Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #2896
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

That's a great set of ADRs for DLR. I hope you enjoy the meals.

Hope you find time to get the 5200 soon.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #2897
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm glad you enjoyed your studio tour and made it back to Anaheim.

Congrats on getting your ADRs. Are you coming this month?

You are coming for the Expo right?
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #2898
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
That's a great set of ADRs for DLR. I hope you enjoy the meals.

Hope you find time to get the 5200 soon.
The meals are my aunt and Chris choices where I am going along with any of the sit down restaurants that they want to do. I am looking forward to eating at BB since I haven't eaten at that restaurant in a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed your studio tour and made it back to Anaheim.

Congrats on getting your ADRs. Are you coming this month?

You are coming for the Expo right?
Thank you Alison. Your pictures from your trip to the WDS made me so excited to go and see it in person. We got back to Anaheim with no problem after stopping at Little Tokyo in Los Angeles.

Thank you. I was a little surprised that most of the times that we got for sit down were available. It will be nice to eat at some restaurants that I haven't eaten for quite some time. I will be coming in two weeks on June 28th to 30th. It is a last second trip where my aunt wanted to get away from Sacramento and what better trip is to come down to SoCal.

I will definitely be down there for the Expo in August with my DA. Are you getting excited for the Expo with the Sorcerers package? It will be nice to see you and Fran during the event. Are we planning on doing another DISer meet before the Expo?
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #2899
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – May 4, 2013 – Part 16

We are only 11 days away till our trip to DL. I am getting excited but the one’s that are getting excited are my aunt, Chris and DM. I know that it is going to be a busy trip with all the rides and shows will be busy so we are planning as much as we can so we can do as much as possible. Let’s get back to my May trip since I am not even close to being finished.

Day 2 – May 4, 2013 – Part 16

On our last update, I was in DCA going around the park to get my usual pictures before it was time to head on over to DL for my nighttime show. While I was walking through DCA, it was still the same even though it was kind of busy during early May which was a little surprising. It was a very nice day to walk around the park and now I am walking on over to DL to do my next attraction.

I just walked on over through the Esplanade and was now in DL. It was around 5:40pm when I entered DL that day. It was a little busy entering the park through the turnstiles but it wasn’t that bad. As when I entered DL, I have to take a picture of Main Street Station and the Disneyland Railroad.

I was walking through MS on over to my next destination. I came to the park when the 4pm Mickey’s Soundsational Parade was over since I won’t have to go through MS during the parade. When I was walking down MS, the former Market House, Disneyana for the new Starbucks location was roped off. I would guess that it was roped off due to painting but I didn’t see any paint signs around the area.

I head on over to Tomorrowland to go in Innoventions to see the Iron Man Tech. After the tour at the WDS this was my next thing that I was very interested in coming back to the DLR. I have heard great reviews of the Iron Man display at Innoventions. The banners outside of Innoventions was neat to look at and I knew that it was going to be neat to see the props of the suits.

It is so neat to look at Tomorrowland from the 2nd level of Innoventions. The park was kind of busy that day where rides like Space Mountain which was reopened after being closed for awhile and all of a sudden it was reopened on Friday.

I entered Innoventions and the first thing I wanted to see was the Iron Man Tech. When I got to the display where they show all the different suits. There were a lot of people looking at the suits and taking pictures. It was so neat to see all the different suits from the first one to the current one.

Looking at the Mark 42 suit

I head on over towards the suits right at the wall which goes from the Mark I all the way to the Mark VII used in all the different movies from Iron Man 1 to 3.

The very first suit from the movie Iron Man Mark I

Mark II

Mark III

Mark IV

Mark V

Mark VI

Mark VII

After looking at the suits, I looked at all the different props that were used in the movies which was right close to the area where you can be see yourself wearing the Iron Man suit in a video screen.

A look back at all the different suits before I head on out of Innoventions

After I walked on out of Innoventions, it was nice day where I had to go on one of my favorite rides at Disneyland. For the people that have followed my trip reports in the past, you know what ride I am talking about since I am in TL. If you guess the Monorail, you are correct. Since I have plenty of time until I head on over to get a spot for the nighttime show, I decided to ride the Monorail round trip from TL. So I head on over to the TL Monorail Station.

When I got to the TL Monorail station right by the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, the FNSV wait time was in the 30 minute range which sounded right during the day.

I walked up all the way to the TL Monorail station and I like to get a picture of the FNSV dock with the submarines.

I had to wait until the Monorail entered the station while I was waiting I got some random pictures while I was waiting.

The monorail finally arrived and it was Mark VII Blue Monorail arriving at the station.

I was all the way at the back since I enjoy riding in the last car of the monorail. Since I was by myself, I decided to ride in the back but not in the back cabin of the monorail.

That is it for this post and I will have more from riding the Disneyland Monorail.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #2900
PrincessInOz
in

Love the suits!

11 days? I bet you can't wait.

You're photographs in this set are really great, Bret.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 06-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #2901
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Next time my nephew comes by I'll show him your Iron Man pics, he'll be so thrilled.

It's almost time for your next DL trip.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #2902
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the suits!

11 days? I bet you can't wait.

You're photographs in this set are really great, Bret.
Seeing all the different suits is very nice. It is good to have the Iron Man Tech in Innoventions since it doesn't get too many people during the day. It is also a great place to relax during the summertime when there is barely anyone inside Innoventions.

Now just 9 days away till the trip. I can't wait to leave in a few days and being prepared for the crowds

Thank you PiO. The photos of the Nikon D5100 are very nice. Now I am having second thoughts of buying the D5200 since I talked to my aunt yesterday during lunch while discussing our plans. I told her about upgrading to a newer model over the older one and she asked me "Do I need to have it or I just want it?" I know that my family talked to me about this before after I upgrade over the Nikon D60 to the Nikon D5100 back in 2011. This was a great upgrade over the D60 to the D5100. But after less than 1 1/2 years since I upgrade is it time to upgrade or should I wait for the next model in a couple of years. I am having mix thoughts about the whole thing. I want to upgrade because of the faster AF point where I can take better pictures of moving objects where the AF point on the D5200 is 3 times faster over the D5100.

I'll decide this weekend since I am off (finally a break without anything going on at my job) to decide if I want to buy the D5200. I am still leaning towards buying it but my family members words might change my mind of buying it and saving it for something in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Next time my nephew comes by I'll show him your Iron Man pics, he'll be so thrilled.

It's almost time for your next DL trip.
Your nephew will want to go to Innoventions to see the Iron Man suits which is so neat and to see the props from the actual movie.

Just 9 days away till the trip and it is getting exciting.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #2903
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Seeing all the different suits is very nice. It is good to have the Iron Man Tech in Innoventions since it doesn't get too many people during the day. It is also a great place to relax during the summertime when there is barely anyone inside Innoventions.

Now just 9 days away till the trip. I can't wait to leave in a few days and being prepared for the crowds

Thank you PiO. The photos of the Nikon D5100 are very nice. Now I am having second thoughts of buying the D5200 since I talked to my aunt yesterday during lunch while discussing our plans. I told her about upgrading to a newer model over the older one and she asked me "Do I need to have it or I just want it?" I know that my family talked to me about this before after I upgrade over the Nikon D60 to the Nikon D5100 back in 2011. This was a great upgrade over the D60 to the D5100. But after less than 1 1/2 years since I upgrade is it time to upgrade or should I wait for the next model in a couple of years. I am having mix thoughts about the whole thing. I want to upgrade because of the faster AF point where I can take better pictures of moving objects where the AF point on the D5200 is 3 times faster over the D5100.

I'll decide this weekend since I am off (finally a break without anything going on at my job) to decide if I want to buy the D5200. I am still leaning towards buying it but my family members words might change my mind of buying it and saving it for something in the future.

Bret - If you asked the question on the photoboard, you might find that most of the photographers there tend to put money into faster and better glass than towards the body.

To upgrade because of 1 feature is something that only you can answer as it will depend on how much you think it will help your picture taking.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #2904
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – May 4, 2013 – Part 17

We are only 3 days away till our trip to DL. I am getting excited that we are almost close to our trip. The crazy part of the trip is leaving early Thursday night around midnight so we can get to Anaheim before the park opens at 8am. Chris wants to get to the park first thing on Friday morning to do as much as possible.

But before we enter the park on Friday, we will be eating at Mimi's Cafe on Harbor Blvd before we enter the park that day. We have ate at Mimi's Cafe before during the January trip where my aunt and I have lunch when we got to Anaheim. For a quick pre plan that we have talked about is that we will enter Disney California Adventure on Friday and we will be eating at Ariel's Grotto for dinner.

For my May trip report update, I won't do an update on Sunday May 5th since it is the time where I go around the park and do my usual stuff. So I won't be doing an update for May 5th. But I will try to finish up May 4th before I leave in a few days.

Day 2 – May 4, 2013 – Part 17

On the last update, I entered Disneyland after being in DCA for the first part of the day. I wasn't in DL or DCA due to the Walt Disney Studios tour in Burbank that day. I just finished going through Innoventions and seeing the Iron Man Tech display which shows the different suits from the movie Iron Man. Now I am at the Disneyland Monorail station in Tomorrowland to go around the resort.

I boarded Monorail Mark VII Blue in the back car and now going around the resort and taking my usual pictures. There wasn't too many people with me in the back so it was nice to ride it without too many people. But I knew that there will be more people riding the monorail when we get to Downtown Disney.

While riding Monorail Mark VII Blue to the DTD station, I got a few pictures of DCA on the way over. It is so fun to take pictures while riding the monorail especially with DCA where a lot has change ever since the DCA expansion that began a few years ago.

Leaving Tomorrowland

Passing by Mad T Party in Hollywood Land

Buena Vista Street

Condor Flats right by Soarin Over California

Now entering DTD and there was a lot of people watching a live performance right across from the Rainforest Cafe

We got to the DTD station and more guests started to board the monorail, it was time to head on back to DL and back to TL. Passing by the turnstiles at MS over at DL. It wasn't that busy after 6pm when the guests entering DL

Over at TL, I like to get the aerial photos while riding the monorail.

We were now back at the TL Monorail station and we had to exit the monorail since they don't let any guests ride it back to the DTD station. While riding the monorail, you can ride it round trip from the TL station while when riding it at the DTD station, you have to disembark at the TL station and you can't go round trip from the DTD station.

When I left the station, I was back in TL and taking some pictures of the Matterhorn and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage lagoon while Monorail Mark VII was now in TL.

I like to look at the Matterhorn from the TL side since you can see the heart shape in the mountain where it used to be the former Skyway tunnel. I do miss the Skyway everytime I see the Matterhorn from this side.

Monorail Mark VII passing by over the FNSV lagoon

After looking around TL, I decided it was time to head on over to get my spot for the nighttime show. The nighttime show that I wanted to see that night was Fantasmic!. Since I have watched Magical fireworks on Friday, I wanted to watch F! that night. Mostly when I am at the DLR, I do the fireworks first and watch World of Color the next night. Since my DA and I went to the WDS on Saturday and weren't in the park that morning till later that day, I decided not to get a FP for WoC and watch F! instead. I love F! and love watching the show. But I haven't watched F! a lot over the fireworks or WoC these last few years since I have been focusing on those two shows. It was nice to watch F! that night and it was also windy so I had a hunch that the fireworks won't run that night since the fireworks at DL won't be playing due to high winds.

So I head on over to the Rivers of America but I went through the backside towards Fantasyland and Frontierland. While passing by Fantasyland, it was kind of busy where a lot of the rides had long lines. This was common during this part of the day before it got dark that day.

A look back at Fantasyland until I head towards the backside of Frontierland where Big Thunder Ranch is located

Just when I was about to enter the backside of Frontierland, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was closed for it's about one year refurbishment. It is sad to see BTMRR closed during the trip and hope that it will be fun to ride. Ever since the Matterhorn got the new bobsleds since last year, it hasn't been the same ride experience. We will wait and see what the ride experience will be like for the new BTMRR.

On the otherside of BTMRR was the tunnel for the former Mine Train

I was now in Frontierland and passing by the front entrance of BTMRR where the construction was going on.

Just when I was getting closer to the sitting area right by New Orleans Square, there were few groups with blankets, strollers, etc. waiting for the first show of F! at 9pm. It was almost close to 7pm that night and I had to get my spot for the night.

So I went to NOS to use the restroom right close to the NOS station on the backside before I got dinner that night.

After using the restroom, I head on over to the Royal Street Veranda and have steak gumbo for dinner. I haven't had the steak gumbo at RSV in a long time since I have been trying a lot of different restaurants at the DLR. It was nice to have a steak gumbo just before the first show of F!. It took awhile to get the gumbo since it was close to dinner time and I had to wait about 10 minutes to get the gumbo.

When I got the steak gumbo, I head on over towards the edge of the RoA at the sitting area for the first show of F!. I got my usual spot at the backside where the rope off area is since I take pictures and videos with my tripod where there is no one behind me except for the people in the F! dessert seating area which are a little higher.

I set up my blanket and have my dinner that night which was the steak gumbo. I also brought my Glow with the Show Ears since it interacts with Fantasmic just like the fireworks and WoC. I was excited to see how the ears would respond during F!. I have seen video clips of the Glow with the Show ears that was used during F! and it was neat. It doesn't light up as much as the fireworks or WoC, but it is still neat that it interacts with the show.

While when I got set up, I took a few random pictures of the area at the sitting area and there wasn't too much on the left hand side.

But on the right hand side there were people right at the rope off area with about less than 2 hours until the 9pm show of Fantasmic!.

During the time that passed, I was eating my gumbo and reading on my iPad of what is going on the threads. Later on that day, the Columbia left the dock and is going backwards as it is getting ready for F! that night.

Time passed by and more and more people started to fill the whole area. Just about 30 minutes to go until the show, the whole area in the sitting area right by the RoA was all filled up. There was barely any room left. I was glad that I got my spot in advance so I can see the show from the backside.

While I was waiting for the show, I was planning on using my DSLR camera with the 18-105mm lens to see how the pictures will turn out. I didn't bring my tripod that night since I was planning on taking pictures of F! without it. I also didn't want to carry my tripod for about 2 hours in the parks until I got my spot for F! that night. It has been a long time since I haven't used my tripod for F!. But I can take fine pictures without it.

During the time until it was time for the 9pm show of F!, I took a few random pictures with different setting to see how the pictures turn out when I use it later that night.

A lot of the people are waiting for the show to start at 9pm.

It was getting closer and closer to the start of the 9pm show and I can't wait to see it. I have my Glow with the Show Ears on my head, my DSLR in my hands ready to take pictures. That will be it for this post since I am out of pictures to post. The next update will be later on showing pictures that I have taken during the 9pm show of Fantasmic!.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #2905
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pictures and the gumbo looked yummy! We've never seen F! at DL. Is it worth the wait? What spot do you recommend viewing from?

Have a blast on your upcoming trip. It will be interesting to see how much you are able to do getting there right when the park opens at 8 am.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #2906
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great pictures and the gumbo looked yummy! We've never seen F! at DL. Is it worth the wait? What spot do you recommend viewing from?

Have a blast on your upcoming trip. It will be interesting to see how much you are able to do getting there right when the park opens at 8 am. :good vibes
Thank you TK. I can't believe I haven't had a steak gumbo for quite some time. But with trying a lot of different restaurants at the DLR, I can except that to happen. It was nice to have one on a nice night to watch Fantasmic!.

I thought you have seen F! at DL? You have seen F! at Disney Hollywood Studios? The F! at DHS is almost similar to DL but I still consider DL way better over the DHS version. If you have seen my F! pics in the past trip reports and I love the DL version especially the Maleficent dragon where it is amazing.

For 2 hours does seem a long time to wait for the show. You know that I have waited that long for any nighttime shows from the fireworks, WoC and F! but that is me and other people who want prime spots. I would say at 1 hour to wait is good enough if you want in the sitting area. It also depends on which show time you want to see from the 1st show at 9pm or the 10:30pm. I like to watch the first show since I like to sit on the walkway before the first show. I do like going to the 2nd show since if you are coming from the Hub after the fireworks. Another way to see the show is the F! dessert package where you can get a seat for the show and get a dessert box. I haven't done the F! dessert package since 2009 when F! was upgraded.

The best spot to see the show is right at the railing close to the Rivers of America in the seating area in the middle, but I don't like the railing area since you have to look through the railings. I like the rope off area in the back where you can have a wheelchair, ECV, stroller, etc. up in the back where in the front and middle you have to fold it up. As you have seen my pictures during this update that I was right at the rope off area in the back. This is the best spot to see the show in my opinion with no one behind me except for the F! dessert seating area.

We will try to have a great time during the trip. I do have concerns when we get there on Friday when I will be driving that day. I will have to get a lot of rest on Thursday and we will switch during the trip. It will be interesting to see how much we will get done that Friday. The first thing is to get to Anaheim safely.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #2907
PrincessInOz
in

Fantastic update, Bret. Looking forward to seeing the F! pics.

3 days? That's so close!

Old 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #2908
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the explaination Bret. Hard to believe but we've never seen F! at DL. We have seen it at DHS a few times but not for many visits as there is a long wait there.

I think we may try the desert package this December. I'll look into it.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #2909
disneykiwi
Mouseketeer

hi Bret

Just got back from DL for 2 weeks - loved it!! The WOC and Fantasmic and the fireworks were absolutely wonderful. I think I love Fantasmic the best, but seeing Tink and Dumbo flying over the castle during the fireworks was just amazing.

The crowds were crazy - it was hard work getting around, Carsland was packed each time, we got a fast pass for RSR at 8.40 and it was for 1.30 that same afternoon but well worth the 40 min line up for the pass as it was 135 min wait in normal line an hour after it opened and got worse during the day.

We did 4 rides in 8 hours at DCA that day, after lining up and eating etc in that time though, it was 95 min for Luigis tires, which was a fun ride but not worth waiting more than 30 mins to be honest. I loved the RSR ride and Maters ride was such fun.

We did an Adventures by Disney 5 day Backstage magic tour so got to see behind the scenes of some of the rides and I can thoroughly recommend it for any Disney fan, but it was very expensive but well worth it - but once in a lifetime for us.

Seeing your pics is bringing back so many wonderful memories - thank you and enjoy your trip but beware of the huge crowds.

Hi from New Zealand.

Disneyland 1985, Disneyland 1992, Disneyworld 1999, Disneyland 2002, Disneyland 2004 Disneyland 2006 DisneyWorld 2010, Disneyland and ABD backstage magic trip June 2013
disneykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:09 AM   #2910
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Fantastic update, Bret. Looking forward to seeing the F! pics.

3 days? That's so close!
Thanks PiO.

Now it's just one day away and we will be driving at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Thanks for the explaination Bret. Hard to believe but we've never seen F! at DL. We have seen it at DHS a few times but not for many visits as there is a long wait there.

I think we may try the desert package this December. I'll look into it.
Your welcome TK. I was surprised to hear that you have never seen F! at DL. I know that if you have enjoyed F! at DHS, you will definitely enjoy F! at DL.

The F! dessert package is a nice way so you won't have to stake out a spot for the show. If you read HydroGuy Fantasmic! Superthread it will tell you everything about the show and the F! dessert package. The only wait time you will have with the dessert package is to choose your seats for the show where you will have to line up at the Churro stand right across from the HM. I have heard that people wait over 30 minutes until it was time to check-in to get from row seats for the show. It is way better than waiting over 2 hours for a ground spot for the 1st show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneykiwi View Post
hi Bret

Just got back from DL for 2 weeks - loved it!! The WOC and Fantasmic and the fireworks were absolutely wonderful. I think I love Fantasmic the best, but seeing Tink and Dumbo flying over the castle during the fireworks was just amazing.

The crowds were crazy - it was hard work getting around, Carsland was packed each time, we got a fast pass for RSR at 8.40 and it was for 1.30 that same afternoon but well worth the 40 min line up for the pass as it was 135 min wait in normal line an hour after it opened and got worse during the day.

We did 4 rides in 8 hours at DCA that day, after lining up and eating etc in that time though, it was 95 min for Luigis tires, which was a fun ride but not worth waiting more than 30 mins to be honest. I loved the RSR ride and Maters ride was such fun.

We did an Adventures by Disney 5 day Backstage magic tour so got to see behind the scenes of some of the rides and I can thoroughly recommend it for any Disney fan, but it was very expensive but well worth it - but once in a lifetime for us.

Seeing your pics is bringing back so many wonderful memories - thank you and enjoy your trip but beware of the huge crowds.
Hi Toni,

Glad that you had a great time during your trip to DL a few weeks ago. That is neat that you were able to see all the nighttime shows. F! is special since it is the longest running nighttime show at DL for over 20 years.

I am not surprised with the crowds and I won't be when I go there this weekend. Nice that you were able to get FPs for RSR during your trip. I will be planning on getting FP's early in the morning so we won't have to wait in the long standby queue for over 2 hours during the busy time of the day. I will be shocked if it is not that crowded.

95 minute wait time for Luigis Flying Tires is not worth that wait time. Just like you said around 30 minutes is reasonable for that ride.

It must have been fun to do the Backstage Magic Tour during the trip and going in the back area where you don't get to see.

Glad you are enjoying the pictures. We plan on seeing big crowds during this weekend. it will be shocking if it isn't that crowded.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: