Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #2941
MarbleBob
DIS Veteran

Cool!!!! Thanks so much for sharing that information, it's exactly the kind of stuff that I was hoping for
Trip Reports: (In Progress) Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho. It's off to the Grand Floridian We Go! (6/2014) | Back to the Drawing Board - Missouri to Disneyland (10/2013) | A visit to Walt's Happy Place - Marceline, MO (9/2012)

1981 Off Property, 1988 CBR, 1998 CBR (Honeymoon!!!), 2002 POFQ, 2003 Poly, 2005 WL, 2006 POP, 2007 WL, 2009 ASMo, 2009 POFQ, 2010 WL, 2010 DCL Wonder, 2010 DLR HOJO, 2010 PORS, 2011 off property, 2011 Bonnet Creek (DISApalooza 2011), 2012 DCL Dream, 2013 Disneyland Hotel, 2014 Grand Floridian

MarbleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #2942
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 2

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 2

On the last update, my aunt, cousin Chris, DM and I got to SoCal around 6am in the morning after driving most of the night. We were able to get our room that morning which was a shocker to all of us. We had breakfast at IHOP before we entered the park that morning. After finishing breakfast, we head on over to the DLR. Before we went in the park, we stopped to get an ECV for my aunt. Then we head on over to DCA that morning. Chris and I rode Soarin while my aunt and DM got FPís for World of Color. Now we are riding the Little Mermaid ride. Letís get back to the Little Mermaid ride where I have left off.

We are back riding the Little Mermaid Arielís Undersea Adventure. I have ridden the Little Mermaid ride ever since it opened in 2011. This was Chris and DM first time riding it while my aunt rode it back in January. The ride had a few changes over the first two years which the last picture of Ariel where she is dancing during the ďUnder the SeaĒ scene of the ride. Originally her hair was a cone spiral where the updated one is way better than the cone hair style.

Here is a picture of the cone hair style when I rode the Little Mermaid ride before the ride was open in mid June.

Now back with more pictures of the Little Mermaid ride during the June trip.

Flotsam and Jetsam still on top of the cave

Ursula

Ariel and Eric during the ďKiss the GirlĒ scene

Almost at the end of the ride

Sebastian and King Triton

Ariel and Eric

Canít forget about Scuttle at the end of the ride

When we got off the Little Mermaid ride, we got the ECV and since we were in Paradise Pier, we head on over to see what Toy Story Midway Mania wait time was. I didnít check my iPhone to see if it was busy or not but I would have guessed that it was going to be busy that morning.

Chris and DM were impressed with the new look of PP and the viewing area where we will see World of Color that night. When they looked at California Screamin, they asked what happened to the Mickey shape ear look where today it just shows a round circle and saying Paradise Pier. The Mickey shape ears was taken down after the PP refurbishment in 2010. They liked the Mickey shape ears on CS and it doesnít look the same as it used to be.

After looking at CS and Mickeyís Fun Wheel of Doom (which is really called Mickeyís Fun Wheel but on the threads we call it MFWoD by Sherry), we head on over towards the other side of PP to see what the wait times and possibly go on one of the rides that Chris has on her list which is CS and TSMM.

When we got to CS, the wait time was already at 30 minutes. There was no way Chris and I would wait that long for the ride. But just when we were about to pass the ride, DM told us that she got us FP for CS. I asked her how she got them, then I realized that when she got the FPís for WoC she went on over towards PP to get FPís for Chris and me. I was surprised and glad that we can go on CS that Chris has on her list. Chris and I used the FPís for CS and the two of us went on the ride while my aunt and DM waited for us. We hand them our bags and camera equipment so I wouldnít have to worry about it while riding CS.

When we got on CS, we only had to wait 5 minutes to get on the ride and we were at the back of the yellow train. I didnít have my DSLR camera to get the picture of us during the ride, so I used my iPhone to get a picture of it. Chris loves riding CS ever since it opened in 2001 as being one of the original rides at DCA and hasnít change one bit except for the Mickey Ears during the inversion area.

You can barely see Chris and me in the picture.

After we rode CS and met up with my aunt and DM, we walked down the backside of PP to see what other rides to do that day. When we passed by TSMM, the wait time was already at 45 minutes. So we werenít planning on waiting that long to ride TSMM. We plan on riding it on Sunday before we leave that day.

We were now passing by the Games of Boardwalk where it wasnít that busy that morning while around CS and TSMM were quite busy.

We passed by Mickeyís Fun Wheel of Doom and I thought that we should go on it but the wait time for the swinging and non-swinging were quite long that morning at 10 minutes and 20 minutes. So we just skipped it since my aunt doesnít like Ferris Wheel rides.

Now at the area around the Paradise Pier restaurants (Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta and Paradise Garden Grill) which rides like Silly Symphony Swings, Jumpiní Jellyfish and Goofyís Sky School was in the area. Chris asked me if Mulholland Madness was still there and I told her that it was converted from MM to GSS since 2011.

When we were in that area, she wanted to go on that ride and the two of us went on GSS while my aunt and DM waited for us until we got off.

The wait time was only 10 minutes so we waited in the standby queue to ride it. While we were in the queue, we talked about the theme change from Mulholland Madness to Goofyís Sky School. The theme was way better over MM. We had fun riding GSS where it was a short ride.

When we met up with my aunt and DM, we saw most of Paradise Pier and started to head on over towards Cars Land. My aunt has been looking forward to go back to CL since the January trip. It is not for the rides but it is the food. I will get to that later on why she was so excited to be back at CL. We left PP and heading on over to CL.

The day was really nice where it was around in the low 80s that morning. The weather was nice while it wasnít back home in Sacramento where we heard it was in the 90s that morning. That was just crazy that it was already 90 degrees back home.

I got up ahead of them and got a picture of them while we were walking towards CL from PP.

We are almost at CL and I can tell that Chris and DM were excited to see CL for the first time. Chris older sister have been to CL and she told them about how great it is. This was going to be excited for the two of them and my aunt was excited to get a certain food at CL.

That will be it for this post and I will have the next update of we have done that morning at Cars land.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #2943
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

Bret

Loving this new report - your photos are amazing, having just been where you went is bringing back so many happy memories and makes me wish I was there again.

It just shows the difference of having a good camera and knowing what you are doing as our pictures are no where near as good as yours

Its been great, espeically the Fantasmic ones in your previous trip - was able to see heaps more than I could see where we watched the show from - still loved it but its amazing the details we missed that we now see in your photos

I have been able to show the family your photos so they can see better what we went to. So thats wonderful and thank you so much.

It looks like your family are really enjoying being back there.

We were booked into the BWPPI on our trip but there was a problem and they had overbooked so we were moved to BWAI - which was very nice but I was disappointed about not staying at the BWPPI after hearing how much you like it.

Take care

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #2944
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Lovely shots, Bret.

Looks like another great day and you're braver than me. CS is one of those rides that I'm happy to look at....from the bridge.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #2945
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleBob View Post
Cool!!!! Thanks so much for sharing that information, it's exactly the kind of stuff that I was hoping for
Glad the information about Little Tokyo will help you for your upcoming trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
Bret

Loving this new report - your photos are amazing, having just been where you went is bringing back so many happy memories and makes me wish I was there again.

It just shows the difference of having a good camera and knowing what you are doing as our pictures are no where near as good as yours

Its been great, espeically the Fantasmic ones in your previous trip - was able to see heaps more than I could see where we watched the show from - still loved it but its amazing the details we missed that we now see in your photos

I have been able to show the family your photos so they can see better what we went to. So thats wonderful and thank you so much.

It looks like your family are really enjoying being back there.

We were booked into the BWPPI on our trip but there was a problem and they had overbooked so we were moved to BWAI - which was very nice but I was disappointed about not staying at the BWPPI after hearing how much you like it.

Take care
Hi Toni,

Glad that you are enjoying the June trip report. It just begun and the best part of the trip is yet to come. The pictures are always bringing me back a lot of memories and I want to go back.

My Nikon D5100 is a good camera and it does a good job on the pictures. I think my pictures are nice for an average photographer and some of them are getting better and better overtime. I remember that one DISer told me that it doesn't matter how much you put in a camera and it all depends on the photographer. You can even get great pictures with a point and shoot camera and I have seen great pictures on the boards.

F! is a great show and I was fortunate to get good pictures from that night.

Nice to hear that you show your family my photos from my trips and they can see what it feels like when they walk at the parks. That's why I like taking pictures of the trails that I walked when I am at the park to remember the times where I walked and what I did during the trip so I can write up my trip report and tell where we went and done that day.

My family is having a great time that morning at DCA and it is only the beginning of the trip.

I'm sorry that BWPPI was overbooked and you weren't able to stay there. BWAI is a very nice hotel which is just a couple of buildings down from BWPPI. I have stayed at BWAI a lot because there are times when the price for BWPPI was way more than BWAI and it was cheaper to stay at BWAI over BWPPI. You can't be the location at BWPPI which is right at the crosswalk and it is the closest non-Disney hotel to the DLR.

Thank you and glad that you are enjoying the trip report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Lovely shots, Bret.

Looks like another great day and you're braver than me. CS is one of those rides that I'm happy to look at....from the bridge.
Thank you PiO. When I looked at the Little Mermaid pictures, they weren't as good like the one's that I took during the January trip. I used the 18-105mm lens during the ride and some of them turned out nice while some of them turned out blurry. I did left the filter on the lens when I took the pictures during the ride. Maybe I should have taken it off since we were in a dark ride. But overall the pictures were okay and not my best one's that I have took on the LM ride. Next time, I will do it differently with settings while using the 18-105mm lens.

Mostly I would not ride CS when I am at the parks but I was brave enough to go on the ride with Chris. At least CS is low intense than Rock n Roller Coaster at DHS where it has three inversions. I do enjoy looking at CS from the bridge especially with the launching area of the ride.

The next post will be up shortly.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #2946
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 3

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 3

On our last update, we were all at Paradise Pier riding the Little Mermaid Arielís Undersea Adventure plus Chris and I got to ride California Screamin and Goofyís Sky School. It was a nice day at Disney California Adventure where it was a sunny day. It was a shame that we couldnít ride Toy Story Midway Mania that morning since the ride wait time was over 40 minutes. Now we just left Paradise Pier and now heading on over towards Cars Land. Everyone in my group is so excited to see the new land which is over one year old.

We are now approaching Cars Land after being most of the morning at Paradise Pier. I know that Chris and DM will love the new land that was added last year during the DCA expansion plan ever since 2007. They asked me what was used to be at Cars Land before and I told them that it was originally the Lion King parking lot. My aunt was getting excited to come back to Cars Land and try a specific food that she wanted to eat.

We entered CL or Radiator Springs which is after the town from the Movie ďCarsĒ & ďCars 2Ē, Chris and DM were so amazed of how the buildings look exactly like from the movies. We walked down towards RS and see that it was semi busy that morning.

I told them that maybe Radiator Springs Racers wait time would not be that long and maybe we could wait for as less as 30 minutes to get on the ride. So the four of us head on down to see the wait time for RSR and see if we can get on with little wait time.

Over at the Cozy Cone Motel, I saw that the cone fountain was not running but it is all painted up really nicely. The last time I saw the fountain was when the paint was peeling off the fountain. It is nice to see that Team Disney Anaheim is taking care of Cars Land in less than a year.

When we passed by Town Hall and head on the right hand side towards RSR, the wait time was over 60 minutes that morning. So we knew that we werenít willing to wait that long to ride RSR. So we skipped the ride and decided to leave Cars Land. My aunt told me that she will get her food later that day since it was early and we had a big breakfast at IHOP that morning.

Over at Luigiís Flying Tires, the wait time was over 30 minutes. They were interested about LFT and I told them that the ride was inspired by an old Disneyland attraction in the 60s called ďThe Flying SaucersĒ. My aunt remembered hearing that ride a long time ago since I have told her about it since the January trip. We werenít able to go on LFT in January and maybe we can get on it during this trip.

It is so neat to look at Floís V8 Cafť sign especially at night

We went through the backside of exiting Cars Land towards Pacific Wharf. I love going through this side when you can see Radiator Springs Racers mountains.

We were now in Pacific Wharf and since we were in this land, we went on over towards Boudin Bakery Tour. Chris asked me if Mission Tortilla was still at Pacific Wharf. Unfortunately I told them that it is now gone and it was replaced with Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop. They were sad to hear that it was gone and they were glad that Ghirardelli is now in the parks since they like chocolate.

We went into Boudin Bakery Tour and we learned how they make the bread. We got a couple of samples before we entered the building. We had a little snack that day thanks to the bread samples from Boudin Bakery.

After leaving Boudin Bakery, and we were close to A Bugís Land, my aunt and Chris wanted to see ďItís Tough to be a BugĒ. We saw that show during the January trip so Chris and DM wanted to see that show. So we head on over towards ABL to see ITtbaB.

While walking down, we can tell that the park was getting a little busy that afternoon with more and more people coming in the park. It was also getting a little warmer that morning.

We got to Itís Tough to be a Bug and we went down to see the show. Since it was getting a little warm that morning, it was a good idea to take a little break by going into an A/C building that day. We didnít have to wait that long to get into the building which we only had to wait 5 minutes. Chris and DM were having a great time including my aunt. I was glad that we are having a great first day at DL together.

The show was the same like the last time we saw it in January. But this time, we got the effects from the seats while sitting in the backside since my aunt had the ECV. I do get annoyed by the seats when the show concludes when the bugs are leaving before the people.

After getting outside, they wanted to go ride Monsterís Inc. This is one of the rides that Chris wants to do and with this ride the wait time is not that bad. Mostly Monsterís Inc. is a walk on and I assumed that it was going to be a walk-on even during the summertime. At first it wasnít a big mistake to ride Monsterís Inc if the movie Monsters University didnít come out.

So we head on over towards Hollywood Land to ride Monsterís Inc. the FPís for RSR were already gone when we passed by the FP sign.

Just when we entered Buena Vista Street, the show Red Car News Boys was just concluding at BVS while Mickey was in the Red Car Trolley. Chris got so excited to see the talking Mickey in the Red Car Trolley.

While the Red Car Trolley with Mickey is going down Hollywood Land, we were going down the street towards Hollywood Land to ride Monsterís Inc.

The four of us head on over towards Monsterís Inc on the left hand side going straight right at Mad T Party. HL wasnít that busy at that time and I had a hunch that it wasnít going to be busy to ride Monsterís Inc. Mad T Party is still in DCA and it has been here for over a year replacing ElecTRONica as the last nighttime event at DCA.

When we got to the Monsterís Inc. ride there were quite a number of people going through the queue. I looked at the wait time and it was already at 20 minutes. I was shocked to see the wait time for Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! at 20 minutes. I mostly got on the ride with less than a minute and now it is 20 minutes. It just shows you when a movie is based on the ride, most of the people would go on the ride and experience it. This was a big mistake that I have ever done during the trip of waiting to get on a ride where I could easily get on instantly during a different time of the year. But they wanted to go on the ride since we were in the area. So I just went along with it and we all went on Monsterís Inc.

Just when we were about to go through the queue to Monsterís Inc, Chris saw a very interesting stroller right at the front entrance. When we looked at the stroller, it looked like a Jungle Cruise boat. I was so amazed at the JC stroller for a kid. She was wondering if someone went through all the trouble to make it or there is somewhere that sells it. I would guess that it was a customized stroller. That was the neatest stroller that I have ever seen.

We entered the queue for Monsterís Inc. and what I have feared of going on this ride is that we were still outside instead of inside the ride. This is the first time seeing the queue for Monsterís Inc. so busy. It is nice that it is busy but it wasnít good for us to wait in that queue where we could just walk up and get on the ride.

While we were in the queue, we talked of what to do for the rest of the afternoon until we head on back to the room to rest up and later come back for dinner at Arielís Grotto and see the 9pm show of World of Color.

Monorail Mark VII Orange passing by DCA on itís way to the Downtown Disney station.

Everyone is having a great time even though we were in the queue for Monsterís Inc which is taking some time to go through.

Thatís it for this post from DCA and Monsterís Inc. and I will have more from DCA that Friday.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #2947
PrincessInOz
in

I'm not a fan of the Monsters Inc ride; but I guess the movie has drummed up much more interest in it than before. Hard to believe it's over 10 years since it came out.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 07-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #2948
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great update Bret!
You and your family are having a great day. So special to be able to share DL/DCA with family. You've done so much already. I loved your pictures especially of Cars Land. I too think the Jungle Cruise stroller is the best stroller I've ever seen.

We've always just walked right onto the Monsters, Inc. ride. I give you credit for standing in line. I certainly wouldn't have. (of course my family would be back in Paradise Pier waiting in line for TSMM )

I am sure you enjoyed your rest having started so early in the morning. Looking forward to hearing more.

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #2949
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the Monsters Inc ride; but I guess the movie has drummed up much more interest in it than before. Hard to believe it's over 10 years since it came out.
Monster Inc. is a nice ride but I would never wait that long for that ride ever. But my family wanted to ride it while we were in the area and it was nice to discuss our strategies for the day. There is no question that the movie drummed the ride up where I would never imagine that the wait time would be over 20 minutes. Monsters University is a great movie and it helped get more guests to ride it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great update Bret!
You and your family are having a great day. So special to be able to share DL/DCA with family. You've done so much already. I loved your pictures especially of Cars Land. I too think the Jungle Cruise stroller is the best stroller I've ever seen.

We've always just walked right onto the Monsters, Inc. ride. I give you credit for standing in line. I certainly wouldn't have. (of course my family would be back in Paradise Pier waiting in line for TSMM )

I am sure you enjoyed your rest having started so early in the morning. Looking forward to hearing more.

TK
Thank you TK

We are all having a great time and we did a lot of rides during a busy summertime. It wasn't that busy as I have thought during the trip. I would say that the hot weather drove the locals away and just the tourists. So it made our trip very nice. Everyone enjoyed CL and it would have been nice to go on some of the rides but the wait times were just a little too long. the JC stroller was very neat.

I do the same thing and passed by Monster's Inc. when I am in Hollywood Land. I would never imagine that I would have to wait that long to get onto Monster's Inc. It was for DM, Chris and my aunt and I had no problem waiting in the queue with them. I know that you and your family would be in PP to ride TSMM all day. The wait time for TSMM during our visit was likea usual day at 40 minutes on average.

We all had a great morning and still have the afternoon to go and the nighttime.

The next post will be up shortly.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #2950
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 4

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 4

On our last update, the four of us went through Cars Land that morning and they were all impressed with the newest land to Disney California Adventure. Even though we didnít go on any rides at CL at that time, they were impressed with the new land. We got to watch Itís Tough to be a Bug and the Boudin Bakery Tour. Now we are in the queue of Monsterís Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue which I have never expected to see a long wait time to get on the ride while I have got on that ride instantly. Now letís get back to the trip report and back at Monsterís Inc.

We are now in the queue of Monsterís Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue. This was the first time I ever have to wait in a long line to get on the ride. Mostly it is a walk-on during anytime during the day (okay maybe not during super busy days). Ever since the movie Monsters University came out and the DLR promoting the movie a lot around the resort it doesnít surprise me that the ride is now popular.

While we were I the queue for the ride, we were talking what we should do next. DM told Chris and me that she has FPís for Grizzly River Run. I was surprised to hear that she actually got GRR FPís tickets and we were wondering where she got them. She told us that she got them when we were riding California Screamin. I should have known that she went to GRR and get FPís since Chris wants to ride GRR during the trip. So Chris and I will be able to ride GRR that day. I didnít want to go on GRR but it was for her and I didnít want her to go alone.

It took about 15 minutes to get into the building which was quite a long time to get into Monsterís Inc. The queue for Monsterís Inc. is always fun to go through.

Snacks anyone?

We finally got to the loading area and my DA parked the ECV on the left hand side.

During the ride, I used my DSLR to take some pictures with the 18-105mm lens. Mostly I would use the 35mm lens for the dark rides but I kept testing the lens to see how it turns out. Here are pictures from Monsterís Inc. that day.

Celia Mae and Mike Wazowski

Sully and Boo

Sushi anyone?

Sully, Boo and Mike

Itís time to go to work?

Mike is losing his mind over something

Where is Randall going?

There is Randall!!!

There is Booís door

Looks like Randall is going after the door as well

They found the door

Roz at the end of the ride

After we got off Monsterís Inc., Chris and I head on over towards Grizzly River Run to use our FPís. While my aunt and DM were in Hollywood Land, they decided to head on over towards the Hyperion Theater to watch the 12:45pm show of Disneyís Aladdin Ė A Musical Spectacular. Since we have time, they will save our seats while Chris and I ride GRR.

Chris and I head on over to GRR while my aunt and DM head on over to the Hyperion Theater. I didnít bring my DSLR or iPhone since we know for sure that we will get wet on GRR. So we left all of our stuff with my aunt and DM while we head on over to GRR.

I mostly never ride GRR when I am at DCA since it is a ride where you can get wet no matter what if you get lucky. I havenít rode GRR ever since the ride was part of the original rides since it opened in 2001. So it has been over 10 years since I have ridden GRR. Chris told me that she has never got wet while riding GRR. I was a little surprised to hear from her that she never got really wet on GRR. She told me that she has never and hopes to get wet on GRR.

The weather was picking up that afternoon and it was a good time to get a little wet on GRR. I was hoping that I donít get drenched where I am leaving a trail of water. I have seen people get drenched on GRR and leaving a trail of water.

We walked all the way from Hollywood Land to Grizzly Peak and it was around 12:15pm when we got over to GRR. The standby wait time for GRR was over an hour while when we got over to the FP queue, there was a line form on the outside close to the entrance of the Rushiní River Outfitters store. This was going to be a long time to get on the ride or a short time.

We only had to wait about 10 minutes to get on GRR through the FP queue and it was not as bad as I have thought. The two of us boarded GRR and Chris was on the outside. She wanted to be on the outside so she can get wet while I was in the middle of the row. We were paired with a nice family and asked us where we were from. One of the families was from Australia and one from Arizona. That was neat that one of the families that was riding with us on GRR was from another country.

During the ride on GRR, everyone on the ride got wet. I believe Chris got wet the most since there were times during the ride and drops that the edge of the raft got water and got her wet. I got wet a few times but not like her where she got wet. Even though I donít like getting wet, it was nice to get wet a little since it was getting a little warmer that day. I would have gotten pictures of us wet but I left all my equipment with my aunt and DM.

When we exited GRR, we only had 15 minutes to get back to Hollywood Land and meet up with my aunt and DM to see the 12:45pm show of Aladdin the Musical Spectacular. It was a short time to get back to Hollywood Land and have to go through the queue to meet up with them.

Fortunately, we got to the Hyperion Theater with about 5 minutes to go until the 12:45pm show. My aunt and DM were already in the building and we couldnít contact them since we donít have our phones. So we waited in the queue to wait for them until DM came out from the Orchestra area. Since my aunt was using the ECV, she was able to get good seats in the Orchestra area. So we met up with DM and got seats close to the middle of the stage.

I didnít take too many pictures of the show since I wanted to enjoy watching it instead o taking pictures since I havenít seen the show in a few years ago. The show is great like always but the best part is where the Genie doing a lot of joking during the show. That what makes the show so great is because of the Genie.

Here are some pictures that I took during the 12:45pm show of Aladdin the Musical Spectacular

After the show was over, the four of us headed on out of the ride and the next ride that DM told us to ride was the Tower of Terror since we were in the area. I was kind of surprised to hear that we are riding the ToT next and she told us that we got FPís for the ride. Once again, DM is on top of being the FP runner and getting FPís for another ride that Chris wants to ride.

So the four of us headed on over towards the ToT after leaving the Hyperion Theater.

When we were now back outside, everyone needed to use the restroom so we head on over towards the restroom right at the backside of the Hyperion Theater.

While walking down, the meet & greet area for Monsters University was busy as well as a small stand where they sell Monsters University merchandise.

While everyone used the restroom, I waited with the ECV and looked at the FPís for Tower of Teror and it was just about 8 minutes until the FPís expire. So we had just enough time to ride the ToT before the FPís expire and the wait time that I looked on Mousewait was at 40 minute wait. That was a long wait time to ride ToT.

When everyone came out of the bathroom, we head on over towards the ToT to ride it. We only had two FPís and my aunt and DM didnít want to ride it so the Chris and I rode it while they waited for us outside. But they told us that they will head on over to Cars Land to get a snack that afternoon. My aunt wanted to go on over to CL to get her food that day. She has been telling me for weeks that she canít wait to go back to CL to get that specific food at CL.

So my aunt and DM went on over to CL while Chris and I rode ToT. We only had to wait for 10 minutes to get on ToT which the only wait time was when we had to go through the queue inside the Hollywood Hotel. We didnít bring our bags or equipment since my aunt had the ECV. I did get a bad habit of letting my aunt carried my bag on the ECV. But with all the equipment that I had in my bag it was a little heavy.

When we got off the ride, Chris and I had a great time riding the ToT. Even though I didnít have my DSLR, we did bring our phones so we were able to get a picture.

As soon we got off the ToT, we head on over to A Bugís Land and towards Cars Land. We met up with my aunt and DB and they were at the Cozy Cone Motel area. If you have guessed Chili Cone Queso you are correct. My aunt has been looking forward to coming back to CL to have a Chili Cone Queso. DM also got the same thing. Chris got to eat some from DM while I had some from my aunt. The Chili Cone Queso was very nice where it had beef chili, cheddar cheese and corn chips in the bread cone.

We stayed in CL for a while and we enjoyed the Chili Cone Queso. Just as when we are about to leave CL and do something else that day, across from the Cozy Cone Motel Luigiís Flying Tires didnít have anyone on the ride. We were wondering what was happening at that time. A lot of the people that were in the queue were asked to leave the queue and they were not letting any guests to go through the queue.

LFT was quiet at that time and I would have guess there was a malfunction on the ride.

After we were done with the Chili Cone Queso, we left CL and now back at ABL from the backside. This is it for this post and I will have more from DCA that afternoon.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #2951
PrincessInOz
in

Nice to have seats saved for you at Aladdin. ToT is one ride I'll never get on. Is the Chili Cone Queso good?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #2952
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Your pictures from Aladdin were great! You should post them on the Picture of the Day threat

I liked your ride picture from the TOT too.

Did you leave a trail of water from GRR to Hollywood land?

TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #2953
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice to have seats saved for you at Aladdin. ToT is one ride I'll never get on. Is the Chili Cone Queso good?
Chris and I were lucky that my aunt and DM saved some good spots for Aladdin. Since my aunt had the ECV, the CM's saved two reserved seats right next to my aunt.

I mostly don't ride the ToT when I am at DCA and already this year alone that I have ridden it twice.

The Chili Cone Queso is nice but the cone bread is really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Your pictures from Aladdin were great! You should post them on the Picture of the Day threat

I liked your ride picture from the TOT too.

Did you leave a trail of water from GRR to Hollywood land?

TK
Thank you PiO. I'll remember to post them on the Picture of the Day thread.

The photo looked good since I was trying to get the pose right during the ride on ToT.

I didn't leave a trail of water. The only part of my body that was wet was my shorts. When we got to the Hyperion Theater, we were almost dried after the show was over.

The next post will be up shortly. I haven't been on the threads the last few days since I was working a major tournament at my job. It was just an awful weekend where I didn't enjoy working this weekend. At least I was able to write up my latest update from the June trip report.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 07-15-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:09 AM   #2954
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 5

Day 1 Ė June 28, 2013 Ė Part 5

On our last update, we finally got on Monsterís Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue which took almost 20 minutes to get on the ride where it is mostly a walk-on. We had fun going on Monsterís Inc. and after the ride, Chris and I went on over to Grizzly River Run. I didnít want to go on the ride but I did it for Chris. We did get wet on the ride while she got a little soaked. Than we head on over back to Hollywood Land to watch Aladdin the Musical Spectacular at the 12:45pm show where we met up with my aunt and DB. We got to ride the Tower of Terror after Aladdin. Then we head on over to Cars Land to have lunch. We had Chili Cone Queso at the Cozy Cone Motel where my aunt has been looking forward to it since she had it back in January. Now back to the trip report.

We just have finished out lunch at the Cozy Cone Motel and we started to go to our next destination was to head on back to Best Western Park Place Inn where we are staying during the trip and take our afternoon nap. I really needed to take a nap since I was driving that morning all the way to Anaheim. My aunt needed it too while Chris and DM could use a nap after a nice day at the parks. The weather was getting a little warmer at that time so it was a perfect time to head on back to the room and rest up for the nighttime.

We walked on out of Cars Land and heading on over towards BVS. But when we got closer to BVS, the Pixar Parade was running and we were close to the back of the parade. So it took us awhile to get on out of DCA. The parade was not a priority for us during the trip but I wanted to see the Pixar parade with the Monsterís University in the parade. I will have another chance to see it when I go in August if I do have time.

When the parade passed the Carthay Circle Theater, we started to walk on out of DCA. But before we left the park, we stopped at the Elias & Company store to buy some merchandise before we left the park. It was a good time to get some stuff so we wouldnít have to buy a lot at night.

At the Elias & Company Store as well as the Los Feliz Five & Dime store, we bought a few merchandise before we left DCA that afternoon. I bought the Glow with the Show Ears for Chris and DM. I did buy GwtS ears for my aunt, her DBF and DD3 during the January trip and they were amazed with the ears. So my aunt and I thought it would be great to get the GwtS ears for Chris and DM. Since we are seeing the nighttime shows at DCA & DL, it would be perfect to use during the nighttime. We also bought a Disneyland Mickey backpack which had the classic Mickey when we purchased a specific amount at the store. Chris really like the backpack and I just bought enough at the Elias & Co. store. The backpack costs $20 with the purchase of $40 or more. The ears cost about $25 with tax without the AP discount. So they were about $20 bucks with the AP discount. I bought 2 ears and the backpack when we were in the store.

When we purchased our merchandise at the Elias & Co & Los Feliz Five & Dime stores, we head on out of DCA and now were back at the Esplanade. But before we left the DLR, we had to drop off the ECV at the Wheelchair & ECV rental right by DL. It only took a few minutes until we head on back to the hotel to rest up for that night.

We left around 3pm and got back to the room around 3:10pm. We had to walk all the way at the back of BWPPI which was quite a long walk. Everyone had a great time for the first 6 hours in the park and we did quite a lot of rides and shows. We were all glad to be back at the room to rest up so we can enjoy the parks that night.

When we got to the room, Chris crashed in her bed immediately. I did the same thing on the couch which I was out immediately. My aunt told me later when I got up around 4:45pm that I was knocked out. It just shows that I really needed the rest after driving a lot that Thursday morning to Anaheim. I had about an hour and a half rest just like everyone when we got back to the room. My aunt and DM also rested up while we were in the room.

It was around 5pm when we were all awaked and we took showers and got dressed for that night. It was a nice day where we didnít have to bring sweaters or jackets that night. Thatís why I like about going in the summertime where you donít have to wear a lot of clothes where it feels like in the 60s and 70s at night.

We packed all of our stuff for the nighttime at DCA where we will be seeing World of Color at the 9pm show. I packed my bag with all my camera and video equipment and brought the tripod so I can videotape WoC. I always bring my tripod for the nighttime shows by using the video camera or the camera.

We left around 5:15pm and we head on over back at the Esplanade so we can get my aunt ECV. It took a while for my aunt to get the ECV and luckily we werenít going towards DL where the line was close to the monorail beam.

When she got the ECV, we head on over towards DCA. There is barely a line over at DCA to get into the park. It was a good thing that we were able to go in DCA with little wait time unlike DL where it was a little busy to get into the park.

When we went through the turnstiles at DCA, we were now back at BVS and we started to walk down the streets on over to Arielís Grotto for dinner.

My aunt and I have ate at AG back during the January trip. But the only difference between AG back in January and June is that the World of Color dining package was back. Since last summer towards our visit, DCA stopped the World of Color dining package for AG replacing it with the Carthay Circle Restaurant. Wine Country Trattoria and the CCR were the only places to get a FPís for WoC instead of getting a FP at GRR. DCA returned the dining package for AG this summer and it was nice to have the option so we can get FPís for WoC. We also got WoC FPís that Friday morning just in case we didnít get a good spot to watch WoC in the dining area.

We walked through BVS and I got a few pictures while we were walking on over towards AG. The park was not that busy during that time of the day which was expected where DL is quite busy around that time of the day before 6pm. All of BVS was all decorated with the Patriotic colors which was less than a week until 4th of July.

Los Felize Five & Dime store

We walked all the way until we got to Paradise Pier where Arielís Grotto is located in DCA. It wasnít too long ago that my aunt and I ate at AG for dinner.

It was a little busy going up the bridge to PP and AG.

It is so amazing to see Mickeyís Fun Wheel and California Screamin from the bridge heading to PP.

The viewing area was not ready for WoC that night but it will be later.

We finally got to Arielís Grotto for dinner that night. I never imagined that I would eat at AG again especially the WoC dining package since it was taken off last year and reappeared during the summertime. My aunt will be eating at AG for the 2nd time. Chris and DM have told us that they have eaten at AG before and were excited to try the food.

Our reservation was at 6pm so we got to AG around 5:50pm which was 10 minutes early. After checking in, we only had to wait 2 minutes outside to get seated. That was really quick to get into AG that day since there was barely anyone in the lobby area.

When we were seated, we were almost at the back of the inside part of the restaurant. Chris and DM said that the inside dining room looks a little different when they ate at AG. The room is very nice decorated with the Little Mermaid theme. During the nighttime dinner, there were no princesses which is just like the WoC dining package where they donít get princesses. During the January trip with my aunt, we got princesses where DD3 was so excited. This time, we didnít get the princesses but we did get FPís for WoC in the dining viewing area.

We knew what we wanted since we looked at the menu online to see what we will want. When we ordered our food, the first course came out. It was an antipasti tower which had three plates of different choices.

Prosciutto, Dried Fruit Pieces, Manchego Cheese, and Chef's-blend of Marinated Olives

Sourdough Pull-apart Flower

Shrimp and Lobster Salad, Mixed Greens Salad served with Ariel's Grotto House Vinaigrette

Fresh Fruit, Baby Carrots, Celery Sticks, String Cheese, and "Jewels of the Sea" Fruit Gelatin

While we were eating the appetizer antipasti tower, I took a few pictures of the dťcor in the dining room

Our food came out really quickly and it was dinner time.

I got the Herb-Crusted Chicken Breast served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and medley of seasonal vegetables. I wanted to try something different instead of getting a meat dish.

My aunt got the Cioppino which had Lobster Tail, Scallops, Sustainable Fish, Green-lip Mussels, Shrimp, and Bilbao Chorizo in a Fire-roasted Tomato Broth.

Chris got the Santa Maria-style Tri-tip with slow roasted and smoked over red oakwood. Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables.

Lastly DM got the fish dished served over wild rice pilaf topped with a sweet & spicy pineapple chutney with a medley of seasonal vegetables.

When we ate, we all shared each other plates to try all the different food that we ordered that day. The herb crusted chicken was nice along with the tri-tip. My aunt told me that the Cioppino dish was not as good as the time when she had it back in January. It was a little bland and spicy. I had a taste of it and it was spicy.

After we finished out dinner plates, it was time for dessert and the dessert was nice which had Lava Cake, Mini Cookies, Assorted Petite Cupcakes, and fresh Berries.

The dessert looks like the same when we ate at AG back in January. Since we are doing the WoC dining package, they would do a special dessert plate to finished the meal. But the dessert plate looked like the same and it was good.

We stayed at AG for a while since we plan on getting to the viewing area early so we all can get a good spot. We talked about doing the WoC dining FP instead of the blue FPís that we got this morning. I havenít done the dining viewing area in quite some time that it would be nice to try another spot instead of the blue spot that I am so used to being at.

When we were finished, we started to leave AG and head back to PP. Just when we paid the bill, our CM waitress gave us four FP's for the 9pm WoC show. We all had a great time at AG for dinner. My aunt was not happy of the Cioppino not being good during the January trip. We all tried each other different plates and the one that we all liked the most was DM plate. It was nice to have dinner at AG and getting WoC dining FP's.

We now exited AG and back at PP. It was around 7:30pm and there was 30 minutes until the CMís let the guests in the viewing area for the 9pm WoC show. So we head on over towards the viewing area close to the Little Mermaid ride. The day was really where it was going to be very nice to watch WoC.

This will be it for this post and I will have more when we watch WoC that night.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #2955
PrincessInOz
in

The food looks great at AG.

One other thing about hitting the parks in summer.....long daylight hours and lazy evenings out and about. Your pictures show how bright it is; even at 6 pm at night.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: