Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #2986
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

CAtching up.

That Mickey waffle looks amazing, as always.

I think someone told me that the handicapped line at PotC is usually long because there aren't that many of the vehicles that are handicap accessible.....maybe that was for another ride?

I was hoping to see pictures of Mickey and the Magic Map on your TR this time. I'm with you......I haven't gone to google it or anything. Happy to see it in person; but I was hoping to get a glimpse of your pictures.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #2987
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #2988
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
CAtching up.

That Mickey waffle looks amazing, as always.

I think someone told me that the handicapped line at PotC is usually long because there aren't that many of the vehicles that are handicap accessible.....maybe that was for another ride?

I was hoping to see pictures of Mickey and the Magic Map on your TR this time. I'm with you......I haven't gone to google it or anything. Happy to see it in person; but I was hoping to get a glimpse of your pictures.
Hi PiO,

The Mickey shape waffle was very nice at Carnation Cafe. My aunt didn't think that it was great since there wasn't much of a selection and the portion size wasn't that big for the price.

I don't think that the PotC boats have handicap boats like IASW. I know that IASW has handicap boats for the guests that can't get out of their wheelchair. Since PotC has drops while IASW doesn't there might be boats on PotC that has extra room length for the handicapped people. But when we were waiting, I saw that there were handicapped guests that boarded the boats that the regular people were in. One thing for sure is that we will never go through the handicap queue of PotC and IASW since it takes way longer to go through the queue.

I would be in the same boat and now watch or see any clips of Mickey and the Magical Map since I wanted to see it in person before seeing it on the computer. I wanted to videotape the show but since I didn't have a tripod, the video will be wobbling. So I was glad that I took pictures of the show. It would have been nice to videotape it and I might videotape it during this upcoming trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousfive View Post
Can't wait to read!
Thank you fabulousfive for coming along.

The next post will be up shortly.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #2989
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 4

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 4

On our last update, we all have gone on a lot of rides like Splash Mountain twice, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh & Indiana Jones Adventure. Chris was excited to go on Splash that afternoon where we rode it twice thanks to the fast passes. Even though we were in the line for PotC, I should have known never to go through the handicapped queue on PotC since it takes longer to go through. We got ourselves a few Dole Whips while we head on over to the Fantasyland Theater to see Mickey and the Magical Map show at 12:45pm.

We just made it in time for the 12:45pm show of Mickey and the Magical Map. I have used my DSLR instead of videotaping the show since I didnít bring the tripod. So it was easy to use the DSLR. Maybe when I go back to the DLR next month (which is not too long until the D23 Expo trip on Aug. 8 to 12) I will be able to videotape the show.

During first part of the show had a lot of performers and the best part of the stage was the background screen. Chris was excited to see the talking Mickey during the show. She has been looking forward to seeing Mickey talk during a show and she did get to see a glimpse of Mickey when we were in Disney California Adventure during Red Car News Boys

Now back to pictures from the show.

Jungle Book scene with King Louie

Mickey is sinking in the Magical Map

Pocahontas

Mulan

Rapunzel now on stage with Pocahontas and Mulan

Thereís Flynn Rider

Sebastian from the Little Mermaid

Mickey in the Magical Map chasing the dot

Thatís it for this post since I am out of pictures for this post but I will have more pictures and my experience of watching Mickey and the Magical Map.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #2990
PrincessInOz
in

Great pictures, Bret. Seems like this show needs a wide angle lens rather than a close-up zoom. I'll have to remember that! The backdrop is amazing!

Thanks for the info about HA boats on PotC. I must have muddled it up with IaSW.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 07-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #2991
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hi Bret,
Is Mickey and the Magical Map a new show? I don't think I've heard anything about it. Where is it?

Great pics!

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #2992
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great pictures, Bret. Seems like this show needs a wide angle lens rather than a close-up zoom. I'll have to remember that! The backdrop is amazing!

Thanks for the info about HA boats on PotC. I must have muddled it up with IaSW.
Thank you PiO. I could have took the pictures wider but I wanted to get some closer pictures of the characters during the show. Next time if I videotape the show on a tripod and have my DSLR in my hands during the show, I will get wide angle shots of the show. The backdrop is very nice and interchangeable.

Your welcome. The PotC boats are the same unless some of the boats have a bigger seating area for the handicaps in the back. BUt that is my experience about the PotC boats. The IASW boats do have a special boat for the wheelchair people so they don't have to get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Bret,
Is Mickey and the Magical Map a new show? I don't think I've heard anything about it. Where is it?

Great pics!

TK
Hi TK,

Yes, Mickey and the Magical Map is a new show that debut in late May just after my early May trip. Here is the info about Mickey and the Magical Map at DL. The show is located at the Fantasyland Faire right across from Mickey's Toontown Depot. When you go in December, I recommend that you see this show since it is good.

Thank you and glad you are enjoying the pictures.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #2993
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Catching up on your TR you accomplished quite a bit on those two days. Your score on BLAB was awesome!

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #2994
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Catching up on your TR you accomplished quite a bit on those two days. Your score on BLAB was awesome!
Nice to see you back on my latest trip report Angela. We did quite a lot of rides at DL and DCA on those first two days. Thank you Angela. The score on BLAB was very good and I always try to get a very high score.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:56 AM   #2995
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 5

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 5

On our last update, we are watching the 12:45pm show of Mickey and the Magical Map. This is a new Disneyland show that was one month old during our visit. Right now it is over 2 months old. I have been looking forward to this show during the trip. Seeing this show was a first time for all of us. I was so excited to see it that day during the trip.

We are now watching the rest of the 12:45pm show of Mickey and the Magical Map. The show has been fun to watch and it was very interesting. I am a fan of the shows at the DLR and this was a new show that I have been looking forward to seen ever since it was discussed on the website.

Now back to pictures from the show.

The background showed Lilo & Stitch house

Tiana and the Princess scene

Tiana and Mickey

Confetti dropped from the top onto the crowds

The show was over and all the guests that watched the show started to leave the theater. We waited awhile until it cleared out since it will be busy to leave the area.

My first impression of the show was kind of high. My overall impression of the show was that it was a nice show to have at the Fantasyland Theater. There were a lot of performers and Disney characters that we donít see too much at the parks. It was neat to see a talking King Louie as well as the talking Mickey. There were other characters that we donít see too often like Pocahontas and Mulan.

Everyone was so impressed with the new show at the FL Theater. We were really lucky in to make it just in time for the 12:45pm show of Mickey and the Magical Map.

When it was easy to leave the Fantasyland Theater, we got the ECV and started to leave on over to our next destination. It was around 1:30pm and we were planning on being in DL until 3:00pm so we can get some rest that afternoon and come back to DL to have dinner and watch the nighttime shows. Since we didnít ride Pirates of the Caribbean since we waited in the handicap queue, Chris and DM wanted to go back on PotC. So we head on over back to New Orleans Square to ride PotC.

Just when we are leaving the FL Theater, the Ward Kimball Engine #5 with Holiday 4 Car set approaching Mickeyís Toontown Depot.

While we are walking on over to NOS, we detoured on over towards the new Fantasyland Faire that just have opened earlier this year. It replaced the former Carnation Plaza Gardens. It was sad to see the CPG go for the new FL Faire but I do realize that it was a nice place to have a meet and greet area for the princesses. Chris wanted to see the new FL Faire but we didnít see too much of it when we passed by it.

We walked on through the FL Faire towards the Rancho del Zocalo restaurant which leads to Frontierland. It is so fun to walk through the tunnel from the FL Faire to Frontierland right next to the Rancho del Zocalo restaurant.

We head on over to PotC and saw that the wait time was only 15 minutes. So my aunt parked the ECV where the strollers are right by the River Belle Terrace restaurant.

Looking at the sign of PotC is always fun to look at especially the Disney Dream Suite sign. Chris talked about the Disney Dream Suite as something that she wants to do one day or even go inside.

Chris, DM and my aunt while we were waiting in the queue of PotC

I had to get into one of the pictures so I hand my camera to my aunt and I got in along with DM and Chris

It only took about 12 minutes to get on PotC. Earlier we went through the handicapped queue and just about half way it took 20 minutes. So we knew that we will never go on PotC through the handicap queue.

During the ride, I videotaped the ride for Chris and DM. I thought about using my DSLR and the lens but I wanted to get some video for them and it has been awhile since I videotaped PotC.

After we finished riding PotC, Chris noticed that the ride was a little different when she rode it back in 2009 where the mist screen showed Davy Jones. Now it shows both Davy Jones and Black Beard. I remember when it was only Davy Jones and then it was only Black Beard. Now the ride shows them both. I told her that was the only change to PotC since her last time she rode it.

Now that we finished riding PotC, it was time to go back to the hotel and relax until it is time to go back to DL for dinner and the nighttime shows.

Before weíd head on out of the park, I had to get the Dumbo popcorn bucket. I was looking forward to getting the Dumbo popcorn bucket where I first heard about it on the threads. I have collected a lot of different popcorn buckets at the Disney parks. This bucket is something that I wanted to get during the trip and we head on over towards FL right by the Matterhorn where we first saw the bucket.

While we were walking on over to FL to get the popcorn bucket, the park was getting a little busy that afternoon and fortunately we are about to leave until we get the bucket.

We head on over to the popcorn stand right by the Matterhorn and luckily they had the Dumbo popcorn bucket. The Dumbo popcorn bucket costs $12 with tax which was a little high. But for the price it is very nice to have. The ears were also very neat where you can fold them so it wonít take a lot of room. I asked Chris if she wanted one but she will think about getting one.

After getting the bucket, we head on out of the park so we can rest up since everyone were tired. Chris and DM have been in the park since Magic Morning while my aunt and I came later that morning to meet up with them. I always take a break in the afternoon so I can be all rested up for the nighttime. It was a good time while the park was getting busy in the afternoon. There were things that we could have stayed during that time around 3pm but we needed the rest so we can do our nighttime activities.

We left DL and on our way back to the hotel to rest up. I forgot to show you the Dumbo popcorn bucket that I purchased that afternoon.

We got back to the room around 3:15pm and we had about 2 hours to relax until we needed to head back to DL for dinner. When we got back DM, Chris and my aunt went straight to the bed and slept immediately. I did the same thing and crashed on the sofa. We were all tired that day and we did quite a lot of different rides and shows which was kind of surprised during a busy summertime. It didnít feel as busy as I have thought. It must have been the heat which was in the low 90s that afternoon.

It was around 5pm when everyone was up and it was time to head on out of the hotel and back to DL for dinner that night. We all packed all of our bags and I brought along my tripod so I can videotape the nighttime shows.

We left around 5:15pm and we walked on over to the DLR. Just when we were going through the security check area, I handed my tripod bag to a female CM and she told me that my tripod does seem a bit long. I told her that I brought this tripod to the parks a lot and she told me that I had to wait until she gets her supervisor. I was really upset that I had to wait until her supervisor came over and see my tripod. My tripod is not a commercial tripod for news reporters which are a civilian model. I have brought this tripod a lot in the parks and I canít believe that I had to wait. When her supervisor came in 5 minutes after I was told to wait and he looked at my tripod and said that it was okay. I packed my tripod bag up and met up with my group.

Here is a good tip when you are going through the security check-in area to head on in the Esplanade with bags like a tripod or other bags, never line up at where the female CMís are stationed. There were times when my bags were being checked at the security points by the female CMís and they take a long time to go through the bags than by the male CMís. I didnít want to show my frustration over the CM that made me wait. I understand that she is doing her job and making sure that the tripod is not a commercial one.

After meeting up with everyone, Chris waited for me right by the ticket booths while DM and my aunt went on over to the Stoller and Wheelchair rental area to get her ECV. My aunt was wondering what happened at the security check point and I told her about the tripod issue. She was surprised to hear about that since I have brought my tripod in the parks a lot.

When she got the ECV, we head on in to DL.

When passing by the turnstiles, it was a little busy going through the turnstiles to DL but we only had to wait a couple of minutes to get in. When we got in the park, it was not that busy and looks like there are some people waiting for the 2nd parade at 6:30pm on Main Street.

We walked down MS and head on over towards Adventureland to have dinner. Over at Adventureland, the line at the Tiki Juice Bar was almost close to the exit of the Tiki Room.

Now we were over the bridge that leads to New Orleans Square. Can you guess what restaurant that we will be eating that night. If you have read my pre trip report, you can tell what restaurant that we will be eating that night. If you donít than you can tell that it is in NOS since this area offers. I will disclose which restaurant that we have ate that night.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #2996
PrincessInOz
in

Of all the CM to meet, the diligent one at bag check is the one that I would least like to strike.

At least you know she's doing the best job and it really is for customer safety.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #2997
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

We put the new Mickey show on our itineray for December. It looks really great. I do find the talking/blinking Mickey a bit strange.

I love the Dumbo popcorn bucket. My son has the R2D2 bucket. I hope the Dumbo one is still available in December.

Do you store your tripod in a locker when you are touring the park? I am like you, I understand safety check points and try to be tollerant. That doesn't mean I don't want to go through the shortest line I can.

I'm thinking you are eating at Blue Bayou.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #2998
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of all the CM to meet, the diligent one at bag check is the one that I would least like to strike.

At least you know she's doing the best job and it really is for customer safety.
I do understand that the CM's at the bag check area are doing their jobs and making sure that going to the DLR is safe. I never had a CM's at the bag check area to make me wait because of the tripod. We know that commercial tripods are not allowed in the parks but the one that I had was not a commercial. I just held it out and didn't want to say anything to her about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
We put the new Mickey show on our itineray for December. It looks really great. I do find the talking/blinking Mickey a bit strange.

I love the Dumbo popcorn bucket. My son has the R2D2 bucket. I hope the Dumbo one is still available in December.

Do you store your tripod in a locker when you are touring the park? I am like you, I understand safety check points and try to be tollerant. That doesn't mean I don't want to go through the shortest line I can.

I'm thinking you are eating at Blue Bayou.

TK
Glad to hear that you will see Mickey and the Magical Map during your December trip TK. You and your family will like the show.

The Dumbo popcorn was very neat to get and I was lucky to pick one up during the trip. I did see the R2D2 bucket during my trip. It looks like at specific areas in the park that they have those popcorn buckets. I hope that the Dumbo popcorn bucket will be available during your trip. Since you are going during the Holiday season, you will be able to find a nice Holiday bucket like the Santa Mickey popcorn bucket that I got last year.

I don't store my tripod in the locker since I bring it at nighttime for the nighttime shows. So i leave it at the hotel and when I go back to the room to rest up, I take it with me around the park at night.

The CM at the bag check area is doing her job when she saw my tripod but I wasn't happy to wait a while when her supervisor was on the other side at the bag check area at Downtown Disney. Every time that I go through the bag check area with the female CM's that it takes a little longer to go through than with the male CM's. Maybe I should go where the male CM's are at the baggage check so I won't have problems.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #2999
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 6

We are only about 8 days away till the D23 Expo trip and I have been so excited to get to this day. Before I write up the pre-trip report for the D23 Expo, I first have to finish up this trip report which will take some time. So back to the trip report back June.

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 6

On our last update, we just watched the 12:45pm show of Mickey and the Magical Map which was a very nice show. Than later on we head on over to Pirates of the Caribbean. Then it was about time for all of us to head on back to the room to rest up for the nighttime. Before we left, I stopped to get the Dumbo popcorn bucket right at Fantasyland which was very nice to get. We got our break in the afternoon and we head on over to DL for our dinner. Now letís get back to the trip report.

We are now in New Orleans Square after all that walking. It is now time for dinner and my aunt has been looking forward to eating at this restaurant ever since we made reservations. For dinner we are eating at the Blue Bayou. It has been a long time since I have ate at the Blue Bayou restaurant in Disneyland. The last time I have ate at the Blue Bayou restaurant was back in 2003 and I have been looking forward to eating at this restaurant as well as Carnation Cafť. My aunt has been looking forward to eating at this restaurant when she made reservations. She first got to see BB when we rode PotC back in January and she wanted to try this restaurant with Chris, DM and me. When we looked at the menu at BB, she wanted to try the Creole food and this was a great place to have that kind of food.

Our reservation time to eat at BB was at 5:45pm. So we got to the restaurant with about 5 minutes to go until our time. We didnít have to wait that long to get a table. I mentioned to the CM if they have a table right at the railing area right by the PotC but the CM told me that it will be available in 15 minutes. So we decided to get in as soon as possible.

We were seated just a few tables away from the railing which is a nice spot. Being at the BB brings back a lot of memories when I last ate in it in 2003. I knew what I was going to order as well as my aunt. Chris and DM were looking at the menu to see what is good to get.

It was busy that night and we were lucky that we made reservation at the Blue Bayou

It has been awhile since I have got a light fixture picture

When we ordered our food, my aunt and Chris asked our waiter that they could make special requests on their dishes. So the waiter asked the Sous Chef to come on out and he talked to my aunt and Chris on what changes they need for their dishes. I believe his name was Chef Feliz which he was very nice and he will do the best he can for the dishes. My aunt was so impressed with the service at the Blue Bayou restaurant. Chris also wanted to get a mint julep when we were in the BB.

For the appetizer DM and I got a cup of New Orleans Gumbo

My aunt and Chris got the Blue Bayou House Salad

The gumbo was very nice and it had a lot of rice on top. Chris made a special request on the salad since she couldnít have croutons in her salad.

With about 10 minutes later, our entrťes came out and it was time to have dinner that night.

DM had the Pan-Seared Salmon with Cajun-Spiced, with Sweet Corn Risotto, Citrus Mousseline, and Salsa Verde.

I had the Broiled Filet Mignon with Blue Bayou Au Gratin Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, & Bearnaise Sauce.

My aunt had the Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya with a robust combination of jumbo gulf shrimp, sustainable fish, tasso ham, andouille sausage and chicken, tossed with Cajun-style "dirty rice". For this plate, she asked the chef to use little rice in her jambalaya dish and the chef used little rice. She was very impressed with the sous chef doing all those requests for her.

Chris got the Surf & Turf with a Petite Pacific Northwest Lobster Tail and Broiled Filet Mignon, Blue Bayou Au Gratin Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, & Bearnaise Sauce. She asked the chef if she can less butter on her plate where she canít have too much butter.

We all shared each other plates and they were all enjoyable. I enjoyed my dish and my aunt was really impressed with the jambalaya that she ordered. The chef did a great job on the dish that she asked the chef. The service and the food were outstanding. We were all excited to have dinner at the Blue Bayou. We stayed at the restaurant a little longer since we plan on seeing some of the nighttime shows at DL that night. We plan on watching Magical fireworks and Fantasmic! that night.

DM, Chris and my aunt

Just a while ago, my aunt asked for some dessert and we got a peach sorbet and a chocolate Mickey dessert.

We had the desserts and they were all great.

I asked our waiter to get a picture of us and he took our picture which was very nice of him

We got the check and saved some money thanks to my annual pass which saved us 15% which our bill was close in the $140. But with the customer service from our waiter and the sous chef my aunt gave a nice tip. She was really impressed with the customer service that she will want to come back to this restaurant in the near future.

After eating at the Blue Bayou and left we started to go to our next destination was to get a spot in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. It was around 7:15pm when we got out of the restaurant and we started o head on over to Main Street Hub so we can get a good spot to watch the fireworks.

We got to the Hub around 7:30pm and we were able to get the curb backside where I watch the fireworks. For people that have followed my past trip reports that I like to get to the Hub early for a prime spot to see the fireworks in front of SB Castle. Mostly I always sit by myself for my other party members so they are able to go on rides or do other things before the fireworks start at 9:30pm.

Chris, my aunt, and DM when we got to the spot for the fireworks.

DM and my aunt told Chris and me that they will stay at the spot so the two of us can do some different activities until Magical fireworks start at 9:30pm. I told her that I could have stayed at the spot and they could do other things before the fireworks. But my aunt insisted that the two of us should do some activities before the fireworks like going on rides, getting FPís or do some shopping. So Chris and I went around the park to do some activities before we came back with my aunt and DM to watch the 9:30pm show of Magical.

It is weird to leave the area where I mostly stay for 2 hours to see Magical. I am one of those people who would wait that long in order to see the show at a prime spot. I felt a little bad for my aunt and DM that they are going to be watching our spot for the fireworks but DM is used to waiting for the fireworks and she has no problems with it. It also give a good time for DM and my aunt to talk and rest up before the fireworks.

Chris and I head on over to Splash Mountain to get FPís that night. She wanted to go on Splash Mountain again that night and we are hoping that it wonít lapse between the fireworks or Fantasmic!. We are planning on seeing the 2nd show of F! at 10:30pm after watching the 9:30pm show of Magical. So Chris and I did some different stuff before we got back to the spot where my aunt and DM was watching.

When we got to Splash Mountain, the FP return time was at 10:10pm to 11:10pm. So we had a window in order to ride Splash Mountain that night after watching the 2nd show of F!.

After getting the FPís we went to the Pioneer Mercantile store to look at some of the bracelets. She wanted to get a bracelet for herself and her boyfriend. I noticed that she wears a lot of bracelets and she wanted to get one where you can get a customized with letters on it. It was a while when we were at the Pioneer Mercantile store to get the bracelets. She got one for herself and her boyfriend that she asked me if I wanted on but I didnít want one.

When we got the bracelets, we head back to the Hub where my aunt and DM were waiting. It was around 8:30pm and the whole street were already filled up that night. I wasnít that surprised to see the street filled up with one hour until the show since it is the summertime.

When it was getting close for the fireworks, I started to set up my video camera with the tripod and I have my DSLR in my hands ready to take pictures. I thought about using the tripod for my DSLR for the firework trails but I wanted to videotape the show for my aunt, Chris and DM. It was a tough decision but I knew that they will like seeing the video of Magical. I also do have an opportunity to see Magical next week during the D23 Expo trip if I have time. I am not likely to see the fireworks during the trip but it can change when I get there along with my DA.

SB Castle before Magical fireworks start at 9:30pm.

Everyone in front of SB started to stand up for the fireworks

It is almost time for Magical fireworks

My aunt was sitting on the ECV while Chris and DM were right next to her on the left hand side while I got my tripod all set up for videotaping Magical. I have my DSLR in my hands already to take pictures that night of the fireworks. The next post will have pictures of Magical fireworks from that night. So stay tune for pictures from that night.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #3000
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 7

I canít believe we are at the 3000 post mark on my trip report thread.

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 7

On our last update, we had dinner at Blue Bayou which was very nice. We all had a great experience at the restaurant with the service and the food. After dinner, we head on over to the Hub to get ready to watch the 9:30pm Magical fireworks show. When my aunt and DM were watching our spots for Magical, Chris and I did some different stuff like getting FPís for Splash Mountain that night and shopping at the Pioneer Mercantile store. Than we head back to meet up with my aunt and DM for the fireworks. Now letís get back to the trip report.

Now it is time for the 9:30pm Magical fireworks show where we are watching it front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. I always enjoy watching the fireworks in front of SB Castle where it has all the special effects. I have seen Magical ever since the show debut in 2009. I had my DSLR in my hands while taking pictures of it while my tripod had my video camera. I used the Nikkor 18-105mm lens that night and I wanted to see how the quality of the pictures would be with this lens over the 18-55mm lens that I have used during the May trip.

Chris and DM have seen Magical when it debut in 2009 and they were excited to see it. My aunt is seeing Magical for the first time where she got to see Remember Dreams Come True fireworks during the January trip.

Here are pictures from Magical fireworks

There is Tinkerbell flying

Thatís it for this post and I will have more pictures of Magical fireworks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: