Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #3091
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great pics Bret.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #3092
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I love all of the really detailed, carved pumpkins of the characters they put out. Are those real pumpkins? If so, they must have to replace them often. I guess that is why they have artists on site making them. It must have been really cool to watch that. Watching art being made is so cool! The conjure a villain tent seems cool in theory. It would be a bummer to wait in what everyone claims is always a long line just to get in an see a character you're not interested in. I wish they had a schedule. If they did, the line would probably be shorter all the time (unless it was a really popular character).

The park is more decorated than I expected. I have heard a lot of people say it's scaled back a lot. It has been many years since I have been around that time. We have never been around then, since I was an adult. I do not remember much. Thanks for all the pictures. They are getting me do excited. How will I pick my treats with so many to choose from? They all look do good. What was the one you had? I have never heard of that before. Is it a drink?
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #3093
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Thanks for the link Brett! That area at the Festival Arena looks really neat. I didn't even know it was there. You always clue me in to great stuff going on that I never know about!
Your welcome Alison. There are a lot of interesting events at the Festival Arena behind Big Thunder Ranch. I have seen private events at the Festival Arena in the past and wonder what kind of things are happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Love the Halloween decorations pics Brett! Thanks for sharing them with us.
Thank you Angela. It is nice to see the Halloween decorations at DL but it still won't be better then the Holiday season at the DLR.

Quote:
Those sweet treats looked really good! I'm glad I didn't see them or I might have bought some of them and ate them! I need to lose weight since I'm leaving for F&W in a couple days!
The treats at DL look very good to get. I can't believe you are only a few days away till your trip to WDW and at the F&W Festival. I really want to go back one day to WDW during the F&W Festival after trying it last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
What a beautiful day for picture taking you had. They were all wonderful. The Halloween Carnival really looks like fun.

One of my favorite pumpkins was the one from "Up" where the guy was a child in his pilot hat and glasses.

The treat pictures made me hungry.

Someday I'll be back to DL for Halloween. Until then I'm glad you go and do such nice trip reports Bret!
Thank you TK. It was very clear and warm that day. It wasn't as hot as I have expected in September where it could be in the high 90s. I believe it was in the low 90s when I was in the park that afternoon taking pictures of the Halloween decorations. The Halloween Carnival is something where you can spend a lot of time in. Don't forget that the Festival Arena will have Jingle Jangle Jamboree with the Christmas activities during your trip. So I would try to squeeze in some time to do go to the Festival Arena.

The Disney character pumpkins were very neat and it was the start where there weren't that many on Saturday.

Thank you TK. I know that you will go back one day to the DLR during the Halloween season and you will enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Great pics Bret.
Thank you PiO. Nice to hear from you while you and your family are on the road during your trip in the U.S. Hope everything is going well for you and your DH and DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I love all of the really detailed, carved pumpkins of the characters they put out. Are those real pumpkins? If so, they must have to replace them often. I guess that is why they have artists on site making them. It must have been really cool to watch that. Watching art being made is so cool! The conjure a villain tent seems cool in theory. It would be a bummer to wait in what everyone claims is always a long line just to get in an see a character you're not interested in. I wish they had a schedule. If they did, the line would probably be shorter all the time (unless it was a really popular character).

The park is more decorated than I expected. I have heard a lot of people say it's scaled back a lot. It has been many years since I have been around that time. We have never been around then, since I was an adult. I do not remember much. Thanks for all the pictures. They are getting me do excited. How will I pick my treats with so many to choose from? They all look do good. What was the one you had? I have never heard of that before. Is it a drink?
The character pumpkins at the Halloween Carnival are real carved pumpkins by CM's. Some of them might last awhile while the carvers are working on new characters everyday. I didn't go back to the Halloween Carnival on the other days so I don't know what new Disney characters pumpkins were out. Conjure a Villain tent is a nice idea to have a character meet & greet place to see different characters that you don't see to often. But to wait in a long line that is close to the rides at the park didn't make any sense. I saw people sitting on the haystacks just to get int he tent to meet the characters. I wasn't willing to wait that long to get in the tent. There wasn't a schedule at the tent on which Disney Villain character was meeting the guests.

DCA is scaled back with decorations from the new Buena Vista Street. I barely seen any Halloween decorations in DCA this year where there is a giant candy corn at the former Sunshine Plaza now BVS. I have never been to DCA during the Halloween season before the DCA renovation plan that changed Sunshine Plaza into BVS. Sherry E knows about Candy Corn Acres back in the day and maybe she will reply about Candy Corn Acres at DCA. At first when I entered MS that the DLR has toned down the Halloween decorations in the windows with the pumpkins. But at night, you are able to see them through the windows. So at least they still have the pumpkins in the windows on MS at night. You and your family will have a great time during the Halloween season at the DLR. Don't forget to go on the HMH and you should stop at the Halloween Carnival to see the Disney character pumpkins, Disney Villains, etc. I'm glad that you are enjoying the pictures from my trip Kim. All the treats at the park look very good and I could easily find something to get. I got two different treats at the parks. The first one was I got a spiced apple cider drink at the Halloween Carnival. It is a warm apple cider drink which will be perfect to have in the morning or at night if you are cold. I got it in the afternoon which wasn't a good idea since I was warm that time. The other was the Minnie Pumpkin Demitasse which was a dessert that had chocolate cake on the bottom and the frosting was pumpkin and chocolate with a candy corn on top. They were very good but I would have not got the spiced apple cider drink in the afternoon.

The next updated post will be up shortly.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on June 23rd to 25th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #3094
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – September 14, 2013 – Part 4

I rested up at the Best Western Anaheim Inn which is on Harbor Blvd and one of the two hotels that I have stayed a lot while visiting the DLR. After all the driving from Sacramento to SoCal and helped my DB and his GF dropped some stuff at his GF brother place in Irvine, it was nice to rest up a little until it was time to head on back to the park later that night to watch Mickey and the Magical Map.

At 5:15pm, I head on out of the BWAI and with my tripod so I can videotape the 5:40pm show of MatMM and the 9:30pm RDCT fireworks that night.

When I got back to DL, I head on over to the Fantasyland Theater to watch Mickey and the Magical Map at 5:40pm. I just made it in time with 10 minutes to go until 5:40pm so I had time to set up my tripod with my video camera while I used my hands for taking pictures with my DSLR camera.

Here are pictures from MatMP during the 5:40pm show on Friday (these are not pictures from the DISmeet on Saturday the 15th with PiO, DH, DS, Alison and Fran).

Apprentice Sorcerer Mickey

The Great Sorcerer Yen Sid and Apprentice Sorcerer Mickey

Louie from the Jungle Book scene

Pocahontas

Mulan

Rapunzel

Sebastian from the Little Mermaid scene

Mickey and Yen Sid

Princess Tiana from the Princess and the Frog scene

After the show was over, I head on over to New Orleans Square to have dinner. I went on over to the Royal Street Veranda to have steak gumbo that night. I love to eat at the Royal Street Veranda to have gumbo.

Steak Gumbo that night

I took it with me to the Hub so I can get a good spot to watch the 9:30pm RDCT firework show. I have staked out in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle a lot so I can get the spot to watch the fireworks and take pictures as well as videotaping. This time, I will be using the tripod for the firework trails.

I have taken firework trails a few times and on the last trip in August, I have taken a lot. I have learned a lot of taking firework trails pictures from PiO and other DISers that have helped me over the years.

It was around 7:30pm when I got a curb side spot for the 9:30pm show of RDCT. Waiting for 2 hours is a long time but it is worth it to me as long I get a great spot to take pictures or videotape the fireworks. There are people would say that they would not even wait 2 hours to see fireworks. I understand what they are saying including that the show can be cancelled due to high winds.

I waited for 2 hours which went by quickly while I was checking my setting on my camera and reading what is going on the threads with my iPad.

For the settings, I set my DSLR with the lowest aperture on my 18-105mm lens to f/11.0, ISO 200 and I used the 0.9 ND Filter.

Here are pictures from RDCT on Saturday night for the 9:30pm show.

That’s it for this post and I will have more pictures from RDCT that Saturday night at DL.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 09-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #3095
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Bret -

One of the things I talked about in the recent DIS Unplugged podcast (from 9/19) was the lack of decor in DCA. I was saying that DCA is pretty much disconnected from the Halloween Time celebration, despite whatever is supposedly happening with the Mad T Party (which was not very Halloween-ish when I saw it). The hotels are disconnected from it. There's no theme-appropriate music playing in DTD or in DCA.

In photos, to people who have not experienced the parks for Halloween Time it appears that there are decorations everywhere. Those of us who have experienced Halloween Time in the past know that the decorations have been scaled back, and that they are really only concentrated in 2 or 3 areas in Disneyland: Main Street, Frontierland and New Orleans Square -- but the same NOS stuff (around Haunted Mansion Holiday) is basically there for the holiday season too, so only the Main Street decor and the Frontierland decor are exclusive to Halloween Time.

I think I am quite a bit less forgiving about the lack of decor than Liza/funatdisney is. She doesn't seem to mind the lack of Halloween decor in comparison to the holiday season decor. I do mind, it however! This year, again, there was no Masked Mickey floral at the entrance to DL. You mean to tell me that Disney can't arrange to have that Masked Mickey in place by the start of the season? Why can't they?

My main issue is that Halloween Time -- the season -- is just as long as the holiday season. They both last for about 7 weeks, give or take a day, depending on when certain holidays fall in the week. Is it fair and balanced that the holiday season has sooooooo many more decorations and general festivities (in both parks, in DTD and in the 3 hotels) to fill those 7 weeks and Halloween Time is only happening in Disneyland? I don't think it's fair and balanced at all. I think it makes sense to have a longer holiday season and a slightly shorter Halloween season.

I think that if Disney is going to devote a whole season to Halloween and have it last as long as the fully developed holiday season, they should add more decorations and events to fill it out for 7 weeks! What they have in Disneyland is not enough to make up for what is not happening in DCA.

Kim --

You listened to the Halloween Time podcast, correct? I don't know if it was edited out or left in, but I spoke about the pumpkins at the Halloween Carnival/Jamboree/Round-Up/Ranch because I talked to one of the carvers at length on 9/13. I was saying that the carvers look for certain odd shapes and colors of various gourds to help create their masterpieces. For example, if they had not found a piece that could serve as Olaf's carrot nose, there would be no Olaf on display. The carvers don't want the perfectly round pumpkins -- well they can use them and just sort of 'etch' a character onto the pumpkin, but it's really the throwaways that they want -- the ones that most people would not want.

Also, the heat does a number on some of the pumpkins, shortening their lifespan, but humidity can help to preserve them just a little longer. Dry heat is a killer, though. Some of the pumpkins that are a bit less detailed and elaborate (maybe the ones that have not been carved up in detail, but have just been used as a 'canvas,' let's call it) can last a bit longer.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12

Last edited by Sherry E; 09-28-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #3096
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

You are more patient than I am when it comes to waiting. I cannot wait that long. One day if we all have APs and plenty of time to tour, I will have to let go of my commando style and tour the way you do. The fireworks shots are fantastic as always. We are probably getting Xander an AP this trip. We have one day hoppers, so we will get them for me and Crap on our next trip. Connor will not need one until next June.

Sherry, I did listen to the podcast you're referring to. I knew some of the pumpkins were real. I just assumed the ones that look perfect in the pictures were fake (especially since I remember you saying they look for imperfect ones to start carving). Every time we carve pumpkins, they are dead within a few days. I would assume the same would happen to the ones at Disney, so it seems like a lot of work for products to turn over so quickly. They could invest that money in DCA decorations instead and put up plastic pumpkins. Maybe, I will feel differently when I finally see them in person.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #3097
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
You are more patient than I am when it comes to waiting. I cannot wait that long. One day if we all have APs and plenty of time to tour, I will have to let go of my commando style and tour the way you do. The fireworks shots are fantastic as always. We are probably getting Xander an AP this trip. We have one day hoppers, so we will get them for me and Crap on our next trip. Connor will not need one until next June.

Sherry, I did listen to the podcast you're referring to. I knew some of the pumpkins were real. I just assumed the ones that look perfect in the pictures were fake (especially since I remember you saying they look for imperfect ones to start carving). Every time we carve pumpkins, they are dead within a few days. I would assume the same would happen to the ones at Disney, so it seems like a lot of work for products to turn over so quickly. They could invest that money in DCA decorations instead and put up plastic pumpkins. Maybe, I will feel differently when I finally see them in person.
Kim --

You'll definitely see lots of fake pumpkins, all up and down Main Street and around the Partners statue!

You're right -- there is a lot of work that goes into the carved pumpkins (especially the detailed, elaborate ones) at the Carnival, but some of them do last longer than others. The ones with a lot of exposed 'flesh,' for lack of a better word, probably run the risk of rotting even faster -- especially in dry heat -- but the ones that are not carved up too intensely (like this year's Minnie Mouse pumpkin) will last longer. The Olaf pumpkin might last longer too.

I think Disney must have plenty of money to throw towards some DCA decorations. They are already bringing in lots of people for Halloween Time so it's not like it would be a flop. I don't know why they don't do more in DCA now that the whole billion dollar makeover is complete.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #3098
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – September 14, 2013 – Part 5

Quote:
I can be patient at times like for the fireworks, F!, WoC, parade, etc. since they are only one to two times a day while the rides you can get on anytime of the day (except for the rides at the RoA like Mark Twain, Columbia, Canoes, etc.). It has been a long time since I have waited in a long line just to get on a ride. I forgot what ride it was but I know it was an hour in WDW. Thank you Kim. That is nice to hear that you will be getting Xander an AP during your trip this month.

Back to the trip report.

Day 1 – September 14, 2013 – Part 5

Now back with more pictures from Remember Dreams Come True fireworks that Saturday night.

After RDCT fireworks was over, I head on back to the room since I was tired from the driving to SoCal with my DB and his GF. I could have stayed a little bit longer that night in the park since it doesn’t close until 11pm but I wanted to get some rest so I can spend it with PiO and her family the next day. She told me that they are going to spend the whole day at the park on Sunday. Mostly I take a break in the middle of the afternoon but I wanted to spend some time with PiO and her family that day.

I was leaving the park as well as a lot of other people. When I was walking down MS, I noticed that there were more pumpkins in the windows at night. I didn’t see them during the daytime but at night, there were more pumpkins that were hidden during the day.

I left the park after 10pm and I head back to Best Western Anaheim Inn to call it for the night and the best part of the trip was Sunday. On Saturday, it was an exploration day of all the Halloween decorations at DL. Main Street and Frontierland was decorated with the Halloween decorations like every other year with the Halloween Carnival, Dia De Los Muertos, HMH, Ray & Bradbury’s tree.

The thing that was new to me was the Halloween Carnival since I have never been to it ever since it started in 2012. Just like Jingle Jangle Jamboree it was a Halloween version where there are a lot of different activities to do.

Now that Saturday is over, the next best part of the trip report is about to happen.

Stay tune for the next update.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #3099
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – September 15, 2013 – Part 1

Day 2 – September 15, 2013 – Part 1

After spending part of the day in DL exploring all the Halloween decorations at DL and watching MatMM & RDCT, now is the day that I have been looking forward to the most since I came to SoCal with my DB and his GF to help out her brother by moving in to Irvine. It is the day that I will get to see PiO (PrincessInOz) for the 2nd time since last year where she was in San Francisco along with ACDSNY and usnuzuloose. This was also my first time meeting her family DH and DS. We will also meet up with Alison and Fran later that day when they check in at the GCV.

I got up around 6:30am so I can leave the hotel early enough so I can meet up PiO and her family at the Esplanade. She told me that they will be going to DCA first so they can get FP’s for Radiator Springs Racers since the wait time to go on that ride will be very long.

I got to the Esplanade at 7:30am and waiting for PiO and her family. It was foggy that morning where it was visible to walk around. I waited for PiO and her family to arrive but they didn’t arrive at the Esplanade until 8am. I met them right at the security check-in. It was nice to see PiO again and it was nice to meet her DH and DS. Everyone in the family had a camera with them and this was going to be a fun time taking pictures when we were walking around the DLR.

After we met up, PiO head on over to Guest Relations to do something while her DH and DS took PiO’s tripod to the locker area at the DCA side. I knew that PiO likes to take a lot of pictures and she is one of the people that inspired me to become a better photographer. So during the trip, I did ask her for tips when using the settings on my DSLR. When PiO finished her business at the GR, DH and DS met up with us and we head on over to DCA first thing.

When we entered DCA, the park was already past 8am, so the first thing we did was head on over to the RSR FP’s queue. The RSR queue was all the way towards the Carthay Circle Theater. So we all head in the queue but DH and DS went on over to Paradise Pier so they can get on TSMM. It makes sense to go on TSMM that morning where most of the park guests are at RSR. So DH and DS went on over to PP while PiO and I are in the RSR queue to get the FP’s.

It took about 15 minutes to get through the RSR queue and our return time was 9:40am to 10:40am which is not a bad time that morning where we got in the park a little late that morning.

After getting the FP’s we head on over to PP to meet up with DH and DS. When we got to PP and at TSMM, they text PiO and they were in the queue for TSMM. Since they were on the ride and the wait time was only 10 minutes, PiO and I got on the ride.

It went really fast through the queue which was only 10 minutes to get through the queue and on the ride.

During the ride, PiO was taking a lot of pictures while I was getting ready to get a high score on the ride. I got 193,400 while she got 97,100 on the ride.

After we got off the ride, we met up with DH and DH outside. Then our next ride that DS wanted to do was Mickey’s Fun Wheel or Mickey’s Fun Wheel of Doom where I called it. (Thank you Sherry for calling that ride MFWoD) He wanted to go on the swinging-gondola where I don’t even like to go on the swinging gondola. PiO encouraged me to go on the swinging-gondola. She knows from my past trip reports that I never go on the swinging-gondola’s since I could get sick from the swinging. I did it for her and so we head on over to MFWoD.

The ride wait time was a walk-on that morning which is not surprising to me. Just when we were close to getting on the swinging-gondola, PiO had a change of heart and decided that she will want to go on the non-swinging gondola. So I joined along with PiO since I don’t want to take part in the swinging-gondola. It looks like I won’t be going on the swinging-gondola so it has been a long time since I have ridden in the swinging-gondola.

DH and DS in the swinging-gondola queue

While we were riding in the non-swinging gondola, PiO used the opportunity to take a lot of pictures while we did see her DH and DH in the swinging-gondola. I took a few pictures that I have took during the ride.

We rode MFWoD two times in a row since there weren’t any people in the queue to get on the ride. So we went on the ride two times in a row while PiO and I are in the non-swinging gondola and DH and DS were still in the swinging-gondola.

After we got off MFWoD, we head on over to “The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure”. Since it was the morning, it was a walk-on that morning. This was also a great opportunity to get dark ride photos.

DH and DS rode it together while I rode it with PiO. We did talk a lot about the settings on the DSLR of how to take pictures. When we rode the Little Mermaid ride, I used the 35mm f/1.8 lens for the dark rides. I set the ISO at 3200 and different shutter speed. When I looked at the pictures after the ride, they were a little blurry while some of them turned out nice. She told that with more practice with the settings and going back on the ride again and again that I will get the pictures just right. I will have another opportunity during the trip to get better pictures on the Little Mermaid but that will be on another post later on during the trip.

Here are some pictures from the ride.

Exposure speed: 1/200 sec

Exposure speed: 1/250 sec

Exposure speed: 1/125 sec

Exposure speed: 1/160

Exposure speed: 1/250

After we got off the Little Mermaid ride, it was time to head on over to Cars Land to ride Radiator Springs Racers so we can use our FP’s. When we were heading to CL, we went through the backside which is from Pacific Wharf to see Cadillac Range at RSR and we were now taking pictures of Ornament Valley. It is so nice to see RSR from this side when you enter CL. We all took our cameras and took a lot of different angles of RSR. I took some pictures as well as everyone else but not as many as PiO, DH and DS.

After getting some pictures of RSR, we head over to the queue and use our FP’s to get on RSR. When we got to the entrance, the stand-by wait time was at 60 minutes which is about right around 9:40am when the park opens at 8am.

“Radiator Springs”

It took about 10 minutes for all of us to go through the FP queue and on the ride. Good thing that we got the FP’s that morning at the time when we entered the park after 8am. PiO, DH and DS were up front while I was in the back so they can get a group picture together.

Talk about a lot of Cars waiting to get to the station to let the guests off

For the ride experience, we all had our cameras to take pictures. This was the first time for me using my DSLR on the ride while I mostly videotape the ride. But after videotaping the ride a lot of times when the ride opened in 2012, it was time to get some pictures.

Here are some of the pictures from RSR.

I can never get tired of the water fall of Ornament Valley

Watch out for Mack!!!

Passing by Van

Sheriff pulling us over for speeding

There’s Frank.

Entering the town of Radiator Springs

We entered through Ramone’s House of Body Art where we want to go through Luigis Casa Della Tires side.

That’s it for this post and I will have more pictures from Radiator Springs Racers.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #3100
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

What great pictures you got of the morning. I'm glad you folks got on so many rides that morning! Good choice to avoid the swinging Gondolas!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #3101
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

What a great installment. I guess early September is the time to go for short lines at TSMM!

I really enjoyed your pictures. I'm even more excited to see CL in December.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #3102
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

It is awesome that you had a good return time to RSR despite entering the park after opening. That encourages me. We made some mistakes last trip that I do not want to make this time. I am glad it seems like you are off to a great start on your DISmeet. You got a lot done. The swinging gondolas are cool, but it is harder (for me anyway) to get non blurry pictures. Xander prefers the stationary ones too, so it will be a while before we swing again. Loving the pictures, especially the ones on the Little Mermaid. They are leagues better than the ones Crap took of the same ride.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #3103
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What great pictures you got of the morning. I'm glad you folks got on so many rides that morning! Good choice to avoid the swinging Gondolas!
Thank you Alison. We all took a lot of pictures when we were on the rides and Ornament Valley at RSR. We all had a great morning where we did quite a number of rides that morning and this is only the beginning. I never like to ride the swinging gondolas and it was a good thing that PiO changed her mind when we were about to enter loading area. I did tell her and everyone that I don't like to ride the swinging gondolas but if I had to ride the swinging gondolas it would be for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
What a great installment. I guess early September is the time to go for short lines at TSMM!

I really enjoyed your pictures. I'm even more excited to see CL in December.

TK
Thank you TK. The park crowd levels was not that bad on Sunday morning where we did quite a number of rides that morning. It was close to 8:30am when the wait time for TSMM was only at 10 minutes. Just when PiO and I got off TSMM the wait time went up to 20 minutes.

Glad you are enjoying my pictures from this past trip. After writing my trip report, I am getting more and more excited for the November and December trip.

Quote:
It is awesome that you had a good return time to RSR despite entering the park after opening. That encourages me. We made some mistakes last trip that I do not want to make this time. I am glad it seems like you are off to a great start on your DISmeet. You got a lot done. The swinging gondolas are cool, but it is harder (for me anyway) to get non blurry pictures. Xander prefers the stationary ones too, so it will be a while before we swing again. Loving the pictures, especially the ones on the Little Mermaid. They are leagues better than the ones Crap took of the same ride.
It was very nice to get a good return time to ride RSR that morning. I thought that when we got to the park after the park opens at 8am, I thought our times would be in the afternoon. Getting a FP at RSR can be still long in the morning but it is not as bad as it was last year when you get to the park when it opens at 8am and your return time is around the afternoon or nighttime. I would get to DCA during the rope drop so you will be able to get a FP for RSR in the morning to afternoon so you won't have to wait until later during the day.

I haven't written this yet on my trip report yet since we are not at that point yet but after we used our FP's for RSR, we would go back to the RSR queue to get another one. But when we looked at the return times, it was during our activities with Alison and Fran so we didn't get the 2nd set of RSR that day. It would have been nice to get them and enjoy RSR at night which is fun.

The DISmeet is off to a great start by meeting up with PiO and her family and going on a lot of rides that morning.

The non-swinging will always be my choice over the swinging.

Thank you Kim.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #3104
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Oh yeah, and I meant to reply earlier that I never get sick of that waterfall on Ornament Valley either!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #3105
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh yeah, and I meant to reply earlier that I never get sick of that waterfall on Ornament Valley either!
Just like in the movie Cars when Lightning McQueen and Sally went on a drive and McQueen seeing the waterfall, I just can't get tired of that scene every time I ride RSR or seeing it at the walkway.

Hope you and Fran are having a great time in WDW.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: