 6 days. I would assume that you can find a Matt CM in the park, I remember that I have seen a CM with my name but I forgot which land he worked in. Maybe it was the DLRR, I don't know which one it was.
The menus on both sites can get old and Disney does raise prices. That's why it's nice when they get updated. A lot of people plan budgets really exact and it's important to them to get good infromation.

Well finding Matt's is easy. But Bret's would be tough. But there are a lot of CM's. Not just working ques and loading but in shops, CS locations, Like that used CS?, and doing crowd control, custodial it's thousands of people to find a handful of Brets in.

But during expo you might want to focus on other things.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #308
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
The ride vehicle quest was not bad, but if you want to get all the picture of the ride vehicles you have to go on rides that you don't want to go o and wait in those long lines. It will be very interesting to see what Matt would suggest for another quest.

I got to be prepared when I go to Anaheim on Friday since I have heard that it is snowing up in the grapevine. So now I have to get my snow chains out and practice putting them on before I go on the grapevine. I'm hoping that I won't have to use the snow chains on my car when I go up the grapevine. But I might have to if I want to get to Anaheim.
Drive safe, give extra distance between cars and lots of time to slow down.

So this would be really hard. The license plate of each autopia vehicle. It's much hard that the sub name, or JC boats, or even the ride vehicls in snow white or toad.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #309
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The menus on both sites can get old and Disney does raise prices. That's why it's nice when they get updated. A lot of people plan budgets really exact and it's important to them to get good infromation.

Well finding Matt's is easy. But Bret's would be tough. But there are a lot of CM's. Not just working ques and loading but in shops, CS locations, Like that used CS?, and doing crowd control, custodial it's thousands of people to find a handful of Brets in.

But during expo you might want to focus on other things.
I would agree with the same thing that I would want to know what the prices are at each restaurant at the DLR. But they can change when we get there and we planned already.

There are a lot of places around the resort where you can find a CM with the same name as you or me. I would bet there are CM with my name at the DLR but it would take time to look for that person.

During the Expo, I'm wait for the schedule dates during the Expo and I will plan on which event I want to see and attend. It was a pain of not doing all the live events during the D23 Expo with the opening with Bob Gurr, Legends ceremony, Johnny Depp, Parks and Resorts and John Lasseter interview. I'm barely will go to the parks and just concentrate the Expo more than going in.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #310
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Drive safe, give extra distance between cars and lots of time to slow down.

So this would be really hard. The license plate of each autopia vehicle. It's much hard that the sub name, or JC boats, or even the ride vehicls in snow white or toad.
I got to be really careful when I go up the grapevine even when it is not snowing. Thx for the concern. I got to drive extremely carefully when I go up the grapevine.

I would say that would be the hardest quest out of all since most of the ride vehicles will not be operating and in the sides. I thought the sub names are easier just like the DLRR names. I think that the Monorails are the easiest since you have to call it Mark VII Red, Blue & Orange. There are a lot of ride vehicles that have a name for each vehicle. BTMM & POTC have names for their vehicles.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #311
amamax2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That would be hard! My kids have somewhat unusual names/spellings, but I do like the idea. What's funny (or maybe just sad) is that I don't often notice the CMs names - but I do always look at where they are from.

Quote:
Ooh, another great idea! Each car would be hard and time consuming - I wonder how many cars they generally run at once? Yes, that is an "evil" one!! And you are right - that would need to be a long trip so you could devote the time.

But the sub names, JC boats, etc....that wouldn't be bad! That could be a multi-trip quest - one or two rides per time getting the names. Thanks Matt!

Our trips are always 2 - 3 days, but mid-week off season, so slower times. Some of these are definitely doable.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #312
amamax2
DIS Veteran

Bret,

Skiingfast's quest suggestions has my brain going now....I noticed on Sherry's TR a statue of Mickey and one of Minnie - I think from the DLH - but something like that could be another possible quest: statues. There's the obvious Partner's Statue and all the cute characters around there, but also ones like Mr. Toad in his ride. It wouldn't be things like the skunks on BTMRR.

Or CM costumes....or ride name fonts (I actually started taking some of those on our last trip)....

Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #313
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Bret,

Skiingfast's quest suggestions has my brain going now....I noticed on Sherry's TR a statue of Mickey and one of Minnie - I think from the DLH - but something like that could be another possible quest: statues. There's the obvious Partner's Statue and all the cute characters around there, but also ones like Mr. Toad in his ride. It wouldn't be things like the skunks on BTMRR.

Or CM costumes....or ride name fonts (I actually started taking some of those on our last trip)....
I read skiingfast's post from last night and his quest suggestions are very interesting. I have saw Sherry photos on her TR and shown two statues in the DLH. That would be another interesting quest to do and would be challenging to look for statues around the resort. All these quest suggestions are now making me thinking of what I should do. I was planning on doing the sign quest at the DLR and now I am thinking of doing a CM name search, statue, ride vehicle names, etc. This is getting crazy of what I should do.

R u talking about the ride signs letters?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #314
Funball
DIS Veteran

omg..

Quote:
Bret,

Quote:
I read skiingfast's post from last night and his quest suggestions are very interesting. I have saw Sherry photos on her TR and shown two statues in the DLH. That would be another interesting quest to do and would be challenging to look for statues around the resort. All these quest suggestions are now making me thinking of what I should do. I was planning on doing the sign quest at the DLR and now I am thinking of doing a CM name search, statue, ride vehicle names, etc. This is getting crazy of what I should do.

R u talking about the ride signs letters?

Ok guys.. seriously? All these quests for poor brett must be making his head spin!!

But brett, nice TR! Very well done!
Funball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #315
Funball
DIS Veteran

brett how many times do you go to DLR and WDW?

ok in one month how many times do you go to DLR?
Funball is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: