Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #2971
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 10

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 10

On our last update, we are now watching the 9pm World of Color show. Once again back with more pictures from the 9pm show of World of Color that Friday.

Pocahontas scene

ďA Bugís LifeĒ scene with Heimlich

ďPirates of the CaribbeanĒ scene

I always love this part of WoC during the PotC scene with Captain Jack Sparrow. ďDid everyone see that because I will not be doing it again!Ē

ďLion KingĒ scene

You can see on the left hand bottom side of the picture of the flower fountain in front of my aunt and she got startled.

Thatís it for this post and I will have more from the 9pm show of World of Color.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #2972
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 11

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 11

On our last update, we are now watching the 9pm World of Color show. Once again back with more pictures from the 9pm show of World of Color that Friday. This is taking a while of showing all the pictures that I have took during World of Color since I just snapped and snapped over to get everything I can.

The show is almost over and the music at the end is always something I enjoy from the movie ďEnchantedĒ. The song is called ďSo CloseĒ.

Lion King scene

Bambi scene

Dumbo scene

Tangled scene

Lady and the Tramp scene

Princess scenes

Alice in Wonderland

Sebastian

Dory and Marlin

WALL-E and Eve

Buzz and Woody

Aladdin and Jasmine

Genie

Thatís it for this post and I will have more from the 9pm show of World of Color.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #2973
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

It's the music that always gets me with WoC. I know it is a whole package thing but I suspect that one of the reason that the Disney movies never get old is the music.

Great pics as always, Bret.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #2974
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I agree with PIO the music gets me every time.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #2975
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
It's the music that always gets me with WoC. I know it is a whole package thing but I suspect that one of the reason that the Disney movies never get old is the music.

Great pics as always, Bret.
I always enjoy the music during WoC especially the "So Close" song. The classic Disney musics is so amazing to listen and it will never get old to me.

Thank you PiO.

The next post will be up shortly.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #2976
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 12

Day 1  June 28, 2013  Part 12

On our last update, we are now watching the 9pm World of Color show. The show is almost over and we are almost done with the 9pm WoC show. Back to the last part of the show.

Spring Sprite

Pocahontas

Davy Jones

Lilo & Stitch

Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen

The fountains started to shoot out from the garden and startled my aunt

Cant forget about Sorcerer Mickey

And at the end of the show was the World of Color logo

While most of the guests are now leaving the area, I took a few more pictures and started to put my camera equipment away as well as my video camera since I have videotaped the show on my tripod. It is no good to have the tripod with me so I can a steady video of watching WoC when I get home and on my computer or TV.

Just when I was taking my video camera off the tripod, Chris and DM met up with me and my aunt at the area where we watched the show. When we asked them of how they like the show, they were all amazed at how the show was and it was even better in person than seeing it on video. They got the prime spot to watch the show from the 2nd level railing where it was between the two light towers. I was so glad that they had a great time watching WoC and seeing it from that view. I would have watched it from that spot but the spot that my aunt and I watched from the handicapped section was nice as well.

I have showed them clips of WoC from my past trips and I just couldnt show them the rest since we are coming to the DLR.

When I packed all my equipment, we started to head on out of the park with all the other people that were walking on out. But we waited awhile until the crowd level wasnt that bad since my aunt had the ECV.

We went down towards Grizzly Peak right between the Little Mermaid ride as when Magical fireworks was playing at 9:30pm. But everyone needed to use the restroom so I waited with all the bags right by the bathroom while I was watching Magical.

When everyone was finished using the restroom, we started to head on out of the park since we are all tired. It was a long day where we did quite a lot of rides and shows at DCA. So it was time to head on out and get ready for the next day since we plan on doing a lot of rides and shows the next day.

While walking on out of DCA, we were talking about our plans of what we are going to do at DL on Saturday. Chris has been talking about what she wants to do at DL on Saturday and this was going to be a real challenge of how many rides can we do on a busy Saturday during the summertime.

Passing by Condor Flats and it was not that busy that night.

When we were in BVS, Chris wanted to get a dessert before we all head on out of the park, so I told her that a place to have a dessert in BVS was Clarabelles Hand-Scooped Ice Cream.

Before we head on in, my aunt asked me if I want to get my Dole Whip Soft Serve at DL. But than we had to go over to DL and get it and everyone was tired from that night. But Chris said that she has no problem going on over to DL to get a Dole Whip with me. She also told me that we had to get something for her sister at DL that night. I remember that her sister told us that she wanted to get the Lone Ranger souvenir shoe cup at the Golden Horseshoe at DL. It just came out and it is very popular to the guests. So Chris and I had a reason to go on over to DL that night.

She will get a Dole Whip Soft Serve with me and get the souvenir cup at DL while the two of us are at DL. My aunt and DM decided to go back to the room. So we all head on out of the park.

When we exited DCA and back at the Esplanade, my aunt and DM had to go over to the Wheelchair Rental area to drop off the ECV while Chris and I head on over to DL just to get a Dole Whips and the Lone Ranger souvenir cup.

I didnt take too many pictures while we were in DL that night since Chris and I were talking about WoC and what to do on Saturday at DL. She was getting excited that she couldnt stop talking. It is always nice to talk to my cousin and especially about the DLR.

Since she had the 3 day park hopper ticket, she is able to get into DL that night. There were a lot of people that was entering DL after coming from DCA that night. Just around that time, Magical fireworks was already over and the guests over at DL are leaving the park. So it was going to be busy when we walk in MS and towards our destination at Adventureland.

We walked in DL and we head on over towards Adventureland to get a Dole Whip that night. I didnt know what I wanted to get that night until we got to the Tiki Juice Bar. MS was a little busy that night where most of the people in the area are leaving the park.

We got on over to the Tiki Juice Bar and there was a long line. Since the two of us was in DL, I waited in the line while Chris went on over towards the Adventureland Bazaar store. Since we are close to the Mercantile store, we will be heading on over to that store to see the merchandise which has the new Lone Ranger merchandise.

It took me about 10 minutes to get through that line to get a Dole Whip Float. Chris joined up with me at the queue and we got two Dole Whip floats. Mostly I dont get the float when I am at the Tiki Juice Bar which I get the Soft Serve. But I get the float for my aunt BF ever since the January trip and I have been getting it for her ever since the January trip. The float is very nice but I would still prefer the whip since it get me more ice cream while you get about half with the float.

Our floats when we got at the Tiki Juice Bar and while Chris and I were in the Pioneer Mercantile store to look for the souvenir cup.

After getting the floats, we head on over to the Pioneer Mercantile store to find the Lone Ranger souvenir boot cup. But when we got there, we didnt see the cup and we asked the CMs in the store if they have the cup. We were told that it was being sold at the Golden Horseshoe and Stage Door Cafť. I than realized that she was right that it was available at the Golden Horseshoe or Stage Door Cafť.

Lone Ranger Merchandise at the Pioneer Mercantile Store

So we head on over towards the Golden Horseshoe and Stage Door Cafť to get the cup. While we were walking down on over to the restaurants, the 10:30pm show of Fantasmic! was going on. Chris and I were talking about our plans of where to see F! on Saturday. Her mom and her family that went to DL in the past like to watch the show from the dining seating area at the Riverbelle Terrace. I have never experienced that spot but I have heard that it is a nice place to get a seat to see the show but the view is not that great with the people that are walking during the show. Well see that night where we will watch Fantasmic! from.

When we got on over to the Stage Door Cafť, we asked the CMs to see if they have any and they told us that they were sold out. We were a little bummed that they didnt have any since they told us that it is so popular that they are selling a lot each day. But we were told that the new shipment can come any day and they told us to come back and see if they have it. I didnt get my hopes up to high if they have the cup at the restaurant.

So we head on out of the park since we got the Dole Whip floats. Chris and I were talking on the way out of the park and enjoying the floats. It was a nice night where we could have stayed in DL and do some rides but we were tired from that day after the long drive to SoCal.

We walked on out of the park and it was around 11pm when we left DL and back to Best Western Park Place Inn to meet up with my aunt and DM. We got back at the room and called it for the night and we all went to bed around midnight that night. Chris and DM had to get a lot of rest since they will be going to DL first thing Saturday morning since they have a Magic Morning day at DL where they can enter the park one hour early before DL opens at 8am. My aunt didnt want to get up that early and she told me that she will be with me when we go to the park that morning. This concludes our first day at the DLR.

The first day of the trip was a wild one where we left Sacramento at midnight on Friday and I mostly drove all the way until we got in town around 6am which was really fast. We had breakfast at IHOP on Harbor Blvd which was nice.

Our first park visit was DCA where DM and Chris were looking forward after the expansion plan is all completed. They havent been to the DLR since 2009 which a lot of things have changed ever since their last visit. We did quite a lot of rides and shows that day which was quite impressive with the summer crowds. But on that first day, it didnt seem that crowded as I have thought at a 10/10 at DCA. It almost seemed like an 8/10 which was not that bad with all the wait times on the rides.

Chris and I got to go on a lot of rides that was on her list and the only one that we didnt do that day which was on her list was Radiator Springs Racers and Toy Story Midway Mania. Those two rides wait times were in the 45+ minute wait time and we do plan on going on those rides during another part of the day. I got to go on some rides that I havent ridden in quite a long time like Grizzly River Run. Mostly I dont go on that ride since it is a wet ride and I have my equipment with me and feared that it will get wet. But since Chris wanted to go on the ride and we had my aunt and DM, it was a nice opportunity to go on the ride. Even though we got wet (which is expected unless you get lucky) it was fun to go on GRR.

We got to see Aladdin a Musical Spectacular which was nice to see again and get to see the 9pm World of Color show which is so amazing to watch. Chris and DM were so excited to see it in person and it was worth doing the WoC dining experience where they get to see the show in one of the prime spots while my aunt and I watched it from a different area where I normally dont see the show in the handicapped section right in the middle of the viewing area.

For our meals, we got to eat at Ariels Grotto for dinner and this time we did the WoC dining package which was a good thing that my aunt reserved since it got Chris and DM a great spot to watch the show instead of my usual spot. The food at AG was nice even though my aunt said that her Cioppino dish was not as good as the January trip, she was glad that she had the Cioppino that night. I tried something different which was the herb crusted chicken which was good. We also got to eat at the Cozy Cone Motel which my aunt wanted to get the Chili Cone Queso since the January trip.

Now the first part of our trip is done and we are really looking forward to going to DL the next day where we will get plenty of rests and do a lot of rides and shows. Going to DL on Saturday was something I was looking forward to this trip since there was a new show that just started at DL and I have been looking forward to seeing it. This concludes Friday the 28th and on to the next day which is the 29th of Saturday in June.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #2977
PrincessInOz
in

That's a great first day and your shots of WoC never gets old to look at. Neither does the dole whip float. I'm counting down towards being able to get those!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 07-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #2978
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great action-packed first day! Too bad about the Lone Ranger cup. I hope you were able to get one the next day.

Your pictures of WOC were great!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:42 AM   #2979
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's a great first day and your shots of WoC never gets old to look at. Neither does the dole whip float. I'm counting down towards being able to get those!
It was a great first day at DCA. Mostly we would do DL first but since we had dinner at AG that night it was a good idea to start at DCA before DL. I mostly would go to DL first but they wanted to see Cars Land and see World of Color that night so we chose to go there first. WoC will never get old and I will still watch it during any trips to the DLR. But I might not be able to see WoC during the August trip since most of our time will be at the Anaheim Convention Center for the D23 Expo. The Dole Whip float is something that I will get every time during the trip unless I want the soft serve. I will be looking forward to hear about your adventures in SoCal and Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great action-packed first day! Too bad about the Lone Ranger cup. I hope you were able to get one the next day.

Your pictures of WOC were great!
Thank you TK. The Lone Ranger Boot Mug is so popular at the Golden Horseshoe and Stage Door Cafe that we were unable to get it that Friday night.

Glad you are enjoying the pictures of WoC. The view that I took that night were not that bad but I would still prefer the blue section where the fire hydrant spot. Maybe one day I will try that spot where Chris and DM watched the show that night.

The next post will be up shortly.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #2980
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 1

Day 2  June 29, 2013  Part 1

On our last update, my family were in DCA on Friday night watching the 9pm World of Color show and later that night Chris and I went on over to DL to get a Dole Whip. We also went to find the Lone Ranger souvenir cup but there wasnt anything available that night. It was a good first day at DL and now we are getting ready for the 2nd day of the trip which is the most important one.

Now it was Saturday the 29th. This was a big day for Chris and DM since they are getting up early so they can head on over to DL for Magic Morning. Since I dont have MM and my aunt doesnt want to get up that early, Chris and DM went to the park. So my aunt and I slept in a little longer until it was time to head on over to DL and meet up with them. It was around 6:30am when they left the room while my aunt and I were still sleeping.

It was around 7:15am when the two of us got up and we got dressed and packed all of our stuff for that morning and afternoon at DL. It was going to be a warm day in the high 80s which is not that bad after hearing from my friends in Sacramento that it will be in the mid 100s. Talk about a big difference in the weather from NorCal and SoCal.

The two of us left Best Western Park Place Inn around 8am and we head on over towards the DLR. When we left the room and walking down towards the Esplanade, it was a very nice morning where there were barely any clouds.

Just before we walked down the crosswalk on Harbor Blvd, my aunt text DM to see where they were and they were riding the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. Mark VII Monorail Orange was passing by.

A look at the Lone Ranger steam engine prop.

Just when we got to the security check point, there was a long line to get into the Esplanade that morning.

It only took 5 minutes to get through the security check point which wasnt that bad as it looks from the picture. I have waited way longer to go through the security check point which almost took 10+ minutes which was crazy.

After passing through the security check point, my aunt and I head on over towards the Strollers & Wheelchairs rental area to get the ECV for my aunt. She needed the ECV so she can get through the whole day at the park.

When she got the ECV, we head on over to DL to meet up with Chris and DM. We went towards the turnstile right by the Strollers & Wheelchairs rental area.

When we entered DL, we texted Chris and DM of where they were. They told us that they were over at Tomorrowland riding the Autopia. So my aunt and I head on over towards TL to meet up with them. While we were walking down MS, it was not that crowded that morning.

I forgot that DL was all decorated for 4th of July week.

I like to get a picture of the Matterhorn from MS. But my favorite spot to get a picture of the Matterhorn is from TL. For the DISers that have followed my past trip reports know that seeing the Matterhorn from the TL is a great spot.

When my aunt and I got in TL, we head on over towards the Autopia. But before we head over in that direction to meet up with them, I got my aunt PH ticket and head on over towards Space Mountain to get FP. I didnt know if Chris and DM got FPs for Space Mountain and since we havent used our ticket and AP yet, it was a good idea to get FPs for Chris and me later that day.

When I got on over towards Space Mountain, the FP return time was alredy to 9:25am to 10:25am that morning and the wait time was already at 25 minutes that morning. So there is no way we will ride Space in the standard wait time.

When I got the FP, I head on over towards the Autopia to meet up with my aunt. She was right at the stroller area close to the exit of the Autopia. Chris and DM were on the Autopia, so I walked up close to the exit queue and hope to see Chris and DM on the track. Just a few minutes, I saw Chris and I tried to get her attention and she didnt even see me. But I did get her when she was driving her car.

After getting a picture of Chris, I went back to my aunt and we waited for them to exit the ride. Just a couple of minutes they came off the Autopia and we talked to each other of how Chris and DM day went for the first hour during MM. During MM, they did a lot of rides that morning. They told us that they rode Alice in Wonderland, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Peter Pan twice, & Pinocchios Daring Journey which is a lot of rides that morning and when MM was over, they went on the Autopia. They did quite a lot of rides that morning which was nice to hear that they took advantage of MM that morning. They said that it wasnt that busy that morning where they could have done more rides that morning. But the intense rides they didnt do since DM cant do rides like Space Mountain, Star Tours and the Matterhorn.

When we started too walked down TL, we saw Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. Chris has been bragging about her mom being the best in her family when it comes to BLAB. She told me that she will be a good competition to me when we ride BLAB. I took on the challenge of DM on BLAB. So the four of us headed on over to BLAB.

BLAB wait time was a walk-on that morning and we got immediately. The outside of BLAB could use a little magic touch up since the paint is peeling off on the building and it was dirty. Hopefully TDA will do some touch ups to BLAB in the future since it could use it.

Since my aunt had the ECV, we went towards the handicapped are right at the exit of the ride. DM and I rode together while my aunt and Chris rode together.

During the ride, I didnt pay attention to the score and just kept shooting and shooting at the specific targets. The ride didnt slow down for any handicapped people but I was able to hit the targets during the ride.

When it was over, I saw that I got 704,000 points which is a very nice score and DM got 80,300. I didnt want to brag or say anything about the score. When I looked at my aunt and Chris scores Chris got 75,200 point while my aunt got 126,700 points which was a nice score. So I was first in the group while my aunt was 2nd for riding it for the first time, DM 3rd and Chris 4th.

After the ride, I was impressed with my aunt for getting a nice score on BLAB. Chris cant believe that she was last and her mom didnt get a high score over my aunt. Chris asked me about the targets and I did tell them in advance which targets to hit during the ride which was the triangles and diamonds. We head on over to the computer screens to send our pictures to our emails.

After we got off BLAB, we saw that Star Tours wait time was only 10 minutes and Chris and I head on over to ST. My aunt and DM didnt want to ride ST since it is an intense ride.

This was Chris first time riding the updated version of ST ever since it opened in 2011. So she was excited to go on this ride. I told her that the ride is completely different and not the same. She knew that there are 54 variants of the ride. She knew about it since she goes on the websites and reads about the DLR.

When we were in the queue of ST, I had to get pictures since it is very interesting to go through the queue.

The Starspeeder 1000

C3PO and R2D2

Going through the security check-point

Now we were waiting to board our flight.

During our trip, we were in the Rebel Hanger and stopped by the Stormtroopers. I wanted to get the Darth Vader scene but we didnt get it so we settled for the Stormtroopers instead. After escaping the Empire, we jump into lightspeed and we were at the planet Hoth. We were in the middle of the battle between the Rebels and Imperial AT-ATs. After leaving the planet, we got a transmission from Master Yoda to deliver the Spy safely. We head on over to our next planet which was Geonosis and the Death Star uncomplete. We were being chased by the bounty hunter Boba Fett and chased by Darth Vader. After being in Geonosis for a while, we jump to lightspeed and met up with the Rebel fleet and safely delivered the Rebel Spy.

After getting off the Starspeeder 1000, Chris was excited that the new Star Tour was even better with the different ride experiences. The 3D glasses just made the ride even better. Before the ride, I was hoping to get the Darth Vader scene which we didnt and was hoping to get the Tatooine scene with the Podrace. We got Yoda which was one of them that I was hoping for. Even though we got the Geonosis scene, I was hoping to get the Naboo scene. But overall, Chris had a great time riding the new Star Tour ride.

After getting off Star Tours, it was time to use our FPs for Space Mountain. Chris and DM got FPs before the park opened at 8am that morning and so we used their FPs instead of mine. But mine wasnt until 9:25am where Chris and DM were 8:45am. So we had some time to ride it and possibly go back on it later that morning. The two of us head on over toward Space Mountain while my aunt and DM waited right in between Star Tours and BLAB.

Looking at the wait time, it was still at 25 minutes in the standby while getting a FP is till 10:10am to 11:10am.

It didnt took that long for us to pass by the standby queue while walking through the FP queue.

We only had to wait about 10 minutes to get on Space Mountain which was a nice time to get on the ride with the FPs. I brought my camera since it is not a wet ride and it was going to be difficult to videotape in the dark.

We were lucky to get the front of the ride and we both enjoyed the ride. Here is a picture of us while riding Space Mountain.

After we got off Space Mountain and got our picture while riding Space Mountain, we head on back towards my aunt and DM. When we met up with them, my aunt was starting to get hungry and she had to have something to eat. So we talked about what restaurants to eat while we were in DL. There was one restaurant that we all talked about before the trip but we didnt want to eat at that restaurant since there wasnt too much of a choice during breakfast. I wont say which restaurant we are thinking about unless you read during my live updates of where we ate that morning.

This will be it for that Saturday morning and you will find out on the next update where we had breakfast that morning.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 07-23-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #2981
PrincessInOz
in

Seems like your family got on a heap of rides with MM.

I'm hoping to get on Star Tours a couple of time on this trip. My DH and DS have not been on the revamped ride yet and I have a feeling they are going to LOVE the upgrade.

It looks like you had great weather on this day and MS looks lovely with the American buntings out. Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #2982
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great installment to your trip report. What a beautiful day. It seemed like the yellow vehicle on Mainstreet was leaning to the right at the start of your post. It's great that the two MM family members could get on a few rides before you and your DA arrived.

I was smiling as your aunt thougth she'd be good competition for you on Buzz. She was much better competition than I would be. Bret I'd be asking you to help me and your score would suffer. You ROCKED your score! Brag worthy for sure! I'd like you to give me pointers before our December trip so I score more than 5,000.

Star Tours is SO much better since the refurbishment. I like the Vader scene too. I hope you were able to go again on your trip.

I just loved your ride picture on SM!

I'm thinking River Belle Terrace for breakfast. I'll have to wait and find out with your next post!

Thank you for taking the time to post about your adventures. I really enjoy your reports.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #2983
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Seems like your family got on a heap of rides with MM.

I'm hoping to get on Star Tours a couple of time on this trip. My DH and DS have not been on the revamped ride yet and I have a feeling they are going to LOVE the upgrade.

It looks like you had great weather on this day and MS looks lovely with the American buntings out. Thanks for sharing.
Chris and DM did get to ride a lot of rides that morning and Chris and I got to ride a lot of rides thanks to the morning where I always try to take advantage when the park is not that busy as well as the fast passes.

Your DH and DS will love the revamped Star Tours ride. Adding the 3D glasses makes the experience even better and you don't know what adventures you will be getting when riding it.

The weather was very nice where days it can be cloudy in the morning. That day was very nice and it was warm in the afternoon.

Thank you PiO for reading my trip reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great installment to your trip report. What a beautiful day. It seemed like the yellow vehicle on Mainstreet was leaning to the right at the start of your post. It's great that the two MM family members could get on a few rides before you and your DA arrived.

I was smiling as your aunt thougth she'd be good competition for you on Buzz. She was much better competition than I would be. Bret I'd be asking you to help me and your score would suffer. You ROCKED your score! Brag worthy for sure! I'd like you to give me pointers before our December trip so I score more than 5,000.

Star Tours is SO much better since the refurbishment. I like the Vader scene too. I hope you were able to go again on your trip.

I just loved your ride picture on SM!

I'm thinking River Belle Terrace for breakfast. I'll have to wait and find out with your next post!

Thank you for taking the time to post about your adventures. I really enjoy your reports.
Thank you TK. The day was very nice and it got warmer that afternoon. The yellow horseless carriage vehicle was moving closer to the middle so the vehicle wouldn't hit the guests walking down MS where there were a lot of people. It was good that Chris and DM were able to go to DL during MM and doing a lot of rides.

Chris was making a big deal out of her mom being so good on BLAB where she is the best in the family. It was my cousin that was hyping it up and I just do what I usually do on BLAB and hit the targets which are the most. My aunt really did a good job on BLAB for her first time. I will be glad tohelp you on BLAB when before your trip to the DLR in December. Just pm me and I will help you with BLAB.

The easiest tip to give to anyone on BLAB is to go for the triangle and diamonds targets. Focus on those targets which they are worth the most. Triangles are worth 10,000 points and diamonds are worth 5,000 points. I did say before in the past that there is a secret target on the ride which is the first Zurg AA which there is a small dot on his chest. It is very hard to see but there is a small black dot on his chest where if the gun hits the target, it is worth 100,000 points. It is very hard to hit and mostly the gun doesn't light up when I hit that target. Hope this helps.

Star Tours is way better and it is fun to ride. I haven't ride it a lot ever since the AP preview back in 2011. It is always fun to ride with someone who can go on this ride like my cousin. My aunt, DM or my DA (that goes with me to DL a lot) would not even go on that ride.

Glad you like that pose picture on Space Mountain.

You will find out on the next post shortly.

Glad you are enjoying this trip report and thank you TK for following along my trip reports for all these years.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #2984
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 2

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 2

On our last update, Chris and DM went to DL early that morning for Magic Morning and they did quite a lot of rides. My aunt and I came to the park later that day to meet up with them since I didnít have a MM since I am an annual passholder and she didnít want to go to the park that early. When we met up with each other, we rode a few rides like Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. Chris and I rode Star Tour and Space Mountain that morning. Now everyone was starting to get hungry so we head on over to breakfast but where?

Just when we got off Space Mountain and met up with my aunt and DM. Everyone was hungry that morning and since we were in DL, we thought it was nice to have breakfast in the park.

When Chris and I were riding Space Mountain and Star Tours, DM went on over towards Critter Country to get FPís for Splash Mountain. We did give my AP and Chris PH ticket so she could get FPís for Splash. Chris favorite ride at DL is Splash Mountain and she was going to be excited to go on it that day. It was going to be hot that day but in the morning time it was very nice where we didnít have to ride it. But Chris wants to ride it as many times as possible. Our return time was around 10:10am to 11:10am so we had plenty of time to eat and go to Critter Country to ride Splash Mountain.

Before the trip, my aunt and I were talking about all the different restaurants that serve breakfast at the park from the quick counters to the sit downs. When she looked at all the menus of all the restaurants at the DLR, she was not impressed with the selections for her. So when we got to Anaheim on Friday morning, we chose to eat at IHOP over the parks restaurants since they have more of a selection. She thought about eating at Dennyís, Mimiís, or any of the off-site restaurants since they have better selections. But since we were in the park and didnít want to leave, so we talked about the possible restaurants to choose from. I told her that the sit down restaurants were Carnation Cafť & Plaza Inn which was Minnie & Friends character breakfast. The quick counters were the River Belle Terrace and Tomorrowland Terrace. She didnít like the choices from the River Belle Terrace and TL Terrace so the other choices were CC or PI. So we walked down on MS to choose between those two restaurants of which place to have breakfast.

We walked down MS and we concluded that we will eat at Carnation Cafť. I havenít eaten at CC in a long time especially during breakfast which is the last time I have eaten at CC. It was around 2004 since I have last eaten at CC. It has been a long time since I have eaten at CC. Since everyone was hungry and they didnít like the other choices to eat, we head on over to CC to have breakfast. I was just worried of how long we would have to wait at CC since we didnít make a reservation. Waiting times can take about 10 to 15 minutes of how busy the restaurant is but Chris wanted to eat at CC.

While walking down MS, it was not that busy where some guests are coming in the park.

We got to Carnation Cafť and we head on inside the new check-in area which is the former Blue Ribbon Bakery. Now the check-in is inside.

When we went to the check-in podium, there was a little wait time of around 10 minutes which is not bad. The CM asked if we want to have breakfast inside or outside. My aunt chose the inside and we had to wait awhile to get a seat. So we just waited inside until we are called and get our seat.

While we were waiting, we were all talking about the day and what to do next after breakfast. I donít want to tell everyone what we will do later since it will ruin what we will do later that day.

DM and aunt

I had to get the lamp inside the Carnation Cafť which looked very interesting

We only had to wait about 8 minutes until our pager buzzed us and it was time to be seated inside the former Blue Ribbon Bakery building.

Our table was just behind the podium and the dining area was very well decorated.

We looked at the menu of what they have for breakfast and there was something my aunt would have that morning.

After we ordered our food, we kept talking about Chris and DM that morning when they attended MM. Chris had a blast that morning where she and DM got to go on a lot of rides in FL & TL. They were glad that they had a MM so they would be able to go on rides like PP where the wait time will be in the 30+ in the afternoon.

Our waitress brought our food and it was time for breakfast.

I had the Mickey-Shaped Waffle served with Chicken-Apple Sausage.

Chris and DM shared a plate together which they got Oscarís Choice: All-American Breakfast. The eggs were scrambled with Cafť Breakfast Potatoes and with Hickory-smoked Bacon which was on a separate plate.

My aunt got the Huevos Rancheros with Corn Tortillas, Poached Eggs, Jack Cheese, and Fire-roasted Salsa served with Avocado-Black Bean Pico de Gallo.

When we ate, the Mickey-shaped waffle dish that I ordered is exactly the same shape Mickey waffle that I have at my house. I wanted to try something different instead of the Oscarís Choice: All American Breakfast since I had a similar dish when we ate at IHOP on Friday. So I went with the Mickey-shaped waffle dish and it was very nice. The chicken-apple sausage was very nice as well. When I asked everyone about their dishes my aunt was not impressed with the Huevos Rancheros dish. The dish was fine but it wasnít that amazing.

After we finished eating at Carnation Cafť, we started to do some rides and get some FPís for that day. DM wanted to go on Indiana Jones ride and so we head on over to Adventureland to get FPís for Indy.

While walking on over to Indy, I have to get different pictures while walking down the path towards Adventureland. The park was getting a little busy that morning where it was going to be a busy day at DL.

While walking down in Adventureland, Chris told me about the lamps which are very neat and interesting to look at right close to the Enchanted Tiki Room.

The Adventureland Bazaar store

So the four of us headed on over to Indiana Jones to get FPís

Our return time was at 11:15am to 12:15pm which was a nice time when we got the FPís around 10:37am.

After getting the FPís for Indy, we head on over towards Critter Country so Chris and I could ride Splash Mountain. DM and my aunt were not willing to ride Splash so it was going to be me and Chris riding Splash Mountain.

Passing by Indiana Jones ride

We were now in New Orleans Square by the Rivers of America and it was semi busy that afternoon where we are heading on over to CC to use the FPís for Splash Mountain.

Pirates of the Caribbean wait time was around in the 10 minute wait time which is common for that ride before noon. We thought about riding it while we were passing by it but we had to use the FPís for Splash before it expired at 11:10am that afternoon.

Now passing by the Haunted Mansion

We are now close to Critter Country and the wait time for Splash Mountain was at 30 minutes in the standby queue. So Chris and I were lucky to get FPís from DM who went all the way over to CC to get FPís for us.

The Critter Country sign which is so interesting to see all those different animals.

The four of us were now in Critter Country and we will be at Splash Mountain shortly. But this will be it for this post and I will have more from DL and at Critter Country.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #2985
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 3

Day 2 Ė June 29, 2013 Ė Part 3

On our last update, we are all at DL that morning on Saturday going on a lot of rides and having breakfast at Carnation Cafť which was nice to have breakfast. DM got Chris and me FPís for Splash Mountain since it is Chris favorite ride at DL. So she was happy that we get to ride Splash Mountain that day. Now we are heading on over to Critter Country to ride Splash Mountain.

We are now entering Critter Country so Chris and I could ride Splash Mountain. The wait time around that time was already at 30 minutes in the standby queue. Good thing that DM got FPís at that time. It wasnít that busy that in CC.

Getting a FP around that time that we passed by the FP distribution area is from 11:30am to 12:30pm which is a nice time to ride Splash Mountain.

When we got to the entrance to Splash Mountain, Chris and I gave our bags to my aunt and DM. While they are waiting, they decide that they will ride Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh while they are waiting for Chris and me. I didnít bring my DSLR camera on Splash Mountain but I did brought my video camera with me during the ride since I know that Chris will want a video of riding Splash Mountain.

I thought about uploading the video on Youtube and showing everyone during our ride experience but when I looked at the video, there were parts of the ride that were blurry. It is very hard to get a clear video during the dark parts of the ride.

We only had to wait 5 minutes to get through the FP queue and get on the ride. Most of the 5 minutes were almost walking through the FP queue and we boarded almost immediately on Splash Mountain. During the ride experience, we did get wet a few times. The most wasnít from the big drop on Splash but the small drops during the ride. Luckily my camera didnít get wet but we did get our pants wet on the ride.

We were in the back while riding Splash Mountain and Chris was blocked from the picture during the ride. You can barely see me in the background.

Chris always enjoy riding Splash Mountain every time she is at the DLR. She has to go on it no matter what even during the winter season where it is cold. She really wanted to ride in the front instead of sitting in the back of the log. Maybe we will be able to get the front next time when we ride Splash again later during the trip.

When we got off Splash and met up with my aunt and DM. They rode Winnie the Pooh ride and they had a fun time riding it. Just when we were about to leave Critter Country, DM told us that we should use the last set of FPís for Splash Mountain since we are in the area. Chris wanted to go back on Splash Mountain and I went along with going back on Splash since we had FPís to use.

So the two of us went back on Splash Mountain using the FPís and we just made it in time of using the FPís by 5 minutes. That was cutting it close but we were able to get to use the FPís. It took us about 7 minutes this time to get through the queue and towards the loading area. But we waited a while since Chris wants to be in the front of Splash Mountain. We were able to get our request and we were in the front while riding Splash Mountain. Chris was happy and glad that she was happy.

During the ride, Chris got wet a few times during the ride while I did get wet a couple of times. We got wet mostly from the big drop.

I forgot to mention while we were riding Splash Mountain and seeing all the different Audio Animatronics, there were some AAís that werenít working. Most of them were on the showboat during the ride. Chris was a little disappointed that some of the AAís on Splash was not working during the ride especially during the peak season.

When we got off, we got to look at our picture and this time you can see us having a blast on Splash Mountain.

After riding Splash Mountain, we met up with my aunt and DM. We were a little soaked after riding Splash Mountain for the 2nd time in a row. Chris was happy that we got to ride Splash for a 2nd time.

Now that we finished Splash Mountain, my aunt wanted to ride Pirates of the Caribbean. I thought about telling my aunt that we should ride PotC later since it is a fast loading ride. But she wanted to go on PotC and the wait time to get on the ride was only 15 minutes which was not that bad. So we head on over towards NOS and ride PotC.

The day was really nice where it wasnít that busy for now at DL and the weather was warm and not hot yet.

When we were now in NOS, my aunt feet were bothering her and she didnít want to stand while in the standby queue for PotC. So we went towards the alleyway of NOS to the exit of PotC where it is the location for the handicapped people.

When we got inside PotC exit area, there was a long line of handicapped people waiting to get on PotC. I was shocked to see all those people in the handicapped line just to get on PotC. I asked everyone if they wanted to leave the area and possibly go in the standby queue for PotC since I knew that it was going to be over 30 minutes to get on the ride while waiting in the handicapped line. My aunt was willing to see how fast it goes so we waited a while in the handicapped line.

While waiting in the handicapped line to get on PotC, we were about half way and we waited about 15 minutes.

My aunt told us that this is taking too long and we should have went through the standby queue to ride PotC. While we were in the queue, our FPís for Indy were almost about to expire. So we had a choice to make of leaving PotC where we wasted 15 minutes to get on the ride or leave PotC to get on Indy and use the FPís. Everyone agreed that we should leave since the wait time in the handicapped section was just ridiculous. At least we know that when my aunt and I come back to the DLR in her ECV, we will never go through the handicapped queue to ride PotC since it will take even longer to get through than the standby line. I remember during our WDW trip in last year in October/November with my aunt who she came along where we waiting to get on Itís a Small World in the handicapped line and we waited 20 minutes to get on while getting on IASW from the standby line was only 5 minutes. I will always remember never to ride IASW or PotC through the handicapped line since it will take longer to get through the handicapped over the standby line.

After we bailed on PotC from the handicapped line, we raced on over to Adventureland to ride Indiana Jones Adventure.

When we got to Indiana Jones Adventure, I knew that we had to go towards the exit of the ride since going through the regular queue is too small for a wheelchair or ECV. So we didnít need the FPís to ride Indy. I made a second mistake that day where I mostly donít make too many mistakes that you donít need a FPís for Indy.

When we went towards the exit to ride Indy, we only had to wait about 15 minutes to get on Indy. Since we had the ECV, my aunt had to get off the ECV and do some walking. But she was able to walk while getting on Indy. I didnít take any pictures on Indy since I was videotaping the ride for them.

When we finished riding Indy, my aunt was shocked of how intense the ride was. The Enhanced Motion Vehicle or (EMV for short) was a little too intense for her but she was able to go on the ride. She told us that she will never ride it again when she come back and she told me to remind her never to ride it when we go back.

After getting off Indy, it was getting a little warm and since we were in Adventureland it was time for a quick snack. So we head on over towards the Tiki Juice Bar to get a Dole Whip. I know that I had one the other night which was the float, but I just canít stop thinking about getting one. Chris was going to share one with DM and my aunt canít eat pineapple.

Over at the Tiki Juice Bar, the wait time was not that bad and we only had to wait about 5 minutes to get a Dole Whip. I got the Dole Whip Soft Serve since I had the float the other night and wanted more ice cream. Chris got the float and she shared with DM.

After we got our Dole Whipís, I wanted to see Mickey and the Magical Map show at the Fantasyland Theater ever since it debut in late May. I wasnít able to see the show during my May trip since it wasnít open. So I wanted to see the show at the FL Theater. I havenít seen any video of Mickey and the Magical Map since I wanted to see it in person before seeing it on video. The next show as 12:45pm and we had some time to make it over to FL and to the Theater to see the 12:45pm show. So we head on over to the FL Theater.

DL was getting a little busy that afternoon but it wasnít that busy while walking on over to the FL Theater.

Sleeping Beauty Castle looks great during anytime of the day but I still prefer to see it at night where it is amazing.

During the walk on over to FL Theater, we saw Alison and the Mad Hatter walking on over towards the Castle.

The White Rabbit is passing us as well while walking

Seeing the Matterhorn while coming from the Main Street Hub

It took us about 8 minutes to get to the Fantasyland Theater and we made it with about 3 minutes to go until it was 12:45pm. I was surprised that we made it in time for the 12:45pm show. We were on the right hand side in the viewing area. I didnít take too many pictures of the new FL Theater since I had the Dole Whip in my hand.

We got to our seats and it was almost time for the 12:45pm show. I didnít want to videotape the show since I could watch it on Youtube. So I used my DSLR for the show. I also donít have a tripod so videotaping the show will be wobbling. The best thing was to use the DSLR. It was a good thing that I used the DSLR over the video camera. I was so excited to see the show for the first time and be in the FL in a very long time. I havenít been to the FL Theater during the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire years. The last time I at in the FL Theater was during Snow White: An Enchanting Musical back in 2004. It has been almost 10 years since I have watched a show in the FL Theater. Even today ever since we got back from the DLR trip, I watch Youtube videos of Mickey and the Magical Map.

Here are pictures from Mickey and the Magical Map 12:45pm show.

The wise sorcerer yen Sid

Talking Apprentice Mickey with a paint brush

Thatís it for this post since I am out of pictures for this post but I will have more pictures and my experience of watching Mickey and the Magical Map.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: